Epic Jokers Tryout Camp is Posted in the Forums Section & Events tab! | Liberty Lacrosse Tryouts 2 Days Away!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2021-10th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 10:04 AM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 09:06 AM
Boys 2028-3rd Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 08:57 AM
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 08:50 AM
Girls 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 08:44 AM
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/21/19 06:48 AM
Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 07/20/19 08:26 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,675
Posts251,724
Members2,110
Most Online6,140
Jun 13th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 71 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 70 71
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287476
06/25/19 08:41 AM
06/25/19 08:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a long island parent , and played laxachusettes yesterday , we have played Hawks and Laxachusettes the last couple of weeks , both in playoff games . First thing that comes to mind is the Laxachusettes parents are great , respectful , and are awesome win or loose , they love there sports and are competitive but understand most of the boys we are talking about havent reached puberty . thyt as a whole have some very good players , of age , if one or two kids are bigger does not make them holbacks or cheaters , class act and a good team . Now the Hawks , not only are the parents unbearable , maybe living there unrealized dreams through there kids , they flat out cheat the system ! for the benefit of winning a t shirt would hold back kids that already are 1 year older then most others. One parent from Bethesda real nice mon laughed when i said the Hawks say the whole roster is 11 and younger ,, COME ON MAN ,,,let it go ,,you keep yelling HAWKS until these touraments smarten up and require Birth year and Matrix charts ,,,like every other sports,,so to your question,,,LI parents respect laxachusetts and laugh at HAWKS

I am a Tigers XXVI father. Having played the Hawks, Laxachusetts, and Express this year I have to say that I have exchanged kind words with parents on all three teams. At the same time I have heard nonsense out of the mouths of parents on all three teams as well. Open your eyes LI parent, you have some winners on your sidelines as well. Every team does. Also, you realize that the Massachusetts age cut off for school is the same as Maryland don't you? You never see LI parents complaining about that in here. heck, the biggest kid in the NLF tournament was on the Tigers, and no one that I heard questioned his age.

MD is known for holding kids back along with the school cut off being different. So many of the kids are 1 1/2 to 2 years older than LI kids.

MA dad - Not LXC

So are we to believe that the players at Chaminade and St. Anthony's are all on age for their class?

Not a chance. Look around in the different forums and there are plenty of posts from LI parents to other LI parents complaining about LI kids being held back.

Correct. I am a LI parent of public school children, and there are hold backs at the private schools. Less than in MD I'm sure, but that's probably only because there are only 2 big private lacrosse programs on LI.

I will say that BLC is a top tier team in MD and Diamondbacks is not at all. In fact they are so bad they are merging with another org to get better. If Diamondbacks which are terrible and no one complains about their size and they go and beat up on LI and Philly teams what does that say?

Long Island Strong!!!!!!

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #287483
06/25/19 10:02 AM
06/25/19 10:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are we to believe that the players at Chaminade and St. Anthony's are all on age for their class?[/quote]

Not a chance. Look around in the different forums and there are plenty of posts from LI parents to other LI parents complaining about LI kids being held back.[/quote]

Correct. I am a LI parent of public school children, and there are hold backs at the private schools. Less than in MD I'm sure, but that's probably only because there are only 2 big private lacrosse programs on LI. [/quote]

I will say that BLC is a top tier team in MD and Diamondbacks is not at all. In fact they are so bad they are merging with another org to get better. If Diamondbacks which are terrible and no one complains about their size and they go and beat up on LI and Philly teams what does that say?

Long Island Strong!!!!!!

[/quote]

Who are they merging with?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287508
06/25/19 12:28 PM
06/25/19 12:28 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are we to believe that the players at Chaminade and St. Anthony's are all on age for their class?

Not a chance. Look around in the different forums and there are plenty of posts from LI parents to other LI parents complaining about LI kids being held back.[/quote]

Correct. I am a LI parent of public school children, and there are hold backs at the private schools. Less than in MD I'm sure, but that's probably only because there are only 2 big private lacrosse programs on LI. [/quote]

Long Island Strong!!!!!!

[/quote]

Who are they merging with?[/quote]

They are merging with Severna Park Green Hornets/Swarm. That team has some decent players they will pick up.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #287525
06/25/19 02:34 PM
06/25/19 02:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

be glad the hawks didn't bother to come to LI last weekend. it would have been ugly

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287540
06/25/19 03:35 PM
06/25/19 03:35 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be very curious to see what would happen if Laxachusetts, practiced from September to July as a team, then played a full slate of fall tournaments, followed by a dozen games in a spring league (like HOCO), then played the summer circuit, versus picking the roster 3 weeks before the June 1, practicing 3 times together then playing and BEATING the Hawks like LXC did last July in MD. My guess is the Hawks wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe you didn't know that the team was put together weeks before the summer with 3 practices though...not having played a single game prior to the summer tournament schedule. But they encourage 11 years olds to be multi sport athletes and most on the team excel at an elite level, in one or two other sports. That's the reality, my friend.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287542
06/25/19 03:59 PM
06/25/19 03:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be very curious to see what would happen if Laxachusetts, practiced from September to July as a team, then played a full slate of fall tournaments, followed by a dozen games in a spring league (like HOCO), then played the summer circuit, versus picking the roster 3 weeks before the June 1, practicing 3 times together then playing and BEATING the Hawks like LXC did last July in MD. My guess is the Hawks wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe you didn't know that the team was put together weeks before the summer with 3 practices though...not having played a single game prior to the summer tournament schedule. But they encourage 11 years olds to be multi sport athletes and most on the team excel at an elite level, in one or two other sports. That's the reality, my friend.

Amen to that ! Most of the very best lax players are also studs in football or soccer, and are not burnt out by the time they reach HS.
But I will gladly let the one sport "wonder boys" do what they do best, wilt under pressure when they get older.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287543
06/25/19 04:17 PM
06/25/19 04:17 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

be glad the hawks didn't bother to come to LI last weekend. it would have been ugly

All the players taking their drivers ed test so they had to stay in MD?

Too bad an Annapolis team will never qualify for a WSYL.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #287544
06/25/19 04:20 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting, as their website lists fall ball(2 tourneys), box and spring league training as well.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287545

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that ! Most of the very best lax players are also studs in football or soccer, and are not burnt out by the time they reach HS.
But I will gladly let the one sport "wonder boys" do what they do best, wilt under pressure when they get older.

I’m fairly certain that not a single player on the 2026 Hawks is a single sport athlete. Most are playing 2-3 sports and the only time the Hawks expect players to prioritize Lacrosse is in the Spring and Tournament season. Sorry to disappoint you again.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287546
06/25/19 04:26 PM
06/25/19 04:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously???? Stop making excusing for both you and your son, take some accountability and call it a day. I can only imagine your conversation with your wife. Bet it goes something like this....Honey, could you only imagine if I went to college.....those other guys/gals couldn't boss me around.....Honey, could you only image if I didn't eat so many candy bars...I might not be so fat....Honey, cold you only image if...….you get my drift......you're the type of person always blaming someone/something else besides your own actions. How many times have you blamed the refs, field conditions or weather? That being said, many of parents from LXC were very respectful and called the game as they see it...you on the other hand, not so much.......

Last edited by Annoy.; 06/25/19 04:34 PM.
Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287551
06/25/19 04:45 PM
06/25/19 04:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays football, and Basketball, as well as Hawks. Nice try though.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #287552
06/25/19 04:50 PM
06/25/19 04:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Question for the group (especially those with knowledge of the Maryland (Hawks), Massachusetts (Laxachusetts) and Philly/PA area (Tigers XXVI) : How far is your geographic circle of kids on the team? On LI, most kids who play for Express, Team 91, Igloo, Legacy, etc. are located within a 20-30 minute car ride radius (yes, there are a couple of outliers, but most do not travel more than that to their home field practice location). With so many teams competing for the same talent pool in the same geographic area, LI teams are diluting the talent. Also, there are some great town programs (like Garden City, etc.) who encourage their players to not play club lacrosse and do a great job keeping top talent within their own town travel teams.

Does Laxachussetts Black get kids from all over Mass? Is it the Greater Boston Area (and how big is that)? Are their multiple Laxachusetts teams (Western, Eastern, North, South, Rhode Island), that all feed into a summer Elite team. Same with Hawks? Are they pulling from a large geographic talent pool by themselves? I know there are plenty of teams within the Howarrd County (HoCO) region, but do they just get the best of the best?

We are also starting to see teams like Dukes National, True Illinois, Sweetlax that are pulling in kids on a statewide (or even out of state) basis to play in tournaments. That is an extremely wide talent pool area to pull from LI just has too many teams and it is supply/demand. Forget about age, cutoff dates, holdbacks... each LI club is out there to make money and have as many kids on their A, B, C teams. LI needs a way to figure out a way to consolidate talent. Don't know how. But again, was just wondering if people can elaborate on how it is done in the other areas mentioned above.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287554
06/25/19 05:02 PM
06/25/19 05:02 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids playing this level lacrosse at this age are multi sport athletes. Maybe not all on the travel level, but most play 2-3 sports.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287560
06/25/19 05:50 PM
06/25/19 05:50 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All optional...you failed to mention that. And most play hockey, football and soccer so it's not really an option.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #287564
06/25/19 08:48 PM
06/25/19 08:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which team is better on Long Island? Express AA or 91 AA. And if the answer is Express, take away their face off kid and who wins? Pros and cons of each team? I am trying to decide which team would be best for my son. Honest answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Reply Quote
Page 57 of 71 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 70 71
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification