BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Re: True Annapolis
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True is a money grab . Why train,,Take money and play

I've been around lacrosse the past 20 years, ALL clubs are a money grab. parents are pay $2000 and up for club when they used to pay about $100 for rec. True is no more of a money grab then any other club, please enlighten everyone as to what club isn't overly priced

True is charging the same or higher amounts as elite clubs in the area (hawks, 91, crabs,..) with lots of hype. The coaches they have are not as experienced and the results speak for themselves. Other clubs charge a lot less and get better results in B/C/D divisions. Personally I had hope when they came that we had a real competition to the hawks. Clearly that's not been the case.

True can compete with Hawks and did so in the fall. Pretty sure it was a one goal game. The gap has closed on Hawks[/quote]

Elaborate on this. Which True team and what was the score?[/quote]

Yes, please. Ture Annapolis and the Hawks have never played. Whatever version on True the Hawks played in the fall, it was not a 1 goal game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, based upon this banter, there is club rivalry between True Annapolis and Hawks. Instead of arguing on this web site why don’t the coaches simply schedule a play date next weekend or the weekend after and let the kids play? Win or loose it will be fun for the kids and put an end to this senseless back and forth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, based upon this banter, there is club rivalry between True Annapolis and Hawks. Instead of arguing on this web site why don’t the coaches simply schedule a play date next weekend or the weekend after and let the kids play? Win or loose it will be fun for the kids and put an end to this senseless back and forth.

Rivalry's have equal competitiveness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly each team thinks they are better then the other based upon the chest puffing on this blog so it takes real arrogance to speak of equal competitiveness. PLAY THE GAME and let the result speak for itself!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly each team thinks they are better then the other based upon the chest puffing on this blog so it takes real arrogance to speak of equal competitiveness. PLAY THE GAME and let the result speak for itself!

But not really. No one thinks that

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A bunch of chicken hawks puffing their chest and running off at the mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What years are we talking about? This thread has become ridiculous. It must be the children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True is a money grab . Why train,,Take money and play

I've been around lacrosse the past 20 years, ALL clubs are a money grab. parents are pay $2000 and up for club when they used to pay about $100 for rec. True is no more of a money grab then any other club, please enlighten everyone as to what club isn't overly priced

True is charging the same or higher amounts as elite clubs in the area (hawks, 91, crabs,..) with lots of hype. The coaches they have are not as experienced and the results speak for themselves. Other clubs charge a lot less and get better results in B/C/D divisions. Personally I had hope when they came that we had a real competition to the hawks. Clearly that's not been the case.

True can compete with Hawks and did so in the fall. Pretty sure it was a one goal game. The gap has closed on Hawks[/quote]

Elaborate on this. Which True team and what was the score?[/quote]

??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish it were the children, but it is a small group of Hawks Dads who embarrass the program on this board and on the sidelines. The majority of Hawks families are class acts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were the numbers at True VA today or was it even held due to field conditions?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wish it were the children, but it is a small group of Hawks Dads who embarrass the program on this board and on the sidelines. The majority of Hawks families are class acts.

Plenty of them must have been at the 2025 Box event. Stop beating the same drum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than a few parents, it’s a club wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. They chicken hawk up and down the side line giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than a few parents, it’s a club wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. They chicken hawk up and down the side line giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.

Not sure what club you are affiliated with, but go to any tournament, anywhere, at any level. You will find parents like that on every sideline. Not saying it is right, but you are blind if you don't think it is a problem throughout the sport, heck, all sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems to be one person who makes this statement over and over and over. Sounds like a jilted lover.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that there is truth on both sides of the debate - yes, the program has a culture of permitting low rent sideline behavior on all its teams, but in fairness, the 2026 team has a couple of Dads who are exceptional in this regard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that there is truth on both sides of the debate - yes, the program has a culture of permitting low rent sideline behavior on all its teams, but in fairness, the 2026 team has a couple of Dads who are exceptional in this regard.

100% true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true.

It is now the identity of the club. Loud obnoxious trash

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true.

Stop talking to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what club you are affiliated with, but go to any tournament, anywhere, at any level. You will find parents like that on every sideline. Not saying it is right, but you are blind if you don't think it is a problem throughout the sport, heck, all sports.

Absolutely the truest statement on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than a few parents, it’s a club-wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. The chicken hawk up and down the sideline giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.

Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: use of profanity, not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More than a few parents, it’s a club-wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. The chicken hawk up and down the sideline giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.

Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.

Lol, profanity.....I said mess

Last edited by JesLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[More than a few parents, it’s a club-wide issue. Multiple Hawks teams have parents who act like 6th graders. The chicken hawk up and down the sideline giving their kid garbage then yelling at kids on the other team. This has been going on from the 2019 teams through 2024, it’s accepted behavior by the club.[/quote]

Not sure what club you are affiliated with, but go to any tournament, anywhere, at any level. You will find parents like that on every sideline. Not saying it is right, but you are blind if you don't think it is a problem throughout the sport, heck, all sports.[/quote]

Absolutely the truest statement on this board.[/quote]

Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.[/quote]

Lol, profanity.....I said mess[/quote]

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.[/quote]

It sounds like one parent missed the boat to the Hawks and is still holding on to a grudge. Reading this thread makes True look as ridiculous as the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. I went to watch my niece play lacrosse, 8th grade in the Annapolis area as well. It was comical and embarrassing at the same time to listen to the comments coming from both sets of parents, grandparents, and, my family included. I think we just are caught up in the game when our child is playing and don't realize what is being said by parents on our team, parents on the opposing team, as well as what comes out of our mouths. More importantly, how it is being taken by the other side.[/quote]

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.[/quote]

Cheerleaders are athletes too.

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.[/quote]

Not only that, but parents naturally changing spots to be closer to their kid puts opposing parents right next to one another.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.[/quote]

Add crazy wrestling parents to the mix 'cause they are right up there with the worst. I guess it just shows that the one consistent thing that never fails to screws up youth sports is adults.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% true.

Stop talking to yourself.

I was referring to your wife.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cheerleading isn't a sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

cheerleading isn't a sport.[/quote]

cheerleading isn't a sport.[/quote]
I’m not the OP- So says the old dude posting on the middle school sports forum.

Love to see you attempt half the garbage those kids do.

😂

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The football and basketball games that my son plays in are FAR worse than lacrosse. It is the entitlement from lacrosse parents that gets to everyone. My daughter is a cheerleader (sorry, I tried) and you wouldn't even want to know what is said at those events. The crazy RN dads from the Dena and Calvert County wearing pink Cheerdad shirts are both comical and scary. To single out the Hawks organization in the midst of all of the bad behavior from stunad parents is ridiculous and clearly rooted in jealousy. Let the bashing begin from the Hawks trolls and haters. I am not and have never been a Hawks dad but if we lived closer, my son would definitely be trying out. My guess is if your kids were more talented, they would be too.

I think the uniqueness of lacrosse parents all being on the same sidelines adds to the mix at lacrosse games.

cheerleading isn't a sport.

Lets see you do a transitional pyramid with a twisting mount while in a herkie then hitting a perfect shushunova landing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much did 2027 True teams to be in a tournament to play itself and get rocked by FCA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 True Annapolis beats 2025 True Baltimore this weekend in DE.
Oddly, in HoCo, the Baltimore team is in the A division, Annapolis in the B.

Annapolis sandbagging for the Spring to get that 'Ship.

lolz

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How much did 2027 True teams to be in a tournament to play itself and get rocked by FCA?

Stop drunk typing, read what you typed before sending it, drunk lost

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lolz

Or, since True is a newer club they don’t fully know yet where they belong. Also, winter sports are still going on, so the multi sport athletes may have been with their in season sport instead of lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

lolz

True on True crime has been committed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not PP. My kid brought up "Hawk parents" when we were talking about bad sideline behavior. And his team hasn't played the Hawks but has seen games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not PP. My kid brought up "Hawk parents" when we were talking about bad sideline behavior. And his team hasn't played the Hawks but has seen games.

Kids don’t care about the sideline. They repeat what the parents say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kids watch and tell the truth. I've never watched or noticed a Hawks game so it so it doesn't come from his parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like True Annapolis 2025 had a good game against True Illinois last Saturday.. looks like it may have been a scrimmage...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBoCcqWj9BA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
aren't there enough True teams to be their own hoco now?

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard