BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Top trainers and/or coaches for the 2024 class? High school or club welcome. Looking for a new team and new private trainer for my daughter.

My daughter has worked with Mike Kaplan Laxon and Coach Tilts (all can easily be found on instagram) She did a group training with laxon in Nassau and said that she was expecting it to be harder but it was still fun. She felt Mike Kaplan was unsafe because there were dozens of unmasked players with two trainers more concerned with social media and making kids like them then a workout. She liked Tilts for privates and also did a small group session with her. Only struggle is that Tilts and Laxons slots go very quick. Kaplan doesn’t seem to cap his so I think he will squeeze as many as he can in. Kaplan doesn’t train lacrosse just workouts, Laxon only has a few teams, and I am not sure which club Tilts works for.

Also not a fan of Kaplan Mediocre fitness class at best.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top trainers and/or coaches for the 2024 class? High school or club welcome. Looking for a new team and new private trainer for my daughter.

My daughter has worked with Mike Kaplan Laxon and Coach Tilts (all can easily be found on instagram) She did a group training with laxon in Nassau and said that she was expecting it to be harder but it was still fun. She felt Mike Kaplan was unsafe because there were dozens of unmasked players with two trainers more concerned with social media and making kids like them then a workout. She liked Tilts for privates and also did a small group session with her. Only struggle is that Tilts and Laxons slots go very quick. Kaplan doesn’t seem to cap his so I think he will squeeze as many as he can in. Kaplan doesn’t train lacrosse just workouts, Laxon only has a few teams, and I am not sure which club Tilts works for.

I sent my kid to the Friday lax factory at Kaplan and it was a joke and just another stunt to put more money in pockets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I sent my kid to the Friday lax factory at Kaplan and it was a joke and just another stunt to put more money in pockets

Laxon has been great we’re big fans

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Laxon has been great we’re big fans

Don't your club teams train the kids outside of practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just going to give some advice to parents on here from having two older daughters who got college scholarships

If your kid is playing for rush, recon, or shore 2 shore girls I’d suggest getting a refund and finding a new team for the summer and going forward. Your kid has zero hope being seen playing for these teams. Unfortunately, 2024 elevate is going down too. A bunch of girls left last year, and I’m waiting for the rest to bail soon. Program used to be great, but is quickly falling apart.

I’d love to hear about which teams your daughters play for and your opinion of your team so that we can all figure out where we should be placing our kids.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just going to give some advice to parents on here from having two older daughters who got college scholarships

If your kid is playing for rush, recon, or shore 2 shore girls I’d suggest getting a refund and finding a new team for the summer and going forward. Your kid has zero hope being seen playing for these teams. Unfortunately, 2024 elevate is going down too. A bunch of girls left last year, and I’m waiting for the rest to bail soon. Program used to be great, but is quickly falling apart.

I’d love to hear about which teams your daughters play for and your opinion of your team so that we can all figure out where we should be placing our kids.

My kid plays for legacy but we already have too many kids so please find a spot elsewhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ but our team has 26 kids so not sure if they’re willing to take more

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We play for 91. I’ll be the first to admit that a year ago with the old coach it was an absolute bust. Since getting a new coach the team has been ridiculously positive even with a coach who expects a lot. We do non lax stuff together, our coach worked for free an extra day every week and gave up three Friday nights to have scrimmages she set up and ran without any compensation. The girls are all outside working out 5+ days a week and have easily become better than they have been in years. The coaches held recruiting zooms already and colleges are already calling our coaches based on what they’ve seen on social media and in kids film. We had a few girls leave last year to go to other teams they thought would be better who now ride the bench w it [ChillLaxin] insanely high roster numbers. We had 20+ girls try out between august and now and have kept our roster at 18. Our coach chose to not take kids and keep our roster small rather than collecting more money for the program just to fill a bigger team. I was skeptical about staying after last year, but having her come in has completely changed our experience. Our daughter told us that she has no interest in playing for any other coach and that she plans to continue to work to be the best so she can stay as a player on the team. I can’t say that the rest of the program is run this way because I don’t have kids on other teams but this group of girls and coaches have blown our family away. If your kid is a midfielder, don’t let her try out because my daughter may kill me if she knows I brought competition over her spot into the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How can anyone possibly be ok with sending their kid onto a roster of 26?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't think our kids will get looks at these clubs? Why?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s about the paycheck!! Sheep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid plays for legacy but we already have too many kids so please find a spot elsewhere

This is rude. Don’t worry no one is going out of their way to join a team with too many kids as is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? His kid can take your kid's spot. That's how it works. Legacy is good but we have some dummies, like everyone else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We play for 91. I’ll be the first to admit that a year ago with the old coach it was an absolute bust. Since getting a new coach the team has been ridiculously positive even with a coach who expects a lot. We do non lax stuff together, our coach worked for free an extra day every week and gave up three Friday nights to have scrimmages she set up and ran without any compensation. The girls are all outside working out 5+ days a week and have easily become better than they have been in years. The coaches held recruiting zooms already and colleges are already calling our coaches based on what they’ve seen on social media and in kids film. We had a few girls leave last year to go to other teams they thought would be better who now ride the bench w it [ChillLaxin] insanely high roster numbers. We had 20+ girls try out between august and now and have kept our roster at 18. Our coach chose to not take kids and keep our roster small rather than collecting more money for the program just to fill a bigger team. I was skeptical about staying after last year, but having her come in has completely changed our experience. Our daughter told us that she has no interest in playing for any other coach and that she plans to continue to work to be the best so she can stay as a player on the team. I can’t say that the rest of the program is run this way because I don’t have kids on other teams but this group of girls and coaches have blown our family away. If your kid is a midfielder, don’t let her try out because my daughter may kill me if she knows I brought competition over her spot into the mix.

Yea well my daughter was one of the kids who didn’t make itbut plans to try again this summer. She’s really bummed she got stuck on a smaller club team again but has worked really hard to get better this year to hopefully make it next year. Any insight into what the coach is looking for? I don’t want to go to yellow jackets but if she can’t make this team it seems like the O’Sullivan team is the only team with spots still.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical Long Island politics are you new here ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s about the paycheck!! Sheep

But why would you put your kid in a team that clearly is over the roster size? They’ll play less which means less time to improve or to be seen by coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why? His kid can take your kid's spot. That's how it works. Legacy is good but we have some dummies, like everyone else.

My kid is not one of the dummies on this team, but I’m sure your kid is

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We left this team a few years ago when the old cosch said she was probably moving teams. I’m still close to some of the mothers on this team and they rave about what the new coaches have done for the girls. I’d be lying if I I said there weren’t moments I question my choice to move my daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We left this team a few years ago when the old cosch said she was probably moving teams. I’m still close to some of the mothers on this team and they rave about what the new coaches have done for the girls. I’d be lying if I I said there weren’t moments I question my choice to move my daughter.

Who was the old coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My daughter plays for rush and this fall was a little better than last summer. My daughter tried out for other teams, including 91 and legacy, but didn’t make it. She’s a good player, but I guess isn’t getting the coaching she needs to be good enough to make a better team. Vicious cycle

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

My daughter played for one of the above mentioned teams for a few years. We loved what they stood for (big on community service) and at the time, they fit our needs (local tournaments). One of the downsides of being on that team was that some of the players (or it could have been a result of the parents being busy, etc.) didn't make the same time commitment to being at practices. My daughter would often get in the car and tell me how few girls were there. That had an impact on her morale and it showed in the teams' performance on the field. My daughter's interest in lacrosse had changed from what it was 3 years prior, so we decided it might be worth looking into other teams.

This past summer our daughter decided to try out for another team that she had played, and lost to, in tournaments. She made the team and so far we've been very happy with how things have progressed for her. She's upbeat when returning from practices and that says a lot to me. We'll see how it goes this Spring/Summer with the tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the YJ and TG teams at this age? Have they played each other? Is there a big difference between the top clubs at this age and the mid range clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the YJ and TG teams at this age? Have they played each other? Is there a big difference between the top clubs at this age and the mid range clubs?

YJ A team is good, but again too many players. Other teams are decent, but again 26 kids on a roster if you look at their website. Supposedly after the 23 class TG isn’t all that great. A lot of switching of coaching between 24 black and purple and really bad role models.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only real gap between teams is YJ Wiener. The other YJ top guns teams are good, but nothing spectacular. Top Guns black is currently ranked below YJ Wiener, YJ Ramos, Legacy, 91 Crossfire, and Elevate Blue. The TG team for the 24 year is not a powerhouse. Considering that elevate and 91 are typically labeled as "mid range" and are competing at a higher level than TG, I'd say that the gap is not really there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

My daughter played for one of the above mentioned teams for a few years. We loved what they stood for (big on community service) and at the time, they fit our needs (local tournaments). One of the downsides of being on that team was that some of the players (or it could have been a result of the parents being busy, etc.) didn't make the same time commitment to being at practices. My daughter would often get in the car and tell me how few girls were there. That had an impact on her morale and it showed in the teams' performance on the field. My daughter's interest in lacrosse had changed from what it was 3 years prior, so we decided it might be worth looking into other teams.

This past summer our daughter decided to try out for another team that she had played, and lost to, in tournaments. She made the team and so far we've been very happy with how things have progressed for her. She's upbeat when returning from practices and that says a lot to me. We'll see how it goes this Spring/Summer with the tournaments.

It may just be an opinion, but from my experience I can explain why. These clubs are smaller and get less attention. Since their teams are not highly skilled, they get placed into very low brackets and don't get invited to tournaments such as nationals this summer which I know Legacy has enrolled in and 91 and YJ were invited to. Coaches have less personal connections to these teams because they don't have as many high level older players who have built relationships over the past few years. Let's take rush for example, they don't have a 22 or 23 team (that I know of) so when it comes time for the 24s the club has been completely off the radar for two years. If they were doing something to combat this, a coach heavily involved with recruiting and in contact with multiple coaches often, a coach who played for a high level school with friends who are coaches etc it would help slightly.

These teams also bring in kids who are less committed, as mentioned above. If you look at social media on other teams, you'll notice they are at solo and team trainings constantly with almost 100% attendance. Some may argue that YJ and Legacy have high numbers on their 24 rosters because of money, but it can also be said it could be to have numbers in the case that kids aren't showing up. Ideally, you'd want your daughter on a team that has extremely committed players who show up to everything and are in communication with players and parents frequently. These are the teams that will not only elevate individuals games, but team culture and cohesion on the field while attracting coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only real gap between teams is YJ Wiener. The other YJ top guns teams are good, but nothing spectacular. Top Guns black is currently ranked below YJ Wiener, YJ Ramos, Legacy, 91 Crossfire, and Elevate Blue. The TG team for the 24 year is not a powerhouse. Considering that elevate and 91 are typically labeled as "mid range" and are competing at a higher level than TG, I'd say that the gap is not really there.

I agree with this. It seems that the mid range teams and higher level teams have a much smaller gap for the 24 class. it seems like some mid range teams may have passed some of the higher level teams for the first time in a long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think elevate should be ranked even lower than it is, but I don't make the rules. They got absolutely smacked this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who was the old coach?

I'm not one of the dads trying to ruin a young kids career. She has found a new team and has her college career ahead of her, good luck to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Wishing all the girls the best of luck this upcoming spring season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Save your kid from the nasty culture these YJ coaches produce

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

It may just be an opinion, but from my experience I can explain why. These clubs are smaller and get less attention. Since their teams are not highly skilled, they get placed into very low brackets and don't get invited to tournaments such as nationals this summer which I know Legacy has enrolled in and 91 and YJ were invited to. Coaches have less personal connections to these teams because they don't have as many high level older players who have built relationships over the past few years. Let's take rush for example, they don't have a 22 or 23 team (that I know of) so when it comes time for the 24s the club has been completely off the radar for two years. If they were doing something to combat this, a coach heavily involved with recruiting and in contact with multiple coaches often, a coach who played for a high level school with friends who are coaches etc it would help slightly.

These teams also bring in kids who are less committed, as mentioned above. If you look at social media on other teams, you'll notice they are at solo and team trainings constantly with almost 100% attendance. Some may argue that YJ and Legacy have high numbers on their 24 rosters because of money, but it can also be said it could be to have numbers in the case that kids aren't showing up. Ideally, you'd want your daughter on a team that has extremely committed players who show up to everything and are in communication with players and parents frequently. These are the teams that will not only elevate individuals games, but team culture and cohesion on the field while attracting coaches.

Completely agree with this and that the "top teams" have shifted from the 22/23 class to the 24 class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this. It seems that the mid range teams and higher level teams have a much smaller gap for the 24 class. it seems like some mid range teams may have passed some of the higher level teams for the first time in a long time.

Are their social media pages for these teams so I can compare them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

This reply sums it up perfectly without being rude

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJA is the best team in this age group. It's not close. After that YJB, Legacy, TG and Liberty are probably in the next group in some order. Hard to tell as no one has played real games in 18 months.

Also, generally the LI teams are behind the Maryland teams at this age

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you elaborate why?

Who does she play for now?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real answer is that nobody knows because there wasn't a meaningful 2020 summer season and these teams rarely play each other or common opponents. Please don't tell me that the above analysis was based on the ridiculous Fall 2020 Club Lacrosse rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJA is the best team in this age group. It's not close. After that YJB, Legacy, TG and Liberty are probably in the next group in some order. Hard to tell as no one has played real games in 18 months.

Also, generally the LI teams are behind the Maryland teams at this age

I disagree about top guns, but liberty has a good 24 group also. I also think it is closer than many think it is. YJ didn't play a single real tournament all fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The real answer is that nobody knows because there wasn't a meaningful 2020 summer season and these teams rarely play each other or common opponents. Please don't tell me that the above analysis was based on the ridiculous Fall 2020 Club Lacrosse rankings.

At this point the answer to this question is an opinion, we are each entitled to our own. I think that the top teams for 24s are probably YJ Wiener and Legacy, after that Liberty 91 and TG. I'd rank bandits, elevate, empire, rush, recon, etc underneath them all without a second thought.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are there social media accounts for the 24 teams I can look at ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point the answer to this question is an opinion, we are each entitled to our own. I think that the top teams for 24s are probably YJ Wiener and Legacy, after that Liberty 91 and TG. I'd rank bandits, elevate, empire, rush, recon, etc underneath them all without a second thought.

I agree with this as well. No one is disputing Wiener team being the best, but I think the real question is where the rest rank.

Page 4 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 6 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard