Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 03:07 PM
Boys 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:56 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:43 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:37 PM
Boys 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/30/20 02:00 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,146
Posts277,863
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Girls 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #309682 09/14/20 08:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

That is just a sampling... many more posted on twitter/Insta, BOTC has a committed section with different names and sports recruits/connect lax show commitments as well.

JS is signing his targets!

As are many other coaches at better schools

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #309695 09/14/20 09:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just a sampling... many more posted on twitter/Insta, BOTC has a committed section with different names and sports recruits/connect lax show commitments as well.

All coaches are going through their lists trying to nail down their top recruits, as they do every year. The previous two comments above are examples of what is wrong with this sport. "JS is signing his targets!" what's with the explanation point? Why even write the post? Are you surprised that college coaches are actually doing their job? What was the point? The reply seems to be a knock on SBU (maybe I'm wrong) "as are many other coaches at better schools". Why "better", why put that word in there? Are you intentionally trying to knock Stony Brook? Are you trying to tell everybody that your daughter is being recruited by schools that you believe are superior to Stony Brook? I don't get it? The reality is that Coaches are doing their job, they are recruiting players and offering spots to their top tier recruits. This is where the rubber meets the road and it all shakes out. You will now find out where your daughter stands in relation too other players at this point in time. Players who were not able to get in front of many coaches this summer may have to wait until they are able to get more exposure. Just remember, every time a player commits spots will open up at other schools. Good luck to all. We are in round one... there will be many more.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #309774 09/15/20 10:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All coaches are going through their lists trying to nail down their top recruits, as they do every year. The previous two comments above are examples of what is wrong with this sport. "JS is signing his targets!" what's with the explanation point? Why even write the post? Are you surprised that college coaches are actually doing their job? What was the point? The reply seems to be a knock on SBU (maybe I'm wrong) "as are many other coaches at better schools". Why "better", why put that word in there? Are you intentionally trying to knock Stony Brook? Are you trying to tell everybody that your daughter is being recruited by schools that you believe are superior to Stony Brook? I don't get it? The reality is that Coaches are doing their job, they are recruiting players and offering spots to their top tier recruits. This is where the rubber meets the road and it all shakes out. You will now find out where your daughter stands in relation too other players at this point in time. Players who were not able to get in front of many coaches this summer may have to wait until they are able to get more exposure. Just remember, every time a player commits spots will open up at other schools. Good luck to all. We are in round one... there will be many more.

Great post..

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #309793 09/15/20 01:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every girl that commits in the first couple of weeks was probably on the radar or being recruited by 5 to 10 colleges

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312180 10/15/20 10:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how each club handles the recruiting process. It would be nice for parents with younger players to know. What kind of assistance is offered at clubs like YJ, TG, Liberty, Elevate, Jesters?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312319 10/18/20 06:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how each club handles the recruiting process. It would be nice for parents with younger players to know. What kind of assistance is offered at clubs like YJ, TG, Liberty, Elevate, Jesters?

Have Jesters ever had a recruit?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312343 10/18/20 11:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really comes down to the player, club directors and coaches can only do so much. College coaches (especially at the top 10 - 20 programs) recruit the top players.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312352 10/18/20 11:57 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are going to do great with recruiting. The new directors have tons of contacts and are great ladies. they will help those girls.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312355 10/18/20 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that the haters are all going to jump on by me saying this but....I brought my daughter to YJ for the recruiting. it worked out. we gave the coach 6 schools that we wanted. all six called. we committed to our first choice. yes my delighter has high grades and a good stick. we had a great experince. i ma sure others have done well elsewhere but if recruiting is your goal you wont go wrong.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312362 10/18/20 12:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that the haters are all going to jump on by me saying this but....I brought my daughter to YJ for the recruiting. it worked out. we gave the coach 6 schools that we wanted. all six called. we committed to our first choice. yes my delighter has high grades and a good stick. we had a great experince. i ma sure others have done well elsewhere but if recruiting is your goal you wont go wrong.

Not a hater, What caliber schools? Please list from both academic perspective as well as lacrosse. BTW, my guess is that your daughter would have had the same experience at Elevate, Liberty or Top Guns as I truly believe it is more about the player and her abilities than the club.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312408 10/18/20 08:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a hater, What caliber schools? Please list from both academic perspective as well as lacrosse. BTW, my guess is that your daughter would have had the same experience at Elevate, Liberty or Top Guns as I truly believe it is more about the player and her abilities than the club.

take a look at each clubs website for the commit lists ( the 22's are posted for both TG and YJ) and make your decision based on facts. all the clubs try to promote their player as it in their self interest to do so, but nobody has the track record of the YJ that's just the facts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312428 10/19/20 07:49 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"WE gave the coach 6 schools that WE wanted. all six called. WE committed to OUR first choice." Hope your daughter is happy with YOUR choice, will be a long 4 years if she isn't.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312584 10/20/20 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the best advice anyone can give you. Depend on no one except yourself for recruiting. Make all your own contacts with the coaches at the schools you are interested. At most you can ask a coach or director for a letter of recommendation. Please do not rely on other people for this, no matter what club or position they may hold. Also be realistic about which schools will be interested. If your kid is a top five kid of all of Long Island, she will have many options including a few of the top teams in college. A top 25 kid will also have a fair amount of options, but likely not too many from top 20 schools. For the many years I have been involved, I would have to say the biggest problem is players/parents overshooting. Pick a few reach programs, the bulk should be good fit programs, and you better have a bunch of sure bets in the mix as well. Then contact all of them yourself, it is 100% your responsibility, leave nothing to a coach, director or club.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312589 10/20/20 10:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters are going to do great with recruiting. The new directors have tons of contacts and are great ladies. they will help those girls.

Huh? Jesters zero commits to date. The directors contacts must not be great.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312717 10/20/20 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to break your heart but jesters are starting with the 23 group. you will see recruiting results. guaranteed. it wont stop there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard