Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Blue Devils Lacrosse Evaluations! Game Film sent to EVERY College Coach @ the Girls LI Showcase!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 02:09 PM
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 01:49 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 01:45 PM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 01:15 PM
Boys 2028-5th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 09/30/20 12:30 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,098
Posts273,194
Members2,210
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #296932 11/20/19 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is going on with Hawks. I saw that they lost to Brotherly Love 2024 Team 9-3 this weekend were all their players playing? I would have thought this would have been a close game.

As others have commented elsewhere, Fall Ball is hard to judge a team by — on any given weekend you have in season sports conflicts like football, basketball, wrestling, etc taking precedence. Not sure you can read much into the scores, unless someone knows that was in fact the Hawks starting lineup on the field. If so, maybe it was just an off day.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #297409 12/05/19 08:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Hawks. I saw that they lost to Brotherly Love 2024 Team 9-3 this weekend were all their players playing? I would have thought this would have been a close game.

As others have commented elsewhere, Fall Ball is hard to judge a team by — on any given weekend you have in season sports conflicts like football, basketball, wrestling, etc taking precedence. Not sure you can read much into the scores, unless someone knows that was in fact the Hawks starting lineup on the field. If so, maybe it was just an off day.

They were missing several due to injury.
Football playoffs took a toll.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297424 12/06/19 03:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess only the Hawks have kids playing football and Brotherly Love and the rest of the world doesn't. You play with who you have and don't make excuses. It's okay when another team is better.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297428 12/06/19 04:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This original comment sounds like the work of the BL club director trying to drum up favorable free press for his club. Should be more transparent and just ask what he is really after. We beat the Hawks 9-3 in case you all missed it. I guess that makes us one of the best clubs around. Don't you all agree? Ridiculous!!!!! Nice try though

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #297437 12/06/19 10:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL is a bunch of clowns!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #297457 12/08/19 10:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess only the Hawks have kids playing football and Brotherly Love and the rest of the world doesn't. You play with who you have and don't make excuses. It's okay when another team is better.

The question was asked and answered. No one is making excuses.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297481 12/09/19 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]The question was asked and answered. No one is making excuses.[quote]

Answered with an excuse that doesn't hold up. BL was just better by a big margin. xU

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #297483 12/09/19 12:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see. BL beats Hawks by 6.
First comment had the Hawks maybe missing players (because no other team misses players in the fall) or an off day (proper response but still no credit given to BL).
2nd comment was about only Hawks being down players.
3rd comment has poster calling out the notIntelligent excuses.
4th comment has an attack on BL director possibly perusing the MD site and commenting.
5th comment attacks BL in general.
6th comment says the comment was answered but says excuses weren't offered.

Just how many children, figuratively and literally, are active on this site?
Proper response - BL played really well and Hawks didn't have it today.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #297521 12/10/19 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually 1st comment was the question regarding what was up with the Hawks. Accompanied with the score along with the 2nd question asking if all their players were playing. Seems to be nothing but propaganda tactics we've all seen a million times on this board. Is BL 6 goals better than the Hawks? The score alone tells you the story without having to make a production out of asking. It's the fall, probably their 3rd event, and they were missing players. Again, this is BL fishing for compliments about great they are.

This is a non story and non event. Definitely kids on here.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #298622 01/28/20 05:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the Baltimore metro area outside to the teams in the elite division (91, Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks etc..) Which programs have a track record of developing kids and helping them get recruited? This summer is an important one for this age group as teams will more than likely move to invite only and I am curious to know which of the 2nd tier teams are worth a look? No need for smart comments as not every kid play on an elite team but with the growth of the sport every decent kid has a chance to play in college. Just curious to see which programs do a good job of getting kids exposed to college recruiters.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #298635 01/29/20 07:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the Baltimore metro area outside to the teams in the elite division (91, Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks etc..) Which programs have a track record of developing kids and helping them get recruited? This summer is an important one for this age group as teams will more than likely move to invite only and I am curious to know which of the 2nd tier teams are worth a look? No need for smart comments as not every kid play on an elite team but with the growth of the sport every decent kid has a chance to play in college. Just curious to see which programs do a good job of getting kids exposed to college recruiters.

Unfortunately, if you are not on a bigger program like the teams above, it is hard to get noticed short of being some crazy good player. Then you would be recruited to play for Crabs, Hawks, FCA, etc. Look at college ranks. Very few players are from what people would consider lower ranked clubs.

Get on a team that plays against the better programs and better tournaments , and be a stand out player, you might have a shot of being recognized and get recruited to play for them, I doubt it matters what team as long as he is a good player and shows better than who he is going against. If he doesn’t show well, he is probably where he should be.,

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298643 01/29/20 12:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, if you are not on a bigger program like the teams above, it is hard to get noticed short of being some crazy good player. Then you would be recruited to play for Crabs, Hawks, FCA, etc. Look at college ranks. Very few players are from what people would consider lower ranked clubs.

Get on a team that plays against the better programs and better tournaments , and be a stand out player, you might have a shot of being recognized and get recruited to play for them, I doubt it matters what team as long as he is a good player and shows better than who he is going against. If he doesn’t show well, he is probably where he should be.,

Lots of really good 2024 talent at the NLF at IMG this year. Not as many MD teams represented at this event. But enough kids were there to fill college rosters for this class. Did anyone else have a son attend? Any observations or standout players?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #298652 01/29/20 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was the NLF event for 2024s really the top end talent? interested in any feedback

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #298655 01/29/20 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 the weakest class for MD talent in a long time. FACT

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #298667 01/29/20 06:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This may be true if the goal is D1 and the very top of D2/3. Plenty of kids finding NCAA opportunities through Breakers, MD wolfpack (now TRue), Rock, Roughriders Koopers and 2nd teams for FCA Looneys. The deal with D3 is to have an idea of what type school he wants to attend after soph and junior year and then research those schools with lax programs that fit academics/financial/geographical interest. Then have him (not you or his coach) start emailing the school's coaches that he's interested in with summer sched. They'll make an effort to come watch if they know he's interested. In the fall of junior year they can make visits and attend prospect days of schools where there is mutual interest. Another good route is to consider club lax. All the big SEC/ACC schools have MCLA team that is run similar to D3 in 70/80s. And the schools with varisty teams like College Park, Loyola etc also have club teams that are competitive to make. Lot's of opportunities to play for just about any who really want to. The better the grades and test score the greater the options. Finally if your guy isn't finding ways to get better on his own, then playing NCAA lax probably isn't for him

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 30 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 29 30
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard