BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 86 87
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse about Girls from the 2026 grad class in/around the Mid-Atlantic region.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another dominant weekend for Heros. It doesn't look like anyone is going to catch them this year, i thought M&D would have gotten stronger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, Heros looks great now, but the other girls will catch up over the next few years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the top 10 at this age group? My daughter was playing up the last two years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club rankings by age group based on age group.... https://www.USCL.com/rankings.html

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are any clubs besides M&D collecting money for the summer season ? I am curious how clubs are handling the wait and see pattern for the summer season. Are any clubs offering refunds or credits for the spring season that now seems to be completely canceled ? I am not advocating one way or another - I'm just curious what other clubs (heros/coppermine/Skywalkers/MD United/hoco) are doing. AS this virus lingers longer and longer it seems possible summer won't even be played. Even if the lacrosse clubs and tournament directors want to play - the facilities and schools may not be open or available. I'm hearing of colleges beginning to close/cancel summer activities. There may not be fields to play on. I don't know how prudent paying for summer lacrosse is at this point - maybe a month from now we will know more. I'm just curious to see how it is being handled in different clubs.

Any information is appreciated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are any clubs besides M&D collecting money for the summer season ? I am curious how clubs are handling the wait and see pattern for the summer season. Are any clubs offering refunds or credits for the spring season that now seems to be completely canceled ? I am not advocating one way or another - I'm just curious what other clubs (heros/coppermine/Skywalkers/MD United/hoco) are doing. AS this virus lingers longer and longer it seems possible summer won't even be played. Even if the lacrosse clubs and tournament directors want to play - the facilities and schools may not be open or available. I'm hearing of colleges beginning to close/cancel summer activities. There may not be fields to play on. I don't know how prudent paying for summer lacrosse is at this point - maybe a month from now we will know more. I'm just curious to see how it is being handled in different clubs.

I can't speak for other clubs but I would follow professional sports. Each day that goes by is at least 30-45 days that pro seasons get pushed out. That would mean that if we got the ok to open things up pro baseball and other summer sports would not even start until beginning or end of June. I also think kids sports are lowest on the priority list when things open up and our new world will be more controlled when it comes to events. That said, I understand where the club directors are coming from. I would not pay them a cent unless the clearly define how or if they credit/refund the players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments rarely refund clubs. At most they credit some of the tuition towards future tournaments. Payments made in the summer are normally used to pay fall touranments. Clubs are required to sign up for fall tournaments in Jan, Feb, March. It is a very tough situation all around. If you have committed to a club for the year you have committed to paying the tuition for the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tournaments rarely refund clubs. At most they credit some of the tuition towards future tournaments. Payments made in the summer are normally used to pay fall touranments. Clubs are required to sign up for fall tournaments in Jan, Feb, March. It is a very tough situation all around. If you have committed to a club for the year you have committed to paying the tuition for the year.

Commitment is a 2 way street. Parents are paying for a service, which at this point has not been delivered. So if parents have the resources to help keep their clubs afloat, great. But to think that parents should feel obligated to pay more for future services when they haven't received what they are do and have paid for is a bit much. There are many other club options out there and the ones that handle this situation correctly will be just fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes other clubs are.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's going to be interesting to see how the first tournaments go. Some of the girls I thought would have been practicing like crazy over Covid didn't, others did. Seems to be a common thread and happened on my son's team as well. I've spoken to other parents who say it's the same on their teams as well.

What say you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's going to be interesting to see how the first tournaments go. Some of the girls I thought would have been practicing like crazy over Covid didn't, others did. Seems to be a common thread and happened on my son's team as well. I've spoken to other parents who say it's the same on their teams as well.

What say you?

Covid upended lives, just enjoy the fact the kids get to play, an not worry so much about how tournaments are going to go. I could care less if my kids teams lose this summer. Just to be back out there is huge for them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What say you?

I was very pleased to see that our club chose to be safe and go by State guidelines. These are middle school kids -no recruiting . Yes Integrity and MDU kids were illegally practicing but that should tell you all you need to know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the other 26 teams doing re: tryouts? My daughter's team is having tryouts, then playing a tournament then announcing who made the team. It's ironic because in the past they would put the hard sell on committing after tryouts now they want you to be in limbo for a few weeks. It also makes trying out for backup squads interesting if they are not doing the same thing.

Is this happening elsewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the other 26 teams doing re: tryouts? My daughter's team is having tryouts, then playing a tournament then announcing who made the team. It's ironic because in the past they would put the hard sell on committing after tryouts now they want you to be in limbo for a few weeks. It also makes trying out for backup squads interesting if they are not doing the same thing.

Is this happening elsewhere?
Not much choice when tourneys are into August . The hard sell clubs are doing early tryouts to lock in the money from the sucker parents. MDU/Integrity .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter tried out for both Mdu and integrity in the past. Mdu put the hard sell on, integrity didn’t. It was a big turnoff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a fan of either club. Older D moved to another club -much happier and D1 scholly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of which, heard MDU and Integrity played yesterday with Integrity winning in a close one. They are in the same bracket again this weekend with M and D and others. Will be nice just to see them play again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a boy and girl in club lax, from my experience the club sets the tone but the coach makes or breaks the deal. Glad it worked out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened at impulse for the 26s? LBC, Bethesda and the other division?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know what happened at impulse for the 26s? LBC, Bethesda and the other division?

LBC went 3-0 this weekend and 3-0 last weekend . Big game against Hero's in Owing Mills next week

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did LBC play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC has a tough schedule this weekend. Heros Green, M&D Black and LI Legacy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who did LBC play?

On Saturday - Bethesda, Integrity and MD United
Last week - TLC, MD United, Redshirts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Apparently 45 or so girls at the Integrity tryouts. Some girls from MD United and CCLax, not sure how competitive the turnout was but everything I've heard about the Integrity coach has been positive. Seems like a great coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get why so many girls would go to MD United when so many their girls are looking elsewhere. They had 5 tryout at M&D last year, 2 at integrity etc etc.

I would expect them to tryout for LBC since they are close and have a better team/foundation. LBC seems like the perfect opportunity if you're a good player considering they have a short bench and are already a good A level team.

Maybe they don't like the bridge?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard (totally unsubstantiated rumor) that LBC is moving practice to Berlin next year. Can anyone from LBC confirm?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can confirm that this is not true. LBC has practiced in Easton or QA County and will continue to do so. They have a couple practices a year at DE Turf .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you, my source is generally accurate about 50% of the time. Thanks again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC and saltwater dolphins merged apparently

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are incorrect. My daughter plays LBC and this is not true

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The teams did not merge a big portion of the Saltwater players from some teams tried out for LBC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are incorrect. My daughter plays LBC and this is not true

How many girls are on the LBC 26 roster? Seemed like they had a really good team with a small bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but LBC usually has small benches to keep the teams competitive and the girls get to play a lot.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure but LBC usually has small benches to keep the teams competitive and the girls get to play a lot.

That would almost be good for the girls More than the club... imagine that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LBC is a true not for profit. They only pay non parent coaches. The club doesn't put 20-23 players on a team to just make money like all of the other clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true you say? My daughter plays on a younger age group. LBC is still LBC and the majority of the Saltwater players tried out for LBC. I think Saltwater still has like two teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are you getting so defensive that the teams merged..they merged and are staying under the "LBC" name, not a big deal, move on....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aren't they in different places? Queen Anne's county vs. Berlin? Not sure how that would work.
I'm not sure why I care, my daughter plays somewhere else smile.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 87 1 2 3 86 87
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard