Winter Clinics & Preseason Training Available - Check Camps/Clinics Forum Section | Registration is now Open for the CBLaxers.com UnD1sputed Showcases!!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Forum Statistics
Forums21
Topics3,441
Posts357,016
Members2,528
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,020
T
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
T
Joined: Feb 2014
Posts: 1,020
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for the 2023 Graduating Girls (10th Graders) for the Fall 2020/Summer 2021 Season.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA. They took your money. Told you so 🤣

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA. They took your money. Told you so 🤣

Just like WPLL

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WPLL was a virtual tryout. UA had tryouts and the girls will play games. Just because it is regional and not the format it was in years past does not take away the fact that girls earned their spots through a tryout process. Stop whining, the other tryouts will happen.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA. They took your money. Told you so 🤣

Yup! This years “event” has turned into a money grab. No thank you!

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
UA. They took your money. Told you so 🤣

Yup! This years “event” has turned into a money grab. No thank you!

I learned from another dad years ago, pay the walkup. Whatever it is, pay it. Your kid is sick, you don't go. They cancel, you don't have to fight for your money back. Pay the walk up and don't give them your money until you get there.

We went to the Warrior All-America BS tryout a few years ago - looked at the kids on the field, they were not even close to "elite" as the marketing hype had portrayed, got back in the car, and drove away.

Pay the walkup and dodge the money grabs. I hope this helps someone else as much as it's helped us.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

YJ and TG are following state guidelines that restricts travel for youth sports. Legacy is not. It’s really quite simple.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

Enjoy the long drive. It will give you plenty of time to obsess over what TG and YJ are doing. While I’m sitting on the beach later, I won’t be thinking about Legacy at all.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

Enjoy the long drive. It will give you plenty of time to obsess over what TG and YJ are doing. While I’m sitting on the beach later, I won’t be thinking about Legacy at all.

Thought enough to reply though...

Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy coming home after doing what YJ couldn’t do beat Jesters. We’ll enjoy the ride home and you enjoy your scrimmages this week if you have any.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy coming home after doing what YJ couldn’t do beat Jesters. We’ll enjoy the ride home and you enjoy your scrimmages this week if you have any.

Just wondering if this is a teenage girl or a parent?

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy beats jesters easily! Was up 5-1 at the half and won 7-4..

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy beats jesters easily! Was up 5-1 at the half and won 7-4..

Unbiased parent here who went to watch the game to see what all the Jesters “hoopla” was. Both teams are very talented, field conditions horrible, and it was well officiated. Jesters was within one goal and scored, but the player clearly ran through the goal circle and it didn’t count.

It was closer than what this post states. Both coaches are over the top with challenging the officiating. In fact, the worst I’ve seen by coaches.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Focal score was 7-5. That goal that was called back would have made it a 1 goal game with 4 mins to go. Let’s play again under better Conditions. Great match up. Legacy fought hard to keep that lead entire second half.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No excuses.. wasn’t close! Jesters stayed would beat legacy easily and it didn’t happen.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to laugh at the "unbiased parent" here who went to watch the game in the cornfields of Pennsylvania. LMAO. I am a Legacy parent and i'm not embarrassed to say it. First of all the fact that you say we beat Jesters easily is just not factual. Yes they got off to a slow start but in the second half if you can't be honest that you weren't nervous like I was then your only fooling yourself cause I felt like we escaped with that win. Second of all the final score was a misprint and it was 7-5 and that's with the 2 goals they took off the board for Jesters so luckily for us it worked in our favor. Lastly, that jester team is very good so hats off to them. My daughter got in the car and said "Mom, we got lucky cause they were coming back" Sorry, just speaking the truth. Don't believe me watch the game film because we are all getting it smile All in all good day of lacrosse, not looking forward to playing Jesters again cause they scare me...… jus sayen

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to laugh at the "unbiased parent" here who went to watch the game in the cornfields of Pennsylvania. LMAO. I am a Legacy parent and i'm not embarrassed to say it. First of all the fact that you say we beat Jesters easily is just not factual. Yes they got off to a slow start but in the second half if you can't be honest that you weren't nervous like I was then your only fooling yourself cause I felt like we escaped with that win. Second of all the final score was a misprint and it was 7-5 and that's with the 2 goals they took off the board for Jesters so luckily for us it worked in our favor. Lastly, that jester team is very good so hats off to them. My daughter got in the car and said "Mom, we got lucky cause they were coming back" Sorry, just speaking the truth. Don't believe me watch the game film because we are all getting it smile All in all good day of lacrosse, not looking forward to playing Jesters again cause they scare me...… jus sayen

The unbiased parent is me and I went to watch the game as I’m a fan of good lacrosse and this was good lacrosse. My daughter played 2 fields down directly after “dufus”! You need to read my post more closely “fool”! I said the game was much closer than the score. The 2 scores were taken off for clear violations, which can easily be seen on the “game film”!

You’re a Jesters parent “posing” as a Legacy parent! That is completely obvious. Both coaches, while knowledgable, are stunads!

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I have to laugh at the "unbiased parent" here who went to watch the game in the cornfields of Pennsylvania. LMAO. I am a Legacy parent and i'm not embarrassed to say it. First of all the fact that you say we beat Jesters easily is just not factual. Yes they got off to a slow start but in the second half if you can't be honest that you weren't nervous like I was then your only fooling yourself cause I felt like we escaped with that win. Second of all the final score was a misprint and it was 7-5 and that's with the 2 goals they took off the board for Jesters so luckily for us it worked in our favor. Lastly, that jester team is very good so hats off to them. My daughter got in the car and said "Mom, we got lucky cause they were coming back" Sorry, just speaking the truth. Don't believe me watch the game film because we are all getting it smile All in all good day of lacrosse, not looking forward to playing Jesters again cause they scare me...… jus sayen

You’re a clown and not a Legacy parent. Jesters played great. The conditions stunk. They were dangerous and I’m glad no one was hurt. Still Jesters played hard and I give them full credit. But at no point, none, was there any question about the outcome of that game.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

Let’s have the rematch on Long Island.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s have the rematch on Long Island.[/quote]

Now that we have 4 legit teams on Long Island. Wouldn’t a local round robin be great! For the life of me I don’t understand why that doesn’t happen.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

You're living in a fantasy world that does not involve girls lacrosse rules. Legacy also had a goal clawed back for shooting space. That's the rules. Deal with it. Do we add that phantom goal for Legacy to the fantasy score? Or how about the goal when the Legacy goalie slipped and fell in the mud after making the save when the ball slowly rolled in the cage while she was face planted in the muck? Do we take that goal back because the goalie was playing in a swamp? No, we deal with it. The ball rolled in, it's a goal. That's the rules.

But if we fix all the imaginary problems snowflake, equally on both sides, we still come up with a score of 8-6. Same outcome. Jesters lose by two. Get over it and stop wishing the score to what it wasn't. You're dragging down your daughter's team and looking like a classless sore lost.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

It was 5-2 at the half. Excellent game.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Final score was 7-5. Jesters started slow and were down 5-1 at half on a sloppy muddy field. Jesters seem to make an adjustment and they were a different team second half. Came storming back and dominated second half but came up short. They cut the lead to 1 goal with @ 4 min left on a beautiful transition goal that was called back because player stepped in crease. That was the second goal Jesters had taken off the board. Was a great game with two great teams. Pretty to watch. Would love to see these two teams go at it again on a dry field in better conditions.

It was 5-2 at the half. Excellent game.


A parent talked about game film earlier. I wonder if the film caught the cheap shot of the Jesters player “clockin’” the Legacy player in the head outside of the officials view. We heard it on the sideline. That’s some “bush league” behavior!

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is who is going to leave the Dumpster Fire of Torched Talent or the Clowns with Clubs Show to go to a real team?

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy coming home after doing what YJ couldn’t do beat Jesters. We’ll enjoy the ride home and you enjoy your scrimmages this week if you have any.

Just wondering if this is a teenage girl or a parent?
parent living through his/her kid
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

Enjoy the long drive. It will give you plenty of time to obsess over what TG and YJ are doing. While I’m sitting on the beach later, I won’t be thinking about Legacy at all.

no one cares about legacy. except the dad that pulled over on the highway to comment. dud

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy coming home after doing what YJ couldn’t do beat Jesters. We’ll enjoy the ride home and you enjoy your scrimmages this week if you have any.

Just wondering if this is a teenage girl or a parent?
parent living through his/her kid
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy on their way to another summer tournament as YJ and TG stay home. I would hope both clubs offered refunds for the tournaments that players were promised and didn’t get any. Oh well I guess you can hope your clubs do something in the fall.

Enjoy the long drive. It will give you plenty of time to obsess over what TG and YJ are doing. While I’m sitting on the beach later, I won’t be thinking about Legacy at all.

no one cares about legacy. except the dad that pulled over on the highway to comment. dud

Just remember this - college coaches need team players. If YJ Thorn was a team, they might be amazing. They're not. They're 12 individuals on the field at the same time. Even Carol Rose's legendary connections might not fix that mess when it comes to recruiting.

Also, we all know CR does her very best to avoid the embarrassment that the Thorn team is capable of. She's been doing it for 5 years. That's why you're always in a weak bracket. She probably didn't take Jesters seriously, and the joke is on her (pun intended). You'll never play TG or Legacy. Ever. The potential loss is bad for business and we've all seen how good YJ Thorn is at losing. CR knows it and so do you. So, you can stop the "let's play on LI" junk. It will never ever happen. Just understand you're the team dragging down the brand and you should make as little noise as possible.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a scrappy game all around, I think both teams got there fair share of cheap shots at each other. It was a very competitve hard fought game.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It was a scrappy game all around, I think both teams got there fair share of cheap shots at each other. It was a very competitve hard fought game.


if legacy beat jesters imagine what they would do to YJ

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would anyone really change clubs at this point? I hear lots of movement happening all over

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It was a scrappy game all around, I think both teams got there fair share of cheap shots at each other. It was a very competitve hard fought game.


if legacy beat jesters imagine what they would do to YJ

No one is losing sleep over Legacy. No one. Go back to washing your truck.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how the wack clubs keeping comparing themselves to YJ and TG. They obsess about what TG and YJ are doing this summer yet no one cares what they are doing because they are irrelevant in the bigger picture. Disobeying laws and mandates is the cool thing to do now. Main reason US is where it is today.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny how the wack clubs keeping comparing themselves to YJ and TG. They obsess about what TG and YJ are doing this summer yet no one cares what they are doing because they are irrelevant in the bigger picture. Disobeying laws and mandates is the cool thing to do now. Main reason US is where it is today.

Since you seem to be the only one that doesn’t get it. It is the comments of Talent to Torch, best 23 team on the island that drive the YJ comments. Also please do not put YJ in the same sentence at TG. TG is clearly the top team on the island, YJ would have to beat them at least once.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny how the wack clubs keeping comparing themselves to YJ and TG. They obsess about what TG and YJ are doing this summer yet no one cares what they are doing because they are irrelevant in the bigger picture. Disobeying laws and mandates is the cool thing to do now. Main reason US is where it is today.

Since you seem to be the only one that doesn’t get it. It is the comments of Talent to Torch, best 23 team on the island that drive the YJ comments. Also please do not put YJ in the same sentence at TG. TG is clearly the top team on the island, YJ would have to beat them at least once.

YJ can't beat Top Guns Best team by far on LI YJ 2023 disaster

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Funny how the wack clubs keeping comparing themselves to YJ and TG. They obsess about what TG and YJ are doing this summer yet no one cares what they are doing because they are irrelevant in the bigger picture. Disobeying laws and mandates is the cool thing to do now. Main reason US is where it is today.

Since you seem to be the only one that doesn’t get it. It is the comments of Talent to Torch, best 23 team on the island that drive the YJ comments. Also please do not put YJ in the same sentence at TG. TG is clearly the top team on the island, YJ would have to beat them at least once.

YJ can't beat Top Guns Best team by far on LI YJ 2023 disaster

YJ 2023 isn't a disaster. I shouldn't waste my time responding to this but I just did.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this point in the game the top 4 on Long Island looks like:

1) TG
2) Legacy
3) Jesters
4) YJ Torched

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is best team in the 23 age group. They quietly snuck up on TG because the steve knows how to coach and develop players. Better coach than Andrew.

Re: Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He is not a better coach. Saw it first hand at Under Armour last year. He's actually a bad coach.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4