BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10
Re: Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
dont worry ratings mean nothing plenty of kids that did not attend any inside lacrosse events better then some of those 4 star rated players lists are bs and college coaches know that my son did not attend any showecases and was recuited pretty quick

Same here. My older son did not play for Express, 91 or Igloo and did not even attend prospect camps but had many calls on September 1 with offers. Some Ivy League offers ahead of ranked players from top teams. He did not have a ranking either. Never attended those events to get the ranking. I believe if you want a ranking you could pay for it at this point. Best advice would be to make sure your son fills out each college he is interested in questionnaire which you can find online. Also send a video with an email to each coach of the college he is interested in. Despite the luck that my son had It is good to go to Prospect camps if they will be holding them.

Good luck.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it gets any thicker on here I'm gonna have to put on my hip boots! Your so full of garbage your eyes are brown!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it gets any thicker on here I'm gonna have to put on my hip boots! Your so full of garbage your eyes are brown!

Best compliment is when one tells the truth and it is NOT believed because the non believer can’t do it. Thanks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah we've heard that my older son story a hundred times! Let me guess, you found your kid in a crashed space ship and he had pajamas on with a big S on the front!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah we've heard that my older son story a hundred times! Let me guess, you found your kid in a crashed space ship and he had pajamas on with a big S on the front!

The way I see it the post gave useful advise and is talking about the older son as a reference point to show the guy did it before. It shows what he did worked. Read the post again without a doubting mind. It gives good advise. Where is your advice to others? I bet most people did not know how important it is to fill out the questioners. Everyone knows about videos and emails but not filling out the questioners. People appreciate the advice but not those who attack the one who are trying to help others. Keep the advise coming!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is some advice - don’t have spelling and grammatical errors in your questionnaire!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is some advice - don’t have spelling and grammatical errors in your questionnaire!

Actually spelling and grammar errors are fine. I would not be worried if it wasn’t perfect. Because there are parents, and you you know it, that review and edit correspondence with coaches. Don’t you think they know after 10,000 emails and texts if it’s a parent or some 16 year old. It’s okay not to be perfect.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it looks like the D1 recruiting is mostly done until the summer for this class and there will be D1 commits right through Sr year, but it will be very selective. The first wave is through. So what are the next steps for those who didn’t get that D1 look?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So it looks like the D1 recruiting is mostly done until the summer for this class and there will be D1 commits right through Sr year, but it will be very selective. The first wave is through. So what are the next steps for those who didn’t get that D1 look?

Keep working!! When the season starts back up, hopefully coaches will be allowed to attend events. Get in front of the coaches that your son wants to play for. Yes the big programs are pretty much done but Plenty of D 1 spots are still open on the lower end. D2 and D3 are still finishing their 21 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've read this board for 8 years and this is my first post. I was compelled to write because of the sincerity of parents looking for a realistic pathway to play D1 lax.

For those that did not get D1 looks, here are the options: Post Graduate year, consider teams in bottom half of D1, Top D2, D3 schools and Community College. Send video to Coaches at targeted schools and follow up with attending Prospect Days when they become available. You will know if your son is a D1 player when D1 coaches speak with him. It really is that simple. Painful but true.

At the same time Academics play a huge role. Your son may be valuable to a Program if their GPA and SAT are above average compared to the schools acceptance data. If your son is focused on D1 lacrosse and has the size, speed and athleticism (not skill, that can be taught) according to an objective evaluation invest in an SAT Tutor. A coach may be able to use your son's academics to pull in a stud with an SAT/GPA too low to gain admission by averaging the two applications. Increasing an SAT score is likely to increase academic money which is much more bountiful than lax scholarships. Lax scholarships are mostly offered to nationally ranked players which does not apply to the players we are discussing.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel bad for your kid. I guess he is not getting the calls YOU wanted. My advise to you is not to attend the parent meeting with the coaching staff. If you do choose to attend please say nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've read this board for 8 years and this is my first post. I was compelled to write because of the sincerity of parents looking for a realistic pathway to play D1 lax.

For those that did not get D1 looks, here are the options: Post Graduate year, consider teams in bottom half of D1, Top D2, D3 schools and Community College. Send video to Coaches at targeted schools and follow up with attending Prospect Days when they become available. You will know if your son is a D1 player when D1 coaches speak with him. It really is that simple. Painful but true.

At the same time Academics play a huge role. Your son may be valuable to a Program if their GPA and SAT are above average compared to the schools acceptance data. If your son is focused on D1 lacrosse and has the size, speed and athleticism (not skill, that can be taught) according to an objective evaluation invest in an SAT Tutor. A coach may be able to use your son's academics to pull in a stud with an SAT/GPA too low to gain admission by averaging the two applications. Increasing an SAT score is likely to increase academic money which is much more bountiful than lax scholarships. Lax scholarships are mostly offered to nationally ranked players which does not apply to the players we are discussing.

I agree with this. One thing I would add is if your kid did not get a call yet from any D1 school it is not over. Follow the advice above but continue with targeting mid level and lower/high end D1 programs. 2021 Friend of ours had no D1 calls until this past October and committed to a top 30 lacrosse program. Great academic school too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks a great post. I personally feel that a low D1 school is a tough choice unless your son is in love with the school and area of study. Then no-brainer. However, kids do pick the program first and at this point the best programs are D2 and D3. So it is an interesting choice, D1 with a program that isn’t that successful vs a D2 or D3 program that is nationally ranked. I bet a lot kids must be wrestling with this scenario right now.

So sound off, which do you think is the best choice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks a great post. I personally feel that a low D1 school is a tough choice unless your son is in love with the school and area of study. Then no-brainer. However, kids do pick the program first and at this point the best programs are D2 and D3. So it is an interesting choice, D1 with a program that isn’t that successful vs a D2 or D3 program that is nationally ranked. I bet a lot kids must be wrestling with this scenario right now.

You don’t pick a school for a lacrosse program. You choose for fit. One thing about most D1 programs is they offer great academic support. D3 most do not. Not sure about D2. So pick the school that is the best fit socially and in academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It may not be a tough choice initially because the school is D1 and it's really exciting. What's tough is losing 50 plus games over a 4 year period and having the motivation and discipline to lift, eat properly and limit social life.

There is no blanket answer on what Division to play lacrosse. My takeaways are to push forward with D1 and for parents to start to consider teams outside of D1 and communicate it to their son.

Many top D2/D3 /Community Colleges ramp up recruiting in the fall after their target players are not being recruited by the top 50% of D1 programs. So, it is a good idea to visit the D2/3 schools and speak with the coaches in the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It sounds like based on the responses that it is good to start D2 and D3 reach outs now, Considering so many 2022s have committed. Somebody said over 250 commits so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you really have to evaluate this from school to school. My brother went to Wagner college over 20 years ago. It was D 1 men’s program. However, when he was there their head coach wasn’t even a full time employee. He was a grad assistant. Which means they kids had a new coach every 2 years. As a result the team got crushed and my brother was miserable. I’m sure things are different now but you get my point. In my opinion you are much better off going to an elite D2 school than a bottom of the barrel D1 program. Of course this all being that he loves that same D2 school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've been playing this game for over one hundred years! Way back when I went to school with Ben franklin! I made my first stick out of a branch and some vines! I know everything about everything, I stand on the side line with my big fat belly and my Starbucks coffee while my son scores two hundred goals a game! I'm writing his post because sharing is caring!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you really have to evaluate this from school to school. My brother went to Wagner college over 20 years ago. It was D 1 men’s program. However, when he was there their head coach wasn’t even a full time employee. He was a grad assistant. Which means they kids had a new coach every 2 years. As a result the team got crushed and my brother was miserable. I’m sure things are different now but you get my point. In my opinion you are much better off going to an elite D2 school than a bottom of the barrel D1 program. Of course this all being that he loves that same D2 school.

Very simple.... help your son pick the best situation for them The decision should be based on which school will be best for him. Which school will challenge him and get him ready for the next phase of his life. It’s not just about lacrosse it’s about preparing for the future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very simple.... help your son pick the best situation for them The decision should be based on which school will be best for him. Which school will challenge him and get him ready for the next phase of his life. It’s not just about lacrosse; it’s about preparing for the future.

It could be simple; unfortunately, many parents put lacrosse before their child's education. College is a big business; many fail to realize that not every child needs to attend. Nevertheless, if you are one of those parents pushing your kid to attend college just to play lacrosse, you are doing them a huge disservice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree. You have to consider the school and the program. No disrespect to schools that are low end D1, but it’s not one or the other. It’s a balance. For example, if the academics were similar, do you pick low D1 vs top 10 D2 or D3?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So navigating recruiting is becoming so confusing. I know D1 schools are still recruiting, but I gotta believe they are becoming very selective.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% agree. You have to consider the school and the program. No disrespect to schools that are low end D1, but it’s not one or the other. It’s a balance. For example, if the academics were similar, do you pick low D1 vs top 10 D2 or D3?

Send videos and emails to D1 , D2 and D3. You never know what school will be a good fit until you visit and ask questions. Something to consider is that most D1 programs give a lot of academic support. Of course some give none. D3 is the opposite. They give very little academic support. As a result, a D1 program that may not be as good in academics may be a better fit than a high academic D3 school because many D1 schools give a lot of academic support. Don’t limit the schools. Contact and if invited visit as many as possible that have a chance to be a good fit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Send videos and emails to D1 , D2 and D3. You never know what school will be a good fit until you visit and ask questions. Something to consider is that most D1 programs give a lot of academic support. Of course some give none. D3 is the opposite. They give very little academic support. As a result, a D1 program that may not be as good in academics may be a better fit than a high academic D3 school because many D1 schools give a lot of academic support. Don’t limit the schools. Contact and if invited visit as many as possible that have a chance to be a good fit.

I agree send film to as many schools as your son is potentially interested in. It’s just a conversation. At this point you should not just be sending emails to D1 schools, even if your son is having a dialogue. Chances are that school is talking to several kids for a few spots. And then what when your son doesn’t make the cut?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn’t seem like much is going on commitment wise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I fear that college athletics will begin to contract severely, especially if they cancel spring sport seasons again. How long can they keep these non income producing programs afloat?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I fear that college athletics will begin to contract severely, especially if they cancel spring sport seasons again. How long can they keep these non income producing programs afloat?

It is a risk. Commit and then the program is suspended

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The scam that college is could clearly afford to carry these sports....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why you use your lacrosse talent to get a higher education. Lacrosse is only played for so long, get to a spot that sets you up for future success.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is why you use your lacrosse talent to get a higher education. Lacrosse is only played for so long, get to a spot that sets you up for future success.

You have it wrong. They would love to have football and basketball and an excuse to cancel the spring sports which are nothing but a cost center.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely WRONG !!!!! Mens Lacrosse will be playing in Spring ACC ,BIG 10 , PAtriot league IVY is a wild card possibly they only play amongst themselves

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have it wrong. They would love to have football and basketball and an excuse to cancel the spring sports which are nothing but a cost center.
Consider how much revenue the school makes when you have 50+ kids getting no athletic money, generally from higher income families with good grades coming to your school who otherwise might not. There is at least one DIII school who I know awards a bonus for every kid the team carries. Needless to say the roster is huge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO there is going be less spots for the 2022s and likely the 2023s until the extra eligibility and the impact of the pandemic cycles through. Won’t be an impact to the top 100 players or so, but for other kids looking for D3 and D2 spots, there will be impact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IMHO there is going be less spots for the 2022s and likely the 2023s until the extra eligibility and the impact of the pandemic cycles through. Won’t be an impact to the top 100 players or so, but for other kids looking for D3 and D2 spots, there will be impact.

Besides the top players in the country or players on teams with a shot at a National Championship, how many players will take the extra year of eligibility.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I totally agree with he original post. Since 2nd grade and a reclass is a long time. School lax is much more fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Utah is carrying 60 players! So there are more spots!

BUT SURELY LESS Money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 2023 2024 class will all affected by this pandemic recruiting you all have to realize the scholarship gets readjusted back to 12.6 and then you will have many top IVy recruits with an extra year of eligibility and that in turn eats up scholarship dollars. Then it becomes a trickle down effect kids transfer from top program to lesser program to play more and that in turn affects your recruiting . I do think this is going to be very difficult for recruits to find places with the amount of kids on a team the top programs will be taking less recruits that is a fact . If you are a speciality player example faceoff , goalie it is going to be even harder ......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Utah is carrying 60 players! So there are more spots!

BUT SURELY LESS Money.

Utah has 42 players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 2023 2024 class will all affected by this pandemic recruiting you all have to realize the scholarship gets readjusted back to 12.6 and then you will have many top IVy recruits with an extra year of eligibility and that in turn eats up scholarship dollars. Then it becomes a trickle down effect kids transfer from top program to lesser program to play more and that in turn affects your recruiting . I do think this is going to be very difficult for recruits to find places with the amount of kids on a team the top programs will be taking less recruits that is a fact . If you are a speciality player example faceoff , goalie it is going to be even harder ......

If your son is being recruited by a school, look online at the roster size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lax Nationals?

Page 7 of 10 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard