BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean for the kids that are not on those four clubs and dad isn't the coach?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
For the most part, your son must play for Igloo, Express or 91....Most of these players have yet to play a HS game... Its similar to the so called tryouts for Warrior games. I agree with a lot of the players on the list, but some are only on there because of club affiliation. Looking forward to seeing these kids play in the Spring

S2S as well. 35 of the 50 are spot on but even then, the order is messed up, they shouldn’t have tried to rank them. Funny thing is if you’ve got a kid on one of those four clubs and he’s not on this list, now you know exactly where your son stands in the director’s eyes. Also, it’s impressive how great all the coach’s kids are.

Yes, but who is it that makes up the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the most part, your son must play for Igloo, Express or 91....Most of these players have yet to play a HS game... Its similar to the so called tryouts for Warrior games. I agree with a lot of the players on the list, but some are only on there because of club affiliation. Looking forward to seeing these kids play in the Spring

S2S as well. 35 of the 50 are spot on but even then, the order is messed up, they shouldn’t have tried to rank them. Funny thing is if you’ve got a kid on one of those four clubs and he’s not on this list, now you know exactly where your son stands in the director’s eyes. Also, it’s impressive how great all the coach’s kids are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good question who actually puts the list together?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It means their club or HS coach recommended them. There is not some great evaluation process going on here.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid was moved up to varsity last year in 9th grade, can't wait to see how good the team will be. Big achievement for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t blow to hard about my 9th grader playing varsity! Weather he is big for his age or highly skilled he is still a 9th grader. Keep pushing and you might not like the result!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn’t blow to hard about my 9th grader playing varsity! Weather he is big for his age or highly skilled he is still a 9th grader. Keep pushing and you might not like the result!

Well, he'll get a four-year varsity letter for college.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, unless he gets picked on by the older kids or cracks from the pressure, then he'll be sleeping in his lettermans jacked on the streets of Portland with a nasty drug habit! Way to parent tuff guy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Express 2023 team? I thought they were good. Not one of the kids named top 50 came from the Express team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually quite a few Express 23s on the list, not sure what you're looking at. Also does anyone know how the LI Lax journal top 22s were ranked? Fairly accurate but never heard of a top 5 player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually quite a few Express 23s on the list, not sure what you're looking at. Also does anyone know how the LI Lax journal top 22s were ranked? Fairly accurate but never heard of a top 5 player.
At least nine Express 23s are on the list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, unless he gets picked on by the older kids or cracks from the pressure, then he'll be sleeping in his lettermans jacked on the streets of Portland with a nasty drug habit! Way to parent tuff guy!

Well that’s not very polite!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t worry or pay any attention to these lists. My older son did not play at one of the big three lacrosse clubs and does not come from a traditional lacrosse high school. On September 1 of his junior year he had over 20 calls from Division I coaches some of them top 10 and 20 programs. Because he did not play on the best club teams like Express, Igloo and 91 and does not come from a traditional lacrosse high school his name was never submitted to be placed on any of those list. However he was offered spots ahead of most of those kids on those list for top D1 programs. He had many choices before he committed. My advice is just get your kids seen at top showcases and be a stand out at any tournament he attends and the coaches will find him. Trust me the coaches don’t care or look at those lists. Playing for Express, igloo or 91 will definitely get each one of those kids looks from every single Division I coach and assistant coaches but the colleges will make offers to the best players no matter what list they are on or whichever club they play for.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don’t worry or pay any attention to these lists. My older son did not play at one of the big three lacrosse clubs and does not come from a traditional lacrosse high school. On September 1 of his junior year he had over 20 calls from Division I coaches some of them top 10 and 20 programs. Because he did not play on the best club teams like Express, Igloo and 91 and does not come from a traditional lacrosse high school his name was never submitted to be placed on any of those list. However he was offered spots ahead of most of those kids on those list for top D1 programs. He had many choices before he committed. My advice is just get your kids seen at top showcases and be a stand out at any tournament he attends and the coaches will find him. Trust me the coaches don’t care or look at those lists. Playing for Express, igloo or 91 will definitely get each one of those kids looks from every single Division I coach and assistant coaches but the colleges will make offers to the best players no matter what list they are on or whichever club they play for.

I agree, however the list do matter to the kids. They talk about it and brag about it. In the end,your 100% correct that the College coaches only care about how good you are. Its all about being seen at the tournaments and showcases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, these lists are 90% ego (clubs, kids, HS). Since you have been there can you shed some light on 1. How do you get invited to those showcases without being in a top club? 2. What kind of indications did you get from these schools before Sept. 1st? 3. What were his grades like? That alone can be the game-changer. TIA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, these lists are 90% ego (clubs, kids, HS). Since you have been there can you shed some light on 1. How do you get invited to those showcases without being in a top club? 2. What kind of indications did you get from these schools before Sept. 1st? 3. What were his grades like? That alone can be the game-changer. TIA

Not the original poster but my older guy played on a top club and they got him in. all the top showcases have kids from all over not just the top club Have your club/HS coach make the call. Highlight film is always good. Between both club and HS coach they should be able to recommend the appropriate showcases based on your sons level. Black card, Maverick and D1 showcase by CB Laxers are all very good. There are so many.
Also prospect days are important. Before you go to a prospect day, make sure you fill out the online questionnaire from the school and follow up with emails and Video Your son should be sending the emails not the parent. Make sure you include GPA and anything else related to grades such national honor society. Or honor roll etc. they care very much about grades. Include why you want to attend the school. Do not put because of lacrosse. Talk about what you want in your future/ career.
Good luck and stay positive. Don’t let him get discouraged if he does not hear back from his first or second choice. Have multiple schools to choose from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the original poster but my older guy played on a top club and they got him in. all the top showcases have kids from all over not just the top club Have your club/HS coach make the call. Highlight film is always good. Between both club and HS coach they should be able to recommend the appropriate showcases based on your sons level. Black card, Maverick and D1 showcase by CB Laxers are all very good. There are so many.
Also prospect days are important. Before you go to a prospect day, make sure you fill out the online questionnaire from the school and follow up with emails and Video Your son should be sending the emails not the parent. Make sure you include GPA and anything else related to grades such national honor society. Or honor roll etc. they care very much about grades. Include why you want to attend the school. Do not put because of lacrosse. Talk about what you want in your future/ career.
Good luck and stay positive. Don’t let him get discouraged if he does not hear back from his first or second choice. Have multiple schools to choose from.

Since my son did not play for a top HS/club he had both those coaches call and recommend him to the top showcases. Can also use a video. Grades were important but if the grades are not awful he will able to get in to a good school if he is high enough on a coaches list. Believe it or not the the Patriot league cares more about grades than most of the Ivy League. Don’t leave out any school. I was shocked with the schools that called my son. Never dreamed it was possible. The advice above is great. I agree with all of it. My son did not put as much info in the emails as the person who replied did. Just gave his schedule, attached a video to every email and said he was interested in playing for that school. Always left his email and cell number in each email to coaches. Send emails through sports recruits. Well worth the money. Fill out entire profile in sports recruits. Always fill out all colleges of interest or may have interest questionnaires. Do it now and update with each new video. Video is most important. Try to get good competition in the video as the coaches are not fooled. They can tell how good the competition is in a video. Only top plays on video. If you are debating whether a clip should go into the video it probably should not. Best plays first. Show grit , speed, and IQ. Being an athlete in the video is important. Recommend showcases: Maverik Showtime, Philly Showcase and Blackcard are the best invite showcases. Need to start trying to get in 10 months in advance. I heard lacrosse masters is good but my son never attended any of those. I don’t think you need an invite. Best anyone can get in showcases are Elite 100 and the regional tryouts run by FLG. Every coach was at the top 50 game. The actual tournament did not draw as many coaches as the Nassau / Suffolk tryouts. It is a must to sign up for that. Beware selections are all political and not based on talent but the colleges know that. Any other questions just ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Since my son did not play for a top HS/club he had both those coaches call and recommend him to the top showcases. Can also use a video. Grades were important but if the grades are not awful he will able to get in to a good school if he is high enough on a coaches list. Believe it or not the the Patriot league cares more about grades than most of the Ivy League. Don’t leave out any school. I was shocked with the schools that called my son. Never dreamed it was possible. The advice above is great. I agree with all of it. My son did not put as much info in the emails as the person who replied did. Just gave his schedule, attached a video to every email and said he was interested in playing for that school. Always left his email and cell number in each email to coaches. Send emails through sports recruits. Well worth the money. Fill out entire profile in sports recruits. Always fill out all colleges of interest or may have interest questionnaires. Do it now and update with each new video. Video is most important. Try to get good competition in the video as the coaches are not fooled. They can tell how good the competition is in a video. Only top plays on video. If you are debating whether a clip should go into the video it probably should not. Best plays first. Show grit , speed, and IQ. Being an athlete in the video is important. Recommend showcases: Maverik Showtime, Philly Showcase and Blackcard are the best invite showcases. Need to start trying to get in 10 months in advance. I heard lacrosse masters is good but my son never attended any of those. I don’t think you need an invite. Best anyone can get in showcases are Elite 100 and the regional tryouts run by FLG. Every coach was at the top 50 game. The actual tournament did not draw as many coaches as the Nassau / Suffolk tryouts. It is a must to sign up for that. Beware selections are all political and not based on talent but the colleges know that. Any other questions just ask.
Best thread in some time...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would also recommend Under Armour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are the tryouts this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are the Apex showcases???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son attended an Apex event in the fall, very organized, good training and games. There was a lot of positive feedback from the parents on the sidelines. Obviously, as with every other showcase this past year, there were no D1 coaches in attendance, but their film was good quality, and I imagine that the D1 coaches will start to come out of the woodwork in June when they are permitted.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son attended an Apex event in the fall, very organized, good training and games. There was a lot of positive feedback from the parents on the sidelines. Obviously, as with every other showcase this past year, there were no D1 coaches in attendance, but their film was good quality, and I imagine that the D1 coaches will start to come out of the woodwork in June when they are permitted.

I would also add the Juniors Open and Main Stage as must attends. Last year the Juniors Open got prime real estate on the LSN network and still have an index to watch the games. These are new events but seem to have some press and muscle behind them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone pls elaborate if they think the juniors open is a good event to attend. Esp for a 2024? Not sure people had done it last year. Seems like a newer event and other than hearing about it just not sure if good. Seems like there are so many events now. Thx

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone pls elaborate if they think the juniors open is a good event to attend. Esp for a 2024? Not sure people had done it last year. Seems like a newer event and other than hearing about it just not sure if good. Seems like there are so many events now. Thx
It is not a showcase where anyone can attend or they state "invite only" but it is easy to get an invite. It may only be in its second year but it is considered one of the better showcases.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Blatant send out that their tournaments are being held in places they are not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not a showcase where anyone can attend or they state "invite only" but it is easy to get an invite. It may only be in its second year but it is considered one of the better showcases.

My 2023 is registered up for the Juniors Open but I have received zero information about the event, only that it will take place the wkend of 6-18. I don't even have the location. Anyone know where I'm spending that summer wkend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you may be pushing it with its easy to get an invite. I have looked at the instagram page to see who is being shown as invited for the 2023 class and they are all top players. That is not to say they are not missing players but cant imagine its easy to get an invite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not easy to get an invite if you are not in the inner circle. It’s usually the top players. A lot of players got recruited from that brand new tourney last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst part about Juniors open is that it’s June 19-20, and Showtime is June 21-23. If your invited to both, your son might have no legs by day 2 of Showtime. And IMO, you want to be at your best at Showtime. All of these showcases are too close together, and these kids are going to look like trash trying to fit in 27 days of tourneys and showcases in July. As for these showcases being easy to get into, if you are a non-East coast player it’s difficult. It helps to have the right connection too s and good film. But none of these are easy to get into at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The worst part about Juniors open is that it’s June 19-20, and Showtime is June 21-23. If your invited to both, your son might have no legs by day 2 of Showtime. And IMO, you want to be at your best at Showtime. All of these showcases are too close together, and these kids are going to look like trash trying to fit in 27 days of tourneys and showcases in July. As for these showcases being easy to get into, if you are a non-East coast player it’s difficult. It helps to have the right connection too s and good film. But none of these are easy to get into at all.

Showtime is the most important showcase to attend and be at your best. Since it’s inception they have a 99% division one offer rate. That means that 99% of the people who attended Showtime had Division I offers. 100% of the kids who played in the all star game had a Division I offer. Every Division I coach is there and every top academic program is there. I would not risk being tired or injury before showtime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Juniors open last year was likely top summer event

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it like a showtime where clubs get a select amount of spots and then they have to choose who to give it to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Blatant send out that their tournaments are being held in places they are not
Pandemic. New Jersey doesn't care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is True Blue holding a team this season or did they fold?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is True Blue all the Massapequa kids

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were they in business last year? Seems like they haven’t been around or competed anywhere. Seems to me like they possibly folded.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were they in business last year? Seems like they haven’t been around or competed anywhere. Seems to me like they possibly folded.

They are around. Still have two team I think.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are around. Still have two team I think.

I miss watching JC scream at the kids on the sidelines and doesn't know their names. Funny to watch.

Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard