BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 11th Grade Girls (2022 Grads) for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Season.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2022-11th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard anything on the NCAA vote today on whether to move contact from 9/1 to 7/1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Has anyone heard anything on the NCAA vote today on whether to move contact from 9/1 to 7/1?

From Inside Lacrosse

The IWLCA Division I coaching body voted to move the Sept. 1 contact date for the Class of 2022 until next July and has recommended the request to the NCAA for approval.

Earlier this month, the IWLCA’s NCAA Division I Legislation Committee surveyed DI women’s college coaches in regard to the upcoming Sept. 1 contact date. In the wake of the NCAA season cancelation, and in the midst of uncertainty in regard to returning to college campuses nationwide and the ongoing NCAA dead period extension, the IWLCA Div. I body voted in overwhelming support (76%) to move the Sept. 1 contact date. A majority of the votes favored the move to July 1, 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You gotta think if they haven't changed it by the end of the day tomorrow, its staying 9/1...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From Inside Lacrosse

The IWLCA Division I coaching body voted to move the Sept. 1 contact date for the Class of 2022 until next July and has recommended the request to the NCAA for approval.

Earlier this month, the IWLCA’s NCAA Division I Legislation Committee surveyed DI women’s college coaches in regard to the upcoming Sept. 1 contact date. In the wake of the NCAA season cancelation, and in the midst of uncertainty in regard to returning to college campuses nationwide and the ongoing NCAA dead period extension, the IWLCA Div. I body voted in overwhelming support (76%) to move the Sept. 1 contact date. A majority of the votes favored the move to July 1, 2021.

Yes the IWLCA voted to move it but the NCAA is voting this week on whether to approve the IWLCA's proposal. Also, they will be voting on whether to extend the dead period through October

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA rejected IWLCA proposal today. Didn't even vote on it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Staying Sept 1:
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/arti...-ncaa-declines-waiver-to-push-back/56812

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to all of the 2022 young ladies waiting on September 1st contact day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there been much activity or did the coaches stick to their desire to wait until next year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has there been much activity or did the coaches stick to their desire to wait until next year?

There should be some form of contact to indicate interest usually a text around 12:01 with a promise of a call the next day. ( today ) Coaches may not proceed as fast as prior years in offers , however they will not want to miss out on saying hello and we have an interest in a specific player. All coaches say the right thing when in a group setting but when it comes down to it there will be a number of coaches pursuing the same top players. Why miss the opportunity to say hello and we think you might be a fit for our program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of activity of course. You really think these coaches are going to sit around while other coaches are grabbing all the good players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just a sampling... many more posted on twitter/Insta, BOTC has a committed section with different names and sports recruits/connect lax show commitments as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is just a sampling... many more posted on twitter/Insta, BOTC has a committed section with different names and sports recruits/connect lax show commitments as well.

JS is signing his targets!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As are many other coaches at better schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All coaches are going through their lists trying to nail down their top recruits, as they do every year. The previous two comments above are examples of what is wrong with this sport. "JS is signing his targets!" what's with the explanation point? Why even write the post? Are you surprised that college coaches are actually doing their job? What was the point? The reply seems to be a knock on SBU (maybe I'm wrong) "as are many other coaches at better schools". Why "better", why put that word in there? Are you intentionally trying to knock Stony Brook? Are you trying to tell everybody that your daughter is being recruited by schools that you believe are superior to Stony Brook? I don't get it? The reality is that Coaches are doing their job, they are recruiting players and offering spots to their top tier recruits. This is where the rubber meets the road and it all shakes out. You will now find out where your daughter stands in relation too other players at this point in time. Players who were not able to get in front of many coaches this summer may have to wait until they are able to get more exposure. Just remember, every time a player commits spots will open up at other schools. Good luck to all. We are in round one... there will be many more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All coaches are going through their lists trying to nail down their top recruits, as they do every year. The previous two comments above are examples of what is wrong with this sport. "JS is signing his targets!" what's with the explanation point? Why even write the post? Are you surprised that college coaches are actually doing their job? What was the point? The reply seems to be a knock on SBU (maybe I'm wrong) "as are many other coaches at better schools". Why "better", why put that word in there? Are you intentionally trying to knock Stony Brook? Are you trying to tell everybody that your daughter is being recruited by schools that you believe are superior to Stony Brook? I don't get it? The reality is that Coaches are doing their job, they are recruiting players and offering spots to their top tier recruits. This is where the rubber meets the road and it all shakes out. You will now find out where your daughter stands in relation too other players at this point in time. Players who were not able to get in front of many coaches this summer may have to wait until they are able to get more exposure. Just remember, every time a player commits spots will open up at other schools. Good luck to all. We are in round one... there will be many more.

Great post..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every girl that commits in the first couple of weeks was probably on the radar or being recruited by 5 to 10 colleges

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how each club handles the recruiting process. It would be nice for parents with younger players to know. What kind of assistance is offered at clubs like YJ, TG, Liberty, Elevate, Jesters?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious how each club handles the recruiting process. It would be nice for parents with younger players to know. What kind of assistance is offered at clubs like YJ, TG, Liberty, Elevate, Jesters?

Have Jesters ever had a recruit?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It really comes down to the player, club directors and coaches can only do so much. College coaches (especially at the top 10 - 20 programs) recruit the top players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters are going to do great with recruiting. The new directors have tons of contacts and are great ladies. they will help those girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that the haters are all going to jump on by me saying this but....I brought my daughter to YJ for the recruiting. it worked out. we gave the coach 6 schools that we wanted. all six called. we committed to our first choice. yes my delighter has high grades and a good stick. we had a great experince. i ma sure others have done well elsewhere but if recruiting is your goal you wont go wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that the haters are all going to jump on by me saying this but....I brought my daughter to YJ for the recruiting. it worked out. we gave the coach 6 schools that we wanted. all six called. we committed to our first choice. yes my delighter has high grades and a good stick. we had a great experince. i ma sure others have done well elsewhere but if recruiting is your goal you wont go wrong.

Not a hater, What caliber schools? Please list from both academic perspective as well as lacrosse. BTW, my guess is that your daughter would have had the same experience at Elevate, Liberty or Top Guns as I truly believe it is more about the player and her abilities than the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a hater, What caliber schools? Please list from both academic perspective as well as lacrosse. BTW, my guess is that your daughter would have had the same experience at Elevate, Liberty or Top Guns as I truly believe it is more about the player and her abilities than the club.

take a look at each clubs website for the commit lists ( the 22's are posted for both TG and YJ) and make your decision based on facts. all the clubs try to promote their player as it in their self interest to do so, but nobody has the track record of the YJ that's just the facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"WE gave the coach 6 schools that WE wanted. all six called. WE committed to OUR first choice." Hope your daughter is happy with YOUR choice, will be a long 4 years if she isn't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the best advice anyone can give you. Depend on no one except yourself for recruiting. Make all your own contacts with the coaches at the schools you are interested. At most you can ask a coach or director for a letter of recommendation. Please do not rely on other people for this, no matter what club or position they may hold. Also be realistic about which schools will be interested. If your kid is a top five kid of all of Long Island, she will have many options including a few of the top teams in college. A top 25 kid will also have a fair amount of options, but likely not too many from top 20 schools. For the many years I have been involved, I would have to say the biggest problem is players/parents overshooting. Pick a few reach programs, the bulk should be good fit programs, and you better have a bunch of sure bets in the mix as well. Then contact all of them yourself, it is 100% your responsibility, leave nothing to a coach, director or club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jesters are going to do great with recruiting. The new directors have tons of contacts and are great ladies. they will help those girls.

Huh? Jesters zero commits to date. The directors contacts must not be great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to break your heart but jesters are starting with the 23 group. you will see recruiting results. guaranteed. it wont stop there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So LI UA (YJ) teams travel to tourney only to lose again. LI Command can’t even get to finals. LI Highlight gets whipped in finals by Balto. Glad to be out of that nonsense but see that the picking of YJ players is not the solution. A lot of hype but in the end marginal players who can’t win. Picking YJ b players over other deserving A players continues and probably will until LI decides to send their best players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So LI UA (YJ) teams travel to tourney only to lose again. LI Command can’t even get to finals. LI Highlight gets whipped in finals by Balto. Glad to be out of that nonsense but see that the picking of YJ players is not the solution. A lot of hype but in the end marginal players who can’t win. Picking YJ b players over other deserving A players continues and probably will until LI decides to send their best players.

Guess what.. when you make it to the final game.. someone has to lose. Tip your hat to the Baltimore team, they executed on all levels.. it was a two goal game mid-way thru the 2nd half so it wasn't necessarily a blow out.. the last Balt goal was with 2 seconds left to make it 11-6. LI Sent a good team, it wasn't up to the task but they got themselves to the final game.. what more do you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would have been a different game if Carol was the coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess what.. when you make it to the final game.. someone has to lose. Tip your hat to the Baltimore team, they executed on all levels.. it was a two goal game mid-way thru the 2nd half so it wasn't necessarily a blow out.. the last Balt goal was with 2 seconds left to make it 11-6. LI Sent a good team, it wasn't up to the task but they got themselves to the final game.. what more do you want.

Simple answer. To start ... pick the best players instead of the usual YJ marginal players. And if your ok going there to have Balto double up the score then you are also the problem. There were players picked that were not as good as other players who were cut. Sorry if the truth hurts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

IIRC Balt went up 6-1 and then cruised the rest of the way. The game was not even close. Baltimore won just about every draw and played very well. LI just needs to get it together and pick the right players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- IIRC Balt went up 6-1 and then cruised the rest of the way... while true, it was a 2 goal game with about 20 min to go, it didnt get closer but but to say LI wasnt in it or had no chance is wrong
2-The game was not even close...Balt lead from wire to wire.. but LI had chances
3- Baltimore won just about every draw and played very well... all true
4-LI just needs to get it together and pick the right players....ahh phooey, where are these superstars that were left home? LI was out coached, out schemed, out executed and in the end out played

5-pick the best players instead of the usual YJ marginal players... Id love to hear who you think was left off the team
6-And if your ok going there to have Balto double up the score then you are also the problem... Im fine with the effort put out, they didnt get the result.. thats it.
6-There were players picked that were not as good as other players who were cut... Please
7-Sorry if the truth hurts... I had a blast, was worth every minute..

8- Would have been a different game if Carol was the coach... while I wish that were true, I don't think i would have mattered

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- IIRC Balt went up 6-1 and then cruised the rest of the way... while true, it was a 2 goal game with about 20 min to go, it didnt get closer but but to say LI wasnt in it or had no chance is wrong
2-The game was not even close...Balt lead from wire to wire.. but LI had chances
3- Baltimore won just about every draw and played very well... all true
4-LI just needs to get it together and pick the right players....ahh phooey, where are these superstars that were left home? LI was out coached, out schemed, out executed and in the end out played

5-pick the best players instead of the usual YJ marginal players... Id love to hear who you think was left off the team
6-And if your ok going there to have Balto double up the score then you are also the problem... Im fine with the effort put out, they didnt get the result.. thats it.
6-There were players picked that were not as good as other players who were cut... Please
7-Sorry if the truth hurts... I had a blast, was worth every minute..

8- Would have been a different game if Carol was the coach... while I wish that were true, I don't think i would have mattered

Maybe having half the team made up with 2022’s wasn’t a very good idea. Cmon..... have CR the coach. That ship sailed long time ago. Unfortunately LI recycles the same YJ HS coaches who have obligation to pick the YJ and HS players they coach. But doing the same notIntelligent thing every year and expecting different results well.... command not in top 4 and highlight loses again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to break your heart but jesters are starting with the 23 group. you will see recruiting results. guaranteed. it wont stop there.

They have a 2022 team, yes? How is recruiting going for that team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have a 2022 team, yes? How is recruiting going for that team?

Check the YJ website, the commit list is posted... academy’s, Ivys, ACC, Big 10 all represented

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no one has done it better than YJ. year after year. the place to bring your kid for recruiting . fact.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard