BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 45 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Inside Lacrosse Poll for this week...I am starting to think the Big 10 Womens lacrosse is as overrated as their men's basketball counterparts. Except for Michigna in Men's hoops the others were seemigly overrated as they beat each other up during the regular season. Except for Northwestern in the womens lacrosse are the Big 10's really good?? Maryland at 5-2 as number 9? They will more than likely be 5-3 after this afternoon. Michigan and Penn State at 14 & 15 respectively, both with 3-4 records. Then you have Ohio State at 19 with a 2-7 record.

In normal years a teams record is not necessarily an indication of how a team stacks up in women’s lacrosse. There is such a wide spread of the top and bottom and everyone in between that you can’t use a teams record to judge them. This year it’s even worse. In most years Northwestern and Maryland are Top 10 even Top 5, Penn State is Top 20 just about every year, Hopkins is always competitive and in the Top 20 or (others receiving votes) from time to time and Michigan has improved in recent years. The Big Ten is a very competitive conference. The top 3 or 4 teams in any given year are generally legit.

Obviously Northwestern the best in the Big 10 this year, all others are competitive with each other and look very good. Teams are athletic and very solid, it's a shame they can not play outside competition. We will have to wait and see what happens in the NCAA Tournament. As far as Big Men's Basketball goes... I think maybe 8 teams made the tournament, some were upset by lower seeded teams and some upset higher seeded teams... not really a good comparison with women's lacrosse .

So.. the big 10 teams all play each other and are competitive with each other excluding NU. Got that. So what makes you say they are all good. Maybe they are competitive with each other is that they are not very good. You seemed to argue both sides saying they don’t play out of conference but they must be good???

I would agree that the Big Ten teams all look pretty good. Traditionally The Big Ten is the number 2 conference in terms of depth. Maryland, Northwestern, Penn State and Hopkins all excellent programs and would be considered by most to Top 20 Programs (Maryland & Northwestern Top 10 Programs) Ohio State and Rutgers have had some competitive teams as well.
Looking back as far as 2010 Penn State finished in the Top 20 in 9 out of the 10 years. In four of those year PSU finished in the Top 10 ( three years in Top 5) and they went to the Final Four twice in that time period. I don’t think anyone needs a history lesson on Maryland or Northwestern... Hopkins finished the season in the Top 20 five times in that time period plus 3 Top 25 finishes so they were considered Top 25 in 8 of the past 10 full seasons of play.... 2010 - 2019.
Do you really believe that all of these programs have just fallen apart and that they are no longer competitive with the rest of the women’s DI lacrosse teams? No, I would say they are all competitive all might be Top 20. The Big 10 hurt themselves by not allowing their teams to compete outside of the conference.

These are great details but going back 11 years is too far back. I agree the Big Ten is a very good conference but you can agrue that if we go back to 2017 when most of this years true seniors came into their programs you would see not so great statistics. Johns Hopkins is 2-4 right now in an only Big ten schedule. In the Covid shortened season they were 4-3 with a loss to Hofstra. In 2019 they were 10-8 with 3 of those losses to non Big Ten teams. In 2018 they were 10-9 with 4 of those losses to non Big Ten teams. So in more recent times they are an OK team.

Penn State is 3-5 right now in 2021 Big Ten only schedule. In the Covid shortened 2020 season they were 5-2 with both losses to non Big Ten teams. In 2019 they were 8-9 with 5 losses to non Big Ten teams. In 2018 they were 10-10 with 5 losses to non Big Ten teams. 2017 they were very good at 17-4 and made the final four. Again, they are a good team but have struggled the pas few years as has Hopkins.

I am not sayng they all fell apart but I also do not understand how teams like Rutgers and Ohio State became such formidable opponents in a year. Not playing outside your conference hurst like you said. Ohio State is 2-7 and is 19th in the Country? In the stats above almost half of all the losses over the years were to non Big Ten teams. The point of my original post was really to spell out the fact that it is hard to judge a teams true nationa standings when they only play in conference games...I in no way meant to disparage the teams or their conference.

You can not judge DI women’s lacrosse by looking at a teams record, there is simply too much disparity among teams.

You say to look at 2017... OK,

In 2017 Maryland finished the Won The National Championship and obviously finished the year Ranked # 1. Penn State finished the year ranked # 3. Northwestern finished # 13.

Hopkins finished the year 11 - 7 and was not in the final Top 20. 4 of their losses were to Top 4 teams ( 2x to #1 Maryland. 1x to #3 PSU and 1x to #4 Stony Brook) they lost to #12 Penn and also to #13 Northwestern in OT Their sole loss to team not ranked in the Top 20 was to Towson who is listed as “others receiving votes”.

To try and say they were not competitive and arguably top 20 caliber is laughable.

It’s easy to have a good record if you don’t play any top teams...
Swap out the 4 game Hopkins played Vs Top 4 teams and the could have a record of 15 - 3 and probably be ranked in the Top 20.

Can’t judge by a teams record in this sport.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who said Hopkins was not competitive?? I said they were OK in those rcent years. In 2017 I would expect them to lose to #1, #3, and #4. But, they lost to #12, #13 and a HM. I do not think they beat anyone that year in the Top 20 so as far as I am concerned they were not a Top 20 caliber team that year. They were good but not good enough for Top 20 in 2017.

Like you said we will find out at the end of the year. We know Northwestern should be there...but will anyone else from the Big Ten be there as well. In Men's hoops we found out that one team was strong enough and the others were not. I was not comparing sports rather the Covid schedule strategy of only playing in conference games. Good luck to all Big Ten teams...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting but confusing. Can’t use a teams record to do rankings. So since teams are mostly playing within conference so we should just try to determine which conferences are best and anoint the teams within those conferences as the best and therefore worthy of NCAA bids. Sorry, I am leaning towards Big 10 not being that good. ACC... yes very good conference so Va Tech is in??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting but confusing. Can’t use a teams record to do rankings. So since teams are mostly playing within conference so we should just try to determine which conferences are best and anoint the teams within those conferences as the best and therefore worthy of NCAA bids. Sorry, I am leaning towards Big 10 not being that good. ACC... yes very good conference so Va Tech is in??

So, because they beat each other and some might not have a favorable record you would assume they are not good. I agree with the point that record is not an indication Wins and Losses is not an accurate way to jerks or rank a team. Theoretically a team could be 0 - 10 with all 10 losses to Top 10 teams. Another team could be 10 - 0 with no games played against Top 20 teams.

Since Hopkins has been discussed I looked at their 2018 season:

Hopkins was 10 - 9 Overall.

Beat # 11 Loyola
Lost # 10 Penn by 1 goal
Lost # 22 Georgetown by 1 goal
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 18 Penn State in OT
Lost # 8 Northwestern by 1 goal
Lost # 5 Stony Brook
Lost # 9 Towson by 1 goal
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 6 Navy

10 games Vs Top 20 teams 6 Vs Top 10 and 3 Vs Top 5 teams...

Five 1 goal losses to Top 20 Teams... 3 of those 1 goal losses to Top 10 Teams...

The Big 10 is brutal, not as bad as the ACC but still very competitive.

Do you really think that all of the teams just all of the sudden became non-competitive? More likely that Michigan, Ohio State and Rutgers are stronger than usual.

Look no further than a program like Stony Brook to see the advantage that you get by having a mediocre schedule. They alway have a great record and get ranked overly high in the polls and when the NCAA Tournament rolls around they lose to a team that plays a much more difficult schedule and in some cases has a worse record (I did not check the records off the teams they lost to) The point is a teams record can not be used because the strength of schedule varies greatly from team to team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, Virginia Tech has not demonstrated that they are competitive.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, because they beat each other and some might not have a favorable record you would assume they are not good. I agree with the point that record is not an indication Wins and Losses is not an accurate way to jerks or rank a team. Theoretically a team could be 0 - 10 with all 10 losses to Top 10 teams. Another team could be 10 - 0 with no games played against Top 20 teams.

Beat # 11 Loyola
Lost # 10 Penn by 1 goal
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 5 Stony Brook
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 6 Navy

Five 1 goal losses to Top 20 Teams... 3 of those 1 goal losses to Top 10 Teams...

Do you really think that all of the teams just all of the sudden became non-competitive? More likely that Michigan, Ohio State and Rutgers are stronger than usual.

Look no further than a program like Stony Brook to see the advantage that you get by having a mediocre schedule. They alway have a great record and get ranked overly high in the polls and when the NCAA Tournament rolls around they lose to a team that plays a much more difficult schedule and in some cases has a worse record (I did not check the records off the teams they lost to) The point is a teams record can not be used because the strength of schedule varies greatly from team to team.

Just looking at 2018. Comparing Maryland and Stony Brook schedules:

Maryland played 13 Top 20 Teams.

Stony Brook played 7 Top 20 Teams.

I didn’t bother to look at top 5 or top 10.

Maryland’s schedule was basically twice (if not more) as difficult as Stony Brooks.

Teams that play a difficult schedule should not be compared to teams that do not play a difficult by looking at the teams record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Beat # 11 Loyola
Lost # 10 Penn by 1 goal
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 5 Stony Brook
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 6 Navy

Maryland’s schedule was basically twice (if not more) as difficult as Stony Brooks.

Teams that play a difficult schedule should not be compared to teams that do not play a difficult by looking at the teams record.

Beat # 11 Loyola
Lost # 10 Penn by 1 goal
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 5 Stony Brook
Lost # 3 Maryland
Lost # 6 Navy

Valid point for Maryland, however Hopkins has lost to Stony Brook in 2017, 2018, and 2019 the last three full seasons played

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But doesn’t Va Tech play in the “most competitive” conference and theoretically play the schedule with the most top 20 teams. Point is your record is your record. Own it. Win your conference and go to NCAA tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But doesn’t Va Tech play in the “most competitive” conference and theoretically play the schedule with the most top 20 teams. Point is your record is your record. Own it. Win your conference and go to NCAA tournament.

Yeah, OK. Get a clue. If Virginia Tech were losing close games or splitting games Vs the Top Teams most would agree that they should be given consideration over teams with better records that play few or no games vs top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, OK. Get a clue. If Virginia Tech were losing close games or splitting games Vs the Top Teams most would agree that they should be given consideration over teams with better records that play few or no games vs top teams.

Problem is they lost to Daivdson. Jacksonville loss not a bad loss since Jacksonville is currently #14. Also, weak out of conference wins this year. They do not deserve to be in any consideration at this time

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournament selection should be interesting. Very difficult to judge teams this year. With The Ivy's sitting out and The Big Ten only competing in-conference we are missing a lot of crossover / non conference game with some of the most competitive programs. We are missing about 30 - 35% (6 or 7) teams that finish the season ranked in the Top 20 every year. Those programs traditionally play very competitive out of conference schedules and that helps us gain perspective as to how teams compare to each other.

Below is how many Top 20 teams Ivy and Big had each year.

Big - 5
Ivy - 2

Big - 4
Ivy - 3

Big - 3
Ivy - 3

Big - 3 and Hopkins ranked 21
Ivy - 2 and Dartmouth ranked 23

Big - 3 and Hopkins ranked 22
Ivy - 3

No reason to think that The Big 10 would not have 3 or 4 Top 20 - 25 Teams this year. From what I have seen the majority of big ten games have been very competitive. In the end we will see teams at .500 or below that are probably Top 20 caliber but will most likely not be ranked. The question is what will the selection committee do with .500 Big Ten teams? I'm guessing they will get in. I believe teams with a below .500 average are not eligible for the Tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the saying is "let sleeping dogs lie"...But I had to bring it back up... 5th year players and Graduate Transfers.... I really don't have a problem with it but I happened to watch the Duke vs North Carolina Men's game and I was blow away when I heard the announcer say that Duke had 15 Graduate Students on the roster... Yes, 15. I had to check and yes he was accurate.... I realize many teams probably have a handful but 15 just seemed a little crazy... one of them might win the Tewaaraton Award if Duke wins the National Championship. Believe it or not some Freshmen actually starting....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe the saying is "let sleeping dogs lie"...But I had to bring it back up... 5th year players and Graduate Transfers.... I really don't have a problem with it but I happened to watch the Duke vs North Carolina Men's game and I was blow away when I heard the announcer say that Duke had 15 Graduate Students on the roster... Yes, 15. I had to check and yes he was accurate.... I realize many teams probably have a handful but 15 just seemed a little crazy... one of them might win the Tewaaraton Award if Duke wins the National Championship. Believe it or not some Freshmen actually starting....

Obviously Dad/mom are willing to pay the full freight to let Jr chase a Natty. Just like Syracuse wlax have 10 this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously Dad/mom are willing to pay the full freight to let Jr chase a Natty. Just like Syracuse wlax have 10 this year.
What’s makes you think mom or dad are paying a dime ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As usual on here there is a certain jealousy / bitterness / resentment factor.... If people can afford it good for them, if certain schools can keep or bring in 5th year or grad students, good for them (although 15 seems a bit crazy to me)... One thing I have never understood is why people care how others choose to spend their money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone else noticed that every year they take a west coast team and build them up in the rankings when they obviously don’t belong . This year it will be Stanford who literally play no good teams for a whole season . Got to watch their last game , good to see they had starters in up by 13 or so and still had them scoring with under a minute to play . They may not win a game in the ACC or big ten but lets promote them like a top team . Can’t we finally admit that the game has not reached the West Coast yet .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone else noticed that every year they take a west coast team and build them up in the rankings when they obviously don’t belong . This year it will be Stanford who literally play no good teams for a whole season . Got to watch their last game , good to see they had starters in up by 13 or so and still had them scoring with under a minute to play . They may not win a game in the ACC or big ten but lets promote them like a top team . Can’t we finally admit that the game has not reached the West Coast yet .

Why attack the west coast? Stanford and USC have had competitive teams, Colorado has been competitive and Arizona State is on the rise... Please tell us how many good teams Florida, Stony Brook, Loyola etc will play this year ? BTW, some on this site actually believe the The Big Ten is weak..
Hunter is innocent and China is a friend to the US.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why attack the west coast? Stanford and USC have had competitive teams, Colorado has been competitive and Arizona State is on the rise... Please tell us how many good teams Florida, Stony Brook, Loyola etc will play this year ? BTW, some on this site actually believe the The Big Ten is weak..

Bringing SBU into this just shows how you are uninformed . They have played the two best teams in the country and destroyed one of the “best” teams Stanford will play holding them to 3 goals . Again every year they try to promote some over rated west coast team , it was USC for awhile now it’s Stanford’s turn to be over hyped . Stanford would lose to all the teams you mentioned and all the big ten teams .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean, someone has to pay for it, no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bringing SBU into this just shows how you are uninformed . They have played the two best teams in the country and destroyed one of the “best” teams Stanford will play holding them to 3 goals . Again every year they try to promote some over rated west coast team , it was USC for awhile now it’s Stanford’s turn to be over hyped . Stanford would lose to all the teams you mentioned and all the big ten teams .

The most overrated, overhyped program in the history of women’s lacrosse is Stony Brook. Yes, they played two of the best teams this year and were blown out by both. The play a relatively weak schedule every year and have actually done nothing to justify their lofty rankings. Good program, good players, good coach but overall way overhyped.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The most overrated, overhyped program in the history of women’s lacrosse is Stony Brook. Yes, they played two of the best teams this year and were blown out by both. The play a relatively weak schedule every year and have actually done nothing to justify their lofty rankings. Good program, good players, good coach but overall way overhyped.

And I guess the Pac-12 teams play a tough schedule. Geez. SBU will beat every Pac-12 team and the SBU subs will get playing time in those games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuse/ UNC was a eye opener. Also in the respect to who the real superstars are for UNC are, and more importantly who they aren’t!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And I guess the Pac-12 teams play a tough schedule. Geez. SBU will beat every Pac-12 team and the SBU subs will get playing time in those games.

Who cares if they can beat PAC 12 teams? As the post said, Stony Brook is the most overrated, overhyped program in the history of women’s lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares if they can beat PAC 12 teams? As the post said, Stony Brook is the most overrated, overhyped program in the history of women’s lacrosse.

Oh boy......did you not read the starting quote of the thread. I will recap for you since you obviously didnt.....Western teams overhyped....the counter argument...No SBU most over-rated in wlax history....Soooo western teams overhyped vs SBU overhyped.....interesting question.....SBU will easily beat western teams....Therefore it appears the Western teams are most overhyped. Now go and watch some Perry Mason re-runs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuse/ UNC was a eye opener. Also in the respect to who the real superstars are for UNC are, and more importantly who they aren’t!

You need to get a life . A great team wins convincingly and you feel the need to try and knock down a young women and honestly no one knows who you are speaking about as that whole team played well .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Defense / Athleticism on the defense and through the middle of the field / Goalie = National Championship.

Yes, you have to score goals but having a high powered offense will not hep you win if you are lacking in the other areas.

As the sayings go, pitching beats hitting and defense wins championships.

Teams with the athletes and courage to play Man to man should be applauded! Toughest thing to do in women’s lacrosse is be put on an island out in space and be asked to defend 1 v 1. (Goalie have it tough as well 😃).

Carolina offense is fantastic but they would win if it were only average. They would Not win with the same offense if they were average on the back end or through the middle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Has anyone else noticed that every year they take a west coast team and build them up in the rankings when they obviously don’t belong . This year it will be Stanford who literally play no good teams for a whole season . Got to watch their last game , good to see they had starters in up by 13 or so and still had them scoring with under a minute to play . They may not win a game in the ACC or big ten but lets promote them like a top team . Can’t we finally admit that the game has not reached the West Coast yet .

Oh boy......did you not read the starting quote of the thread. I will recap for you since you obviously didnt.....Western teams overhyped....the counter argument...No SBU most over-rated in wlax history....Soooo western teams overhyped vs SBU overhyped.....interesting question.....SBU will easily beat western teams....Therefore it appears the Western teams are most overhyped. Now go and watch some Perry Mason re-runs

The original post came out of the blue and attacked the west coast teams as a whole claiming they are overhyped in the rankings every year. It was then pointed out that Stony Brook has been the most overrated / overhyped team in the history (many years...) in all of women’s lacrosse. It was not argued that this particular year Stony Brook not beat the west coast teams. The point was simple, Stony Brook has been the most overrated / overhyped program of all.

The funny thing is that stony Brook is notorious for doing exactly what you say Stanford is doing which is running up the score on week teams and padding stats.

I’m not sure why the assessment upset you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You need to get a life . A great team wins convincingly and you feel the need to try and knock down a young women and honestly no one knows who you are speaking about as that whole team played well .

Why so angry? Just an observation about lax on a lax forum. Certain girls have clearly separated themselves from the pack over the last few games. Great team win and that JO is on a different level!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why so angry? Just an observation about lax on a lax forum. Certain girls have clearly separated themselves from the pack over the last few games. Great team win and that JO is on a different level!

Yes angry that some obviously jealous dad states that the most important part of a game between the two best teams in country was that it revealed who the real superstars aren’t . You obviously have an ax to grind with some player and yet are too cowardly to actually name them . You should speak your mind to the father of the player you feel is so overrated .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse needs to drop out of the top 5. Northwestern is the clear #2 and might be number one. NW has the best player in the country, UNC has the next 2. Big drop off after that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will everyone start focusing more on the Carolina defense. On average they hold teams to only about 6 goals per game (with a shot clock where there are more possessions per game). It is nearly impossible to lose when you completely dominate games defensively and at least play even on the draw. You could take away their best offensive player and they would still be undefeated and favorites to win it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When will everyone start focusing more on the Carolina defense. On average they hold teams to only about 6 goals per game (with a shot clock where there are more possessions per game). It is nearly impossible to lose when you completely dominate games defensively and at least play even on the draw. You could take away their best offensive player and they would still be undefeated and favorites to win it all.

UNC attack is fantastic maybe the best out there. But you are correct, it is their Goalie, Defense and Midfielders that sets them apart. This is nothing new, scoring goals will always garner the attention but it is team defense that wins championships. North Carolina could win the National Championship this year with an average attack and their attack is far from average, they might be the best unit out there.

To answer your question... “When will everyone start focusing on the Carolina Defense?”... The answer is “Never”... most lacrosse parents can only recognize goals, have very little understanding of the game and will never be able to recognize, quantify the value of any player not scoring goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse needs to drop out of the top 5. Northwestern is the clear #2 and might be number one. NW has the best player in the country, UNC has the next 2. Big drop off after that.
NU plays in a pretty tame conference. Not like ACC
Scane can score goals but does she do anything else? Does she make players around her better. Thats what makes you #1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scane can score goals but does she do anything else? Does she make players around her better. Thats what makes you #1

Same seems to be true of the top UNC point leaders. All these girls will be Tewaaraton finalists

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, OK...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is one formula to beating UNC.

You have to play Man to Man defense. The teams that have done this have had good success. Duke, UF and BC were close games at half. Don’t get me wrong the this final score were different stories but the over strategy of Man to Man hard pressure on ball worked especially for UF. KH and JO have a unique chemistry on field. So you at least need to take one away. They don’t beat you 1v1 very often to be honest. It is quick off ball cutting and passing. Secondly the goalie has to have a big game-15 to 18 saves. Lastly, you need UNC to have soon offensive sets where they simply don’t take care of the ball, and have unforced turnovers .

But as mentioned above you have to score 10-12 goals to win. That has been nearly impossible against UNC. If there is a little break down on the 1v1 D TM has been excellent all year at making that save. Otherwise most shots are being highly contested. UNC doesn’t slide fast. They trust the one v one match up which last year in NW almost cost them the game.

As you can see it takes almost a perfect effort by an opponent as nothing can breakdown, and a lot has to go right for the team game plan.

But you won’t win playing a zone against them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, OK...
Ok so if its all about scoring goals why didn't Olhmiller win? Or why didn't Murphy make final 5?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, OK...
Ok so if its all about scoring goals why didn't Olhmiller win? Or why didn't Murphy make final 5?

Because you have to perform consistently while playing a tough schedule, while also playing for a Top Team... Final Four / National Championship Caliber Team. 17 of the 19 Winners played for ACC or Big 10 Teams (current conference alignment). One player from Georgetown and One from Princeton.

Sorry but if the player is not competing against tough teams the numbers are discounted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, OK...

Well Ohlmiller should have won her Junior year.. was more of a force then stukenberg.. but the committee went with the Maryland kid as is their norm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Izzy Scane or Jamie Ortega get it. Nobody else close

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 45 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 44 45
Quick Reply