Home

Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region

Posted By: TheBackOfTheCage

Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/06/19 01:32 AM

Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Boys from the class of 2024 in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/08/19 09:03 PM

I'm not going to call out the name of the club (in fear that the kid will drive over and kick my butt) but how can a kid that will be 16 during the school year be eligible to play at the 24 age group? I have no issue with being held back a year. My son has a summer birthday and was held back in KG (to give him a head start in tinker toys) but 2 years is a bit excessive. I mean he will literally be 20 years old when he graduates.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/08/19 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I'm not going to call out the name of the club (in fear that the kid will drive over and kick my butt) but how can a kid that will be 16 during the school year be eligible to play at the 24 age group? I have no issue with being held back a year. My son has a summer birthday and was held back in KG (to give him a head start in tinker toys) but 2 years is a bit excessive. I mean he will literally be 20 years old when he graduates.

Answer: T-shirts and bragging rights about being the best to drum up more business, am I right.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/08/19 11:18 PM

Mine will still be 16 when he starts his senior year in high school

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 12:42 PM

I think all the top private school conferences (IAC, WCAC, MIAA, etc) in the DMV have rules that deny eligibility to a senior who turns 19 by September 1 of senior year. And I’ve never heard of that happening (I know some kids will do a PG year at boarding school but that’s exactly what it is, a post graduate year). My son is one of the oldest kids on his 2024 team and he is already 14. 16 can’t be right.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 12:49 PM

You shouldnt call out anyone. Your son is getting an advantage the majority of children dont get. Playing down in age. The majority of children born on your sons same birthday will never get that advantage in YOUTH sports. You always will. Your only complaint is that someone is doing it more than you. Hilarious.

The holdback/reclass/prefirst lacrosse world is really getting bad when the holdbacks start calling out the other holdbacks for being to old !!

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 12:54 PM

That is actually young. Majority of students will be 17 on first day and turn 18 during school year and that summer.

Now if you go to any MIAA Private School ..The odds are that you will be 18 at beginning of year and turn 19 during school year, especially Boys

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 01:35 PM

My son is senior as of Sept 1. He turned 18 this summer. Yes, he is a holdback, doesn’t matter the reason.
His best friend will also be a senior. He won’t turn 17 until the end of December.
Imagine that, they get along. Why can’t all of you?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 02:42 PM

If your reason what ever it is, is for anything other then sports great. He should still play on his appropriate age level in club sports. It’s a choice to play down not automatic because he was held back. Play up and that’s commendable, play down that’s embarrassing.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 02:50 PM

I think all the top private school conferences (IAC, WCAC, MIAA, etc) in the DMV have rules that deny eligibility to a senior who turns 19 by September 1 of senior year. And I’ve never heard of that happening (I know some kids will do a PG year at boarding school but that’s exactly what it is, a post graduate year). My son is one of the oldest kids on his 2024 team and he is already 14. 16 can’t be right.

They do. The double hold back is a myth. My 2024 is the youngest of 3 boys that have gone thru the club circuit. I've coached the older 2 until HS so I had a pretty good idea of birthdays because of tryout registration lists. The worst I've seen is a sept birthday that was held back. That kid would have been one of the oldest in his natural grade. A kid like that would be around 2 years older than kids in the same grade where the school cutoff is dec or jan. For instance a sept 05 in NY would be a 2023. MD kid with Sept 05 would naturally be 2024 but if held back once would be 2026. This 2 year gap is extreme and rare but does happen and plays into the perception of double hold backs. Lacrosse should have 9/1 age cutoff until 8th grade

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 02:52 PM

You shouldnt call out anyone. Your son is getting an advantage the majority of children dont get. Playing down in age. The majority of children born on your sons same birthday will never get that advantage in YOUTH sports. You always will. Your only complaint is that someone is doing it more than you. Hilarious.

The holdback/reclass/prefirst lacrosse world is really getting bad when the holdbacks start calling out the other holdbacks for being to old !!

I am all for age based lacrosse. My son would be fine either way and I could careless why a parent holds their kid back (we had ours and the decision was well before he picked up a lacrosse stick). It's their decision, just like it was ours. Does it happen to work in my favor sure but we made the decision in KG, not middle school. So sports had zero factor and I have no issue a parent holds a kid back a year for sports. If you have to hold a kid back 2 years, then I have an issue but my concern is equal to choosing Diet Coke or Pepsi for lunch. At the end of the day if your kid is going to be 20 when he or she graduates (sports or no sports) they should be going to PG instead of being held back another year. As others mentioned he is more than likely not even eligible to play his senior year due to his age.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 04:09 PM

I am all for age based lacrosse. My son would be fine either way and I could careless why a parent holds their kid back (we had ours and the decision was well before he picked up a lacrosse stick). It's their decision, just like it was ours. Does it happen to work in my favor sure but we made the decision in KG, not middle school. So sports had zero factor and I have no issue a parent holds a kid back a year for sports. If you have to hold a kid back 2 years, then I have an issue but my concern is equal to choosing Diet Coke or Pepsi for lunch. At the end of the day if your kid is going to be 20 when he or she graduates (sports or no sports) they should be going to PG instead of being held back another year. As others mentioned he is more than likely not even eligible to play his senior year due to his age.

The thing people have to remember is that the rules use to allow recruitment in 8 and 9th grade, so who cares if they can not play their senior year, worst case there are club tournaments. Now the rules have changed, it still does not matter because if the kid is good he will commit as a Jr and not have to play Sr year anyway. So being 20 and a Sr does not really matter......

Now for some real talk (as the boys say).....These boys are in 8th grade, its time to forget the HB argument. I agree that 16 is ridiculous, and yes it happens, last year the 2023 Crabs and Madlax Dogs, both had multiple 16 year olds, so its not something new. also remember that some of the kids that you are referring to played against you last year and they were already 2 years older than your kid, so why complain now. Here is the thing if we are having this discussion it means that next year we are hoping that our kids play Varsity or worst case JV, but the kids they will be playing with and against will be 3 to 4 years older (sophomores, juniors & seniors) and would have been working out for years (bigger faster stranger).

Recommendation: Use this year to prepare for next year because its going to come very quickly (unfortunately) and if your son is still whining about holdbacks or even has that in his head he won't make it in HS Lax, as there will always be kids much older.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 05:17 PM

The thing people have to remember is that the rules use to allow recruitment in 8 and 9th grade, so who cares if they can not play their senior year, worst case there are club tournaments. Now the rules have changed, it still does not matter because if the kid is good he will commit as a Jr and not have to play Sr year anyway. So being 20 and a Sr does not really matter......

Now for some real talk (as the boys say).....These boys are in 8th grade, its time to forget the HB argument. I agree that 16 is ridiculous, and yes it happens, last year the 2023 Crabs and Madlax Dogs, both had multiple 16 year olds, so its not something new. also remember that some of the kids that you are referring to played against you last year and they were already 2 years older than your kid, so why complain now. Here is the thing if we are having this discussion it means that next year we are hoping that our kids play Varsity or worst case JV, but the kids they will be playing with and against will be 3 to 4 years older (sophomores, juniors & seniors) and would have been working out for years (bigger faster stranger).

Recommendation: Use this year to prepare for next year because its going to come very quickly (unfortunately) and if your son is still whining about holdbacks or even has that in his head he won't make it in HS Lax, as there will always be kids much older.

Best response ever!!!

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 06:56 PM

Best response ever!!!

The lack of intelligence on this thread amazes me. 95% of the holdbacks advantage has disappeared by the Spring of his junior year, the exact time when most players start getting playing time on top HS teams. Like a puff of smoke, that advantage which by that point has been waining for years, has now basically completely disappeared. The advantage which was the sole reason most holdbacks get any playing time at all during their youth years is now gone. Now the substandard athlete is completely exposed for what he has always been. The only wining you will be hearing in HS, is from your substandard-athlete-kid-holdback, as he rides the pines during the only time in his career that actually matters. That’s right, daddy-o his playing days are numbered. It’s a slow steady decline, the rest of the way.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 07:32 PM

Best response ever!!!

The lack of intelligence on this thread amazes me. 95% of the holdbacks advantage has disappeared by the Spring of his junior year, the exact time when most players start getting playing time on top HS teams. Like a puff of smoke, that advantage which by that point has been waining for years, has now basically completely disappeared. The advantage which was the sole reason most holdbacks get any playing time at all during their youth years is now gone. Now the substandard athlete is completely exposed for what he has always been. The only wining you will be hearing in HS, is from your substandard-athlete-kid-holdback, as he rides the pines during the only time in his career that actually matters. That’s right, daddy-o his playing days are numbered. It’s a slow steady decline, the rest of the way.

So basically, you and you son(s) will whine about Holdbacks for the next 3 years? Remember there are hold backs in 2025 that may be a year older than your son, so sonny will also loose his advantage too and continue to ride the pine ... now that stinks....

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 08:11 PM

Best response ever!!!

wow.. harsh reality check! you sure don't sugarcoat. this particular thread is gold since this is our boys' last year before hs. let's hear more.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 09:22 PM

So basically, you and you son(s) will whine about Holdbacks for the next 3 years? Remember there are hold backs in 2025 that may be a year older than your son, so sonny will also loose his advantage too and continue to ride the pine ... now that stinks....

The reality is what it is, it is within the current rules. No amount of "whining" will change it. But it's human nature to rage (e.g. whine) against sense of injustice, lacking of fair play and even playing field, irregardless of being warranted or not. It's completely based on that emotion and nothing more, and it is impossible to repress (at least for another 3 years).

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/09/19 10:22 PM

That is actually young. Majority of students will be 17 on first day and turn 18 during school year and that summer.

Now if you go to any MIAA Private School ..The odds are that you will be 18 at beginning of year and turn 19 during school year, especially Boys

I am confident my son will end up at an MIAA school. He plays on one of the teams in the elite division. He has teammates 18 months older than him. A lot are a full year older than him(and on age). If my son was in the 2025 class like he should be, and I then reclassed him into 2026, I am sure right now he would be one of the best players in the country. I can't deny reclassing works if your goal is to be a better player in your grade.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/13/19 08:25 PM

I am confident my son will end up at an MIAA school. He plays on one of the teams in the elite division. He has teammates 18 months older than him. A lot are a full year older than him(and on age). If my son was in the 2025 class like he should be, and I then reclassed him into 2026, I am sure right now he would be one of the best players in the country. I can't deny reclassing works if your goal is to be a better player in your grade.

sure he would dad

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/15/19 03:51 PM

You need to finish that sentence... "if you want your kid to be a better player in his grade".. DURING HIS YOUTH YEARS. Beginning with Junior year, your BIG STUD 7th grader could very well be the smallest kid on the team, even though he is still a year older than everyone else. And since he no longer has the advantage that you gave him during the youth years, most kids on the team will be better than he is, since he was really never that good of a player, without the advantage. So, yeah, if you want to give your kid an unfair advantage during a time that is completely meaningless, and waste a year of the kids life in the process, then be my guest. In the end, father time will catch up with him and everyone else, and water will ultimately seek it's correct level. Suffice to say... no D1 scholarship for you!!

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/15/19 04:47 PM

The reality is what it is, it is within the current rules. No amount of "whining" will change it. But it's human nature to rage (e.g. whine) against sense of injustice, lacking of fair play and even playing field, irregardless of being warranted or not. It's completely based on that emotion and nothing more, and it is impossible to repress (at least for another 3 years).

I'm curious... a question for all you holdback parents out there... let's jump ahead a couple of years and it's now the Junior year in HS for your holdback kid, and you are faced with the stark reality that he is no longer one of the largest players on the field. In fact, maybe he is one of the smallest kids out there. As a result, your youth stud is now an inconsequential player, struggling just to make the HS team. What then? What is your Plan B? Hold him back again?? FYI. Too late for that, right? That ship has sailed. Now what??

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/18/19 02:26 AM

How did Next Level tryouts look? When does Next Level announce its rosters?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/18/19 12:33 PM

I'm curious... a question for all you holdback parents out there... let's jump ahead a couple of years and it's now the Junior year in HS for your holdback kid, and you are faced with the stark reality that he is no longer one of the largest players on the field. In fact, maybe he is one of the smallest kids out there. As a result, your youth stud is now an inconsequential player, struggling just to make the HS team. What then? What is your Plan B? Hold him back again?? FYI. Too late for that, right? That ship has sailed. Now what??

He finishes up high school and goes to college, gets a solid education and eventually becomes a productive citizen.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/18/19 04:03 PM

This year and next year are the two big years for reclass. Prefirsts are already in the holdback book.

First, Holding back works for most players. Especially in youth. And Frankly, sorry to tell you this, but it works in High School too. Does it work for everyone, of course not. But lacrosse is land of a huge amount 5-8 to 5-11 similar skilled athletes. Give them one extra year and he is better than others. If you are the rare highly skilled athlete, you are playing football, BB or ever rarer playing lacrosse which means you could care less about the holdbacks . And if heldback, you are a man among children.

My advice is, if your son is serious about playing at a High Level , Hold him back. Look at all the top clubs , Full of holdbacks. These are the boys getting offers. This baloney about everyone getting bigger and passing holdbacks is true only sometimes, but for the most part, holdbacks keep their starting position.

Look at Dukes Roster ( Birthdays for most players) if you think holding back doesn't filter up to college. I just looked at two starting D poles. One is a single holdback and the other is a double holdback ( maybe redshirted ??) . Then i looked at their top middie and he is a holdback. I looked at top attackman and he is a double holdback ( maybe redshirted) .. These are based on age, I have no idea why they are older, maybe redshirt, held back HS, prefirst, etc but bottom line is they are older.

Saying all this , I do think it is sad . At HS and above it is what it is by grade. But Youth should be by age, Youth Lacrosse is the poster child for all that is wrong in youth sports.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/19/19 02:00 PM

This year and next year are the two big years for reclass. Prefirsts are already in the holdback book.

First, Holding back works for most players. Especially in youth. And Frankly, sorry to tell you this, but it works in High School too. Does it work for everyone, of course not. But lacrosse is land of a huge amount 5-8 to 5-11 similar skilled athletes. Give them one extra year and he is better than others. If you are the rare highly skilled athlete, you are playing football, BB or ever rarer playing lacrosse which means you could care less about the holdbacks . And if heldback, you are a man among children.

My advice is, if your son is serious about playing at a High Level , Hold him back. Look at all the top clubs , Full of holdbacks. These are the boys getting offers. This baloney about everyone getting bigger and passing holdbacks is true only sometimes, but for the most part, holdbacks keep their starting position.

Look at Dukes Roster ( Birthdays for most players) if you think holding back doesn't filter up to college. I just looked at two starting D poles. One is a single holdback and the other is a double holdback ( maybe redshirted ??) . Then i looked at their top middie and he is a holdback. I looked at top attackman and he is a double holdback ( maybe redshirted) .. These are based on age, I have no idea why they are older, maybe redshirt, held back HS, prefirst, etc but bottom line is they are older.

Saying all this , I do think it is sad . At HS and above it is what it is by grade. But Youth should be by age, Youth Lacrosse is the poster child for all that is wrong in youth sports.

Read the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.. maybe he was on to something.. maybe not.. who really knows.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/21/19 04:54 AM

Read the book Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell.. maybe he was on to something.. maybe not.. who really knows. [/quote]

It's a good read, I read it last year while my kid was driving us to practice and games

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/21/19 04:07 PM

Next Level tryouts were impressive. They had over 70 kids out there for the 2024 year. NL added several new good kids including maybe the best player from DCE and one of the best players from Madlax. They should be one of the better teams in HOCO this year.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/21/19 05:06 PM

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]

-------------------
THIS COMMENT IS SPOT-ON.

Holding back works in lacrosse if your goal is to be on the best club teams and increase chances for a scholarship. It is a sport dominated by mediocre sized priviledged kids who are not elite athletes and, therefore, age and opportunity are the biggest factors in success.

But the major effect holding back has on a child is detrimental-- which is why Am Assoc of Pediatrics officially recommends against it. Kids who are held back regress in life-- they dense themselves down. They acquire bad coping skills.

But try telling that to dads who feel their kid isn't mature enough yet for KG.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/21/19 06:31 PM

THIS COMMENT IS SPOT-ON.

Holding back works in lacrosse if your goal is to be on the best club teams and increase chances for a scholarship. It is a sport dominated by mediocre sized priviledged kids who are not elite athletes and, therefore, age and opportunity are the biggest factors in success.

But the major effect holding back has on a child is detrimental-- which is why Am Assoc of Pediatrics officially recommends against it. Kids who are held back regress in life-- they dense themselves down. They acquire bad coping skills.

But try telling that to dads who feel their kid isn't mature enough yet for KG.

DMV and NE, are you reading this?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 02:01 PM

Next Level tryouts were impressive. They had over 70 kids out there for the 2024 year. NL added several new good kids including maybe the best player from DCE and one of the best players from Madlax. They should be one of the better teams in HOCO this year.

Well if I remember correctly they ended HOCO in the playoffs, so weren't they already one of the best teams? Its early but how would you rank the top 5 teams based on what is being heard about tryouts and released rosters?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 03:33 PM

Well if I remember correctly they ended HOCO in the playoffs, so weren't they already one of the best teams? Its early but how would you rank the top 5 teams based on what is being heard about tryouts and released rosters?

If the rumors I am hearing about NL are true they make a huge jump. Maybe all the way to #2. I've got my top five as Madlax, NL (big unknown, could really shake things up this year), Looneys (based on summer play), T91 MD (MM seems less interested in this team now that he is more focused on 23 and 25), Hawks (all about match ups, eg, they tend to play ML close, can beat any team any weekend).

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 03:40 PM

This is funny! The best player from DCE? Considering they did not have a 2024 team last year I assume this would be a reclass from 2023? Are you going to claim that the BEST kid on the DCE 2023 team (who is a older "summer birthday" 2023) is now going to NL 2024?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 06:06 PM

This is funny! The best player from DCE? Considering they did not have a 2024 team last year I assume this would be a reclass from 2023? Are you going to claim that the BEST kid on the DCE 2023 team (who is a older "summer birthday" 2023) is now going to NL 2024?

Maybe from BLC since they and DCE are essentially the same organization. But it could certainly be a 2023 hb since that is standard practice for most BLC and DCE players.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 06:46 PM

Maybe from BLC since they and DCE are essentially the same organization. But it could certainly be a 2023 hb since that is standard practice for most BLC and DCE players.

From what I am hearing, he has always played up (you should ask you son to confirm) and now that 2023 is HS he has to play with the 24s. If this is true, it really won't matter as you will still complain.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 07:22 PM

From what I am hearing, he has always played up (you should ask you son to confirm) and now that 2023 is HS he has to play with the 24s. If this is true, it really won't matter as you will still complain.

The old he has been playing up and now he is on grade routine . LOL . Who really cares if he is a holdback prefirst reclass,, He just joins a large group of players who need an advantage and helping hand to compete .

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 07:44 PM

Pre-season 2020

1. Mad Lax
2. Hawks
3. Next Level
4. 91 MD
5. Express

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/22/19 10:22 PM

The old he has been playing up and now he is on grade routine . LOL . Who really cares if he is a holdback prefirst reclass,, He just joins a large group of players who need an advantage and helping hand to compete .

No idea who you're talking about. But at least give kids that were held back or did a prefirst etc some credit if they played with age peers until 8th grade. Which is when they don't have a choice for spring lax.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/23/19 02:13 AM

Pre-season 2020

1. Mad Lax
2. Hawks
3. Next Level
4. 91 MD
5. Express

It will be 91 MD and Madlax in championship game again.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/23/19 06:15 PM

Pre-season 2020

1. Mad Lax
2. Hawks
3. Next Level
4. 91 MD
5. Express

Where is Looneys? They're perennially solid.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/23/19 11:00 PM

Pre-season 2020

1. Mad Lax
2. Hawks
3. Next Level
4. 91 MD
5. Express

Where is Looneys? They're perennially solid.

I would put Looney's ahead of Express and maybe even 91 since they seemed to have their number last Summer. NL will be better and Hawks is always in the mix.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/26/19 01:16 AM

No idea who you're talking about. But at least give kids that were held back or did a prefirst etc some credit if they played with age peers until 8th grade. Which is when they don't have a choice for spring lax.

So now we are given credit to holdback/prefirst kids that play at their own age ! LOL.. Shouldnt the credit go to the kids that played with their own age and later didnt need an advantage that others their age did ....like the holdbacks/reclass/prefirst players did .

The credit should go to the kids that didnt take advantage of system.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/27/19 06:37 PM

So now we are given credit to holdback/prefirst kids that play at their own age ! LOL.. Shouldnt the credit go to the kids that played with their own age and later didnt need an advantage that others their age did ....like the holdbacks/reclass/prefirst players did .

Hmmmm. Let me see if I understand you correctly. We are talking about a kid that was born in August 2005; started kindergarten late for reasons that had nothing to do with lacrosse; has never repeated a grade; is in 8th grade during the 2019-2020 school year; and will be graduating from high school in 2024. This kid has been playing with 2023s for several years now, even though he is the youngest kid on the field and in many cases is 1-2 years younger than the other kids on the field. This kid is not in high school; he is not playing for a high school team this spring; he is not eligible for any of the 2023 showcases; and most of his closest friends from school and elsewhere play for 2024 teams. Are you saying he should sit out this spring and not play with any club team during the spring season -- even though all his peers, many of which are considerably older than he is, are playing for a 2024 club team this spring?? I applaud any kid that chose to play with the 2023s all those years, and I certainly don't fault them for dropping back to 2024 this year to take full advantage of a non-HS spring league this spring.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/28/19 01:42 AM

Hmmmm. Let me see if I understand you correctly. We are talking about a kid that was born in August 2005; started kindergarten late for reasons that had nothing to do with lacrosse; has never repeated a grade; is in 8th grade during the 2019-2020 school year; and will be graduating from high school in 2024. This kid has been playing with 2023s for several years now, even though he is the youngest kid on the field and in many cases is 1-2 years younger than the other kids on the field. This kid is not in high school; he is not playing for a high school team this spring; he is not eligible for any of the 2023 showcases; and most of his closest friends from school and elsewhere play for 2024 teams. Are you saying he should sit out this spring and not play with any club team during the spring season -- even though all his peers, many of which are considerably older than he is, are playing for a 2024 club team this spring?? I applaud any kid that chose to play with the 2023s all those years, and I certainly don't fault them for dropping back to 2024 this year to take full advantage of a non-HS spring league this spring.

I guess he got a taste of how all the on age players feel when they go against Holdbacks in youth. Now he can be the oldest and reverse that while all the other players who arent heldback go on being the youngest.

As far as scale of holdbacks, he is not to far from what most complain about. His degree is less than most, and with playing on age,,even a few more points to him. But he is the exception.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/28/19 01:59 PM

I guess he got a taste of how all the on age players feel when they go against Holdbacks in youth. Now he can be the oldest and reverse that while all the other players who arent heldback go on being the youngest.

As far as scale of holdbacks, he is not to far from what most complain about. His degree is less than most, and with playing on age,,even a few more points to him. But he is the exception.

He is 6 months older than than the oldest kid on Wolfpack and more than a year older than several players. Nothing special about the month of August. He’s just another run of the mill 2024 Maryland holdback. Yawn. Last I checked, holdback-ism is an epidemic in Maryland youth lacrosse. A chaotic frantic mess. This is news?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/28/19 05:29 PM

[quote

He is 6 months older than than the oldest kid on Wolfpack and more than a year older than several players. Nothing special about the month of August. He’s just another run of the mill 2024 Maryland holdback. Yawn. Last I checked, holdback-ism is an epidemic in Maryland youth lacrosse. A chaotic frantic mess. This is news?

[/quote]

Please don't come here to bring up the Wolfpups, they are a disgrace to the sport. They are the only team that anyone has mentioned that left a tournament early because they lost...

If you want to post about the pups go back to the LI forum, the one thing I will tell you about us in the DMV is that we respect game and rules, yes some of the kids may be older but the rules allow it. No DMV team would ever packup and go home because they were beaten, that was low, disgraceful and quite honestly classless. BTW did you reimburse the parents that had to stay and pay for an extra night, knowing that you were not playing the scheduled game the following morning?

If you want to talk about any other LI team feel free, but don't bring the pups over here with the big boys

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/28/19 07:08 PM

[quote

Please don't come here to bring up the Wolfpups, they are a disgrace to the sport. They are the only team that anyone has mentioned that left a tournament early because they lost...

If you want to post about the pups go back to the LI forum, the one thing I will tell you about us in the DMV is that we respect game and rules, yes some of the kids may be older but the rules allow it. No DMV team would ever packup and go home because they were beaten, that was low, disgraceful and quite honestly classless. BTW did you reimburse the parents that had to stay and pay for an extra night, knowing that you were not playing the scheduled game the following morning?

If you want to talk about any other LI team feel free, but don't bring the pups over here with the big boys[/quote]

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/28/19 08:40 PM

[quote

If you want to talk about any other LI team feel free, but don't bring the pups over here with the big boys

[/quote]
[quote

[/quote]

Coming from a Madlax parent, your words come up very empty. Madlax 2024 plays with Madlax 2023 guest players and DC Dog 2023 guest players. They are a pick up team of 2024 holdbacks and 2023 holdbacks, for any given tourney. It changes from tourney to tourney. We all have seen it. We all know it. An unconscionable team. This despicable organization is the poster child for all the things that are wrong with youth sports today. The true filth of the sport. What ever it takes for a t-shirt, right?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/05/19 09:04 PM

[quote

[quote

[/quote]

Coming from a Madlax parent, your words come up very empty. Madlax 2024 plays with Madlax 2023 guest players and DC Dog 2023 guest players. They are a pick up team of 2024 holdbacks and 2023 holdbacks, for any given tourney. It changes from tourney to tourney. We all have seen it. We all know it. An unconscionable team. This despicable organization is the poster child for all the things that are wrong with youth sports today. The true filth of the sport. What ever it takes for a t-shirt, right?

[/quote]

Heard Wolfpack was invited to the White House to be personally gratulated by the President for winning the World Series of youth lacrosse. Wow. That sure beats winning a t-shirt.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/06/19 02:46 AM

Liars and blowhards love to hang out with people just like them. I'm pretty sure if Madlax wanted to get together with the President to celebrate their #1 national ranking and undefeated year that they could make that happen rather easily. They just choose not to. But enjoy the visit and the local sites. If the team is in town, why don't you give Madlax a call and decide it once and for all on the field. Oh right, I heard that offer was extended for the fall already and the Wolfpack turned it down.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/06/19 06:20 PM

[quote

[quote

[/quote]

Heard Wolfpack was invited to the White House to be personally gratulated by the President for winning the World Series of youth lacrosse. Wow. That sure beats winning a t-shirt.

[/quote]

Brag much? I'm not so sure if the prez beats T-shirts nowadays. In any case, would love to see WP play ML at some point. Ill have my popcorn ready.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/10/19 05:00 PM

My money is on WP. To tell the truth, I’m not impressed at all with the ML team. My sons Express team played ML this summer and lost 4 - 2. If not for a couple of questionable calls and no calls, Express wins that game. Can’t say the same for games against WP. No comparison between ML and WP in my opinion. WP is more skilled at every position. Fun to watch.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/10/19 06:31 PM

My money is on WP. To tell the truth, I’m not impressed at all with the ML team. My sons Express team played ML this summer and lost 4 - 2. If not for a couple of questionable calls and no calls, Express wins that game. Can’t say the same for games against WP. No comparison between ML and WP in my opinion. WP is more skilled at every position. Fun to watch.

From LI . seen ML play. WP has no shot. The team . is out Matched.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/10/19 07:06 PM

The two teams should just schedule a fall play day. Madlax should reach out to other local teams since WP would need to travel and maybe make it a two day event. However the Madlax game would have to be on day two because when they do not win Saturday they will #wolfpackupandgo

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/10/19 07:37 PM

The two teams should just schedule a fall play day. Madlax should reach out to other local teams since WP would need to travel and maybe make it a two day event. However the Madlax game would have to be on day two because when they do not win Saturday they will #wolfpackupandgo
Ha, that is also true.. also the weather. can not be to HOT !! and no other tournaments around that time. So they are all well rested.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/10/19 08:03 PM

As much as I detest to, I am in agreement. My son plays on the Hawks. We played Madlax in Delaware. Lost 7-5 but game could have gone either way. Our game against 91 this year was very different. Really wasn’t close. Definitely a top finesse team.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/11/19 12:24 PM

As much as I detest to, I am in agreement. My son plays on the Hawks. We played Madlax in Delaware. Lost 7-5 but game could have gone either way. Our game against 91 this year was very different. Really wasn’t close. Definitely a top finesse team.

Also depends which ML team shows up. The one that played most of the year with DMV kids, or the team at the end of the summer that adds a couple DC Dogs and flies in players from Texas and CA. The ML team in June was different than the one that played in NLF. WP probably beats the earlier version of ML, but not the one that played in Naptown and NLF.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/11/19 12:53 PM

Hawks dad, if you're referring to NAL Summer tourney in Newcastle DE, my son's team was there and I watched your game vs ML. It was a good game to watch. ML's new face off mid may be the best player in the tournament. Fast, big strong aggressive athlete, and he was the difference maker in that game. However, the ML 6'2 200+lbs middle with DC Dog helmet was not there. If he were, I can assure you it will not be that close. Don't get me wrong, this is not to suggest Hawks are not a top team.

I agree with you about WP, they bring diff style of play simply bec they are not as big overall compared to your team or ML. They're success is predicated on their FO Mid and other mid (#3 i think?), and they move the ball like a HS team from LI. If you can't slow down those 2 players, they are tough to beat. I would like to see the FO Mids from ML and WP go against each other. I think those 2 are MVPs of their teams. I hope a game with WP vs ML happens this upcoming season and if it does, post it here so we can come and watch.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/11/19 01:58 PM

Hawks dad, if you're referring to NAL Summer tourney in Newcastle DE, my son's team was there and I watched your game vs ML. It was a good game to watch. ML's new face off mid may be the best player in the tournament. Fast, big strong aggressive athlete, and he was the difference maker in that game. However, the ML 6'2 200+lbs middle with DC Dog helmet was not there. If he were, I can assure you it will not be that close. Don't get me wrong, this is not to suggest Hawks are not a top team.

I agree with you about WP, they bring diff style of play simply bec they are not as big overall compared to your team or ML. They're success is predicated on their FO Mid and other mid (#3 i think?), and they move the ball like a HS team from LI. If you can't slow down those 2 players, they are tough to beat. I would like to see the FO Mids from ML and WP go against each other. I think those 2 are MVPs of their teams. I hope a game with WP vs ML happens this upcoming season and if it does, post it here so we can come and watch.

I forgot to add my prediction if they ever play (full strength).. ML 9 - WP 7

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/11/19 06:32 PM

I am hearing that DCE (former BLC) has reloaded, how true is that?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/11/19 06:44 PM

What does “full strength” mean? ML uses players from the 2023 DC Dogs team. All the kids know it. Using players from other teams, not to mention, a grade above, is “full strength”? That’s just cheating. The ML team that went to Delaware is their team and quite honestly it’s very beatable. Against the real ML team, I think 91 wins decisively.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/11/19 10:00 PM

What does “full strength” mean? ML uses players from the 2023 DC Dogs team. All the kids know it. Using players from other teams, not to mention, a grade above, is “full strength”? That’s just cheating. The ML team that went to Delaware is their team and quite honestly it’s very beatable. Against the real ML team, I think 91 wins decisively.

Full strength*:
WP = ALL their starters and "most" of their players present.
ML = ALL their starters and "most" of their players present PLUS the two DC Dogs players (both middies. one of them mentioned above).

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/12/19 12:26 AM

Full strength*:
ML = ALL their starters and "most" of their players present PLUS the two DC Dogs players (both middies. one of them mentioned above).
GROW UP!!!!...

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/12/19 12:25 PM

GROW UP!!!!...

Grow up? Get off these forums if you think you're above it. You're a a hypocrite and contribute nothing.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/12/19 05:57 PM

Full strength*:

“Plus”? A team uses players from a different team, and a grade higher, and they are the “plus” factor. They aren’t part of the team, but they play on the team. Sometimes. So what you are saying is, your confident that ML would win, if and only if they cheat and use players that aren’t in their team?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/12/19 06:06 PM

GROW UP!!!!...

Grow up? Get off these forums if you think you're above it. You're a a hypocrite and contribute nothing.
Again, Add value.. You have to be 13 or 14..

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/12/19 08:17 PM

Next Level reloaded. DCE not so much.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/12/19 11:58 PM

GROW UP!!!!...

Again, Add value.. You have to be 13 or 14..

We're dealing with reality here.. not what we all agree it should be (which is age based) which is unfortunately NOT today's reality. Saying that, in "reality", WP vs ML is unlikely to happen so this is a moot topic anyway.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/19 07:09 PM

NL picked up another 5+ reclassed kids. More than 2/3 of the roster is reclassed now. Feel bad for the on-age kids on that team. They will never see the field.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/14/19 04:24 PM

NL picked up another 5+ reclassed kids. More than 2/3 of the roster is reclassed now. Feel bad for the on-age kids on that team. They will never see the field.

The “business” of youth sports. Gotta love it. There is no more big hot mess than youth lacrosse. A complete failure model in youth sports, all due to putting the all mighty dollar above all else to include the sport and the kids. A total travesty. But you holdback parents keep working the system. Great example to set for your kids. Set them up for their future in scamming 80 year old ladies out of their nest eggs. You’re all trash.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/14/19 05:46 PM

The “business” of youth sports. Gotta love it. There is no more big hot mess than youth lacrosse. A complete failure model in youth sports, all due to putting the all mighty dollar above all else to include the sport and the kids. A total travesty. But you holdback parents keep working the system. Great example to set for your kids. Set them up for their future in scamming 80 year old ladies out of their nest eggs. You’re all trash.

Not to worry. Some holdback apologist will be here shortly to tell us how it helped his kid get better grades while stomping on kids 1 year younger than him in youth lacrosse.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/14/19 07:51 PM

Not to worry. Some holdback apologist will be here shortly to tell us how it helped his kid get better grades while stomping on kids 1 year younger than him in youth lacrosse.

All it does is make their team as old as the other teams in the elite division of HoCo and the other good tournaments across the country. NL is way behind BLC/DCE and others. I heard the 2027 BLC team only has 4 players born after 9/1/2008 and several are born in 2007. The teams with older rosters play in the elite division and the younger teams don't. Btw - they also test higher and get into better colleges. If you don't like it, put your kid in swimming or track where only the stopwatch matters.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/15/19 01:26 AM

All it does is make their team as old as the other teams in the elite division of HoCo and the other good tournaments across the country. NL is way behind BLC/DCE and others. I heard the 2027 BLC team only has 4 players born after 9/1/2008 and several are born in 2007. The teams with older rosters play in the elite division and the younger teams don't. Btw - they also test higher and get into better colleges. If you don't like it, put your kid in swimming or track where only the stopwatch matters.

And people wonder why elites have so little morals. Youth Lacrosse and beyond is just a microcosm of what many in the private prep school world think is justified to get ahead .

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/15/19 01:35 AM

And you actually believed the garbage that your coach told you? There really is a sucker born every minute. Your "source" has one thing in mind and it ain't you or your holdback. He is only interest in what he thinks "might" be a short term gain for his team, so he can win more games and make more $$$'s. Even if he's wrong, and your kid can't help his cause, there is no down side for him. Your hold back kid collects splinters on the pines.
So what. However, there is a big down side for your kid. YOU just wasted a year of his life! Good going Dad! You really F'd up this time! Even if he does get some playing time in the short term, once the other kids catch up, your kid will be tossed aside like yesterdays newspaper. Face it! Your kid is a subpar athlete and subpar student, whether he is in the grade he is suppose to be in, or any other grade. Once his advantage wears off, he will be exposed for what he is, and he will get in line with the rest of his kind, in the trash-heap of failed-holdbacks, which, for some reason, nobody likes to talk about. Fact: Over 90% of the holdbacks do not go to D1 schools. Why? They simply aren't top tier players. If they were, there would be no need to hold them back. And of the holdbacks that actually do go to D1 schools... they would have gone anyway, even if they weren't held back, had it not been for an obsessed family, who wasted a year of his life.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/15/19 07:51 PM

100% incorrect. Team 91 Wolfpack has never had a holdback. Not in 2nd grade, not last year and still not this year coming up. Never. Yet they seem to be holding their own, I’d say. And 91 isn’t the only top team without holdbacks. Explain that, you holdback cheat.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/15/19 10:08 PM

Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/19 06:05 PM

Was that the 91 team who quit on a tournament because they got beat or the 91 team who doesn't compete in the big tournaments because they can't? You keep hanging your hat on the old holdback cheater routine. You are all alone up there on the island as far as the rules go nationally.

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/19 06:21 PM

Crabs parent here. Let’s keep it real, as if that’s even remotely possible on this site. We were scheduled against Wolfpack in the NLF when 91 left. The tournament directors gave both teams the option of playing or not playing the game due to the heat. Same option they gave all teams in the lost bracket. Crabs coaches decided they wanted to play. Obviously 91 chose not to. Can’t say I blame them. Play a game in 95 degree heat that means nothing? For us, it would have been nice to get a shot at 91. For them, not much of a point to play the last game of the year with no shot at the T-shirt.

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/19 06:22 PM

BTW - how many other teams quit?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/19 06:31 PM

100% incorrect. Team 91 Wolfpack has never had a holdback. Not in 2nd grade, not last year and still not this year coming up. Never. Yet they seem to be holding their own, I’d say. And 91 isn’t the only top team without holdbacks. Explain that, you holdback cheat.

Unless you are the coach, you have no idea how many kids on the team are holdbacks. A ton of parents do late kindergarten - it's not just about kids repeating 8th grade at the "request" of a private school.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/19 06:31 PM

Never mind. I just checked tourney machine. They were the only team quitting, they quit on Saturday and not Sunday and they weren't anywhere near the top team. It makes their appearance on a MD forum that much more irritating.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/19 09:00 PM

Didn't realize that Team 91 player on Crush who is the #1 recruit in the junior class is a November B Day Re-Class....perhaps reclassifying a bit more prevalent on the Island than some might lead us to believe....

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/16/19 09:52 PM

Didn't realize that Team 91 player on Crush who is the #1 recruit in the junior class is a November B Day Re-Class....perhaps reclassifying a bit more prevalent on the Island than some might lead us to believe....

November reclass in LI would be on age in Maryland. Holding back players born in Sept, Oct, Nov, would be reclass in LI with a Dec 1 school start age. In MD it is the right age to start and be in school.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 01:28 AM

The IL article didn't say he was held back...to be clear it said he was RE-classed and gets alot of grief for it which he has learned to deal with....I am not here to say it is wrong that is 100% up to each family, just pointing out the facts.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 02:45 PM

You are not a Crabs parent.....

I call BS.... You are a liar of the first order, you are probably a coach or a naive parent of the pups..... What ... do you think that no one else was at Amherst?

The Wolfpups ran home crying on Saturday, they were scheduled to play the Crabs on Sunday at 8 AM when it was what 80 degrees? It was a slightly overcast cooler morning, all other teams were out there playing except for the the pups... Are you saying that the directors went to 2 teams in a summer tournament to say you don't have to play because it is 80 degrees...., There is no excuses other than you lost and your team did not have the mental capacity to finish what they started. that lesson will carry on through life, hopefully they boys will switch to a program that teaches them that life is not WYSL, because that's over. The pups will not be winning may tournaments anymore, but they will have the memories and stories. "Remember when we were 12 and thought we were good....."

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 03:16 PM

November reclass in LI would be on age in Maryland. Holding back players born in Sept, Oct, Nov, would be reclass in LI with a Dec 1 school start age. In MD it is the right age to start and be in school.

Correct. In MD the boy is “on age”.

Interesting to note that, for the last three years in a row, the #1 recruit in the country is from Team 91 Long Island.

2020 grad year going to Duke and NOT a holdback.

2021 reclass but NOT a holdback by MD standards.

2022 player plays up 2 years! How about that! The only All American freshman in history. What you think of that all you MD cheater holdback parents? That’s how WE roll on the island.

All three players are on Team 91 Crush and all gained national recognition 4 years ago when they played on the national stage and won the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. Sound familiar? History repeats itself.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 03:20 PM

Here with the "stunad" word again...sheesh. Dude - Tony Soprano called. He wants his vocabulary back.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 03:23 PM

Unless you are the coach, you have no idea how many kids on the team are holdbacks. A ton of parents do late kindergarten - it's not just about kids repeating 8th grade at the "request" of a private school.

Bro you been living under a rock? Everyone knows that WP went to the WSYL with 100% of its team and no guest players. That’s your proof.

And if you have a close team, parents friend each other on social media. So when it’s a kids birthday, it is very well documented. So, yes, we know. Still zero holdbacks! Hard to believe, I’m sure, coming from a holdback parent of a team with 80% holdbacks. Yup. Beat you guys up badly with kids a year+ younger than your team. Yeah. Must be a tough pill to swallow.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 05:09 PM

Bro you been living under a rock? Everyone knows that WP went to the WSYL with 100% of its team and no guest players. That’s your proof.

And if you have a close team, parents friend each other on social media. So when it’s a kids birthday, it is very well documented. So, yes, we know. Still zero holdbacks! Hard to believe, I’m sure, coming from a holdback parent of a team with 80% holdbacks. Yup. Beat you guys up badly with kids a year+ younger than your team. Yeah. Must be a tough pill to swallow.

WP does not even have close to the talent that crush had. Stop comparing yourselves to that. There are 2 Players on the team that you got last year , for the WSYL. Without them you guys are in the back of the pack. FACTS... for the WSYL. you recruited 6 new players just for the the tourney.. So not the same team. LIES LIES AND MORE LIES. PACK UP AND GO HOME.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 05:22 PM

And that's fine except 91 kid/parent continues to scream at you Crabs parent about how bad your team is and what a cheater you are. You are being insulted and defending a team who quit because they didn't have a chance at the title and they tell everyone else how great they are and how bad you are. Come on.

Not affiliated with either team, but there have been plenty of teams at all grad levels that have bailed on lost bracket games in 95° heat. Sure you can call them quitters. But in a game that means nothing but a chest pound, at the rising 8th grade level, I’d rather not risk injury. lost brackets are the densest thing ever anyway.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 06:35 PM

Not defending anything. Just explaining what happened at the tournament. Teams in lost bracket had the choice of playing or not.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 07:28 PM

Not affiliated with either team, but there have been plenty of teams at all grad levels that have bailed on lost bracket games in 95° heat. Sure you can call them quitters. But in a game that means nothing but a chest pound, at the rising 8th grade level, I’d rather not risk injury. lost brackets are the densest thing ever anyway.

Get the F out of here Wolfpup parent (for some reason your guys think you are smart) . Again, all other teams stayed and played, in all the years I have been taking my kids to summer tournaments I have never heard of teams leaving early. My kids have won and lost and we stay until the last game is over, we might be all packed up with the engine running but just out of respect, sportsmanship and just being decent, you stay and play through it.

AND AGAIN 75% of the teams there were in the lost brackets and they ALL stayed and played.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 10:08 PM

I haven’t heard any insults about the crabs from this guy. The only people he’s insulted are the holdback parents of which I am not. Holdbacks have ruined the game and we here in the mid-Atlantic know that better than anyone.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/17/19 10:18 PM

Get the F out of here Wolfpup parent (for some reason your guys think you are smart) . Again, all other teams stayed and played, in all the years I have been taking my kids to summer tournaments I have never heard of teams leaving early. My kids have won and lost and we stay until the last game is over, we might be all packed up with the engine running but just out of respect, sportsmanship and just being decent, you stay and play through it.

AND AGAIN 75% of the teams there were in the lost brackets and they ALL stayed and played.

You are obsessed. A team didn’t play in a lost bracket. SERIOUSLY?!!!!!! Nobody gives a LaxinItUp! Move on!

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/18/19 02:24 PM

You are obsessed. A team didn’t play in a lost bracket. SERIOUSLY?!!!!!! Nobody gives a LaxinItUp! Move on!

No, you move on....Think about the families that paid to stay in hotels and to fly on the more expensive Sunday returns only to show up on Sunday morning and there is no one to play. There is just being decent and teaching your kids sportsmanship. In the end I guess it shows that they are just a bunch of bullies, that when they go sucker punched went home to cry with their Mommy.
You can scream HB all you want they will not be winning any of the big tournaments withe the top Mid Atlantic teams in the them anymore, those days are done, so get use to it.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/18/19 06:22 PM

I haven’t heard any insults about the crabs from this guy. The only people he’s insulted are the holdback parents of which I am not. Holdbacks have ruined the game and we here in the mid-Atlantic know that better than anyone.

You’re wrong. LI guy insults Madlax repeatedly. But as the worst offenders in the lacrosse underworld of holdbacks, double holdbacks and guest holdbacks, I have absolutely no problem with those insults. All deserved as far as I’m concerned.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/19/19 04:00 PM

Full strength*:

Are you serious? You include players from a different team?? And a grade higher?? Wow. You must be from Madlax with a justification like that. Just say it. If Madlax cheats, you like their chances. That’s BS. The team is completely dependent upon one player, unless it invites older players that aren’t on the team. Straight-up, Hawks vs the legit Madlax team, is a toss up.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/19/19 04:15 PM

When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/19/19 04:36 PM

According to my neighbor's kid's cousin's friend's brother's teacher's son, the DC Dog player in question is on another team and may not even play in this game if they did meet up.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/19/19 05:36 PM

When was the last time Hawks beat Madlax? 16 months ago? 7-8 head-to-head matchups ago? Who's the one player that they're dependent upon?

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/20/19 02:04 AM

The big FO midi that played for the 2033 DC Dogs until last year. Take that kid away, and Hawks coast to straight wins every game vs Madlax.

When was the last time they (Hawks) beat 91 MD? 3rd grade I think.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/20/19 07:05 PM

Which teams are going to Battle on the Bay?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/20/19 08:21 PM

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/20/19 11:02 PM

The conversation is about the Hawks and Madlax. Understand? Too complicated for you? Repeat: Hawks beat Madlax without their 2023 DC Dogs player. Got it now?

How many 2023’s does Madlax have? I heard as many as three.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/21/19 11:58 PM

Three are confirmed. Could me more.

Re: Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/22/19 02:35 AM

Lets see if I do, Hawks cant beat 91 ever and Hawks can't beat Madlax unless they are missing players. Got it Now !
© 2019 Back of THE CAGE