BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,115
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You are not supposed to leave unless it is an emergency. And if you do you are supposed to self quarantine upon your return. Hearing CT is about to pull the plug as the cat is out of the bag.

We are suppose to play in NJ in a couple of weeks in BIG X tournament originally scheduled for Hofstra. I guess that's on egg shells now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is tri state travel advisory. NY CT and NJ residents do not have to quarantine when traveling to those states if they are resident of the tri state. It’s when they travel to a state that is a hot spot they have quarantine or when flying fill out a form at the airport. Reading ability varies from town to town, hope it isn't too difficult to comprehend this; https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/g...s/SportsAndRecreationSummaryGuidance.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is tri state travel advisory. NY CT and NJ residents do not have to quarantine when traveling to those states if they are resident of the tri state. It’s when they travel to a state that is a hot spot they have quarantine or when flying fill out a form at the airport
Can I just ask, if you chose to play like we have, please wear a mask and socially distance. At the very least, when I’m wearing a mask in 100 degree weather, stop moving closer. It’s really not that hard. Make a choice but make an attempt to follow some rules.
The boys are having fun and we can beat all of this with a little effort. Shoot, if half the effort spent posting were applied to basics like masks and distance we may have a full season next year. If not NJ and CT are going to kick us all out and you’ll really be wondering how to talk to the family.

Reading ability varies from town to town, hope it isn't too difficult to comprehend this; https://www.governor.ny.gov/sites/g...s/SportsAndRecreationSummaryGuidance.pdf

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dopey parents can't travel for work or vacation but driving all over the east coast to stoke their feeble ego's and get drunk.
Dopey teachers crying about school in September that its not safe but travel on vacations all summer and travel for lacrosse tournaments out of state on a moments notice. Scams all around .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What kind of person harasses people on a lacrosse page whilst being on said lacrosse page? They criticize people on a lacrosse page for wanting their kids to play lacrosse but don’t see how pathetic they are for being on that lacrosse page.
And if you are a male please hand in your card. It’s embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post is untrue. There is nothing that says you can't leave the state or travel to another state. NY law doesn't govern what you do in another state. The return to play rules only apply in NY. There is no requirement to quarantine upon return from NJ or NY or PA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your post is untrue. There is nothing that says you can't leave the state or travel to another state. NY law doesn't govern what you do in another state. The return to play rules only apply in NY. There is no requirement to quarantine upon return from NJ or NY or PA.

"Competitive tournaments of multiple games, meets, matches, or scrimmages requiring travel" When you went to CT last week, little Cooper played in a competitive tournament in-turn, required you to travel into CT. What don't you understand. That aside, please open the schools in September. Parents will greatly benefit, enrolling in evening remedial reading comprehension classes after feeding time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Traveling during a Pandemic to play is just another thing to add to the list of us delusional parents living through our kids, throwing crazy amounts of money at the sport, kissing the butt of directors, eating garbage with a smile every time our coach speaks, pretending we care about the team when its really just about our kids. Its really quite sad if you look in the mirror and analyze what we have become.

Oh and it looks like more and more college sports like lax will be defunded because nobody but us parents got to watch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bottom line is Kiddie lax isnt all that important in lieu of current events. And playing these out of state tournaments is accomplishing nothing other than occupying your kid for a few hrs and allowing you an escape from the real world. All this while aiding in the spread of Covid and diminishing the chances of a fall season. Nicely done. You are all true role models for your kids. YEAH RIGHT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 10 reasons parents cant "Just say no" to Lax during a pandemic:

10: They are not fans of Nancy Reagan
9. They believe their kid is the next "Big thing"
8. Tournaments are a great way to get a sun tan
7. The exceptional company & conversation with other parents on the team
6. They haven't used up all of the mileage on their lease
5. "Lax is life"
4. Want to show off that Team Swag that cost $3k
3. Yelling "Wheels" and "That's gotta be white" beats reading a book
2. Monkey See, Monkey do
1. They believe virus is a hoax

The fact that you are wasting your time on this lame attempt at humor means your kid's team is not playing and you're resentful or you are having serious doubts about holding your kid out of the tournaments.
My son's team is playing and everyone having fun.

This is so on point. While I do think that some parents have a legitimate concern about returning to play, I am equally as sure that many parents are upset that their kids club pulled the plug on the season. If your club cancelled the season, or you opted to keep your kid out, there is certainly no reason to troll a lax forum looking to spout your opinion to everybody. While I am letting my son play, it is not for some lax bro culture reason, it's simply because I believe that it is the best thing for him mentally and physically. We, as parents, take all reasonable precautions, and we urge our son to do the same. Moreover, how many parents on this board are knocking those of us with kids that are playing, but their own kid is hanging out with a huge group of kids at the park, beach, etc.. I respect the decision that anybody makes to not play, but please respect my decision as well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. "Lax is life"
2. Monkey See, Monkey do

The fact that you are wasting your time on this lame attempt at humor means your kid's team is not playing and you're resentful or you are having serious doubts about holding your kid out of the tournaments.

This is so on point. While I do think that some parents have a legitimate concern about returning to play, I am equally as sure that many parents are upset that their kids club pulled the plug on the season. If your club cancelled the season, or you opted to keep your kid out, there is certainly no reason to troll a lax forum looking to spout your opinion to everybody. While I am letting my son play, it is not for some lax bro culture reason, it's simply because I believe that it is the best thing for him mentally and physically. We, as parents, take all reasonable precautions, and we urge our son to do the same. Moreover, how many parents on this board are knocking those of us with kids that are playing, but their own kid is hanging out with a huge group of kids at the park, beach, etc.. I respect the decision that anybody makes to not play, but please respect my decision as well.

Signed,
Delusional future D1 full ride recruit parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. "Lax is life"
2. Monkey See, Monkey do

Signed,

No delusions on this end, but keep trolling the forums

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. "Lax is life"
2. Monkey See, Monkey do

Signed,

Says the guy that runs to buy the tournament t-shirt, and probably upgrades to the performance shirt with his kids name and number for an extra $25

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now now ladies...let's stick to the script. No Refunds.... Is 1 cheesy tournament across state lines good enough to keep you from asking for a partial refund or a credit?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. "Lax is life"
2. Monkey See, Monkey do

Signed,

Says the guy that runs to buy the tournament t-shirt, and probably upgrades to the performance shirt with his kids name and number for an extra $25

Last I heard from my club is BIG X is moved to NJ. Texted coach, and emailed organization yesterday, no answer . This change of venue is way past old. If no definite answer by beginning of next week, we are out. Entire summer ruined over this lax business. Thought if I wasn't getting a refund, use up the restart time, but not worth it. Should of opted out in June.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5. "Lax is life"
2. Monkey See, Monkey do

bingo..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is so on point. While I do think that some parents have a legitimate concern about returning to play, I am equally as sure that many parents are upset that their kids club pulled the plug on the season. If your club cancelled the season, or you opted to keep your kid out, there is certainly no reason to troll a lax forum looking to spout your opinion to everybody. While I am letting my son play, it is not for some lax bro culture reason, it's simply because I believe that it is the best thing for him mentally and physically. We, as parents, take all reasonable precautions, and we urge our son to do the same. Moreover, how many parents on this board are knocking those of us with kids that are playing, but their own kid is hanging out with a huge group of kids at the park, beach, etc.. I respect the decision that anybody makes to not play, but please respect my decision as well.[/quote]
Very well said! The one thing I'd love to stress to parents who are letting their kids play and want them to continue to play is follow the rules. I don't care your personal thoughts (or even my own), but if a tourney requires parents wear face coverings, then wear them. If they say no coolers, don't have a cooler on the sidelines. It doesn't matter if you think it is wrong, goes against political ideals or makes no difference, the fact is the more people who follow the rules the more lax our kids will get to play. Don't be afraid to tell other parents on your team to follow the rules...we are all way too old to get any satisfaction from being disobedient just for the sake of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now now ladies...let's stick to the script. No Refunds.... Is 1 cheesy tournament across state lines good enough to keep you from asking for a partial refund or a credit?
So true .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two words....Play dates! No need to travel across state lines. We have enough talent on Long Island. The Big X classic is a waste of time. Travel to NJ to play LI teams . We are mot getting refunds so why are we spending any more money to go out of state. Practice and local play dates is just fine with me

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah, but that makes too much sense. Fire up the parade of cars...Off to CT and DE we go! Hopefully I get a room that wasnt cleaned or disinfected

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two words....Play dates! No need to travel across state lines. We have enough talent on Long Island. The Big X classic is a waste of time. Travel to NJ to play LI teams . We are mot getting refunds so why are we spending any more money to go out of state. Practice and local play dates is just fine with me

Isn't this really the situation all of the time (coming from a NJ guy that definitely has to travel). I guess that the real difference is getting exposure for the high school kids, but LI is in itself a pretty big draw for college coaches anyway. Obviously, none of this means anything this summer, but generally speaking, I would never want to leave LI to play. Ironically, the only place I do not like playing is LI, but only because getting onto the island in the summer is difficult, and the the hotels are expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great idea once the State of New York allows real lacrosse again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Yellow jackets A played Jesters Black last week. More play dates please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

then stay home. We'll let you know how much fun the kids had at the tournament since you need to post on BOTC every hour.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only fact that’s important here is that greedy club owners are holding money grabs and endangering kids and families by not enforcing social distancing measures and requiring COVID tests prior to participation. Very sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry....Must be some other like minded individual..LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant blame the club owners. They aren't making dopey parents bring their Johnny Rockstar's to these meaningless scams. Its ALL on the parents. 110% on the parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In May, when the conversation began about re-starting practices, the majority of parents should of decided to hold off and demand a refund and/or credit. But parents elected to schlep kids to watered down practices and partake in meaningless out of state tournaments against NYS COVID Guidelines. Now, in a few weeks SOME clubs will be looking for payment towards the 2020-2021 season. Think about it; Future lax tournaments are in question. So do you really think clubs will sign their teams up for tournaments next year, risking losing their up-front payment this go around. Don't think so. It's easier just to keep our money and expect more later. As parents we have control, be many of us become distracted, literally over consumed by the false hopes spewed by so many clubs. I can only imagine if parents put in the same amount of effort in their children's education and up-bringing as they do in club Lacrosse. Ask yourself a couple of questions; are your kids that much of a better player after all of this and are the kids more proficient in reading and writing since March?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cant blame the club owners. They aren't making dopey parents bring their Johnny Rockstar's to these meaningless scams. Its ALL on the parents. 110% on the parents.

You can blame the owners b/c they are the ones that are scheduling the teams to play in these events out of state to get around the NY guidelines - just so they can say - we had the tournament, so we don't owe you any money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can blame the owners b/c they are the ones that are scheduling the teams to play in these events out of state to get around the NY guidelines - just so they can say - we had the tournament, so we don't owe you any money.

Well, NY guidelines are a joke and Cuomo is enjoying the power trip.
Arbitrary rules decided by people who seemingly have no familiarity with sports. Lacrosse should be among the lowest risk in terms of virus transmission.
I'm getting emails for an indoor basketball clinic for next week. Apparently that is okay..
I'm glad our program is being proactive and partaking in tourneys when available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, NY guidelines are a joke and Cuomo is enjoying the power trip.
Arbitrary rules decided by people who seemingly have no familiarity with sports. Lacrosse should be among the lowest risk in terms of virus transmission.
I'm getting emails for an indoor basketball clinic for next week. Apparently that is okay..
I'm glad our program is being proactive and partaking in tourneys when available.

100% agree. I'm not letting these liberals affect me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scary reading this post...and listening to some of the logic out there.

my kid plays for an expensive club - it stunk when they charged us during the pandemic for nothing. But, now he's had practice daily for 3 straight weeks. So, at least i don't feel like i was totally suckered. He's got no other structured activities this summer (nor has he for the past 4 months), so it's been great. Matter of fact, i am glad he has organized sports rather than video games.

What's the end game here?
- do all of the commentators really feel like travel lacrosse is solely for the college recruiting exposure and scholarships (LOL)
- does everyone realize this is 100% voluntary, and you are not required to partake in all of these hysterics? PAL and school sports will return.
- if you cannot pay or don't want to... then don't do it. But, why come on here and bash everyone else or make them feel bad for giving their kid some normalcy during the worst 6 months of their lives?

This is a business. Do not forget it. Clubs will get paid to run tournaments, train kids, organize clinics and cater to parents. I don't fault the teams for trying to do business... there are no tricks going on. I actually think they have been very upfront about that.

Now, for the teams and coaches that took money, paused their operational model saying they cannot train, but then charged for small group training....that's another story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
JUST SAY NO. I know people that have.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of it should be allowed at this point if they really want to contain this thing. The kids dont seem to be the big problem. The problem is the parents Packed together like a herd of animals, no masks, no distancing, no nothing., And they all carpooled to get there and are touching the same cooler for their beverages. Nasty! To each their own I guess. I for one, will be nowhere near that horseshi^%$#

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of it should be allowed at this point if they really want to contain this thing. The kids dont seem to be the big problem. The problem is the parents Packed together like a herd of animals, no masks, no distancing, no nothing., And they all carpooled to get there and are touching the same cooler for their beverages. Nasty! To each their own I guess. I for one, will be nowhere near that horseshi^%$#

Recent tourneys we've been to were nothing like that. Sharing coolers? No one is doing that.
There is plenty of room to spread out.
BUt hard for you to get a sense of the situation in your bunker.
And you are free to stay nowhere near that 'horseshi^%$#'.. No one is forcing you..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contract law, people...don't sign a contract that says no refunds...period. If you signed such a contract you are out of luck. This is how this country works. If your club director has worked hard to provide practices and alternate games/scrimmages/interactions, why are you complaining? Money grab? Greedy? Is the fact that children are involved the reason why making money is a sinister practice? Most clubs are fairly up-front that they are running a business. I would rather invest a few grand in my child than take a vacation that is here and gone in a week. This is not your daddy's youth sports world anymore. If you aren't getting a superior experience than that of PAL, why do you do it? Are your practices worth every penny? If not, who is to blame? You gave them the money...and signed the contract. So many people on here think that this business, because it is youth sports, should adhere to your altruistic stance and put themselves in potential financial stress...when they aren't contractually obligated to do so? Club sports have improved the game of lacrosse 10 fold. Watch a PLL game and tell me that the players 20 years ago could hang...a few could, but the skill is not even close. And this is largely due to the fact that we pay good money so great teachers of the game don't go into finance or some other line of work...so they can teach our kids. Stop being so darn silly about it. It's a contract...no one made you sign it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contract law, people...don't sign a contract that says no refunds...period. If you signed such a contract you are out of luck. This is how this country works. If your club director has worked hard to provide practices and alternate games/scrimmages/interactions, why are you complaining? Money grab? Greedy? Is the fact that children are involved the reason why making money is a sinister practice? Most clubs are fairly up-front that they are running a business. I would rather invest a few grand in my child than take a vacation that is here and gone in a week. This is not your daddy's youth sports world anymore. If you aren't getting a superior experience than that of PAL, why do you do it? Are your practices worth every penny? If not, who is to blame? You gave them the money...and signed the contract. So many people on here think that this business, because it is youth sports, should adhere to your altruistic stance and put themselves in potential financial stress...when they aren't contractually obligated to do so? Club sports have improved the game of lacrosse 10 fold. Watch a PLL game and tell me that the players 20 years ago could hang...a few could, but the skill is not even close. And this is largely due to the fact that we pay good money so great teachers of the game don't go into finance or some other line of work...so they can teach our kids. Stop being so darn silly about it. It's a contract...no one made you sign it.

Says Kevin who sues all contractors and maintenance workers in order to not pay for work done on his property

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I still don’t understand this thread, it made sense while things were uncertain of returning. But we have had a full summers worth of lax already and more to come. 11 practices, competitive games, pretty good so far. However, if you haven’t had this, I would be unhappy as well. Go find a more organized club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contract law, people...don't sign a contract that says no refunds...period. If you signed such a contract you are out of luck. This is how this country works. If your club director has worked hard to provide practices and alternate games/scrimmages/interactions, why are you complaining? Money grab? Greedy? Is the fact that children are involved the reason why making money is a sinister practice? Most clubs are fairly up-front that they are running a business. I would rather invest a few grand in my child than take a vacation that is here and gone in a week. This is not your daddy's youth sports world anymore. If you aren't getting a superior experience than that of PAL, why do you do it? Are your practices worth every penny? If not, who is to blame? You gave the
m the money...and signed the contract. So many people on here think that this business, because it is youth sports, should adhere to your altruistic stance and put themselves in potential financial stress...when they aren't contractually obligated to do so? Club sports have improved the game of lacrosse 10 fold. Watch a PLL game and tell me that the players 20 years ago could hang...a few could, but the skill is not even close. And this is largely due to the fact that we pay good money so great teachers of the game don't go into finance or some other line of work...so they can teach our kids. Stop being so darn silly about it. It's a contract...no one made you sign it.

People watch PLL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Contract law, people...don't sign a contract that says no refunds...period. If you signed such a contract you are out of luck. This is how this country works. If your club director has worked hard to provide practices and alternate games/scrimmages/interactions, why are you complaining? Money grab? Greedy? Is the fact that children are involved the reason why making money is a sinister practice? Most clubs are fairly up-front that they are running a business. I would rather invest a few grand in my child than take a vacation that is here and gone in a week. This is not your daddy's youth sports world anymore. If you aren't getting a superior experience than that of PAL, why do you do it? Are your practices worth every penny? If not, who is to blame? You gave the
m the money...and signed the contract. So many people on here think that this business, because it is youth sports, should adhere to your altruistic stance and put themselves in potential financial stress...when they aren't contractually obligated to do so? Club sports have improved the game of lacrosse 10 fold. Watch a PLL game and tell me that the players 20 years ago could hang...a few could, but the skill is not even close. And this is largely due to the fact that we pay good money so great teachers of the game don't go into finance or some other line of work...so they can teach our kids. Stop being so darn silly about it. It's a contract...no one made you sign it.

People watch PLL?

Haha, true! Who would really want to sit around and watch a bunch of 30+ year old men act like they’re still on the U15 team?? It’s downright embarrassing! Doesn’t everyone know that lax is the ticket into a top 10 academic school? Otherwise nobody cares!

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard