BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kinda embarrassing for multiple LI donkeys to be arguing about WP, Taz, Express and Igloo on a Midatlantic board. Stay in your lane fellas and we look forward to playing all of those very good teams next summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
WP wacko is such a hypocrite. For years now, he has criticized any kid having a birthday before 9/1/2005 as a holdback regardless of whether the kid ever repeated a grade. That is his own definition of holdback. At times he has even referred to any kid with a birthday before 1/1/2006 as a holdback. Meanwhile he is trying to hide the not-so-secret secret that the new kids from Igloo all have birthdays before 9/1/2005. So using his own definition of holdback, WP is just as guilty of holdbacks as everyone else out there. I know this is not going to shut him up. But the next time he goes spewing his detest, just realize that it is complete BS and WP is not as blameless as he would have you believe.

I'll break it down. Igloo went 2-3 in pool play of WSYL. This is because they couldn't bring their best players (too old). The Igloo team imploded since and the oldest (holdbacks as defined by WP) players joined WP and Taz. This means technically both WP and Taz now have "holdbacks". Here's my point. This is within the rules. The difference now is that they can no longer claim being on age. That's all. Period. End. Stop. Play the game.
False, do not know about the Pack , but every player Taz Acquired from igloo played in the WSYL with Igloo. So lie and more lies. Check the roster.

Chill. It is the truth and we're saying it's within the rules. So your team is better now that you have holdbacks. The majority of your team is still on age. It's a good thing.
lies .. all were at WSYL. Still all on age

Truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And you can't handle the truth. Everyone knows you now have holdbacks. Go back to the Long Island Holdback forum where you belong.

Sorry, this is not Marylad. Will clarify the lies , no matter what 2024 it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chill. It is the truth and we're saying it's within the rules. So your team is better now that you have holdbacks. The majority of your team is still on age. It's a good thing.

Truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth. And you can't handle the truth. Everyone knows you now have holdbacks. Go back to the Long Island Holdback forum where you belong.

Sorry, this is not Marylad. Will clarify the lies , no matter what 2024 it is. [/quote]

Ramblings of an LI donkey. Complete nonsense. Go back to sleep.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, this is not Marylad. Will clarify the lies , no matter what 2024 it is.

Ramblings of an LI donkey. Complete nonsense. Go back to sleep.
[/quote]
Not a liar or a cheat. ty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Hawks. I saw that they lost to Brotherly Love 2024 Team 9-3 this weekend were all their players playing? I would have thought this would have been a close game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is going on with Hawks. I saw that they lost to Brotherly Love 2024 Team 9-3 this weekend were all their players playing? I would have thought this would have been a close game.

As others have commented elsewhere, Fall Ball is hard to judge a team by — on any given weekend you have in season sports conflicts like football, basketball, wrestling, etc taking precedence. Not sure you can read much into the scores, unless someone knows that was in fact the Hawks starting lineup on the field. If so, maybe it was just an off day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As others have commented elsewhere, Fall Ball is hard to judge a team by — on any given weekend you have in season sports conflicts like football, basketball, wrestling, etc taking precedence. Not sure you can read much into the scores, unless someone knows that was in fact the Hawks starting lineup on the field. If so, maybe it was just an off day.

They were missing several due to injury.
Football playoffs took a toll.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess only the Hawks have kids playing football and Brotherly Love and the rest of the world doesn't. You play with who you have and don't make excuses. It's okay when another team is better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This original comment sounds like the work of the BL club director trying to drum up favorable free press for his club. Should be more transparent and just ask what he is really after. We beat the Hawks 9-3 in case you all missed it. I guess that makes us one of the best clubs around. Don't you all agree? Ridiculous!!!!! Nice try though

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL is a bunch of clowns!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess only the Hawks have kids playing football and Brotherly Love and the rest of the world doesn't. You play with who you have and don't make excuses. It's okay when another team is better.

The question was asked and answered. No one is making excuses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]The question was asked and answered. No one is making excuses.[quote]

Answered with an excuse that doesn't hold up. BL was just better by a big margin. xU

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's see. BL beats Hawks by 6.
First comment had the Hawks maybe missing players (because no other team misses players in the fall) or an off day (proper response but still no credit given to BL).
2nd comment was about only Hawks being down players.
3rd comment has poster calling out the notIntelligent excuses.
4th comment has an attack on BL director possibly perusing the MD site and commenting.
5th comment attacks BL in general.
6th comment says the comment was answered but says excuses weren't offered.

Just how many children, figuratively and literally, are active on this site?
Proper response - BL played really well and Hawks didn't have it today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually 1st comment was the question regarding what was up with the Hawks. Accompanied with the score along with the 2nd question asking if all their players were playing. Seems to be nothing but propaganda tactics we've all seen a million times on this board. Is BL 6 goals better than the Hawks? The score alone tells you the story without having to make a production out of asking. It's the fall, probably their 3rd event, and they were missing players. Again, this is BL fishing for compliments about great they are.

This is a non story and non event. Definitely kids on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the Baltimore metro area outside to the teams in the elite division (91, Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks etc..) Which programs have a track record of developing kids and helping them get recruited? This summer is an important one for this age group as teams will more than likely move to invite only and I am curious to know which of the 2nd tier teams are worth a look? No need for smart comments as not every kid play on an elite team but with the growth of the sport every decent kid has a chance to play in college. Just curious to see which programs do a good job of getting kids exposed to college recruiters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the Baltimore metro area outside to the teams in the elite division (91, Crabs, Looney's, FCA, Hawks etc..) Which programs have a track record of developing kids and helping them get recruited? This summer is an important one for this age group as teams will more than likely move to invite only and I am curious to know which of the 2nd tier teams are worth a look? No need for smart comments as not every kid play on an elite team but with the growth of the sport every decent kid has a chance to play in college. Just curious to see which programs do a good job of getting kids exposed to college recruiters.

Unfortunately, if you are not on a bigger program like the teams above, it is hard to get noticed short of being some crazy good player. Then you would be recruited to play for Crabs, Hawks, FCA, etc. Look at college ranks. Very few players are from what people would consider lower ranked clubs.

Get on a team that plays against the better programs and better tournaments , and be a stand out player, you might have a shot of being recognized and get recruited to play for them, I doubt it matters what team as long as he is a good player and shows better than who he is going against. If he doesn’t show well, he is probably where he should be.,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unfortunately, if you are not on a bigger program like the teams above, it is hard to get noticed short of being some crazy good player. Then you would be recruited to play for Crabs, Hawks, FCA, etc. Look at college ranks. Very few players are from what people would consider lower ranked clubs.

Get on a team that plays against the better programs and better tournaments , and be a stand out player, you might have a shot of being recognized and get recruited to play for them, I doubt it matters what team as long as he is a good player and shows better than who he is going against. If he doesn’t show well, he is probably where he should be.,

Lots of really good 2024 talent at the NLF at IMG this year. Not as many MD teams represented at this event. But enough kids were there to fill college rosters for this class. Did anyone else have a son attend? Any observations or standout players?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
was the NLF event for 2024s really the top end talent? interested in any feedback

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2024 the weakest class for MD talent in a long time. FACT

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This may be true if the goal is D1 and the very top of D2/3. Plenty of kids finding NCAA opportunities through Breakers, MD wolfpack (now TRue), Rock, Roughriders Koopers and 2nd teams for FCA Looneys. The deal with D3 is to have an idea of what type school he wants to attend after soph and junior year and then research those schools with lax programs that fit academics/financial/geographical interest. Then have him (not you or his coach) start emailing the school's coaches that he's interested in with summer sched. They'll make an effort to come watch if they know he's interested. In the fall of junior year they can make visits and attend prospect days of schools where there is mutual interest. Another good route is to consider club lax. All the big SEC/ACC schools have MCLA team that is run similar to D3 in 70/80s. And the schools with varisty teams like College Park, Loyola etc also have club teams that are competitive to make. Lot's of opportunities to play for just about any who really want to. The better the grades and test score the greater the options. Finally if your guy isn't finding ways to get better on his own, then playing NCAA lax probably isn't for him

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Little early for that prediction ..Growth plus many 2023 will end up 2024 soon that havent already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fact.. all their 2024 player are playing 2025, and 2026. FACT. Same goes for True. Using older kids to play and win to make the programs look great .. JOKE

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was going to respond to this but then I saw it was "FACT", couple that with the in depth analysis then it must be true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly... I sort of agree. If you look at the elite programs, the 24 classes are the worst performing. No knock on anyone or team in particular but I see where some would see this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly... I sort of agree. If you look at the elite programs, the 24 classes are the worst performing. No knock on anyone or team in particular but I see where some would see this

In what way are they the worst performing? I am curious as to how a person gauges 8th grade talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good question... and are you also taking into consideration 2024 teams whose players were old enough to enter high school last fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In what way are they the worst performing? I am curious as to how a person gauges 8th grade talent?

They don't. False narrative. Holdbacks and growth will make this class like all the rest.

8th grade class is the most volatile class of all. So much going on with holdbacks, growth. 2023 Holdbacks along with another year of growing will be on display this Spring.

Also the most fun grade to keep a eye on. Parents out of control the year before their kids go to HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have 2 sons playing on national level - like many of you I am at tourneys every weekend in the summer and 3 in the fall and 1-2 in the spring. Travel runs from New England through LI, philly and down to MD. Most tourneys in MD - Spring Fling, NAPTOWN, IL invitational and others. 2024 is significantly weaker class relative to 23, 22 and 21. WSYL last year showed it and ever tourney shows it - there are single stand outs but as a class it is lower quality lacrosse.

Smaller kids, less lax IQ, poor decisions and hero ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have 2 sons playing on national level - like many of you I am at tourneys every weekend in the summer and 3 in the fall and 1-2 in the spring. Travel runs from New England through LI, philly and down to MD. Most tourneys in MD - Spring Fling, NAPTOWN, IL invitational and others. 2024 is significantly weaker class relative to 23, 22 and 21. WSYL last year showed it and ever tourney shows it - there are single stand outs but as a class it is lower quality lacrosse.

Go watch the real life documentary from Mike Judge - Idiocracy....it explains it all.

Welcome to Costco - I love you!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go watch the real life documentary from Mike Judge - Idiocracy....it explains it all.

Welcome to Costco - I love you!!!!

That is a very funny post - having seen the movie I truly think it explains what is described in the 2024’s stink post above!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is a 23, so I don't know a ton about the 2024s, but it seems like the top players are starting to group together onto a few select teams at a much younger age than in the past. At 2023 and older, my impression was always that the top kids were disbursed over a lot of different clubs which created a little more parity. At the younger years, it appears that top kids are starting to consolidate onto what are perceived to be the top tier clubs, thereby creating a huge talent gap between clubs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playday this Sunday. Teams participating are Crabs, FCA, Leading Edge, and HHH. How do you think the teams will do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs went 3-0. March Invitational next Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it appears youth lacrosse is over prematurely for this class. A best case 8 week hiatus makes summer tournaments still a possibility, but even that seems unlikely with county run facilities likely staying closed into the summer.

More realistic goal may be that things get back to normal by the time these boys head to high school in the fall.

Any of the HS's making more inroads with the top players in this class than others?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately it appears youth lacrosse is over prematurely for this class. A best case 8 week hiatus makes summer tournaments still a possibility, but even that seems unlikely with county run facilities likely staying closed into the summer.

More realistic goal may be that things get back to normal by the time these boys head to high school in the fall.

Any of the HS's making more inroads with the top players in this class than others?

I think you will see many 2023's re-class to 2024's. The loss of a season and adding and extra year for current college players creates a log jam for the '23 recruiting class. They lost a HS season. Of course this will be at private schools. Not an issue with public schools kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so Crabs went 3-0 against VLC, Team Carolina, and Next Level? Give us those scores if you will. I think HOCO shut down all of their fields over the weekend but maybe not. Enlighten us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a deep breath. None of this has been resolved. The NCAA hasn’t officially said what will be done.

However, in Maryland 2023 won’t be able to reclass since they already started HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take a deep breath. None of this has been resolved. The NCAA hasn’t officially said what will be done.

However, in Maryland 2023 won’t be able to reclass since they already started HS.

The NCAA has stated they will grant an extra year of eligibility. However, the details and impact are far from settled. Not true that 2023 players in MD can't reclass. They will you wait and see. The rules only impact years of eligibility. However, they can move to a school like Culver or IMG for a fifth season. This summer kids will show up at 2024 recruiting events that played HS. Most IAC/MIAA kids did not play Varsity so they can do this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NCAA has stated they will grant an extra year of eligibility. However, the details and impact are far from settled. Not true that 2023 players in MD can't reclass. They will you wait and see. The rules only impact years of eligibility. However, they can move to a school like Culver or IMG for a fifth season. This summer kids will show up at 2024 recruiting events that played HS. Most IAC/MIAA kids did not play Varsity so they can do this.

I hope they dont let 2023 do another year. It wouldnt be fair to the players that already reclassed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What tournaments will Madlax be this summer?

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 14 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 13 14
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard