@BackOfTheCAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 season pertaining to Boys 2022 graduates (11th grade).
The last year of club lax...... could not come fast enough! Done feeding this dying beast.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The last year of club lax...... could not come fast enough! Done feeding this dying beast.

If you're so done with this sport, why come on here to vent your feelings? Talk about hypocritical... Just watch your kid play (or dont play for that matter) for the last time and go find another hobby to [ChillLaxin] about. Obviously little johnny wasn't good enough to play at the next level and you're visibly disgruntled about that. See ya troll

If you're so done with this sport, why come on here to vent your feelings? Talk about hypocritical... Just watch your kid play (or dont play for that matter) for the last time and go find another hobby to [ChillLaxin] about. Obviously little johnny wasn't good enough to play at the next level and you're visibly disgruntled about that. See ya troll

The person is referring to himself. Maybe the the guys kid is committed and sticking with school ball going forward. Or maybe, the kid is a very good player and got tired of playing the sport. I'm sure your wife is waiting to get rid of somethings (YOU) so she could get to the next level
This entire club experience is a garbage shoot, had some great seasons and some disastrous seasons. Some great coaches and non existent coaching. For the most part, club directors are terrible business people that have great lax knowledge and coaching skills. Somewhere along the line, it became all about the almighty dollar.

If you are still in club lax at this age, your kid can play well enough to play some college lacrosse, be it D1, 2 or 3.

This year will tell if it was worth it.
This entire club experience is a garbage shoot, had some great seasons and some disastrous seasons. Some great coaches and non existent coaching. For the most part, club directors are terrible business people that have great lax knowledge and coaching skills. Somewhere along the line, it became all about the almighty dollar.

If you are still in club lax at this age, your kid can play well enough to play some college lacrosse, be it D1, 2 or 3.

So haven't been on this site in a long time. Just wanted see what was happening. Mine are done, both played in College, one D3 and one D1. Was it all worth it? 100%. I enjoyed every minute of it and now miss it terribly. Were there up and downs and times it actually stunk for both them and me? Sure. However, I wouldn't trade all the one on one time I had with them. The ability to shape them as young men and keep them out of trouble. They both have an incredible work ethic and are not afraid of life's challenges. That comes from pushing yourself against the best as a young man. Sometimes failing sometimes winning. It's not all about winning a National Championship one day, although that would be great. It's about the journey and building a productive, hard working young man. Something that is truly lacking in our society today. Enjoy the ride, think about what you're really trying to achieve. For me it was completely 'worth it"

So haven't been on this site in a long time. Just wanted see what was happening. Mine are done, both played in College, one D3 and one D1. Was it all worth it? 100%. I enjoyed every minute of it and now miss it terribly. Were there up and downs and times it actually stunk for both them and me? Sure. However, I wouldn't trade all the one on one time I had with them. The ability to shape them as young men and keep them out of trouble. They both have an incredible work ethic and are not afraid of life's challenges. That comes from pushing yourself against the best as a young man. Sometimes failing sometimes winning. It's not all about winning a National Championship one day, although that would be great. It's about the journey and building a productive, hard working young man. Something that is truly lacking in our society today. Enjoy the ride, think about what you're really trying to achieve. For me it was completely 'worth it"

Well put sir, I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you!
Nothing better than watching my child play and make friends with both kids from his team as well as competing teams. What I cannot wait to end is the GREED of travel organizations. They have no shame. Makes me ill every time I pay them.
Nothing better than watching my child play and make friends with both kids from his team as well as competing teams. What I cannot wait to end is the GREED of travel organizations. They have no shame. Makes me ill every time I pay them.

Remember one thing NO ONE put a gun to your head! You chose so dont complain we are all in the same boat !
Anywhere to follow 2022 commits starting tomorrow? Would like to see how the process goes for these young men.
Anyone see Ty's top 10 in 2022. Looks like just 1 2004 birthdate. Crazy.
Half are post-September 1, 2003, plus one 2004. I really thought we were going to see a ton of early 2003s and more than one late 2002.
60% are on age for WSYL, I assumed there were only be one or two on age.
60% are on age for WSYL, I assumed there were only be one or two on age.

Don't take that number as a reflection of the rest of the ranked and unranked. It is lopsided to the older boys for sure.
The top 10 is a small sample, lets see the top 100 with ages, that is a much better sample size.
So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?
91 Smash is the top team, after that its Igloo and we all know Chan team has fallen off so next few teams are anyone's guess.

It’s not the best teams. It’s best players. How many kids got texts or emails for being a practice player on the best team? Likely not many. Watched the elite 8 and saw the same 10-13 kids on the field.

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.
first 2022 to committ Caden whaling UNC predators

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench
Why would he lie? He's just trying to give info and encouragement so go away SIMP!

Pipe down [ChillLaxin] bag, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of
Surprised to see some of the Ivies so quick out of the gates. Expected the ACC

Pipe down, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of

Wrong, you are dreaming
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/quote]

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.[/quote]

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench[/quote]

Pipe down, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of[/quote]

Wrong, you are dreaming[/quote]

Says the parent who's obviously never been through the recruiting process. You should educate yourself a little bit to avoid further embarrassment
I have a quick question. Just saw the 91 kid commuted today Norte Dame. I see he is from a town outside Albany. Do these kids commute 3 hours for practice 2x a week? Or do they just get to show up on game days ?
I have a quick question. Just saw the 91 kid commuted today Norte Dame. I see he is from a town outside Albany. Do these kids commute 3 hours for practice 2x a week? Or do they just get to show up on game days ?

Why do you care?

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.[/quote]

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench[/quote]

Pipe down, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of[/quote]

Wrong, you are dreaming[/quote]

Says the parent who's obviously never been through the recruiting process. You should educate yourself a little bit to avoid further embarrassment[/quote]

What school do you consider “top 25” can’t wait to hear this.

Why do you care?

They all stack their teams if you look half the Smash and CoachC rosters are packed with out of state kids. Anything to win ! bunch of aholes!

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.
Those teams have kids from TX, NC, others. Also closer, but kids from Westchester too.
"LILJ 22' Open" on Tourney machine, Nice long island lineup, New Event?

Why do you care?

They all stack their teams if you look half the Smash and CoachC rosters are packed with out of state kids. Anything to win ! bunch of aholes!

Here is the realty... College Coaches want to watch the best players compete with and against the best players. The clubs want to field the best team possible so that that they can compete with the best teams. Why people have a problem with that is beyond me. Reminds me of the people who think kids should only play with kids from their town. Crazy
According to inside Lacrosse, only 3 22s from Long Island have been committed. My son got some calls from D1 schools and they all said its going to be a long process this year, most likely into next summer.

Why do you care?

Here is the realty... College Coaches want to watch the best players compete with and against the best players. The clubs want to field the best team possible so that that they can compete with the best teams. Why people have a problem with that is beyond me. Reminds me of the people who think kids should only play with kids from their town. Crazy

That kid was on LI played for smash, Dad got a job in Albany so they moved recently

Why do you care?

Easier to recruit talent than to coach good athletes into becoming great athletes. Isn't it their job to do that? Lazy....

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.

that call or email is coming soon
The LI open this weekend is interesting. Basically the top 8 teams on LI.
Spallina to Cuse! Deuces!

What? Couldn't get into the Ivy's, Duke, Virginia, etc?
After listening read what his daddy wrote, I guess we know why he didn't look at the Ivy's. Obviously not a fan of the family, but you have to admit that was a little embarrasing.
After listening read what his daddy wrote, I guess we know why he didn't look at the Ivy's. Obviously not a fan of the family, but you have to admit that was a little embarrasing.

I am willing to bet you didn't go to an ivy either! You say you don't like the family and that is your business YET you watched his announcement and came on an anonymous forum to trash him, sounds like you're the one who should be embarrassed!
oh stop. you are embarrassing.

I am willing to bet you didn't go to an ivy either! You say you don't like the family and that is your business YET you watched his announcement and came on an anonymous forum to trash him, sounds like you're the one who should be embarrassed!

exactly .
Agreed......very embarrassing for a bunch of guys who walk around like they are gods of the lacrosse world . But.....I guess off of Long Island not so much fellas. Couldn’t get their own into a better school than Syracuse and he’s the top recruit. Yup I would say embarrassing
Agreed......very embarrassing for a bunch of guys who walk around like they are gods of the lacrosse world . But.....I guess off of Long Island not so much fellas. Couldn’t get their own into a better school than Syracuse and he’s the top recruit. Yup I would say embarrassing

While I will agree that Syracuse may not be "ivy" the fact that individuals on this forum disparage a 16 year old kid for going to a traditional lacrosse powerhouse that was this boys dream school is appalling. Are parents that depraved that they mock the choices of 16 year old boys. Syracuse is an excellent school even if its not Ivy. I guess this poster only thinks 8 schools are worth going to. Give me a break.
Should have hit the books instead of hitting the wall.

Uuummmm, since when is Syracuse not a great school? I must have missed that memo???
Oh wow really , that's where he's going ? Syracuse for the top recruit in the country ? Not impressive at all
Nobody is disparaging a 16 year old kid .....it’s the family that is full of themselves that is being disparaged . And Syracuse is NOT even close to the top tier schools academically ( duke, Hopkins, Cornell, uva, etc.....) so get a clue.
Nobody is disparaging a 16 year old kid .....it’s the family that is full of themselves that is being disparaged . And Syracuse is NOT even close to the top tier schools academically ( duke, Hopkins, Cornell, uva, etc.....) so get a clue.

Nobody's disparaging a 16 year old kid, b/c he's actually 17! LOL

Syracuse is a fine school, you can do anything you want if you graduate from there but it's not in the same academic league as many other non-Ivy lax powerhouses. The Spallina's annoy people b/c of the constant self promotion, the fake tans and smiles. The real test of how strong the family and the 91 brand is will be with the 2023 twins, one of whom was among the best when they were younger but maybe not so much anymore and the other... well, to put it nicely, he gets a lot more looks than he probably would if not for his last name.

He also had offers from UVA, UMD, Loyola, UNC (all great schools for both academics and athletics) plus many more! He chose Syracuse ... I REPEAT he chose Syracuse!!!
I don't believe anything that the articles say when it comes to the spallinas, sorry but you don't choose syracuse over those other schools if those " offers " were even there . But hey I guess if an article says it ,it just be true lol
There is nothing wrong with Syracuse. It is a fine school with a large connected alumni base and I am sure a great lacrosse alumni base. In all likelihood, the kid is not a student and has no interest in the academic rigors of an ivy. He probably plans on playing off of the family name and connections and making lacrosse his livelihood. Also, he is an eastern LI kid who is probably too country and blue collar to fit in at an ivy-type school - its not like he is a rich Manhasset or Bronxville kid. He seems more country-bumpkin dense jock then woke hipster nerd or rich vineyard vines trust funder.
I understand what you're saying ....and good for him if he lives the school. However , to say he got multiple offers including UVA, Maryland , UNC and going to o syracuse is like saying " I got an offer from Patriots but I'll choose to go with the Jets .
This conversation is kinda sad. Why so negative?
Oh wow really , that's where he's going ? Syracuse for the top recruit in the country ? Not impressive at all

They were number 1 when season ended

He also had offers from UVA, UMD, Loyola, UNC (all great schools for both academics and athletics) plus many more! He chose Syracuse ... I REPEAT he chose Syracuse!!!

Hey guys, this man has repeated something and put it in all caps! It has to be true. Thanks man for sorting it out for those of us in the back of the room.
Anyone on this thread stating that he should be embarrassed by attending Syracuse knows nothing about lacrosse. Plain and simple.

You may not like his father. Fine. But to come on a public forum and bash a kid who has worked his tail off since he was a young boy to achieve his dream is just flat out disgusting. You’re pretty sad. Your life must be miserable.

I’m not a Syracuse fan, but now I hope ‘Cuse wins it all and that #22 leads the way.

Go JS.

Why do you care?

Easier to recruit talent than to coach good athletes into becoming great athletes. Isn't it their job to do that? Lazy....

No not their job. Their job is to manage the best kids they can and market them.
Whether you love the kid or for some reason detest him he is the Number 1 ranked player in the class it has been well documented the amount of offers which makes sense because he is the top ranked player. Syracuse was number 1 ranked team in the country when season ended so lets see the Top ranked #1 recruit went to the #1 ranked team in the country wow yet on this board its picking the JETS instead of the pats lolol weird.
people crack me up my son competes against this kid so I have no allegiance but this is crazy house. Lets talk about real stuff like dead period being extended and the rest of. our kids being screwed from prospect days
This conversation is kinda sad. Why so negative?

I agree. The kid is a super great kid. If you detest the Spallinas (adults) and 91 fine. But stop bashing the kid.
He is the best player in the country, obviously he could have gone to any school in the nation. Are you guys really trying to suggest any school including the Ivies have academic standards for the #1 player? Clearly you don’t know a lot of players at those schools and/or have not been through the recruiting process with a top player.

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits
Perhaps the spallinas just don't hold the sway that everyone on long island thinks they do .....yeah ok he could have gotten Into any school he wanted to and chose syracuse ....yup got it ,thanks for explaining
He is the best player in the country, obviously he could have gone to any school in the nation. Are you guys really trying to suggest any school including the Ivies have academic standards for the #1 player? Clearly you don’t know a lot of players at those schools and/or have not been through the recruiting process with a top player.

Pull or no pull top 3 or 4 players go wherever they want number 1 guy minus ivy goes wherever he wants. Don’t need “pull” when your the best player Like it or not
[quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

Terrible for this class and will impact fall lacrosse
[quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window

Pull or no pull top 3 or 4 players go wherever they want number 1 guy minus ivy goes wherever he wants. Don’t need “pull” when your the best player Like it or not

Congratulations to the kid and his parents. Those on here with the disparaging remarks should be embarrassed. Good for the kid, he is an excellent player and he was able to choose the school that he felt was best for him. Syracuse is an excellent school with a great lacrosse program.

Congratulations and good luck.

The kid on 91 who committed to Hopkins is a better accomplishment. He'll have a great future. Very difficult academic school with terrific reputation globally.
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/quote]

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.[/quote]

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits[/quote]

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again[/quote]

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window[/quote]

Wonder if next summer will be the same with the vaccine a year away

The kid on 91 who committed to Hopkins is a better accomplishment. He'll have a great future. Very difficult academic school with terrific reputation globally.

What an ignorant statement. You have no idea of what type of future any of these kids will have. Most of the Perennial Top 20 lacrosse programs are all excellent schools and if the players work hard and stay out of trouble they can all have great futures. I only mention the (Top 20) because the discussion was focused on Top Tier recruits and the majority of the top recruits choose to go to the Top 20 caliber programs.

Green is a tough color to wear.

Be happy for all of the kids who are able to find right fit. Your kids mental health and happiness are extremely important. Princeton was just ranked the #1 university for the 10th straight year... over the years I have seen players transfer out of Princeton while other players seem to love it there. To each his own.

What an ignorant statement. You have no idea of what type of future any of these kids will have. Most of the Perennial Top 20 lacrosse programs are all excellent schools and if the players work hard and stay out of trouble they can all have great futures. I only mention the (Top 20) because the discussion was focused on Top Tier recruits and the majority of the top recruits choose to go to the Top 20 caliber programs.

Green is a tough color to wear.

Be happy for all of the kids who are able to find right fit. Your kids mental health and happiness are extremely important. Princeton was just ranked the #1 university for the 10th straight year... over the years I have seen players transfer out of Princeton while other players seem to love it there. To each his own.

#1 recruit in country goes to the #1 ranked team in the country Makes sense to me This board does crack me up all these psycho parents because the kids actually all get along All tht said just concerned with getting my son some looks with the dead period as obviously you are too
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/

Dead period extended til Jan 1 terrible for 21,22 recruits[/quote]

NCAA is over reacting once again. Why extend this all the way to January? With all this I truly believe the spring is on jeopardy once again[/quote]

Wonder if next summer will be the same with the vaccine a year away[/quote]

Ridiculous
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/

Ridiculous[/quote]

Many schools said they are waiting to be able to watch in person. Now with this how does it change fall lacrosse ?
Anyone care to post results from today’s 2022 tournament?

The orange team looks pretty good, I guess
Posted By: Anonymous Adult amusement -
smile .
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Adult amusement -

21’s out there really suffer. Many 22’s have larger window

Ridiculous[/quote]

Many schools said they are waiting to be able to watch in person. Now with this how does it change fall lacrosse ?[/quote]

Film will remain important Clubs must make sure it is. good quality film
Smash 3-0
Igloo 2-1 Lost to smash
Rebels 2-1 Lost to express
Express 2-1 lost to smash
Legacy 2-1 lost to smash
United 1-2
Flg 0-3
Rush 0-3
Expected better from United since they've always got so much to say. Prime example of talk is cheap.
Expected better from United since they've always got so much to say. Prime example of talk is cheap.

Honestly, it’s at the point where it’s about contacts and connections. Look at the all the players that have left that since the creation of the Superteam. They left because there is no value to be on an independent club.
What happened to RUSH! I thought they were the new super team?

I heard new super team was East Coast Elite! picked up some United and Smash kids?

I guess we will find out this weekend ? They are playing some good competition on Sunday.

I heard new super team was East Coast Elite! picked up some United and Smash kids?

Who is East coast? Another new team looking for glory??
The Ducks! Half the coaches from the Ducks formed East coast elite the rest are Rush!
The Ducks! Half the coaches from the Ducks formed East coast elite the rest are Rush!

They are really a conglom of a bunch of teams with an excellent coaching staff. United , ducks, express,smash, empire players that have turned into something special. lets see!
Yes, these are the smart ones who decided not sit on the sideline and be a practice dummy.
What the heck are you talking about! Like these smaller clubs are any different then the big cookie cutter ones are Your dreaming!
How did United do yesterday in New Jersey?
What the heck are you talking about! Like these smaller clubs are any different then the big cookie cutter ones are Your dreaming!

nope not dreaming they are a great very talented group of kids enjoying each other playing lacrosse thats all !
United layed the usual egg. Poor kids have to step on the field for that character
East Coast has a Nice team. Not sure why they need to bring SMASH kids with them
United layed the usual egg. Poor kids have to step on the field for that character

They were over matched and his ego was shattered! I watched both games they lost and the other teams wanted it more
East Coast has a Nice team. Not sure why they need to bring SMASH kids with them

Bring? All the kids on that team actually play on the team. They took the smash players whos parents were sick of watching them sit and win t-shirts!
United bought in two middies and an attackman and sat the players who belong on the field. 30 kids on a club team is way too many
United bought in two middies and an attackman and sat the players who belong on the field. 30 kids on a club team is way too many

Time for a reboot ! Josh is a screamer but not a coach. All the yelling he did still didn't make them win !

By looking at the sideline they might have even more than 30. They have a ton of kids! These parents must be crazy to pay that guy to scream at their kids and in the end half sit and half play , so foolish!

How about too late now can’t move now. Club is over next summer for this grade. No in person stuff until at least January and who knows if that date holds. 30+ rosters makes exposure that much more difficult. You can probably save money on building a highlight reel, lol. Your son will have lotsa film for a cheerleading spot.

How about too late now can’t move now. Club is over next summer for this grade. No in person stuff until at least January and who knows if that date holds. 30+ rosters makes exposure that much more difficult. You can probably save money on building a highlight reel, lol. Your son will have lotsa film for a cheerleading spot.

25 is too many, 30?
I'm working with a goalie (not my son) in Maryland and wanted to see if anyone has a need or opening at the 2022 level. His local club ended in 8th grade and he was the varsity starter at a Mid-Atlantic boarding school his freshman year. He would come highly recommended for at least a look by a Centennial Conference coach. Any ideas?

25 is too many, 30?

But the practice is so good for my son playing against the best players.

25 is too many, 30?

There is your ansder.
Okay, so fair points about rosters. What are your thoughts be on a roster of an elite to get reps or be on a single A or B team and get the game reps. What’s better game reps or practice reps vs the best players. I understand both, but at this point in the process playing time is most important.
A lot of Smash commits so far. Another just committed to Hopkins.
Did the undisputed boys showcase take place this year?
Balsamo from Express commits to Duke
WOW!!!!! stop the madness!!!!! Who gives a flying *#@+
Since when is it okay to post kids names on here?
Why so angry . Go talk to a therapist.
Guy,relax . There was talk on the thread about kids locally who committed recently . If you don't like it don't come on here . Or is this thread reserved only for 91 brainless dads?
Since when is it okay to post kids names on here?

I think there is a distinction when its just an informational post ( BOTC will probably put up there own announcement in a few days about the commitment) rather than an insult or evaluation of skill or lack thereof.
Any kid going to Duke to play lax is a newsworthy event.. congrats to him.
I would agree with you , except for there was nothing negative said about a kid . Just stating that one of the top players in the grade committed that's all . It's positive news .
So the kid who just committed to Hopkins and the head coaches kid from smash were tired of sitting? Funny.
For the record, I would never use the word stunad- lame how the moderators and admin edit our posts
Not talking about you. Talking about the guy who said "who gives a flying ....." . Relax
For the record, I would never use the word stunad- lame how the moderators and admin edit our posts
Lol, I had no idea stunad was an edit. I thought it was somehow a big lax term just not used in my area.
WOW!!!!! stop the madness!!!!! Who cares

Obviously not you, but for the people who know the kid and how hard he works we say CONGRATULATIONS !! Well deserved !!!!
So the kid who just committed to Hopkins and the head coaches kid from smash were tired of sitting? Funny.

Sounds like you were on the losing end of the United game last weekend, go with Josh and cry in your beer !
Is the Team 91 (NY) that is playing in DE this weekend same as Team 91 Smash? My younger son is playing as well and I'd love to watch them in between our games.
Is the Team 91 (NY) that is playing in DE this weekend same as Team 91 Smash? My younger son is playing as well and I'd love to watch them in between our games.

I believe that they only have one team at the 2022 age , im not positive.

Yes, it was Smash (with a few injury replacements/buddies)

Yes. This seems to be a new norm of the 91 when they are missing a few kids (from their top team). They will bring up a few kids and then just call the the team “Team 91” instead of by the actual team name. They do this, god forbid they lose they can say it wasn’t really the top team. They recently did this with machine a few weeks ago as well

Got over with my 2026 son to watch for 20 min. Spallina and 21 looked great. That's a talented group

Sounds like you were on the losing end of the United game last weekend, go with Josh and cry in your beer !

This has gone on for years and years

25 is too many, 30?

There is your ansder.

More than 24 is a mess not sure how express does it with 30plus

25 is too many, 30?

There is your ansder.

More than 24 is a mess not sure how express does it with 30plus

None of you want to hear this but imagine when your child goes to college when the numbers are even greater and everyone is all something. Reality is these top teams with big rosters will prepare a kid better to play college and challenge for playing time rather have mommy and daddy whining about how many players are on a roster. Just a fact of life. Its coming quicker than you think.

Got over with my 2026 son to watch for 20 min. Spallina and 21 looked great. That's a talented group

Most of the kids that committed are not looking to play and possibly get hurt. So you will see a varied roster .
anyone see Channys team playing? I havent heard much out of that camp
Who is going to project 9 this weekend???
2022 men’s Goalie looking for a team! E-mail Waffenpanther@aol.com

Who care's ?? They are not nearly the team they were !

Why?
Little late in the game dude!

Driving down Friday morning. Anyone else doing the same?

Why?

Have you watched them lately? CoachC's team is not near as good as they use to be. Now with all the commits all their best players will be sitting out the rest of the year they will me mediocre at best.

Enjoy your $1,300 credit card bill.

Why?

Have you watched them lately? CoachC's team is not near as good as they use to be. Now with all the commits all their best players will be sitting out the rest of the year they will me mediocre at best.

What are you talking about. They still went 2-1 losing by 1 in the only event they played in this fall. Fact is players are going through the recruitment process right now. See you in November hater.

WHY do you care how other people choose to spend their money???? Worry about your own money!

WHY do you care how other people choose to spend their money???? Worry about your own money!

They are playing against igloo and a few other teams this weekend so we will see how that goes before bashing them!
PrimeTime '22 beat Express and Igloo this morning by 5-6 goals apiece.
Both express and igloo missing key players today.
All teams missing key people. Prime Time missing boarding school kids who can’t leave school too. Doesn’t erase the scores.
This no spectator protocol is annoying. We can wear masks and stay 6 feet apart outdoors. Not that hard. Just enforce it.
I agree, just enforce it

So is Prime Time the new top '22 team or is it still Smash??

I'm sure they will play each other and settle that notIntelligent argument sometime this year.
So that’s about the upper 3/4 D1s have close to 300 committed. Not a lot spots left and the window is shrinking.
Early commits doesn't mean anything! Lots of top players get recruited their senior year. If you read the back ground of some of the most gifted like Rob Pannell D1 colleges didn't even give him a second look because he was a late bloomer. Ask college coaches how many early commits self destruct, no thank you for my son!
When do the D2s and D3s really start getting going? Assume a bit later this year as still working on 21s?
Early commits doesn't mean anything! Lots of top players get recruited their senior year. If you read the back ground of some of the most gifted like Rob Pannell D1 colleges didn't even give him a second look because he was a late bloomer. Ask college coaches how many early commits self destruct, no thank you for my son!

Yes, during normal years. But it sounds like rosters are filled with extra eligibility players. Now comes the conversation do you go for a lower D1 to play D1 or the Top D2 or D3 school. Let’s just say you can likely take Virginia, Hopkins and NC etc off the list.

I'm sure they will play each other and settle that notIntelligent argument sometime this year.

well it looks to me like primetime is the real deal! They beat CoachC Express AGAIN !
Where do you find upcoming individual showcases?
Is the LI Elite Igloo tournament on this weekend, heard teams are dropping out.
Where do you find upcoming individual showcases?

try here

https://www.wackylax.com/prospect-showcases
When lax fans have to hear bragging about how he played 2 years up, when in reality he’s a hold back, people get negative. He played up and with probably two generational players. His best years at Cuse will be freshman and sophomore year when Scanlan takes the pressure off of him. If he doesn’t win a championship 1st two years it’s not happening...the 2nd coming of Jojo.
When lax fans have to hear bragging about how he played 2 years up, when in reality he’s a hold back, people get negative. He played up and with probably two generational players. His best years at Cuse will be freshman and sophomore year when Scanlan takes the pressure off of him. If he doesn’t win a championship 1st two years it’s not happening...the 2nd coming of Jojo.

Takes a lot to do this on this board but whattttttt the cuse recruiting class headlined by this player who whether it was one year or two played up( i was unsure if he was held back or not) is the top rated recruiting class and he is the top rated player in class No one can predict beyond their freshman year how good they’ll be because No one knows who their 23,24,25 classss are If they are similar to 22 class they’ll be final 4 for four years He is a fantastic player must admit I was skeptical but watching all summer compete in same events as my son I am a Big believer and I usually don’t like Long Island people 😃

well it looks to me like primetime is the real deal! They beat CoachC Express AGAIN !

Never know which express you are playing

Why?

What are you talking about. They still went 2-1 losing by 1 in the only event they played in this fall. Fact is players are going through the recruitment process right now. See you in November hater.

How many people will be hiding in the trees tomorrow to watch their kids

The jealousy is real...

He’s a good kid that works his tail off and is a top player no matter the age.

I Guess the Preds are the top dog now, the just beat PT 9-4 and BBL black 8-6
Rebels 3-0 with wins over Igloo, Legacy and United. Wins over last few months over BBL and Express CoachC also. Not the top dog, but they can best anyone.
Don't get to cocky sparky with your power ranger helmets, or will have to have Smash slap you down by double digits!
Rebels 3-0 with wins over Igloo, Legacy and United. Wins over last few months over BBL and Express CoachC also. Not the top dog, but they can best anyone.
After 91 rebels best on LI
After 91 rebels best on LI

Probably a toss up for 2nd best. But Rebels/Legacy/Igloo/Express all there
NO WAY Rebels are up there! I've seen them get killed by Legacy in the last tournament! They are weak on Defense and Attack. Can't compete with top teams yet !
So they can not Compete with legacy but beat them yesterday. Please explain
Don't get to cocky sparky with your power ranger helmets, or will have to have Smash slap you down by double digits!

I like it!! Have Sal invite the Preds out to the island for a play day, I would love to see those 2 teams get after it
NO WAY Rebels are up there! I've seen them get killed by Legacy in the last tournament! They are weak on Defense and Attack. Can't compete with top teams yet !

Strange response to a post about them beating Igloo, Legacy, and United YESTERDAY. Beat up BBL elite a few week prior too.
I heard Legacy fell off a bit! Did some kids leave or something?
True blue
True blue

True WHO?
True blue

True Blue is a very solid team. Good on both sides of the ball, very fast!

where in your dreams ?
True blue

True WHO?

You could not be more wrong, they are a very good team well coached and very solid up and down the roster!

It depends on which kids show up, they rent player from the Hawks and other teams.
True blue

True WHO?

You could not be more wrong, they are a very good team well coached and very solid up and down the roster!

Garbage team that plays in garbage tournaments.
Garbage? C'mon --not every team is National Elite---this team is well coached ---at least 4 D1 commits right now----and a few pretty good players ---Garbage? True Blue is an honest program --not a $$$ grab like some others--coaches work their tails off --practices are well scripted and team improves after each session together---Garbage?----there are many short sighted people in the lacrosse world ---
Garbage? C'mon --not every team is National Elite---this team is well coached ---at least 4 D1 commits right now----and a few pretty good players ---Garbage? True Blue is an honest program --not a $$$ grab like some others--coaches work their tails off --practices are well scripted and team improves after each session together---Garbage?----there are many short sighted people in the lacrosse world ---

I agree we played you guys and RmTrue Blue is a solid team no doubt. Whoever said garbage probably has a kid on some B team wishing his kid played at that level.
So I guess the Rebels are exactly what everyone but the parents thought they were a good A team but definetly not a AA team. Going 0-3 today says it all. Stop with all the top team talk!
Rebels are a good lacrosse team. They are just on the cusp of being very good and of AA caliber. They have 2 phenomenal goalies, kids hustle and play hard. There is a lot of teams on the island, it’s to bad it took so long for this team to come together as it’s almost over. Best of luck to all the players in the recruiting process!!
Preds
their are two things holding this Rebels team back. One, coaches kids automatically get to play on the team (both coaches are jerks)! Two, they put their kids school friends on the team!

It depends on which kids show up, they rent player from the Hawks and other teams.

If you watched them yesterday they have not fallen off at all still a very good team with rented players !
So I guess the Rebels are exactly what everyone but the parents thought they were a good A team but definetly not a AA team. Going 0-3 today says it all. Stop with all the top team talk!

They were asked to play last minute and had 15-16 kids, missing a few of their big guns and top kids. Pretty good effort for the amount they were missing.

Unlike other teams, rebels don’t change their team name when missing kids.

They were asked to play last minute and had 15-16 kids, missing a few of their big guns and top kids. Pretty good effort for the amount they were missing.

Then why did they change names from Outlaws to Rebels?

All teams are missing players here and there at this age. One thing I can say is when I watched the rebels play last weekend against Igloo and got to see them play Legacy. That roster is definitely a AA roster. Don't think that team is losing to Blue Star lol.
At this age it's not the team but how good the player is! Colleges are recruiting individuals not the team! And stop the bull garbage with the AA stuff, it's A or B !
At this age it's not the team but how good the player is! Colleges are recruiting individuals not the team! And stop the bull garbage with the AA stuff, it's A or B !

Bottomline is that at this age. at this level all these kids are good enough to be here and any team can win or lose any given weekend. As far as whos best my answer is WHO CARES! Worry about your kid

Bottomline is that at this age. at this level all these kids are good enough to be here and any team can win or lose any given weekend. As far as whos best my answer is WHO CARES! Worry about your kid

Are the NLF events this weekend cancelled? What about Fall Classic?

Then why did they change names from Outlaws to Rebels?

It's like he walked right into that one. Ouch.

NLF cxld. I think it’s the prudent move.

Nobody is looking for your opinion Democrat.
NXT Boys Philly Showcase seems to be still on for Sat. Here anything different or updated on this?

Nobody is looking for your opinion Democrat.

As of 8am this morning fall classic is still. I texted guy running it and its all good as of now.
New Jersey’s new restrictions go into effect Monday
New Jersey’s new restrictions go into effect Monday

what are they?
Outdoor gatherings 150
Indoor 10
How common are holdbacks in NY? I grew up on LI and my buddy says it doesn't happen at all. I'm sure it happens less than down south but I'm also sure that it happens.
In the ten years my son played it really didn't happen! But if your team was playing against some stiff competition we would have guest players from the better age team or one grade above play with us! My son was small for his age when he was younger and did it a lot with the B team!
OK so Rebels go 0-3 again and we're still gonna call them good? I say they are overrated!
Rebels moved into AA division, Would crush all in other divisions
How common are holdbacks in NY? I grew up on LI and my buddy says it doesn't happen at all. I'm sure it happens less than down south but I'm also sure that it happens.

Lots of holdbacks here. Some are even “famous” here
In the ten years my son played it really didn't happen! But if your team was playing against some stiff competition we would have guest players from the better age team or one grade above play with us! My son was small for his age when he was younger and did it a lot with the B team!

Plenty of holdbacks in Long Island. Including the most recent number one recruit in the country

Top 3 on LI
Stop Rebels Dads! Your making fools of yourselves! You are a B+ team just like when you were called Outlaws Select! Get over it and move on you've lost your last six games!
These kids are done with club next summer. Aren’t you exhausted from all the years of nonsense. How about we just talk about recruiting and how to navigate Covid and the recruiting process. For example, tips some may have on video, showcases feedback, emailing coaches, etc. let’s focus on the this at this point, not if a team is B+ team, really? Maybe the moderator can open a thread dedicated just to recruiting for people to share perspectives since September 1 and what has worked and what is frustrating you all.

Plenty of holdbacks in Long Island. Including the most recent number one recruit in the country

Yeah the whole family is a bunch of cheats starting at the top with a fake tan and shiny white teeth.

With colleges giving all their players an additional year many current high school players will be forced to PG a year as rosters will be over crowded
Stop Rebels Dads! Your making fools of yourselves! You are a B+ team just like when you were called Outlaws Select! Get over it and move on you've lost your last six games!

After 91 please tell me who is better than Rebels and take JS kid off 91 and there isn’t much of a difference. Our kids have shown very well against the best teams and that is a fact
These kids are done with club next summer. Aren’t you exhausted from all the years of nonsense. How about we just talk about recruiting and how to navigate Covid and the recruiting process. For example, tips some may have on video, showcases feedback, emailing coaches, etc. let’s focus on the this at this point, not if a team is B+ team, really? Maybe the moderator can open a thread dedicated just to recruiting for people to share perspectives since September 1 and what has worked and what is frustrating you all.

Spot on here. All the young kid BS is gone The energy spent on who has a better team is laughable

Go to the 2026 board and the LI dads there claim that it NEVER happens on LI. They must not be in the know.

Top 3 on LI

I'm gonna say I dont think so. They are a sold B+ or A- team but cannot hang in the "AA" bracket. Not a bad thing but some teams just need to learn their place !
Rebels didn’t move up to AA division
Smash dropped out
The director picked the best B team to play up
Father of a 2026 here. Do you see more recruiting from your son playing with his HS team or from when he's playing club?
Father of a 2026 here. Do you see more recruiting from your son playing with his HS team or from when he's playing club?

Club.....our HS coach helps a little but it’s almost all club.
Wouldn’t that be the same as moving up to the AA division? Lost by 3 to prime time and express north, and leading edge better than those 2 and it was a game until the final minutes. I’d say that is a good showing. All these NLF teams are supposed to be so dominant. They’re not. Maybe smash is but 2-20 teams are all the same. Rebels can beat all of them and lose to all of them.
So answer this question: besides smash who is better on Long Island than rebels? Express-probably igloo-no legacy-no united-no. Soo gues the only AA teams on Long Island are 91 and maybe express. I guess Long Island lacrosse isn’t good anymore. Lol.
If Rebels are not AA express is not either Express lost many many games this summer and fall to sub par teams

and with private school, head coach as well.

Club, but depends on the club. Some of these clubs don’t have a network big enough and the ones that do, you better be a starter on the top team. Otherwise the recruiting falls on you.

Club, but depends on the club. Some of these clubs don’t have a network big enough and the ones that do, you better be a starter on the top team. Otherwise the recruiting falls on you.

Club year coaches are key from the experience with my son. Do they know the college coaches well? is your team at the right showcase tournaments playing top level? How committed are your coaches to making sure they go to bat for your kid vs. just looking at players are $ signs? Critical questions to ask and if you have this do not hop clubs. Hope this helps.

Club year coaches are key from the experience with my son. Do they know the college coaches well? is your team at the right showcase tournaments playing top level? How committed are your coaches to making sure they go to bat for your kid vs. just looking at players are $ signs? Critical questions to ask and if you have this do not hop clubs. Hope this helps.

Having been through the recruitment cycle with my older son and now going through with my middle guy. I can honestly say. Every situation is different. I’ve seen kids jump from club to club some it helped and some it hurt Depends on the kid and the club. Top clubs get kids recruited, they care about the top team first. Their second team kids get recruited but they are last on the list. The “B” clubs get kids recruited. There are recruiting teams that get kids recruited. There are so many options out there. First you need to be honest about your kids abilities. Then you need to do the leg work on your own. Individual showcases matter. Prospect days matter. Your film matters Some club coaches and directors are very helpful others not so much. Coaches and directors connection and reputation matter. HS coaches matter. All college coaches call them for their opinion
Grades matter!!!!!! Make sure your son is doing their best!! Pick a school for academic reasons. Not lacrosse.
Ask questions with your club and HS coaches. Get their opinions. Good luck!!!
All I’ll say is...if your son is not recruited at this point, you must do the work. They either haven’t seen your son play in person and need to because the film wasn’t enough or there is reason like grades, etc. so now it’s on you. Just facts because if you look at the inside lacrosse 2022 commit list there is about 250 2022s committed so far. So you probably want to start looking D2 and D3, not to say D1 is done by any stretch, because they will commit well into Senior year, but you need to start looking at every level and have a game plan. D2 and D3 is not like you’re settling, it’s still a high level of lacrosse at those levels.

After 91 please tell me who is better than Rebels and take JS kid off 91 and there isn’t much of a difference. Our kids have shown very well against the best teams and that is a fact

A true AA team will have great success is getting kids recruited. It will not matter if the Rebels or any other 2022 team is AA or a top five team if the director can’t get the players recruited. Are any of the 22 Rebels committed? Where? What is being done by your director to help in recruiting? If Express, 91, Igloo, Legacy and even FLG get more kids recruited into better colleges does it really matter if your kid played AA in high school. The true test will be where all the kids go to college. Hearing that 22 Rebels parents are not happy with how recruiting has gone so far. Could mean the parents are overrating the talent. Best advise Is stop claiming AA status because is does not matter if your kid is not happy where he lands to play college lacrosse. Let’s see where the Rebels players go to play college lacrosse. That will be the true test if they really are AA.
I give MB credit for starting his own club, but if you are going to start a new program you have to start from scratch. That means not just carrying teams over from Outlaws but having tryouts and taking the best kids to build a team! That turned us off to play for them! And the schedule were every weekend your in Delaware or Maryland is way too expensive! P.S. And Daddy coaching!
What ten years are you talking....
I give MB credit for starting his own club, but if you are going to start a new program you have to start from scratch. That means not just carrying teams over from Outlaws but having tryouts and taking the best kids to build a team! That turned us off to play for them! And the schedule were every weekend your in Delaware or Maryland is way too expensive! P.S. And Daddy coaching!

Almost all their teams started from scratch and are pretty darn good, definitely the most up and coming club. Have a kid on 2 of teams (including 22) and both get a lot!
That's a bunch of garbage! I don't know about the younger teams but 2023 threw 2021 were the top teams from the Outlaws! PB jumped ship and took those teams over to the Rebels complete with the coaches and gutted what talent was left of the Outlaws! Now that club is just a shell of what he spent years building! It may not have been the best club but they got alot of of kids recruited!
That's a bunch of garbage! I don't know about the younger teams but 2023 threw 2021 were the top teams from the Outlaws! PB jumped ship and took those teams over to the Rebels complete with the coaches and gutted what talent was left of the Outlaws! Now that club is just a shell of what he spent years building! It may not have been the best club but they got alot of of kids recruited!

This is a business for these guys. It happens in every industry. Workers leave and start out on their own. When they leave they take customers to the new business. After you start a new business you must produce to keep those customers. Rebels 2021 had great success with recruiting. I hear the Rebels did nothing to help those kids. They happened to have some talented players that got recruited on their own. Now the Rebels take credit for that success. They then tell customers how great they are at recruiting. From the low numbers of 2022 Rebels that have been recruited so far it looks like they will need to have some help to get recruited. If the Rebels don’t help these kids word will get out that the Rebels do nothing to help with recruiting and they will loose business. People will leave for other clubs. That is what happened to the Outlaws and the same will probably happen to the Rebels in the future.

This is a business for these guys. It happens in every industry. Workers leave and start out on their own. When they leave they take customers to the new business. After you start a new business you must produce to keep those customers. Rebels 2021 had great success with recruiting. I hear the Rebels did nothing to help those kids. They happened to have some talented players that got recruited on their own. Now the Rebels take credit for that success. They then tell customers how great they are at recruiting. From the low numbers of 2022 Rebels that have been recruited so far it looks like they will need to have some help to get recruited. If the Rebels don’t help these kids word will get out that the Rebels do nothing to help with recruiting and they will loose business. People will leave for other clubs. That is what happened to the Outlaws and the same will probably happen to the Rebels in the future.

Once a sheister, always a sheister.
How do you get on a showcase team, any in this area
How has everyone, not a parent of a 4 star etc, been navigating recruiting. What are some successful things you have done to aide the process for example, club involvement, film, showcase, etc
Now somebody brings up a subject worth talking about and crickets!
How do you get on a showcase team, any in this area

Payola, Politics and Cronyism. You don't have to be the best on the team.
dont worry ratings mean nothing plenty of kids that did not attend any inside lacrosse events better then some of those 4 star rated players lists are bs and college coaches know that my son did not attend any showecases and was recuited pretty quick
dont worry ratings mean nothing plenty of kids that did not attend any inside lacrosse events better then some of those 4 star rated players lists are bs and college coaches know that my son did not attend any showecases and was recuited pretty quick

Same here. My older son did not play for Express, 91 or Igloo and did not even attend prospect camps but had many calls on September 1 with offers. Some Ivy League offers ahead of ranked players from top teams. He did not have a ranking either. Never attended those events to get the ranking. I believe if you want a ranking you could pay for it at this point. Best advice would be to make sure your son fills out each college he is interested in questionnaire which you can find online. Also send a video with an email to each coach of the college he is interested in. Despite the luck that my son had It is good to go to Prospect camps if they will be holding them.

Good luck.
If it gets any thicker on here I'm gonna have to put on my hip boots! Your so full of garbage your eyes are brown!
If it gets any thicker on here I'm gonna have to put on my hip boots! Your so full of garbage your eyes are brown!

Best compliment is when one tells the truth and it is NOT believed because the non believer can’t do it. Thanks.
Yeah we've heard that my older son story a hundred times! Let me guess, you found your kid in a crashed space ship and he had pajamas on with a big S on the front!
Yeah we've heard that my older son story a hundred times! Let me guess, you found your kid in a crashed space ship and he had pajamas on with a big S on the front!

The way I see it the post gave useful advise and is talking about the older son as a reference point to show the guy did it before. It shows what he did worked. Read the post again without a doubting mind. It gives good advise. Where is your advice to others? I bet most people did not know how important it is to fill out the questioners. Everyone knows about videos and emails but not filling out the questioners. People appreciate the advice but not those who attack the one who are trying to help others. Keep the advise coming!!!
Here is some advice - don’t have spelling and grammatical errors in your questionnaire!
Here is some advice - don’t have spelling and grammatical errors in your questionnaire!

Actually spelling and grammar errors are fine. I would not be worried if it wasn’t perfect. Because there are parents, and you you know it, that review and edit correspondence with coaches. Don’t you think they know after 10,000 emails and texts if it’s a parent or some 16 year old. It’s okay not to be perfect.
So it looks like the D1 recruiting is mostly done until the summer for this class and there will be D1 commits right through Sr year, but it will be very selective. The first wave is through. So what are the next steps for those who didn’t get that D1 look?
So it looks like the D1 recruiting is mostly done until the summer for this class and there will be D1 commits right through Sr year, but it will be very selective. The first wave is through. So what are the next steps for those who didn’t get that D1 look?

Keep working!! When the season starts back up, hopefully coaches will be allowed to attend events. Get in front of the coaches that your son wants to play for. Yes the big programs are pretty much done but Plenty of D 1 spots are still open on the lower end. D2 and D3 are still finishing their 21 class.
I've read this board for 8 years and this is my first post. I was compelled to write because of the sincerity of parents looking for a realistic pathway to play D1 lax.

For those that did not get D1 looks, here are the options: Post Graduate year, consider teams in bottom half of D1, Top D2, D3 schools and Community College. Send video to Coaches at targeted schools and follow up with attending Prospect Days when they become available. You will know if your son is a D1 player when D1 coaches speak with him. It really is that simple. Painful but true.

At the same time Academics play a huge role. Your son may be valuable to a Program if their GPA and SAT are above average compared to the schools acceptance data. If your son is focused on D1 lacrosse and has the size, speed and athleticism (not skill, that can be taught) according to an objective evaluation invest in an SAT Tutor. A coach may be able to use your son's academics to pull in a stud with an SAT/GPA too low to gain admission by averaging the two applications. Increasing an SAT score is likely to increase academic money which is much more bountiful than lax scholarships. Lax scholarships are mostly offered to nationally ranked players which does not apply to the players we are discussing.

I feel bad for your kid. I guess he is not getting the calls YOU wanted. My advise to you is not to attend the parent meeting with the coaching staff. If you do choose to attend please say nothing.
I've read this board for 8 years and this is my first post. I was compelled to write because of the sincerity of parents looking for a realistic pathway to play D1 lax.

For those that did not get D1 looks, here are the options: Post Graduate year, consider teams in bottom half of D1, Top D2, D3 schools and Community College. Send video to Coaches at targeted schools and follow up with attending Prospect Days when they become available. You will know if your son is a D1 player when D1 coaches speak with him. It really is that simple. Painful but true.

At the same time Academics play a huge role. Your son may be valuable to a Program if their GPA and SAT are above average compared to the schools acceptance data. If your son is focused on D1 lacrosse and has the size, speed and athleticism (not skill, that can be taught) according to an objective evaluation invest in an SAT Tutor. A coach may be able to use your son's academics to pull in a stud with an SAT/GPA too low to gain admission by averaging the two applications. Increasing an SAT score is likely to increase academic money which is much more bountiful than lax scholarships. Lax scholarships are mostly offered to nationally ranked players which does not apply to the players we are discussing.

I agree with this. One thing I would add is if your kid did not get a call yet from any D1 school it is not over. Follow the advice above but continue with targeting mid level and lower/high end D1 programs. 2021 Friend of ours had no D1 calls until this past October and committed to a top 30 lacrosse program. Great academic school too.

Thanks a great post. I personally feel that a low D1 school is a tough choice unless your son is in love with the school and area of study. Then no-brainer. However, kids do pick the program first and at this point the best programs are D2 and D3. So it is an interesting choice, D1 with a program that isn’t that successful vs a D2 or D3 program that is nationally ranked. I bet a lot kids must be wrestling with this scenario right now.

So sound off, which do you think is the best choice?

Thanks a great post. I personally feel that a low D1 school is a tough choice unless your son is in love with the school and area of study. Then no-brainer. However, kids do pick the program first and at this point the best programs are D2 and D3. So it is an interesting choice, D1 with a program that isn’t that successful vs a D2 or D3 program that is nationally ranked. I bet a lot kids must be wrestling with this scenario right now.

You don’t pick a school for a lacrosse program. You choose for fit. One thing about most D1 programs is they offer great academic support. D3 most do not. Not sure about D2. So pick the school that is the best fit socially and in academics.
It may not be a tough choice initially because the school is D1 and it's really exciting. What's tough is losing 50 plus games over a 4 year period and having the motivation and discipline to lift, eat properly and limit social life.

There is no blanket answer on what Division to play lacrosse. My takeaways are to push forward with D1 and for parents to start to consider teams outside of D1 and communicate it to their son.

Many top D2/D3 /Community Colleges ramp up recruiting in the fall after their target players are not being recruited by the top 50% of D1 programs. So, it is a good idea to visit the D2/3 schools and speak with the coaches in the summer.
It sounds like based on the responses that it is good to start D2 and D3 reach outs now, Considering so many 2022s have committed. Somebody said over 250 commits so far.

I think you really have to evaluate this from school to school. My brother went to Wagner college over 20 years ago. It was D 1 men’s program. However, when he was there their head coach wasn’t even a full time employee. He was a grad assistant. Which means they kids had a new coach every 2 years. As a result the team got crushed and my brother was miserable. I’m sure things are different now but you get my point. In my opinion you are much better off going to an elite D2 school than a bottom of the barrel D1 program. Of course this all being that he loves that same D2 school.
I've been playing this game for over one hundred years! Way back when I went to school with Ben franklin! I made my first stick out of a branch and some vines! I know everything about everything, I stand on the side line with my big fat belly and my Starbucks coffee while my son scores two hundred goals a game! I'm writing his post because sharing is caring!

I think you really have to evaluate this from school to school. My brother went to Wagner college over 20 years ago. It was D 1 men’s program. However, when he was there their head coach wasn’t even a full time employee. He was a grad assistant. Which means they kids had a new coach every 2 years. As a result the team got crushed and my brother was miserable. I’m sure things are different now but you get my point. In my opinion you are much better off going to an elite D2 school than a bottom of the barrel D1 program. Of course this all being that he loves that same D2 school.

Very simple.... help your son pick the best situation for them The decision should be based on which school will be best for him. Which school will challenge him and get him ready for the next phase of his life. It’s not just about lacrosse it’s about preparing for the future.

Very simple.... help your son pick the best situation for them The decision should be based on which school will be best for him. Which school will challenge him and get him ready for the next phase of his life. It’s not just about lacrosse; it’s about preparing for the future.

It could be simple; unfortunately, many parents put lacrosse before their child's education. College is a big business; many fail to realize that not every child needs to attend. Nevertheless, if you are one of those parents pushing your kid to attend college just to play lacrosse, you are doing them a huge disservice.

100% agree. You have to consider the school and the program. No disrespect to schools that are low end D1, but it’s not one or the other. It’s a balance. For example, if the academics were similar, do you pick low D1 vs top 10 D2 or D3?
So navigating recruiting is becoming so confusing. I know D1 schools are still recruiting, but I gotta believe they are becoming very selective.

100% agree. You have to consider the school and the program. No disrespect to schools that are low end D1, but it’s not one or the other. It’s a balance. For example, if the academics were similar, do you pick low D1 vs top 10 D2 or D3?

Send videos and emails to D1 , D2 and D3. You never know what school will be a good fit until you visit and ask questions. Something to consider is that most D1 programs give a lot of academic support. Of course some give none. D3 is the opposite. They give very little academic support. As a result, a D1 program that may not be as good in academics may be a better fit than a high academic D3 school because many D1 schools give a lot of academic support. Don’t limit the schools. Contact and if invited visit as many as possible that have a chance to be a good fit.

Send videos and emails to D1 , D2 and D3. You never know what school will be a good fit until you visit and ask questions. Something to consider is that most D1 programs give a lot of academic support. Of course some give none. D3 is the opposite. They give very little academic support. As a result, a D1 program that may not be as good in academics may be a better fit than a high academic D3 school because many D1 schools give a lot of academic support. Don’t limit the schools. Contact and if invited visit as many as possible that have a chance to be a good fit.

I agree send film to as many schools as your son is potentially interested in. It’s just a conversation. At this point you should not just be sending emails to D1 schools, even if your son is having a dialogue. Chances are that school is talking to several kids for a few spots. And then what when your son doesn’t make the cut?
Doesn’t seem like much is going on commitment wise.
I fear that college athletics will begin to contract severely, especially if they cancel spring sport seasons again. How long can they keep these non income producing programs afloat?
I fear that college athletics will begin to contract severely, especially if they cancel spring sport seasons again. How long can they keep these non income producing programs afloat?

It is a risk. Commit and then the program is suspended

The scam that college is could clearly afford to carry these sports....

This is why you use your lacrosse talent to get a higher education. Lacrosse is only played for so long, get to a spot that sets you up for future success.

This is why you use your lacrosse talent to get a higher education. Lacrosse is only played for so long, get to a spot that sets you up for future success.

You have it wrong. They would love to have football and basketball and an excuse to cancel the spring sports which are nothing but a cost center.
Completely WRONG !!!!! Mens Lacrosse will be playing in Spring ACC ,BIG 10 , PAtriot league IVY is a wild card possibly they only play amongst themselves

You have it wrong. They would love to have football and basketball and an excuse to cancel the spring sports which are nothing but a cost center.
Consider how much revenue the school makes when you have 50+ kids getting no athletic money, generally from higher income families with good grades coming to your school who otherwise might not. There is at least one DIII school who I know awards a bonus for every kid the team carries. Needless to say the roster is huge.

IMHO there is going be less spots for the 2022s and likely the 2023s until the extra eligibility and the impact of the pandemic cycles through. Won’t be an impact to the top 100 players or so, but for other kids looking for D3 and D2 spots, there will be impact.

IMHO there is going be less spots for the 2022s and likely the 2023s until the extra eligibility and the impact of the pandemic cycles through. Won’t be an impact to the top 100 players or so, but for other kids looking for D3 and D2 spots, there will be impact.

Besides the top players in the country or players on teams with a shot at a National Championship, how many players will take the extra year of eligibility.
I totally agree with he original post. Since 2nd grade and a reclass is a long time. School lax is much more fun to watch.
Utah is carrying 60 players! So there are more spots!

BUT SURELY LESS Money.
The 2022 2023 2024 class will all affected by this pandemic recruiting you all have to realize the scholarship gets readjusted back to 12.6 and then you will have many top IVy recruits with an extra year of eligibility and that in turn eats up scholarship dollars. Then it becomes a trickle down effect kids transfer from top program to lesser program to play more and that in turn affects your recruiting . I do think this is going to be very difficult for recruits to find places with the amount of kids on a team the top programs will be taking less recruits that is a fact . If you are a speciality player example faceoff , goalie it is going to be even harder ......
Utah is carrying 60 players! So there are more spots!

BUT SURELY LESS Money.

Utah has 42 players.
The 2022 2023 2024 class will all affected by this pandemic recruiting you all have to realize the scholarship gets readjusted back to 12.6 and then you will have many top IVy recruits with an extra year of eligibility and that in turn eats up scholarship dollars. Then it becomes a trickle down effect kids transfer from top program to lesser program to play more and that in turn affects your recruiting . I do think this is going to be very difficult for recruits to find places with the amount of kids on a team the top programs will be taking less recruits that is a fact . If you are a speciality player example faceoff , goalie it is going to be even harder ......

If your son is being recruited by a school, look online at the roster size.
Lax Nationals?
What about it?
https://lilaxjournal.com/2021/02/12/_top2022/
I am not going to name names of kids but some real obvious jokes in there.

The CNN on LI Lax Media.
I am not going to name names of kids but some real obvious jokes in there.

Big time. I wonder who makes these "rankings". Lol
winkoff is a total donk off list is a joke
Laughable. For Love of The Greed $$$$. Pay me Ill put your name on my blog/site. Must have learned that from the private schools.( pay me through my club u will play) LOL...CNN on LI Lax Media is a great line...

Is this a Winkoff scam?
Laughable. For Love of The Greed $$$$. Pay me Ill put your name on my blog/site. Must have learned that from the private schools.( pay me through my club u will play) LOL...CNN on LI Lax Media is a great line...

Manhasset and Garden City families pay top dollar.
winkoff is a total donk off list is a joke

Somebody was drinking and taking donations while that list was being created

Manhasset and GC also the most talented and deepest teams year after year. how is that surprising???
if your Bobby isn’t on the list and deserves to be, ask your coach why he didn’t nominate him???

Manhasset and GC also the most talented and deepest teams year after year. how is that surprising???
if your Bobby isn’t on the list and deserves to be, ask your coach why he didn’t nominate him???

You think you're doing these parents a favor by ranking their kids where they clearly don't belong but all you're doing is embarrassing the kids. Most parents/kids know how the rankings should go and see very clearly the outliers. There are a few that are soooo obvious. It's taking a lot of self control to not name them. Lol.

You think you're doing these parents a favor by ranking their kids where they clearly don't belong but all you're doing is embarrassing the kids. Most parents/kids know how the rankings should go and see very clearly the outliers. There are a few that are soooo obvious. It's taking a lot of self control to not name them. Lol.

College Coaches know that’s why the best players are COMMITTED. Who cares what these two clowns think.

College Coaches know that’s why the best players are COMMITTED. Who cares what these two clowns think.
Most players on that list are comited bitter dad

Most players on that list are comited bitter dad

Its a different recruiting world now, if your not Committed already most likely you wont be or try a PG year.

How and who makes up the list????

Is this a Winkoff scam?

Is this a Winkoff scam?

Absolutely. And one can see who paid for the write ups. They’re typically very good players but very selfish and focused on themselves to get recruited. Typically the non team player who focus on themselves to get points. The ball hogs. That’s how one player is looked at in our community anyway.

Is this a Winkoff scam?

Is this a Winkoff scam?

Absolutely. And one can see who paid for the write ups. They’re typically very good players but very selfish and focused on themselves to get recruited. Typically the non team player who focus on themselves to get points. The ball hogs. That’s how one player is looked at in our community anyway.

There’s a write up that literally only mentions that the kid is a lefty and how that’s devastating for defenses bc they don’t see many lefties. with?!??!?!? That is the most insane nonsense I’ve ever read. Has the ranker ever watched a lacrosse game?
I don't know anything about the kid your referring to but I know the travel teams my son played on were always looking for lefty attackman! My son has been a Goalie since he was four years old and he says it makes no difference to him weather a kid is a lefty or a righty and most rightys have a better shot!
Cant wait to see the top 23. The top 8 everyone on the island knows so he cant screw that up. I love how some players get a few lines of comments also. For Love of the Loot must get some nice paydays from those parents. I know one that got a write up and its all infinity % false. But they say money buys you fame!! LOL
College Coaches all have “their own” list and those lists are the ones that matter most. The only other “list” that has proven to be very credible is the Under Armour All-American Senior list / roster / team. And yes, I do realize that some excellent players do not make that list but from what I have seen, the players who do make the list are pretty darn good.
Is that who this Laxjournal is FLG?
Cant wait to see the top 23. The top 8 everyone on the island knows so he cant screw that up. I love how some players get a few lines of comments also. For Love of the Loot must get some nice paydays from those parents. I know one that got a write up and its all infinity % false. But they say money buys you fame!! LOL

How many FLG kid's in the top 10? I say 3 plus comments about the brother.
Just read about the recruiting period extension to May 31st
The 2022’s will be getting so screwed. It’s heartbreaking. Some kids may drop out of playing at the next level if there is such a backlog or they will have to reclass if they want to stand a chance and most families can’t afford that.
YES. It's a complete sham under FLG.
YES. It's a complete sham under FLG.

Then don't read the list -if you think it's a sham --or make your own list --call it anonymous' top 100 '22s
my kid isn't on the list --you know what --I still read the list----good list ---very good actually--fun to read about lacrosse players. My kid is a '22--pretty good player, decent student, nice enough kid---he will play college lacrosse and my guess is he will have a great experience. I feel bad that my experience with 2 lacrosse playing boys has been very good---Older guy graduated college in 4 years --played lacrosse for 4 years and had an incredible life education ---my youngest is the '22. All good ---perspective is key
Ivies officially cxld. Sad.

No reason to go there to play lacrosse. Just go for the education.

How about you go for both. Yale, Cornell, Princeton, Penn and even Brown all excellent programs. From what I have heard many kids taking the year off and will be back next year with full remaining eligibility.
Screwing over the 21’s and 22’s. That’s lovely.
Screwing over the 21’s and 22’s. That’s lovely.

So the 21 &’22 lose a year, just like the kids taking the 19 & 20’s. No one has more right to 4 full years than anyone else. Quit your crying.

How about you go for both. Yale, Cornell, Princeton, Penn and even Brown all excellent programs. From what I have heard many kids taking the year off and will be back next year with full remaining eligibility.

Yeah, nothing like paying another 75k to have your kid play lacrosse in his 5th year.
Talking about the recruiting process Einstein. What scenario do you see happening with the backlog?

Yeah, nothing like paying another 75k to have your kid play lacrosse in his 5th year.

No one is paying anything if they are “taking the year off”. Also, many at Ivy’s receive more in “financial aid” than players at other schools receive in “athletic scholarships”. The Ivy’s can make it very affordable especially for families with multiple kids in college. Athletic Scholarships are limited, there is no limit to Ivy Financial Aid.
Thankyou !!! BOC for a pretty accurate top 50 HS boy list

I have to say I agree with this
most realistic 2022 list to date

few tweaks but not bad

overlooked a 4 Star defensemen in the top 50 for a uncommitted top 25 that doesn't start for his club team.

overlooked a 4 Star defensemen in the top 50 for a uncommitted top 25 that doesn't start for his club team.

Fair - but they also overlooked a stud lefty attackman for the same reason -- ACL injury -- so it makes sense that both of those guys were missing if neither of them will be playing the HS season this year.

It's another joke list.
Wish both boys to speedy recovery

It's another joke list.

Why is it a Joke?
Who is it that actually puts the list together? And for sophomores most never played a HS game yet.
Who is it that actually puts the list together? And for sophomores most never played a HS game yet.

Most “lists” are not based on HS games / performance. IL Young Guns, Under Armour Underclass Team, Under Armour Senior All-American are primarily based on Club and or tryouts for underclass team.

I do not know how this list was put together but it looks like a fair list. There will always be a hand full of players who are overlooked, it’s not an exact science.

It has been said on here many times, “The only lists that really matter are the “lists” that the college coaches keep.
how was long island all star tryout ? The tournament in july any good ?
Why does true blue have 2022 on their tryout flyer this is their last year for travel?
BC the guy that runs True Blue is a stunad

Most “lists” are not based on HS games / performance. IL Young Guns, Under Armour Underclass Team, Under Armour Senior All-American are primarily based on Club and or tryouts for underclass team.

I do not know how this list was put together but it looks like a fair list. There will always be a hand full of players who are overlooked, it’s not an exact science.

It has been said on here many times, “The only lists that really matter are the “lists” that the college coaches keep.

Agree. Very accurate statement. Too many HS Teams are not competitive. Too many 9th graders on too many teams. The top club teams and tournaments give a much better picture. UA Tryouts also excellent opportunity to see the top players in each grade compete.
If you think this list is a joke take a look at inside lacrosse. Legit D1 comitted kids with no stars while "4/5 star recruits" are still looking for homes. Its all hype. Cream rises
NCAA screwed this recruiting class.... will take 4-5 years to get through this glut of lax players
NCAA screwed this recruiting class.... will take 4-5 years to get through this glut of lax players
baby
baby

Insightful comment......
baby

Insightful comment......

Only for the top schools or so, mostly ACC and a few Big 10 and some others. No 5th year grad transfer is going to a school that isn’t considered final four team. So if your son is a recruit of a top school they have work to get on the field, like a lot freshman did in the ACC did this year.
baby

Insightful comment......

Only for the top schools or so, mostly ACC and a few Big 10 and some others. No 5th year grad transfer is going to a school that isn’t considered final four team. So if your son is a recruit of a top school they have work to get on the field, like a lot freshman did in the ACC did this year.

Patriot League is chock full of 5th year seniors.
baby

Insightful comment......

If it expands to the lower divisions, which it seems, the 2022s that are uncommitted will likely have a lot less opportunities then. That makes it frustrating I guess. But D2 and D3 will be the beneficiaries. Just some these kids that have D1 aspirations either need to Pg somewhere or go play D2 and D3, where they do play at a high level.
This happened to the 2021 recruiting class who got screwed harder than the 2022. Alot of very good talent went D2/D3 and those division will be strong. There is nothing wrong with playing D2/D3. Some very competitive teams. And your kid will be more likely to play in their 4 years
This happened to the 2021 recruiting class who got screwed harder than the 2022. Alot of very good talent went D2/D3 and those division will be strong. There is nothing wrong with playing D2/D3. Some very competitive teams. And your kid will be more likely to play in their 4 years

It just means less spots at some schools. Go have your son commit to play D2 and D3, because if your son is D1 caliber they will find him. But if he wasn’t a starter on his Hs team this spring, you can give up the D1 expectations and start thinking D2 or D3, which is quality lax. Because those spots are actively being recruited, the time is now.
baby

Insightful comment......

If it expands to the lower divisions, which it seems, the 2022s that are uncommitted will likely have a lot less opportunities then. That makes it frustrating I guess. But D2 and D3 will be the beneficiaries. Just some these kids that have D1 aspirations either need to Pg somewhere or go play D2 and D3, where they do play at a high level.

D2 and D3 Schools have just as many Grad Students because of this mess. PG or Club Ball. A lot of good players are heading to club schools, Clemson, Alabama, South Carolina & LSU are picking up D1 quality players for their club teams. Good Schools, Good lacrosse and Good experience.
It still looks like several hundred 2022s are committed. And that’s just what is on inside lacrosse. So I think a fair amount kids are recruited and mostly this class is done for D1 and the focus is the 2023s, just my opinion. But I think the 2022s can fill up D2 and D3 rosters.
It still looks like several hundred 2022s are committed. And that’s just what is on inside lacrosse. So I think a fair amount kids are recruited and mostly this class is done for D1 and the focus is the 2023s, just my opinion. But I think the 2022s can fill up D2 and D3 rosters.

OK hopeful 2023 Dad…..
Honestly would have a conversation with your son about doing a PG depending on his level of interest at college. Key phrase being His level of interest on playing in college.
Honestly would have a conversation with your son about doing a PG depending on his level of interest at college. Key phrase being His level of interest on playing in college.

It's a sport without a paycheck at the end. How about just pick the best school, whether it be D1, D2, D3, or Club, and get a great education and play some lacrosse.

OK hopeful 2023 Dad…..

Just facts.

OK hopeful 2023 Dad…..

Just facts.

Big difference between facts and opinions. Fiction also enters the mix here as well. Now that is a fact.
Originally Posted by The Hop

OK hopeful 2023 Dad…..

Just facts.

Big difference between facts and opinions. Fiction also enters the mix here as well. Now that is a fact.

Fair enough. But I suspect the D1 coaches will be paying more attention to the 2023s this summer. Most of the 2022s for D1, IN MY OPINION, are done or are looking for a few spots. This is all over in 4 weeks. And if your son is not having a conversation with his target school(s) time to apply and try to walk on or look at other programs. Again, my opinion, but the clock is on and Covid didn’t help things for the 2022s
Tough spot for the 2022’s but it is crunch time and will be done by Aug 1.

PG or move on, no one said life will be easy. Personally, not a fan of this PG thing but its your money.

Transfer portal is also available if the player is not where he wants to be.

PG or move on, no one said life will be easy. Personally, not a fan of this PG thing but its your money.

It’s July this week and tourneys will wind down I suspect the prospect camps will be flooded as the 2022s try and get one last look. But it is crunch time, if a coach ain’t calling by the end July, time to reassess.
Congrats to outlaws took down hawks today at Naptown
#1 seed 91 Maryland goes down to #33 seed Rock 30 in Naptown.
That’ll put millon in his place!
Some coaches will have buyers remorse and force PG, others will try and poach. This may be the biggest switch year in history at the request of both the player and the coach. Just my opinion
Congrats to outlaws took down hawks today at Naptown

Alcatraz Outlaws.

From SF.

Best "scoop" post of the last year.
What happened to Smash? I thought they were the best team in the world?
Gary Gait inherited bad recruits
you people be needing to get a hobby. Your kid and his sports is not your hammerhead to manipulate and dramatize.
Gary Gait inherited bad recruits

Says a poster who is no GG and never will be!
They are

It’s July this week and tourneys will wind down I suspect the prospect camps will be flooded as the 2022s try and get one last look. But it is crunch time, if a coach ain’t calling by the end July, time to reassess.

There will be many decomitted players as well as many dropped players from many schools and this fall will be pretty interesting
They are
© US Lacrosse Community Forum