BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 season pertaining to Boys 2022 graduates (11th grade).

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last year of club lax...... could not come fast enough! Done feeding this dying beast.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The last year of club lax...... could not come fast enough! Done feeding this dying beast.

If you're so done with this sport, why come on here to vent your feelings? Talk about hypocritical... Just watch your kid play (or dont play for that matter) for the last time and go find another hobby to [ChillLaxin] about. Obviously little johnny wasn't good enough to play at the next level and you're visibly disgruntled about that. See ya troll

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you're so done with this sport, why come on here to vent your feelings? Talk about hypocritical... Just watch your kid play (or dont play for that matter) for the last time and go find another hobby to [ChillLaxin] about. Obviously little johnny wasn't good enough to play at the next level and you're visibly disgruntled about that. See ya troll

The person is referring to himself. Maybe the the guys kid is committed and sticking with school ball going forward. Or maybe, the kid is a very good player and got tired of playing the sport. I'm sure your wife is waiting to get rid of somethings (YOU) so she could get to the next level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This entire club experience is a garbage shoot, had some great seasons and some disastrous seasons. Some great coaches and non existent coaching. For the most part, club directors are terrible business people that have great lax knowledge and coaching skills. Somewhere along the line, it became all about the almighty dollar.

If you are still in club lax at this age, your kid can play well enough to play some college lacrosse, be it D1, 2 or 3.

This year will tell if it was worth it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This entire club experience is a garbage shoot, had some great seasons and some disastrous seasons. Some great coaches and non existent coaching. For the most part, club directors are terrible business people that have great lax knowledge and coaching skills. Somewhere along the line, it became all about the almighty dollar.

If you are still in club lax at this age, your kid can play well enough to play some college lacrosse, be it D1, 2 or 3.

So haven't been on this site in a long time. Just wanted see what was happening. Mine are done, both played in College, one D3 and one D1. Was it all worth it? 100%. I enjoyed every minute of it and now miss it terribly. Were there up and downs and times it actually stunk for both them and me? Sure. However, I wouldn't trade all the one on one time I had with them. The ability to shape them as young men and keep them out of trouble. They both have an incredible work ethic and are not afraid of life's challenges. That comes from pushing yourself against the best as a young man. Sometimes failing sometimes winning. It's not all about winning a National Championship one day, although that would be great. It's about the journey and building a productive, hard working young man. Something that is truly lacking in our society today. Enjoy the ride, think about what you're really trying to achieve. For me it was completely 'worth it"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So haven't been on this site in a long time. Just wanted see what was happening. Mine are done, both played in College, one D3 and one D1. Was it all worth it? 100%. I enjoyed every minute of it and now miss it terribly. Were there up and downs and times it actually stunk for both them and me? Sure. However, I wouldn't trade all the one on one time I had with them. The ability to shape them as young men and keep them out of trouble. They both have an incredible work ethic and are not afraid of life's challenges. That comes from pushing yourself against the best as a young man. Sometimes failing sometimes winning. It's not all about winning a National Championship one day, although that would be great. It's about the journey and building a productive, hard working young man. Something that is truly lacking in our society today. Enjoy the ride, think about what you're really trying to achieve. For me it was completely 'worth it"

Well put sir, I couldn't have said it better myself! Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing better than watching my child play and make friends with both kids from his team as well as competing teams. What I cannot wait to end is the GREED of travel organizations. They have no shame. Makes me ill every time I pay them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing better than watching my child play and make friends with both kids from his team as well as competing teams. What I cannot wait to end is the GREED of travel organizations. They have no shame. Makes me ill every time I pay them.

Remember one thing NO ONE put a gun to your head! You chose so dont complain we are all in the same boat !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anywhere to follow 2022 commits starting tomorrow? Would like to see how the process goes for these young men.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone see Ty's top 10 in 2022. Looks like just 1 2004 birthdate. Crazy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Half are post-September 1, 2003, plus one 2004. I really thought we were going to see a ton of early 2003s and more than one late 2002.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60% are on age for WSYL, I assumed there were only be one or two on age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
60% are on age for WSYL, I assumed there were only be one or two on age.

Don't take that number as a reflection of the rest of the ranked and unranked. It is lopsided to the older boys for sure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 10 is a small sample, lets see the top 100 with ages, that is a much better sample size.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when do we start with the best teams on Long Island in the 2022 age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 Smash is the top team, after that its Igloo and we all know Chan team has fallen off so next few teams are anyone's guess.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s not the best teams. It’s best players. How many kids got texts or emails for being a practice player on the best team? Likely not many. Watched the elite 8 and saw the same 10-13 kids on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who Cares....Its all about getting seen and getting an offers. Then figuring out which is the best fit for your kids future.

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
first 2022 to committ Caden whaling UNC predators

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would he lie? He's just trying to give info and encouragement so go away SIMP!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pipe down [ChillLaxin] bag, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Surprised to see some of the Ivies so quick out of the gates. Expected the ACC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pipe down, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of

Wrong, you are dreaming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yup, find a spot where your son will maximize minutes. And they are Juniors. If you hung onto the D1 dream for your son, it’s time to give it up. It’s not happening at this point. B team players can develop, at this point it is about playing time. How can you go to showcase in the fall having only played limited minutes in summer.[/quote]

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.[/quote]

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench[/quote]

Pipe down, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of[/quote]

Wrong, you are dreaming[/quote]

Says the parent who's obviously never been through the recruiting process. You should educate yourself a little bit to avoid further embarrassment

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a quick question. Just saw the 91 kid commuted today Norte Dame. I see he is from a town outside Albany. Do these kids commute 3 hours for practice 2x a week? Or do they just get to show up on game days ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a quick question. Just saw the 91 kid commuted today Norte Dame. I see he is from a town outside Albany. Do these kids commute 3 hours for practice 2x a week? Or do they just get to show up on game days ?

Why do you care?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Simply not true. My son is in college and did get calls on Sept. 1, but the D1 school he attends did not reach out to him until the summer of his junior year. So there are months to go.[/quote]

Yeah right, your son got recruited from the bench[/quote]

Pipe down, same happened for my son. He's now at a top 25 D1 school. You know not what you speak of[/quote]

Wrong, you are dreaming[/quote]

Says the parent who's obviously never been through the recruiting process. You should educate yourself a little bit to avoid further embarrassment[/quote]

What school do you consider “top 25” can’t wait to hear this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care?

They all stack their teams if you look half the Smash and CoachC rosters are packed with out of state kids. Anything to win ! bunch of aholes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those teams have kids from TX, NC, others. Also closer, but kids from Westchester too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"LILJ 22' Open" on Tourney machine, Nice long island lineup, New Event?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care?

They all stack their teams if you look half the Smash and CoachC rosters are packed with out of state kids. Anything to win ! bunch of aholes!

Here is the realty... College Coaches want to watch the best players compete with and against the best players. The clubs want to field the best team possible so that that they can compete with the best teams. Why people have a problem with that is beyond me. Reminds me of the people who think kids should only play with kids from their town. Crazy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
According to inside Lacrosse, only 3 22s from Long Island have been committed. My son got some calls from D1 schools and they all said its going to be a long process this year, most likely into next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care?

Here is the realty... College Coaches want to watch the best players compete with and against the best players. The clubs want to field the best team possible so that that they can compete with the best teams. Why people have a problem with that is beyond me. Reminds me of the people who think kids should only play with kids from their town. Crazy

That kid was on LI played for smash, Dad got a job in Albany so they moved recently

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care?

Easier to recruit talent than to coach good athletes into becoming great athletes. Isn't it their job to do that? Lazy....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I really love this response. You know this comes from an angry individual that has never been through the recruiting process and never played a meaningful game of lacrosse in his life.

that call or email is coming soon

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard