Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The announcement of Cal State system going online for the fall is definitely not good news for sports.

Unfortunately things are going to be delayed for at least another year with a potential attempt to normalcy in the winter. I hope I am wrong but from speaking to people who know ALOT more than me - fall sports like football and soccer are going to be cancelled. Some schools will open in the fall while others don't which will make school sports highly unlikely. The one caveat is this wont be everywhere. As we all know testing isn't there yet so large gatherings aren't going to occur and unlike professional sports where TV contracts and $$S will prevail there isn't going to be a central locale like Orlando or Arizona for high school sports. Without school there wont even be after school sports and if there is school - large gatherings like a football game with hundreds in the stands wont occur. Schools will start to open up in the winter but those in the know (again not me - just happen to talk to people who are) say without a cure there will be a relapse and we will be back where we are now. While we will be MUCH more prepared with masks and hopefully testing and a better response, the first thing to go will again be large gatherings. So while school will operate more smoothly with remote learning OR in some instances even staying open with factors in place such as temperature checks, face masks etc . . there will again be no LARGE gatherings after school Since I am on a Lacrosse blog - this means no spring lax without a cure. This also means no proms, school plays, etc . . I can only hope this relapse and continued "stay at home" procedure doesn't comeback next February/March but this seems inevitable. People will think all is good as things in the fall/early winter start to gain some normalcy but then things will revert. I will add that BOY, DO I HOPE THOSE SMARTER THAN ME ARE DEAD WRONG!!!

You mentioned that there would be no lax without a cure.... what about Lax For The Cure..... See what I did there?

classic

Its unfortunate but was just talking to a friend whose daughter will be enrolling in a coed New England prep school this fall and it was reported back - after a zoom call the administration just had with new parents - that it is highly unlikely Fall sports (especially those of the contact variety) are a go. That is the conversation being bantered about among ALL of the Northeast private schools. It stinks but just saying.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #302097 05/15/20 01:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this pint I just want to know how much $$$ we are getting g back from these tournaments. I’m no spring chicken and we lost $$$ last year to a rained-out ourney. Found out the hard way that with weather you get no money back!
Holding out hope and endlessly watching governors open up/close counties is getting exhausting.
It’s a good thing my daughter is not a junior. For that very reason clubs should give money back minus admin fees. It’s a good thing our club loves to run up the numbers in our teams! More families more money!
I really dont know how clubs can justify keeping any dues from this year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302100 05/15/20 02:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was moved to the end of July?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302107 05/15/20 05:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought it was moved to the end of July?

It is....dates are July 24-26th

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
B_O_T_C #302116 05/16/20 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i predict cancellation

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #302125 05/17/20 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody have insight into the virtual clinic referred to as The Future ?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302136 05/18/20 01:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s put on by Revs. Not a big fan. They do lots of money grab events

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #302335 05/27/20 08:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302348 05/27/20 11:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

What are they expected to decide relevant to women's lax?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #302349 05/27/20 11:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

have a feeling the dead period is being extended through July

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302378 05/28/20 09:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

summer tournaments, if there are any, now kind of a waste for those in the recruiting classes.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302380 05/28/20 10:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA meeting today.

summer tournaments, if there are any, now kind of a waste for those in the recruiting classes.

I agree. What would be the point of attending if no coaches will be there? I'm sure the competition would be good for the girls, but ultimately it comes down to performing in front of prospective colleges. If they don't lift the dead period on August then the 22s will have had no opportunity to get looks since last fall. That age group is really taking it on the chin through this whole thing.

Like Reply Quote
B_O_T_C #302398 05/28/20 12:15 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the dead period cover? No on campus recruiting visits, I know. Phone calls and texts still are allowed.

Can the coaches come to tournaments? Can they work at off campus camps/clinics? For example Lacrosse Masters, etc? 'Virtual" clinics?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #302404 05/28/20 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does the dead period cover? No on campus recruiting visits, I know. Phone calls and texts still are allowed.

Can the coaches come to tournaments? Can they work at off campus camps/clinics? For example Lacrosse Masters, etc? 'Virtual" clinics?

Coaches can do nothing but look at film highlights during a dead period.

Like Reply Quote
Page 28 of 33 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
CAMPS & CLINICS
BOTC SPONSORS