Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
Anonymous #312695 10/20/20 08:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Give the kid a chance" ...and there here you have it. Participation trophy time. No accolades, earned nothing, but give her a chance because? Oh right, because she is JS's new project.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #312704 10/20/20 09:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny , not old or mature enough to face some criticism but old enough to be unfairly selected to try out for a women’s team .

Funny how you want to criticize a young women while remaining anonymous. Please tell everyone who your daughter is so the rest of the haters can go on the attack. This is not about the player, it’s about the people who made the decision.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312712 10/20/20 09:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Give the kid a chance" ...and there here you have it. Participation trophy time. No accolades, earned nothing, but give her a chance because? Oh right, because she is JS's new project.

Get over it already...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312733 10/21/20 06:07 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny , not old or mature enough to face some criticism but old enough to be unfairly selected to try out for a women’s team .

Once you enter college, and turn 18, you're not a kid anymore. There are going to be critics, that's part of life. When people think something important was done unfairly, they will state their claim and provide evidence. I don't see anyone on here attacking the girl, in fact every post I read wishes her well. The point is she had no business being chosen based on her accolades (non). That's all. Stop trying to make more of it than it is. My daughter was in no way in the running for this, but I 100% agree with other posters that there were so many other girls who had actual college accomplishments that qualified them for an invite.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312762 10/21/20 08:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree this is not the girls fault at all. She applied like many others and was selected. As previously said she is very very good player(do I think better than other kids in college no-but not her issue or fault) . I wish her luck. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her make the training squad for sure and team potentially The coaching staff has to save face and their EGO now.

Also a good preview to the state of women’s lax for future. Let’s you think about that one-not good.

This is on the three coaches and mainly Levy. She is the Head Coach with final say. Spillana has his players back(always has) and had an agenda. He was successful. He made Levy look foolish to the lacrosse world. Second agenda accomplished . I would also like US lacrosse to announce who was on the Selection panel. I think this should be public knowledge for a non profit to provide, and maybe make things clear. They noted a past player and coach of team USA-who was this?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312767 10/21/20 08:17 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree this is not the girls fault at all. She applied like many others and was selected. As previously said she is very very good player(do I think better than other kids in college no-but not her issue or fault) . I wish her luck. I wouldn’t be surprised to see her make the training squad for sure and team potentially The coaching staff has to save face and their EGO now.

Also a good preview to the state of women’s lax for future. Let’s you think about that one-not good.

This is on the three coaches and mainly Levy. She is the Head Coach with final say. Spillana has his players back(always has) and had an agenda. He was successful. He made Levy look foolish to the lacrosse world. Second agenda accomplished . I would also like US lacrosse to announce who was on the Selection panel. I think this should be public knowledge for a non profit to provide, and maybe make things clear. They noted a past player and coach of team USA-who was this?

Over 20 people on committee if it was just one person it wouldn’t happen as much as this pisses us off there were clearly many that also voted this way

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312769 10/21/20 08:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the 20 people? Is there a list?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312786 10/21/20 09:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time a pool of players is selected for something high profile like this, there are some deserving players left off the list. Some of you have no problem with your daughter getting hype and opportunities over others because she plays for a certain club or high school or committed to a prestigious college, but when the shoe is on the other foot you lose it. Maybe it's never happened to your daughter before, but others have been through it and the smart ones handle it gracefully and use it as motivation and a learning experience. It's done, move on. Try to be supportive because the players chosen did not select themselves and don't deserve to be bashed for it. I bet there were other incoming college freshman who also applied and maybe the one chosen must have had something the panel was looking for that other applicants didn't.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312794 10/21/20 09:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every time a pool of players is selected for something high profile like this, there are some deserving players left off the list. Some of you have no problem with your daughter getting hype and opportunities over others because she plays for a certain club or high school or committed to a prestigious college, but when the shoe is on the other foot you lose it. Maybe it's never happened to your daughter before, but others have been through it and the smart ones handle it gracefully and use it as motivation and a learning experience. It's done, move on. Try to be supportive because the players chosen did not select themselves and don't deserve to be bashed for it. I bet there were other incoming college freshman who also applied and maybe the one chosen must have had something the panel was looking for that other applicants didn't.

Like what? The Daddy Warbucks of college lacrosse as a coach?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312803 10/21/20 09:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also hearing many players chose not to apply for whatever reasons so the player pool was smaller than anticipated which makes sense

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312806 10/21/20 10:01 AM
C
Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
C

Like what? The Daddy Warbucks of college lacrosse as a coach?

Made sure to get in the roster bio on the SB website: "AS A FRESHMAN IN 2020-21: Youngest member invited to 50-player official tryout for U.S. team that will represent country in 2021 World Lacrosse Women’s World Championship."

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312807 10/21/20 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. The player and her parents are of course partly to blame for this obviously unethical selection. "Very, Very good " according to who ,again her accolades are good at best but not great for a high school player. As far as him making Levy look foolish I agree but it makes him look dishonorable and sleazy and hopefully more players transfer out of his program .

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312814 10/21/20 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“ spallina always has his players back” might be the funniest comment I heard in this site. He had 11 recruits in 2018 class only 2 are left. Ask the 9 that left if he always had their backs, and while you’re at it let’s ask about how he treats 2nd year players with scholarship money. He is a master at the social media game and building up individual players.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312816 10/21/20 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. The player and her parents are of course partly to blame for this obviously unethical selection. "Very, Very good " according to who ,again her accolades are good at best but not great for a high school player. As far as him making Levy look foolish I agree but it makes him look dishonorable and sleazy and hopefully more players transfer out of his program .

[ChillLaxin]. BTW, For the most part High School Accolades mean nothing so not sure why some want to keep carrying on about them or lack of them. With the exception of Under Armour Senior All American and the US Lacrosse 8 or 9 from Nassau, Suffolk and other Hot Bed Areas its all BS as there are simply too many to count. This has nothing to do with player or parents. It is about the people who selected the players. It is very hard to see the justification in this selection but to those who want to knock the player you are way off base.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312829 10/21/20 11:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"[ChillLaxin]. BTW, For the most part High School Accolades mean nothing so not sure why some want to keep carrying on about them or lack of them. With the exception of Under Armour Senior All American and the US Lacrosse 8 or 9 from Nassau, Suffolk and other Hot Bed Areas its all BS as there are simply too many to count. This has nothing to do with player or parents. It is about the people who selected the players. It is very hard to see the justification in this selection but to those who want to knock the player you are way off base."
As Joe Biden would say "come on man". People are talking about high school accolades because that is all this player has . How is it way off base to knock one of the main actors in this obviously unethical scheme ,you want to get selected for a women's team that you obviously have no business being selected for there is going to be some negative attention. In Nassau and Suffolk I believe US lax AA is more of an honor than UA senior AA as the selection is made by coaches who actually know the players , yes politics involved in both .

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 16 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 15 16
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard