BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 112 1 2 3 4 5 6 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else feel like the refs have been really awful in the NGLL so far? Inconsistent calls. We had one ref tell our team that time outs are not allowed at any point.

We've had other refs argue with each other over calls.

Moving picks, which is my knowledge has always been illegal, seem not to be getting called, one ref told us that as long as the girl isn't leaning shoulder first, she can do a moving pick? Seems crazy and dangerous.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
April 18 NGLL 2027 final :
M&D Black 9 Hero's Green 7

Hero's best still wasn't enough. But good game to them.
April 18 NGLL 2027 final :
M&D Black 9 Hero's Green 7

Hats off to Heros on their effort and keeping it mostly competitive yesterday. Knock our roster size if you want. But this weekend pretty much proved- we are stronger than most because we are deeper than most.

Ugh. Half your girls don’t play. It wasn’t your depth that won the game. You guys had a good game yesterday. We didn’t play all that great, so I would not say our best wasn’t good enough. All teams have off days.

Either way, it was a fun game to watch.

Boo Hoo. Our bench kids got in against you guys!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else feel like the refs have been really awful in the NGLL so far? Inconsistent calls. We had one ref tell our team that time outs are not allowed at any point.

Moving picks, which is my knowledge has always been illegal, seem not to be getting called, one ref told us that as long as the girl isn't leaning shoulder first, she can do a moving pick? Seems crazy and dangerous.

Moving picks are LEGAL, at least have been for quite a few years. This is explicitly stated in the rule book and they use examples.

This is not basketball; however, we have many basketball refs that have incorrectly called it.
- aRef for the last 10 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are on the heros team ? Funny how mommy and daddy care more about this stuff than the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I won't argue that refs can be a little rough, it's usually wise to know the rules yourself before calling out the officials for it. Moving picks have always been legal in girls lacrosse. Only blind side picks are illegal.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are on the heros team ? Funny how mommy and daddy care more about this stuff than the kids.

Who are you referring to? The M&D parent is the one making an butt of themselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I won't argue that refs can be a little rough, it's usually wise to know the rules yourself before calling out the officials for it. Moving picks have always been legal in girls lacrosse. Only blind side picks are illegal.

Kinda the point of why I asked. Guess I need to educate our coaches too.

Yes, refs have been bad, inconsistent, arguing with themselves. etc.

Anyone have a link to full rules used by NGLL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 3

NEMS 27 vs LBC 27
NEMS -5
LBC has held two straight teams under 6, although that won't happen against NEMS, I do expect a good showing.

MD United 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
MD United 27 -8
MDU needs to bounce back from a tough one goal loss to LBC, SW will gain experience needed this spring.

BLC Blue 27 vs Hero's White 27
BLC Blue -10
BLC is a very well rounded team and Hero's White is off to a slow start,

Coppermine 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Coppermine -9
Coppermine has a very favorable schedule and I expect them to reel off 5 straight wins, this being the 2nd.

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red -2
Big game for both clubs. I think this one will be tight. If the winner has more than 9 goals, I expect that Pride wins it.

Pride Red 27 vs LBC 27
Pride Red -3
Not only does Pride Red travel from NVA to Kent Island, but they must play an earlier game. Despite the favors for LBC, I think Pride comes out on top.

BLC Blue 27 vs Integrity 27
BLC -9
This may be a little high, as Integrity can control the draw in many cases. That being said, I think they have a tough time scoring and BLC runs a fast paced offense that can put up pts quick.

M&D Black 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green -5
Always a fun one, Hero's hasn't clicked just yet. This will be physical but I don't think Hero's let's up on the gas.

NEMS 27 vs LBC 27
NEMS -5
NEMS 27 8-6
LBC lost a tough one, but they keep improving, dark horse now in Red Division for that 2nd playoff spot.

MD United 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
MD United 27 -8
MD United 27 13-3
MD United got rolling, much needed win. Skywalkers won't worry about standings.

BLC Blue 27 vs Hero's White 27
BLC Blue -10
BLC Blue 27 17-4
Combine great goalie play with aggressive middies and you get this result

Coppermine 27 vs Skywalkers Blue 27
Coppermine -9
Result TBD

MD United 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red -2
Tie 8-8
" If the winner has more than 9 goals, I expect that Pride wins it" Lacrosse is a game of runs, evidently this game had several. Two evenly matched teams. 9 goals woulda won it.

Pride Red 27 vs LBC 27
Pride Red -3
LBC 9-4
LBC took advantage of Pride playing a tough game earlier in morning, but give LBC credit, they have size and skill on offense.

BLC Blue 27 vs Integrity 27
BLC -9
BLC Blue 27 11-2
BLC by 9, that was clear as day.

Hero's Green -5
M&D 9-7
I admit I did not see this one coming, M&D we know is talented. Things went their way and they pushed through. We will see this matchup again in the playoffs, bank on it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Hero's Green -5
M&D 9-7
I admit I did not see this one coming, M&D we know is talented. Things went their way and they pushed through. We will see this matchup again in the playoffs, bank on it.
Can't wait. it's gonna be on-trend. On these forums.

Last edited by JesLax1; .
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes the schedule? We are about 1/2 way through the season and BLC only 2 games left (played 6) . they have a break from 4/18 to 5/8 that is ridiculous in a season. That means they were either pushed to be tired for second games (i.e. lost to heros) or a intentional break to try to get them to loose their stride (or refresh). Coppermine and SW have played 2 games.

Lucky for them the payoffs are set.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who makes the schedule? We are about 1/2 way through the season and BLC only 2 games left (played 6) . they have a break from 4/18 to 5/8 that is ridiculous in a season. That means they were either pushed to be tired for second games (i.e. lost to heros) or a intentional break to try to get them to loose their stride (or refresh). Coppermine and SW have played 2 games.

Lucky for them the payoffs are set.

OR... maybe it is just a quirk in the scheduling of a league that has many divisions and many teams in a year where fields are not readily available due to COVID! Be grateful they are playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Scheduling is bad across the board.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 4

Hero's White 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red 27 -4

Pride has a lot of size, but Hero's White does too. I think Pride is a bit more polished on the offensive end and I think that is the difference here.

FCA 27 vs M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -9

M&D coming off a huge victory, I think they keep the great play going. FCA will have to play all 46 min for this game to stay single digits.

Coppermine 27 vs LBC 27
Coppermine -2

Coppermine kept it within 2 goals of NEMS (as did LBC) but Integrity kept it within 2 goals of Coppermine. This tells me these teams are not too far apart. I give the nod to Coppermine but LBC very well could win this by 2-3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the scheduling is horrendous across the league at all age divisions. Multiple games both days on the weekend then no games for 2 weeks etc. It's a poorly run league all around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the scheduling is horrendous across the league at all age divisions. Multiple games both days on the weekend then no games for 2 weeks etc. It's a poorly run league all around.
Hey, here’s a thought, maybe cut the league some slack this season and be grateful your daughters are getting one. NGLL has to work around every athletic program in the MD/DC/VA area who are attempting to squeeze fall sports into spring seasons along with spring sports also in play. Field space is a nightmare. Stop griping about it because I doubt your kid is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey, here’s a thought, maybe cut the league some slack this season and be grateful your daughters are getting one. NGLL has to work around every athletic program in the MD/DC/VA area who are attempting to squeeze fall sports into spring seasons along with spring sports also in play. Field space is a nightmare. Stop griping about it because I doubt your kid is.

Agreed, they get a pass for this season, typically its only nice turf fields at private schools. I suspect not spring it will be back to SPSG, Garrison Forest, etc. Doesn't help they deal with Spring Break right as season starts with many clubs requesting byes that weekend or late games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a thought, for what they charge to participate in the league, they should be better organized. It took 3 weeks for scores to finally be posted in a timely manner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's a thought, for what they charge to participate in the league, they should be better organized. It took 3 weeks for scores to finally be posted in a timely manner.

Exactly this - it would be one thing if this was year 1 or year 2. But it's not. They could do a much better job at scheduling based on club's home bases. However, they truly don't care as long as they get your money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A moving pick is a legal play in girls lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 4

Pride Red 27 -4

Pride has a lot of size, but Hero's White does too. I think Pride is a bit more polished on the offensive end and I think that is the difference here.

FCA 27 vs M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -9

M&D coming off a huge victory, I think they keep the great play going. FCA will have to play all 46 min for this game to stay single digits.

Coppermine 27 vs LBC 27
Coppermine -2

Coppermine kept it within 2 goals of NEMS (as did LBC) but Integrity kept it within 2 goals of Coppermine. This tells me these teams are not too far apart. I give the nod to Coppermine but LBC very well could win this by 2-3.

Pride Red 27 -4

White 10-9
What a time to get their first win. I was pretty sure Pride would win this one, but give White credit. 8am game for North VA kids in Springdale Prep didn't help their cause.

FCA 27 vs M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -9
M&D 15-2
Not a real shock here. M&D is on a roll after Hero's win.

Coppermine 27 vs LBC 27
Coppermine -2
Coppermine 12-3
Coppermine really took it to LBC, no one seems to be a real contender to prevent BLC and M&D from getting into the playoffs out of the Red division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playoffs are going to be interesting. I assume they will be:

NEMS v BLC

M&D vs Heros

I don't think BLC looses to NEMS
M&D beat Heros, BLC beat M&D but lost to Heros in a close one

The Championship is going to be exciting, but I think BLC is in at this point.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC will beat NEMS by 5+.
M&D will beat Heros again. We always get their best effort so it might come down to the last few possessions. Burt I still think we win.
BLC is kinda overrated. Most of their offense runs through one player. In the Championship, our defense should be able to shut her down and use its depth to win the other matchups. I think M&D wins it all by 2 or 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D will beat Heros again. We always get their best effort so it might come down to the last few possessions. Burt I still think we win.
BLC is kinda overrated. Most of their offense runs through one player. In the Championship, our defense should be able to shut her down and use its depth to win the other matchups. I think M&D wins it all by 2 or 3.

If Hero’s can not throw the ball away and make more of their shots, Hero’s will easily beat M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If Hero’s can not throw the ball away and make more of their shots, Hero’s will easily beat M&D.

Hero’s top to bottom is the better team. I don’t see them losing again.

BLC is strong too but not on Heros level.

It was really these four teams all along and it’s played out like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The season isn’t over yet FYI. You all are so full of yourselves and it’s your daughters that still have to play the games. Sit back and cheer them on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 5

FCA 27 Integrity 27
Integrity 27 -2
Very important game for both teams to build some positive vibes heading into summer tourneys.

NEMS 27 Pride Red 27
NEMS -5
I think Pride is much better than the record, I think they have had some 9am and 8am! games 90 min away is not helping their cause.

Integrity 27 Skywalkers Blue 27
Integrity -8
I think its back to back Integrity wins here

Coppermine 27 Hero's White 27
Coppermine 27 -5
Coppermine made a statement last week, I think they keep it going

Skywalkers Blue 27 Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green 27 -16
Play the seniors, as they say.

LBC 27 M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -11
M&D continues to roll.

LBC 27 FCA 27
LBC 27 -3
Does LBC get back on track here? FCA would make a statement with a win here.

MD United 27 Hero's White 27
MD United 27 -4
White can be as physical as any team, can MDU handle it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The season isn’t over yet FYI. You all are so full of yourselves and it’s your daughters that still have to play the games. Sit back and cheer them on.

Don’t worry. We cheer them on as they win

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 5

LBC 27 M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -11
M&D continues to roll.

No way M&D wins by 11 here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Get over yourself. Oh my God. Scores weren’t up in a timely manner for you and your panties are in a such a bunch. Maybe take them off so you are little less uptight. Do you scream out when you have stood in line too long at a store because they are understaffed because of a pandemic? TAKE A DEEP BREATH AND BE GLAD THEY ARE PLAYING!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, but good luck with that. Hero's has been turnover prone and shot poorly all year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 5

FCA 27 Integrity 27
Integrity 27 -2
Very important game for both teams to build some positive vibes heading into summer tourneys.

NEMS 27 Pride Red 27
NEMS -5
I think Pride is much better than the record, I think they have had some 9am and 8am! games 90 min away is not helping their cause.

Integrity -8
I think its back to back Integrity wins here

Coppermine 27 -5
Coppermine made a statement last week, I think they keep it going

Hero's Green 27 -16
Play the seniors, as they say.

LBC 27 M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -11
M&D continues to roll.

LBC 27 FCA 27
LBC 27 -3
Does LBC get back on track here? FCA would make a statement with a win here.

MD United 27 -4
White can be as physical as any team, can MDU handle it?

FCA 27 Integrity 27
Integrity 27 -2
Integrity 9-4 A little less of a game than I anticipated. Much needed win for Integrity.

NEMS 27 Pride Red 27
NEMS -5
NEMS 6-3 Played out as I thought though I did expect a little more scoring, Pride may end up with 1 win.

Integrity -8
Integrity 11-3 Nailed it. score won for the house.

Coppermine 27 -5
Coppermine 10-3 I expected a little more fight from White, but their size was a non factor against Coppermine it seems

Hero's Green 27 -16
Hero's Green 16-2 Honestly I thought Hero's would drop near 20 on them but maybe they did the right thing in the end.

LBC 27 M&D Black 27
M&D Black 27 -11
M&D Black 12-5 M&D didn't blow them out as I thought, LBC has some strong players that kept them in this.

LBC 27 FCA 27
LBC 27 -3
LBC 14-3 Obviously LBC shook off the earlier loss and made FCA pay for it. Nice bounce back.

MD United 27 -4
MD United 12-3 Game wasn't really in doubt, MDU offense got rolling and White couldn't stop it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Red Division looks to be locked with BLC and M&D. The Blue looks like NEMS is lock for the Playoffs as well. I would guess Hero’s is in the drivers seat as well but noticed that Coppermine is right behind them and play each other next week. Anyone familiar with either team and have any insight to whether Coppermine might upset Hero’s. Their last couple of games don’t seem that close. Either way it’s exciting to see two teams still playing for something while the other three spots seem locked up. All things considered it has been fun back on the sidelines cheering the girls on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Red Division looks to be locked with BLC and M&D. The Blue looks like NEMS is lock for the Playoffs as well. I would guess Hero’s is in the drivers seat as well but noticed that Coppermine is right behind them and play each other next week. Anyone familiar with either team and have any insight to whether Coppermine might upset Hero’s. Their last couple of games don’t seem that close. Either way it’s exciting to see two teams still playing for something while the other three spots seem locked up. All things considered it has been fun back on the sidelines cheering the girls on.

Coppermine will keep it close, but can't see them winning unless they win 75%+ draws. I'd guess a lower scoring 7-4 kinda game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine will keep it close, but can't see them winning unless they win 75%+ draws. I'd guess a lower scoring 7-4 kinda game.

Coppermine is playing better than I thought in 2021, they only beat Integrity by 2 while Hero's beat them 14-5 so I think 7 pt difference is fair.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NGLL Week 6

Integrity 27 vs Pride Red 27
Integrity 27 -3
Pride is in a bit of a free fall, I expect Integrity to come out pumped after two straight wins

BLC 27 vs MD United 27
BLC 27 -7
BLC has a 1/3 chance of winning it all I would say, and they want the division.

Coppermine Black 27 vs FCA Blue 27
Coppermine Black 27 -13
FCA season high goals is 5, and Coppermine will hit double digits for a third straight game.

NEMS 27 vs Hero's Green 27
Hero's Green 27 -7
My gut tells me Hero's makes a statement in this critical game for 1st place.

M&D Black 27 vs MD United 27
M&D Black 27 -8
M&D is hitting their stride and they won't call off the dogs.

Skywalkers Blue 27 vs Pride Red 27
Pride Red 27 -9
Pride needs this game to get back on the right track and get some positivity back

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Who did BLC beat in the fall? To me, they’ve been a very good team since 2019 NGLL.

no real differentiation between 5 and 8 in my mind. I actually think outside of Heros this year as a general rule is well behind where comparable teams were the last 3 years. not sure if it is covid or just a down year in general

I've noticed the same. I think last year's 6th graders was a significantly better class. In fact some clubs like Coppermine can't even fill a B team at this level.

I think this is proving to be false. Both NEMS and BLC 27s are at the top of any teams in that club. Hero's and M&D are as good as anyone.

I guess summer tournaments against non MD teams will really reveal where the 2027 teams stand but I would expect them to more than hold their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS has had a super easy schedule. No hard teams so far. I expect Heros to be them and take first in the division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed NEMS avoiding BLC and M&D was very lucky for them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC, M&D, and Hero's are all another level above everyone else including NEMS. Give credit to NEMS for likely filling that fourth spot, but they will get rolled easily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC, M&D, and Hero's are all another level above everyone else including NEMS. Give credit to NEMS for likely filling that fourth spot, but they will get rolled easily.

Most definitely a gap, same as it was in 4th grade.

Page 4 of 112 1 2 3 4 5 6 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard