BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It’s bad enough JS politics gave this unearned, undeserving hand out at the expense of many other actually earning it! To listen to anyone defend it is just dense. The only thing this kid ever earned was being asked to play for Spallina. She did nothing in high school but ride the coattails her junior year from their star player being face guarded! That is her one lacrosse accolade. What has she done? Nothing. She was a no name who earned nothing at Under Armour except for the hand out of senior year when she did not play and they GAVE HER the Senior UA All-American! So stop the BS and just call it like it is. The biggest political BS move in US lacrosse history. That is more acceptable than to listen to you try and defend it. Disgrace. Just stop already! This is a joke.

He’s always been that way! I agree that there is absolutely no way a girl who has yet to play a college game should be trying out for this type of team!! How many HS AAs have gone to college to never be heard from again. D1 is a total different animal. Even the #1 HS recruit, CW, who in my opinion is overrated, was not put on this list. Prove yourself in college before getting this type of opportunity. Plenty of other girls have, but unfortunately won’t get a chance due to sleazy politics. Disgusting!

Just sign your name isn’t hard to tel who this is How is the weather on the east end

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure she's a good kid but with no accolades. That's just a fact, not an attack. Correct us and enlighten us all with what she has done in her lacrosse career to earn this. Can't find anything.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure she's a good kid but with no accolades. That's just a fact, not an attack. Correct us and enlighten us all with what she has done in her lacrosse career to earn this. Can't find anything.

Its just a try-out, give the kid a chance..lets see how she does?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excellent player? You don't get to just call a kid an excellent player because Spallina tells us to. You earn it. What has she earned? She hasn't played since junior year high school where she earned nothing accolades and earned nothing at under armour either (the Senior UA title that was a hand out based on an invisible season). Since her days of playing lacrosse earning nothing, what has she proven by not stepping on a field? Nothing + Nothing = Nothing. Watching people try and defend it is as big a problem as the BS reason she was asked to try out.

Give it a rest already, or put your name on it if you are going to continue to diminish the player and her accomplishments. Not a single post has tried to defend the selection. You on the other hand want to tear down a specific player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s bad enough JS politics gave this unearned, undeserving hand out at the expense of many other actually earning it! To listen to anyone defend it is just dense. The only thing this kid ever earned was being asked to play for Spallina. She did nothing in high school but ride the coattails her junior year from their star player being face guarded! That is her one lacrosse accolade. What has she done? Nothing. She was a no name who earned nothing at Under Armour except for the hand out of senior year when she did not play and they GAVE HER the Senior UA All-American! So stop the BS and just call it like it is. The biggest political BS move in US lacrosse history. That is more acceptable than to listen to you try and defend it. Disgrace. Just stop already! This is a joke.

He’s always been that way! I agree that there is absolutely no way a girl who has yet to play a college game should be trying out for this type of team!! How many HS AAs have gone to college to never be heard from again. D1 is a total different animal. Even the #1 HS recruit, CW, who in my opinion is overrated, was not put on this list. Prove yourself in college before getting this type of opportunity. Plenty of other girls have, but unfortunately won’t get a chance due to sleazy politics. Disgusting!

Just sign your name isn’t hard to tel who this is How is the weather on the east end

i was thinking the same thing!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
". BTW, UA Senior All American is the top honor for HS players and it is based off the summer circuit as that is where the most competitive HS lacrosse is played."

Completely inaccurate ,it is based primarily on high school play which is the reason they ask for high school stats .

"Wow, a lot of anger. I have not read a single post defending this selection. I guess you must be one of those delusional parents who just can’t stand it when other players are considered stronger than your daughter by people other than you. Why attack the player? Most rational people understand that the player didn’t do anything wrong. Complain all you want about the coaches or USLacrosse but show a little class and stop trying to tear down a 17 or 18 year old college freshman on an anonymous forum."

Of course people are angry and your nonsense about jealousy makes no sense when even you say no one is defending the selection. Although no one should attack the player ( she gets some of the blame as she applied and I guarantee knew the fix was in ) it is impossible to discuss how sleazy this selection was without pointing out she has little to no actual accolades. Again Spallina has stolen the spot from someone who has proven themselves in college and it is politics at its worst. Hopefully someone will post a contact at US lacrosse so its members can expres how disgusted they are , honestly Spalina should be removed from ever being involved again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is wrong with you? Why attack the kid? She didn't select herself. If you want to call out JS and the rest of the people involved in the selection process feel free but enough with the nonsense. BTW, you say no accolades I am certain that she was named Under Armour Senior All American. That does not entitle anyone to make this tryout but pretty sure her and the other 43 players are all pretty darn good. This argument should not be focussed on the player, anyone with half a brain knows where the attention should be directed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You won't. There isn't anything! Wish her well in college, but she is not worthy of this at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA Senior All American selections have never been about High School Play. It is all based of the Club Summer circuit and in recent years since the "Underclass Games" and even The Committed Academy. They start announcing the players in the beginning of April so they already know how is making the team (well before HS season is complete). The main person who evaluates players is the same person who takes point on the IL Player rankings (there is always a very strong correlation between IL Senior rankings and Under Armour AA selections). All of the evaluations are done in the summer at the major tournaments and at the IL underclass games where players can be seen competing against the best players from around the country. Go back and check, If a player is ranked in the Top 40 by IL there is a very good chance they will be selected as an UA AA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny , not old or mature enough to face some criticism but old enough to be unfairly selected to try out for a women’s team .

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Give the kid a chance" ...and there here you have it. Participation trophy time. No accolades, earned nothing, but give her a chance because? Oh right, because she is JS's new project.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny , not old or mature enough to face some criticism but old enough to be unfairly selected to try out for a women’s team .

Funny how you want to criticize a young women while remaining anonymous. Please tell everyone who your daughter is so the rest of the haters can go on the attack. This is not about the player, it’s about the people who made the decision.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Give the kid a chance" ...and there here you have it. Participation trophy time. No accolades, earned nothing, but give her a chance because? Oh right, because she is JS's new project.

Get over it already...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Once you enter college, and turn 18, you're not a kid anymore. There are going to be critics, that's part of life. When people think something important was done unfairly, they will state their claim and provide evidence. I don't see anyone on here attacking the girl, in fact every post I read wishes her well. The point is she had no business being chosen based on her accolades (non). That's all. Stop trying to make more of it than it is. My daughter was in no way in the running for this, but I 100% agree with other posters that there were so many other girls who had actual college accomplishments that qualified them for an invite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree this is not the girls fault at all. She applied like many others and was selected. As previously said she is very very good player(do I think better than other kids in college no-but not her issue or fault) . I wish her luck. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her make the training squad for sure and team potentially The coaching staff has to save face and their EGO now.

Also a good preview to the state of women’s lax for future. Let’s you think about that one-not good.

This is on the three coaches and mainly Levy. She is the Head Coach with final say. Spillana has his players back(always has) and had an agenda. He was successful. He made Levy look foolish to the lacrosse world. Second agenda accomplished . I would also like US lacrosse to announce who was on the Selection panel. I think this should be public knowledge for a non profit to provide, and maybe make things clear. They noted a past player and coach of team USA-who was this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree this is not the girls fault at all. She applied like many others and was selected. As previously said she is very very good player(do I think better than other kids in college no-but not her issue or fault) . I wish her luck. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her make the training squad for sure and team potentially The coaching staff has to save face and their EGO now.

Also a good preview to the state of women’s lax for future. Let’s you think about that one-not good.

This is on the three coaches and mainly Levy. She is the Head Coach with final say. Spillana has his players back(always has) and had an agenda. He was successful. He made Levy look foolish to the lacrosse world. Second agenda accomplished . I would also like US lacrosse to announce who was on the Selection panel. I think this should be public knowledge for a non profit to provide, and maybe make things clear. They noted a past player and coach of team USA-who was this?

Over 20 people on committee if it was just one person it wouldn’t happen as much as this pisses us off there were clearly many that also voted this way

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the 20 people? Is there a list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time a pool of players is selected for something high profile like this, there are some deserving players left off the list. Some of you have no problem with your daughter getting hype and opportunities over others because she plays for a certain club or high school or committed to a prestigious college, but when the shoe is on the other foot you lose it. Maybe it's never happened to your daughter before, but others have been through it and the smart ones handle it gracefully and use it as motivation and a learning experience. It's done, move on. Try to be supportive because the players chosen did not select themselves and don't deserve to be bashed for it. I bet there were other incoming college freshman who also applied and maybe the one chosen must have had something the panel was looking for that other applicants didn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time a pool of players is selected for something high profile like this, there are some deserving players left off the list. Some of you have no problem with your daughter getting hype and opportunities over others because she plays for a certain club or high school or committed to a prestigious college, but when the shoe is on the other foot you lose it. Maybe it's never happened to your daughter before, but others have been through it and the smart ones handle it gracefully and use it as motivation and a learning experience. It's done, move on. Try to be supportive because the players chosen did not select themselves and don't deserve to be bashed for it. I bet there were other incoming college freshman who also applied and maybe the one chosen must have had something the panel was looking for that other applicants didn't.

Like what? The Daddy Warbucks of college lacrosse as a coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also hearing many players chose not to apply for whatever reasons so the player pool was smaller than anticipated which makes sense

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Like what? The Daddy Warbucks of college lacrosse as a coach?

Last edited by The Hop; . Reason: Identifying a player in a harassing manner
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. The player and her parents are of course partly to blame for this obviously unethical selection. "Very, Very good " according to who ,again her accolades are good at best but not great for a high school player. As far as him making Levy look foolish I agree but it makes him look dishonorable and sleazy and hopefully more players transfer out of his program .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ spallina always has his players back” might be the funniest comment I heard in this site. He had 11 recruits in 2018 class only 2 are left. Ask the 9 that left if he always had their backs, and while you’re at it let’s ask about how he treats 2nd year players with scholarship money. He is a master at the social media game and building up individual players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. The player and her parents are of course partly to blame for this obviously unethical selection. "Very, Very good " according to who ,again her accolades are good at best but not great for a high school player. As far as him making Levy look foolish I agree but it makes him look dishonorable and sleazy and hopefully more players transfer out of his program .

[ChillLaxin]. BTW, For the most part High School Accolades mean nothing so not sure why some want to keep carrying on about them or lack of them. With the exception of Under Armour Senior All American and the US Lacrosse 8 or 9 from Nassau, Suffolk and other Hot Bed Areas its all BS as there are simply too many to count. This has nothing to do with player or parents. It is about the people who selected the players. It is very hard to see the justification in this selection but to those who want to knock the player you are way off base.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"[ChillLaxin]. BTW, For the most part High School Accolades mean nothing so not sure why some want to keep carrying on about them or lack of them. With the exception of Under Armour Senior All American and the US Lacrosse 8 or 9 from Nassau, Suffolk and other Hot Bed Areas its all BS as there are simply too many to count. This has nothing to do with player or parents. It is about the people who selected the players. It is very hard to see the justification in this selection but to those who want to knock the player you are way off base."
As Joe Biden would say "come on man". People are talking about high school accolades because that is all this player has . How is it way off base to knock one of the main actors in this obviously unethical scheme ,you want to get selected for a women's team that you obviously have no business being selected for there is going to be some negative attention. In Nassau and Suffolk I believe US lax AA is more of an honor than UA senior AA as the selection is made by coaches who actually know the players , yes politics involved in both .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"[ChillLaxin]. BTW, For the most part High School Accolades mean nothing so not sure why some want to keep carrying on about them or lack of them. With the exception of Under Armour Senior All American and the US Lacrosse 8 or 9 from Nassau, Suffolk and other Hot Bed Areas its all BS as there are simply too many to count. This has nothing to do with player or parents. It is about the people who selected the players. It is very hard to see the justification in this selection but to those who want to knock the player you are way off base."
As Joe Biden would say "come on man". People are talking about high school accolades because that is all this player has . How is it way off base to knock one of the main actors in this obviously unethical scheme ,you want to get selected for a women's team that you obviously have no business being selected for there is going to be some negative attention. In Nassau and Suffolk I believe US lax AA is more of an honor than UA senior AA as the selection is made by coaches who actually know the players , yes politics involved in both .

Did you quote Joe Biden oh wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be

I agree. ;0(

Agree There will not be an Ivy season maybe not one for anyone[/quote]

Daughters fall ball practices shut down most likely for semester. Many schools not doing anything I am really starting to believe we will not have a Spring season of any type

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=baldbear]I’m very involved in the collegiate aspect of lacrosse. I’m also pessimistic about SUNY as I have seen how they operate with regards to collegiate sports. You can throw the budget and spreadsheets in the trash can. SUNY has a $900 million shortfall to fill and the governor has given each school a directive to cut their costs. Albany and Stony Brook have the two biggest shortfalls. They haven’t announced how they are going to cut their budgets but I have a “feeling” sports MAY be part of the process.

Stony Brook University spent $8,210,055 on men's teams and received $3,643,116 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave male athletes $9,751 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for men's teams. On average they make $135,748. They are supported by 24 assistant coaches who earn $47,924 on average.

Stony Brook University spent $4,799,904 on women's teams and received $1,350,420 in revenue. On average, Stony Brook University gave female athletes $11,927 in sports related student aid.

There are 8 head coaches for women's teams. They make, on average, $79,794. They are supported by 15 assistant coaches who earn, on average, $32,844.

If you are president of the university these are net-negative numbers. As a positive aside, the women are getting more funding than the men.

Good discussion. As I’m sure you read SBU will have football with a CAA schedule in the spring. Leads one to believe that CAA will have conference games. College sports ....Bottom line all lose money for their respective school. Their function is not to make money. There may/will be cutbacks. But I disagree with your initial premiss that the sky is falling and no SUNY sports for another year.

As I am sure many have heard a few Ivy league have announced NO winter sports I have a feeling that this will soon apply to spring sports as well what a complete mess this will be
Not getting better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With different states having different rules how can there be college sports

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh, I don't know....maybe look at college football?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you quote Joe Biden oh wow

Yeah, Wow... followed up with "main actors"... Keep telling yourself that the player and her family are complicit in this.

I believe they have changed the selection process on LI for US Lacrosse AA recently (maybe it is less political now) but in the past it was the most political process of any selection that I am aware of. There was a "small committee" of coaches who made the selection and it was extremely political. As for "the coaches actually know the players" that was the main problem. This board is littered with posts calling out "Coaches" for selecting "their players" as is exactly the case in the situation that we are discussing with the Stony Brook coach and his player.

The Under Armour selections are primarily made by the women who does the player rankings for Inside Lacrosse. Those rankings are for the most part based on Club games and UA Underclass Games (yes, you are at a disadvantage if you do not make the UA Underclass Team). There is politicking but for the most part The women from IL watches the players at several "high end" events and then ranks the players. There is general consensus on the players selected by all involved with the process. As has been posted on this site many times The UA AA track record is excellent as is the Long Island US Lacrosse AA selection (it just stinks for players who never had a coach on the committee). The problem (at least it used to be) was that the coaches advocated for and selected their own players (club or HS coach).

At the end of the day this is about the people who made this selection, not on the player and or the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know the deal. Most lefty schools mentioned NESCAC and Ivy will not try to find a work around. Unfortunately these college admins are fine with closing sports for their students. Hopefully other conferences will find ways to help their teams participate in a sport they recruited their players for. It’s obvious that football has found a way. May not be perfect but student athletes are playing. Unfortunately politics is having an influence on these student athletes who have to abide by political college administrators.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We know the deal. Most lefty schools mentioned NESCAC and Ivy will not try to find a work around. Unfortunately these college admins are fine with closing sports for their students. Hopefully other conferences will find ways to help their teams participate in a sport they recruited their players for. It’s obvious that football has found a way. May not be perfect but student athletes are playing. Unfortunately politics is having an influence on these student athletes who have to abide by political college administrators.

Truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what I read on Athletes Unlimited bringing on Women’s lacrosse it seems like a profit sharing model. You get paid if you can drive Digital audience, merchandise and attendance. How is this different from WPLL that financial couldn’t make it. Lacrosse in general is just a smaller sport in attendance. The WNBA needs the money from NBA to survivor. Unfortunately lax doesn’t have that in there favor. Are the players on there own dime until “potentially” get paid?

Players won’t like paying expenses with hope of pay check.

I must be missing something here, or I fear this won’t make it either. Must lax games I have been at are a few general
Fans and family.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what I read on Athletes Unlimited bringing on Women’s lacrosse it seems like a profit sharing model. You get paid if you can drive Digital audience, merchandise and attendance. How is this different from WPLL that financial couldn’t make it. Lacrosse in general is just a smaller sport in attendance. The WNBA needs the money from NBA to survivor. Unfortunately lax doesn’t have that in there favor. Are the players on there own dime until “potentially” get paid?

I must be missing something here, or I fear this won’t make it either. Must lax games I have been at are a few general
Fans and family.

Another brutal attempt to launch women’s pro The talent is there it’s getting proper leadership

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very bitter and green.

Everyone seems to agree that the selection is questionable but you seem way too bothered by it. Why attack the player? It appears to be personal with you. You state "What has she done? Nothing." What is wrong with you? To be fair, I don't think any player who has yet to play a single college game should be on this list. However, trying to belittle this player and her accomplishments is reprehensible. In fact, her accolades look pretty good: Ranked #25 in the Class of 2020 by Inside Lacrosse and Named to the 2020 Uunder Armour Senior All-America Team (Both are impressive). Playing for a perennial Top 10 -15 Team and is clearly one of their if not the Top Recruit / Freshmen. That speaks volumes as to the caliber of player that she is.

Questionable selection for this tryout but no question she is a very good player at this point in her career.

I wish her the best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very bitter and green.

Everyone seems to agree that the selection is questionable but you seem way too bothered by it. Why attack the player? It appears to be personal with you. You state "What has she done? Nothing." What is wrong with you? To be fair, I don't think any player who has yet to play a single college game should be on this list. However, trying to belittle this player and her accomplishments is reprehensible. In fact, her accolades look pretty good: Ranked #25 in the Class of 2020 by Inside Lacrosse and Named to the 2020 Uunder Armour Senior All-America Team (Both are impressive). Playing for a perennial Top 10 -15 Team and is clearly one of their if not the Top Recruit / Freshmen. That speaks volumes as to the caliber of player that she is.

Questionable selection for this tryout but no question she is a very good player at this point in her career.

I wish her the best

Those are great accolades for a freshman in college, not so much for a team USA invitee! USL epic failure, once again. They need to do better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very bitter and green.

I wish her the best

Those are great accolades for a freshman in college, not so much for a team USA invitee! USL epic failure, once again. They need to do better!

Agree with that. Impressive accolades and obviously a very good player. Just a little crazy to be selected over players who have proven themselves at the highest level. US Lacrosse, the selection committee and the coaches do not look good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fans and family.

Another brutal attempt to launch women’s pro The talent is there it’s getting proper leadership

Hoping this gets figured out at some point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with this

Like Reply Quote
Page 3 of 45 1 2 3 4 5 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard