BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 32 of 126 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI - TC does have a IAAM championship under her belt. Let’s not forget.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FYI - TC does have a IAAM championship under her belt. Let’s not forget.

Let’s not forget that team was loaded with CRs 2019 and 2020 classes and they let a team of mostly sophomores take them to double OT twice and were lucky to win the championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter actually goes to McD and likes Taylor. She is very direct and lets you know what she is thinking. Never been unkind or mean as some
people say. Maybe she just doesn't like some people.

This is the most backward compliment ever. Get some dignity and class. Sounds like something a meathead McD parent would say. Was has the McD machine created? No wonder they’re pulling back on recruits.

I’m glad that there really aren’t private clinics advertised anymore. They say never to meet your heros for a reason. If you put on a clinic take a few minutes at the beginning to introduce yourself and make a connection instead of going right into wall ball, esp when parents are watching. Even if it doesn’t feel natural, work on people skillls. It all translates to $$$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$75 bucks to do wall ball, while TC looks at her phone. But you get to say you had a practice with TC and maybe get lucky that she post it to her Instagram page.
Edge lacrosse has taken it to another level with the instagram shout outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What they have created is someone who can actually use proper English.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
$75 bucks to do wall ball, while TC looks at her phone. But you get to say you had a practice with TC and maybe get lucky that she post it to her Instagram page.

The difference is that Kara Hogan is personable. My daughter trains with her and loves her. I have not met anyone that trains with her that doesn’t say the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so surprised by the TC comments. Are these McD parents or just peeps in general?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am so surprised by the TC comments. Are these McD parents or just peeps in general?

Both. I’d say a majority of kids that have trained with her or played for her feel the same. She has her favorites and if if you aren’t one of them good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A few of the post mentioned having daughters at McD? Then a few mentioned daughters that had experience with her at clinics?. Seems like what they are saying is, they feel She’s not that nice of a person??? And, feel shes not that great of a coach??? Also, young... and Still needs time to mature into the job and prove herself???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree. I am not a McD parent but every kid I know that has trained or played for TC has said that she is not a nice person. I’m surprised at the lack of “positive coaching” I’ve seen throughout the entire IAAM with women’s lacrosse. There are some excellent role models like MG but there are many terrible ones too. A high school conference at this level nationally for women’s lacrosse that promotes their “Positive Coaching Alliance” should do a better job of training and holding the AD’s accountable for hiring better role models as coaches. I’ve seen so many coaches in this league play the same players every game while talented girls stand on the sidelines. Club Lacrosse politics get in the way of excellent high school coaching. High school HCs should be prevented from having recruiting director and HC positions in area club lacrosse programs. That would be a start. Too many coaches making decisions for their own benefit. TC should be prevented from making money on personal training while she is the McD HC. Parents fill her personal pocket in the hopes it will translate to a roster spot on McD’s team. Than they are surprised and disappointed when it doesn’t work out. TC cares about one person....TC. Not McD, not M&D, and definitely not your daughter. Sad to say there a few additional IAAM coaches that are the same as TC. The IAAM really needs to set some guidelines around this. It will only get worse as the sport grows and the number of clubs that compete for the same pool of talent grows.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree. I am not a McD parent but every kid I know that has trained or played for TC has said that she is not a nice person. I’m surprised at the lack of “positive coaching” I’ve seen throughout the entire IAAM with women’s lacrosse. There are some excellent role models like MG but there are many terrible ones too. A high school conference at this level nationally for women’s lacrosse that promotes their “Positive Coaching Alliance” should do a better job of training and holding the AD’s accountable for hiring better role models as coaches. I’ve seen so many coaches in this league play the same players every game while talented girls stand on the sidelines. Club Lacrosse politics get in the way of excellent high school coaching. High school HCs should be prevented from having recruiting director and HC positions in area club lacrosse programs. That would be a start. Too many coaches making decisions for their own benefit. TC should be prevented from making money on personal training while she is the McD HC. Parents fill her personal pocket in the hopes it will translate to a roster spot on McD’s team. Than they are surprised and disappointed when it doesn’t work out. TC cares about one person....TC. Not McD, not M&D, and definitely not your daughter. Sad to say there a few additional IAAM coaches that are the same as TC. The IAAM really needs to set some guidelines around this. It will only get worse as the sport grows and the number of clubs that compete for the same pool of talent grows.
thank you SPSG parent for you insight into the coaching of the IAAM A division. Please offer some evidence of the terrible coaching and club conflicts besides your thoughts on TC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The difference is that Kara Hogan is personable. My daughter trains with her and loves her. I have not met anyone that trains with her that doesn’t say the same thing.

Second the Kara Hogan kudos... My daughter loves training with her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I have to agree. I am not a McD parent but every kid I know that has trained or played for TC has said that she is not a nice person. I’m surprised at the lack of “positive coaching” I’ve seen throughout the entire IAAM with women’s lacrosse. There are some excellent role models like MG but there are many terrible ones too. A high school conference at this level nationally for women’s lacrosse that promotes their “Positive Coaching Alliance” should do a better job of training and holding the AD’s accountable for hiring better role models as coaches. I’ve seen so many coaches in this league play the same players every game while talented girls stand on the sidelines. Club Lacrosse politics get in the way of excellent high school coaching. High school HCs should be prevented from having recruiting director and HC positions in area club lacrosse programs. That would be a start. Too many coaches making decisions for their own benefit. TC should be prevented from making money on personal training while she is the McD HC. Parents fill her personal pocket in the hopes it will translate to a roster spot on McD’s team. Than they are surprised and disappointed when it doesn’t work out. TC cares about one person....TC. Not McD, not M&D, and definitely not your daughter. Sad to say there a few additional IAAM coaches that are the same as TC. The IAAM really needs to set some guidelines around this. It will only get worse as the sport grows and the number of clubs that compete for the same pool of talent.

The coaches want the best kids regardless of club. Those club ties help the schools bring in kids. MG used it the best. As for the comment about lots of talent standing on sideline , well that happens everywhere. Playing time is usually earned by what that coach sees at practice. Some are better than others for sure but the cry of politics is usually made by a parent of a player that’s not good enough. I’m willing to bet more than half the reason kids at these schools is lax only. Save the money , stay in public and play the whole time and great players will still get recruited thru club. My bet is a D1 player is ahead of your d3 daughter and you think she deserves more play time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it does happen everywhere. Look at UM. And look where UM has been in the standings the past several years. It doesn’t work anymore. Too much talent out there now. The kids entering college in the 21 & 22 class started playing club in elementary school. There are more high level clubs out there now too. Look at how M&D has struggled in their brackets in the younger divisions. Even the 22 class is losing more games than previous M&D classes and not just to other high level MD clubs. More talent is being dispersed amongst more clubs, high schools and states. Maryland and Long Island no longer are the only talent pool for high level D1 lacrosse. That’s a great thing for the sport but the IAAM coaching (& UM for that matter) has not kept up with the fast acceleration of the talent pool. That is why you see more girls being recruited from areas like Georgia, Colorado and the west coast. And contrary to your belief I am not an SPSG parent and my daughter is not going D3 (not that there is anything wrong with that either). Any kid recruited to play college lacrosse should be proud of their accomplishment. Now more than ever. Most kids who were recruited D1 4 years ago would struggle to get recruited at the same level today. I am just surprised at the kids I see standing on the sidelines from many teams in the IAAM. These are super talented players I know well from years of club lacrosse. I know their work ethic and their skill level. I’m sure they are working just as hard at their high school practices too. Many times they are not from the right club in the coach’s eyes. And so many coaches aren’t accessing all of their talent because they have never had this much pressure to use their skills as a coach. I see so many coaches running a handful of middies into the ground while an efficient use of subbing could mean the difference between them losing the game or winning. Their middies get tired. Even the best conditioned players get tired playing an entire game at this level. A quick sub with a talented player won’t kill their chances of winning the game. Just thought there would be better coaches at this level.

[quote=Anonymous]I have to agree. I am not a McD parent but every kid I know that has trained or played for TC has said that she is not a nice person. I’m surprised at the lack of “positive coaching” I’ve seen throughout the entire IAAM with women’s lacrosse. There are some excellent role models like MG but there are many terrible ones too. A high school conference at this level nationally for women’s lacrosse that promotes their “Positive Coaching Alliance” should do a better job of training and holding the AD’s accountable for hiring better role models as coaches. I’ve seen so many coaches in this league play the same players every game while talented girls stand on the sidelines. Club Lacrosse politics get in the way of excellent high school coaching. High school HCs should be prevented from having recruiting director and HC positions in area club lacrosse programs. That would be a start. Too many coaches making decisions for their own benefit. TC should be prevented from making money on personal training while she is the McD HC. Parents fill her personal pocket in the hopes it will translate to a roster spot on McD’s team. Than they are surprised and disappointed when it doesn’t work out. TC cares about one person....TC. Not McD, not M&D, and definitely not your daughter. Sad to say there a few additional IAAM coaches that are the same as TC. The IAAM really needs to set some guidelines around this. It will only get worse as the sport grows and the number of clubs that compete for the same pool of talent.

The coaches want the best kids regardless of club. Those club ties help the schools bring in kids. MG used it the best. As for the comment about lots of talent standing on sideline , well that happens everywhere. Playing time is usually earned by what that coach sees at practice. Some are better than others for sure but the cry of politics is usually made by a parent of a player that’s not good enough. I’m willing to bet more than half the reason kids at these schools is lax only. Save the money , stay in public and play the whole time and great players will still get recruited thru club. My bet is a D1 player is ahead of your d3 daughter and you think she deserves more play time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While SPSG does have a pretty deep team, in the finals they only used 1 sub other than a girl that took a couple draws and came right off. For the most part when people talk about SPSG's depth it's scoring depth. As was said earlier in the thread, 7 girls scored for SPSG in the championship game. 4 seniors, a junior and 2 sophs. What made them difficult to defend is that you couldn't key on one or two girls. What MG did do was rest middies on attack and rotate that 1 middie sub through. In the regular season they won most of their games comfortably so they did run out a lot more subs in games.

Truth is you better get used to that. Watch any college team, not just UM. You don't see coaches running out a full second midfield typically. Girls lacrosse is completely different than boys in that respect. And the attack and defense rarely are subbed out at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes it does happen everywhere. Look at UM. And look where UM has been in the standings the past several years. It doesn’t work anymore. Too much talent out there now. The kids entering college in the 21 & 22 class started playing club in elementary school. There are more high level clubs out there now too. Look at how M&D has struggled in their brackets in the younger divisions. Even the 22 class is losing more games than previous M&D classes and not just to other high level MD clubs. More talent is being dispersed amongst more clubs, high schools and states. Maryland and Long Island no longer are the only talent pool for high level D1 lacrosse. That’s a great thing for the sport but the IAAM coaching (& UM for that matter) has not kept up with the fast acceleration of the talent pool. That is why you see more girls being recruited from areas like Georgia, Colorado and the west coast. And contrary to your belief I am not an SPSG parent and my daughter is not going D3 (not that there is anything wrong with that either). Any kid recruited to play college lacrosse should be proud of their accomplishment. Now more than ever. Most kids who were recruited D1 4 years ago would struggle to get recruited at the same level today. I am just surprised at the kids I see standing on the sidelines from many teams in the IAAM. These are super talented players I know well from years of club lacrosse. I know their work ethic and their skill level. I’m sure they are working just as hard at their high school practices too. Many times they are not from the right club in the coach’s eyes. And so many coaches aren’t accessing all of their talent because they have never had this much pressure to use their skills as a coach. I see so many coaches running a handful of middies into the ground while an efficient use of subbing could mean the difference between them losing the game or winning. Their middies get tired. Even the best conditioned players get tired playing an entire game at this level. A quick sub with a talented player won’t kill their chances of winning the game. Just thought there would be better coaches at this level.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]TC cares about one person....TC. Not McD, not M&D, and definitely not your daughter. .

that describes a textbook narcissist

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both. I’d say a majority of kids that have trained with her or played for her feel the same. She has her favorites and if if you aren’t one of them good luck.

Players at MCD will fall into 1 of 3 categories

Favorites will get attention & praise (3/4 players)
Fillers- players who are needed to field a full team 12 to 15. They are treated as mediocre with limited value.
Rejected - No playing time or coaching, ignored. Once a player falls into this category it is difficult to recover

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻
UM won the championship in 2019. they struggled the last 2 years because they graduated one of the most talented senior classes ever in 2019. they will need a few years to reloaded. the same thing will happen to UNC eventually. look at UM's incoming 2021 class...lots of talent there. their verbal 2022's are looking strong. if there is so much talent out there why are basically the same colleges in the top 10 year after year?
As for the talent on the sidelines on IAAM teams. if they are a junior or senior sitting on the sidelines then they do have the talent of the freshmen or sophomore that is playing. If a freshmen or sophomore is sitting on the sidelines then they don't have the experience needed yet to displace the junior or senior that is playing. the IAAM coaches are trying to win so they are putting the 12 best out there..same as the college coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻
UM won the championship in 2019. they struggled the last 2 years because they graduated one of the most talented senior classes ever in 2019. they will need a few years to reloaded. the same thing will happen to UNC eventually. look at UM's incoming 2021 class...lots of talent there. their verbal 2022's are looking strong. if there is so much talent out there why are basically the same colleges in the top 10 year after year?
As for the talent on the sidelines on IAAM teams. if they are a junior or senior sitting on the sidelines then they do have the talent of the freshmen or sophomore that is playing. If a freshmen or sophomore is sitting on the sidelines then they don't have the experience needed yet to displace the junior or senior that is playing. the IAAM coaches are trying to win so they are putting the 12 best out there..same as the college coaches.

Your point about club team records does not highlight that the talent within the Maryland club scene is very, very diluted. In the Baltimore area alone you have M&D, Skywalkers, Heros, TLC, etc. performing pretty well in summer tournaments despite the fact that they pull from the same pool of players. From what i can tell, club teams from Florida are just that, teams from Florida. Say what you want about UA and how they select kids, when the talent is localized to one team, they win against other regional teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Players at MCD will fall into 1 of 3 categories

Favorites will get attention & praise (3/4 players)
Fillers- players who are needed to field a full team 12 to 15. They are treated as mediocre with limited value.
Rejected - No playing time or coaching, ignored. Once a player falls into this category it is difficult to recover
IMO, if ANY player falls under "Category 3" - I'd be looking elsewhere and most certainly would NOT play for that kind of coach (& I truly hope that NO coach out there "ignores" their players)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"...the IAAM coaches are trying to win so they are putting the 12 best out there..same as the college coaches" If you believe there are no politics in who plays in the IAAM, you are sadly mistaken. There is more to IAAM Coaching than winning. Getting kids on the field who are legacy and parents who contribute to the school make a lot of headway for playing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
☝🏻

M&D struggles in the younger grades? Every team is in first or second place in the NGLL. I don’t call that struggling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"...the IAAM coaches are trying to win so they are putting the 12 best out there..same as the college coaches" If you believe there are no politics in who plays in the IAAM, you are sadly mistaken. There is more to IAAM Coaching than winning. Getting kids on the field who are legacy and parents who contribute to the school make a lot of headway for playing time.
Don’t buy it. My kid has been starting since freshmen year. She is not a legacy and we don’t contribute much $ to the school. She starts because she was/is better than the other players at her position. There is some political bs that goes on but it is not widespread as you make it out to be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t buy it. My kid has been starting since freshmen year. She is not a legacy and we don’t contribute much $ to the school. She starts because she was/is better than the other players at her position. There is some political bs that goes on but it is not widespread as you make it out to be.

Says the parent whose kid has been a starter since freshman year. Trust me, there is ALWAYS a story behind the scenes when a freshman starts beyond “because she was/is better”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the parent whose kid has been a starter since freshman year. Trust me, there is ALWAYS a story behind the scenes when a freshman starts beyond “because she was/is better”
No behind the scenes story. She worked and works hard in the off season and it payed off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's absurd. There are plenty of girls that start as freshman without some behind the scene story. Maybe it doesn't happen at NDP where there are 50 girls on the team, but most IAAM teams don't have that much depth. While the parents of the older girls may not like it and may try to say there is some "behind the scenes story", usually it just means the freshmen are better players. The coaches are trying to win and are going to put out the girls that give them the best chance to do that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No behind the scenes story. She worked and works hard in the off season and it payed off.
Very few freshman that start due so as "favor or political move". They are usually one of the top players in the class and have worked their butts off to earn the spot. The parents that are typically sour over this are ones that think because their kids have been in the system for 3 years deserve to start. At the end of the day if a 14y/o can carry the ball better then a junior or senior, the best person plays. It's not a knock on the upperclassman, they may have worked just as hard but at the end of the day the best players get the minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man, TC is getting a lot of heat after winning a championship in her 1st year as a HC and losing in the Champ game her 2nd season. There are a lot of people that would like to "struggle" like that. And even if they were CR's recruits, someone has to coach them. Looks like she did a pretty good job in doing that. And say what you want but TC wants to WIN. Has shown that as a player and coach. So I seriously doubt she puts politics in front of winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
👆🏼Sounds like UMD as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man, TC is getting a lot of heat after winning a championship in her 1st year as a HC and losing in the Champ game her 2nd season. There are a lot of people that would like to "struggle" like that. And even if they were CR's recruits, someone has to coach them. Looks like she did a pretty good job in doing that. And say what you want but TC wants to WIN. Has shown that as a player and coach. So I seriously doubt she puts politics in front of winning.

In her first year she was totally out coached twice by MG. Yes they won in double OT both times but that SPSG team was totally outmanned and still should have won both games. When CRs 2019s and 2020s left the cupboard is pretty bare. Most the mcd girls are totally overrated. They have the #3 2022 in the country that had one goal in 2 games against spsg. The offense is completely predictable and the defense can’t stop anyone even though they have two top rated 2022 defenders going to Duke and BC. The BC commit got benched the last few games of the season by the great coach TC and was blamed for losses. I guess she’s now in category 3 with TC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In her first year she was totally out coached twice by MG. Yes they won in double OT both times but that SPSG team was totally outmanned and still should have won both games. When CRs 2019s and 2020s left the cupboard is pretty bare. Most the mcd girls are totally overrated. They have the #3 2022 in the country that had one goal in 2 games against spsg. The offense is completely predictable and the defense can’t stop anyone even though they have two top rated 2022 defenders going to Duke and BC. The BC commit got benched the last few games of the season by the great coach TC and was blamed for losses. I guess she’s now in category 3 with TC.
1 player should never be blamed for a loss. It’s a TEAM. Win as a TEAM, lose as a TEAM. That’s exactly where McD misses it-they ARE NOT a TEAM. It’s sad to watch. & even sadder that it will continue next Spring. How will the TEAM be handled then? Have to wait & see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What school ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good lord.., enough with the coach bashing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not MCD, NDP or SPSG

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IAAM All Conference team for 2021. Nice to see girls recognize for their hard work.

https://www.iaamsports.com/2021_Lacrosse_All-Conference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1 player should never be blamed for a loss. It’s a TEAM. Win as a TEAM, lose as a TEAM. That’s exactly where McD misses it-they ARE NOT a TEAM. It’s sad to watch. & even sadder that it will continue next Spring. How will the TEAM be handled then? Have to wait & see.

We all know why that player’s is ranked so high and going to BC...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Offense won’t change until TE is gone. Then team play will return.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the good lacrosse players from Calvert going for HS. That group usually moves the needle if they all go to the same school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all know why that player’s is ranked so high and going to BC...
And why is that?

Like Reply Quote
Page 32 of 126 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard