BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28
Re: Boys 2026-5th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a long island parent , and played laxachusettes yesterday , we have played Hawks and Laxachusettes the last couple of weeks , both in playoff games . First thing that comes to mind is the Laxachusettes parents are great , respectful , and are awesome win or loose , they love there sports and are competitive but understand most of the boys we are talking about havent reached puberty . thyt as a whole have some very good players , of age , if one or two kids are bigger does not make them holbacks or cheaters , class act and a good team . Now the Hawks , not only are the parents unbearable , maybe living there unrealized dreams through there kids , they flat out cheat the system ! for the benefit of winning a t shirt would hold back kids that already are 1 year older then most others. One parent from Bethesda real nice mon laughed when i said the Hawks say the whole roster is 11 and younger ,, COME ON MAN ,,,let it go ,,you keep yelling HAWKS until these touraments smarten up and require Birth year and Matrix charts ,,,like every other sports,,so to your question,,,LI parents respect laxachusetts and laugh at HAWKS

I am a Tigers XXVI father. Having played the Hawks, Laxachusetts, and Express this year I have to say that I have exchanged kind words with parents on all three teams. At the same time I have heard nonsense out of the mouths of parents on all three teams as well. Open your eyes LI parent, you have some winners on your sidelines as well. Every team does. Also, you realize that the Massachusetts age cut off for school is the same as Maryland don't you? You never see LI parents complaining about that in here. heck, the biggest kid in the NLF tournament was on the Tigers, and no one that I heard questioned his age.

MD is known for holding kids back along with the school cut off being different. So many of the kids are 1 1/2 to 2 years older than LI kids.

MA dad - Not LXC

So are we to believe that the players at Chaminade and St. Anthony's are all on age for their class?

Not a chance. Look around in the different forums and there are plenty of posts from LI parents to other LI parents complaining about LI kids being held back.

Correct. I am a LI parent of public school children, and there are hold backs at the private schools. Less than in MD I'm sure, but that's probably only because there are only 2 big private lacrosse programs on LI.

I will say that BLC is a top tier team in MD and Diamondbacks is not at all. In fact they are so bad they are merging with another org to get better. If Diamondbacks which are terrible and no one complains about their size and they go and beat up on LI and Philly teams what does that say?

Long Island Strong!!!!!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are we to believe that the players at Chaminade and St. Anthony's are all on age for their class?[/quote]

Not a chance. Look around in the different forums and there are plenty of posts from LI parents to other LI parents complaining about LI kids being held back.[/quote]

Correct. I am a LI parent of public school children, and there are hold backs at the private schools. Less than in MD I'm sure, but that's probably only because there are only 2 big private lacrosse programs on LI. [/quote]

I will say that BLC is a top tier team in MD and Diamondbacks is not at all. In fact they are so bad they are merging with another org to get better. If Diamondbacks which are terrible and no one complains about their size and they go and beat up on LI and Philly teams what does that say?

Long Island Strong!!!!!!

[/quote]

Who are they merging with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So are we to believe that the players at Chaminade and St. Anthony's are all on age for their class?

Not a chance. Look around in the different forums and there are plenty of posts from LI parents to other LI parents complaining about LI kids being held back.[/quote]

Correct. I am a LI parent of public school children, and there are hold backs at the private schools. Less than in MD I'm sure, but that's probably only because there are only 2 big private lacrosse programs on LI. [/quote]

Long Island Strong!!!!!!

[/quote]

Who are they merging with?[/quote]

They are merging with Severna Park Green Hornets/Swarm. That team has some decent players they will pick up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
be glad the hawks didn't bother to come to LI last weekend. it would have been ugly

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be very curious to see what would happen if Laxachusetts, practiced from September to July as a team, then played a full slate of fall tournaments, followed by a dozen games in a spring league (like HOCO), then played the summer circuit, versus picking the roster 3 weeks before the June 1, practicing 3 times together then playing and BEATING the Hawks like LXC did last July in MD. My guess is the Hawks wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe you didn't know that the team was put together weeks before the summer with 3 practices though...not having played a single game prior to the summer tournament schedule. But they encourage 11 years olds to be multi sport athletes and most on the team excel at an elite level, in one or two other sports. That's the reality, my friend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would be very curious to see what would happen if Laxachusetts, practiced from September to July as a team, then played a full slate of fall tournaments, followed by a dozen games in a spring league (like HOCO), then played the summer circuit, versus picking the roster 3 weeks before the June 1, practicing 3 times together then playing and BEATING the Hawks like LXC did last July in MD. My guess is the Hawks wouldn't stand a chance. Maybe you didn't know that the team was put together weeks before the summer with 3 practices though...not having played a single game prior to the summer tournament schedule. But they encourage 11 years olds to be multi sport athletes and most on the team excel at an elite level, in one or two other sports. That's the reality, my friend.

Amen to that ! Most of the very best lax players are also studs in football or soccer, and are not burnt out by the time they reach HS.
But I will gladly let the one sport "wonder boys" do what they do best, wilt under pressure when they get older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
be glad the hawks didn't bother to come to LI last weekend. it would have been ugly

All the players taking their drivers ed test so they had to stay in MD?

Too bad an Annapolis team will never qualify for a WSYL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting, as their website lists fall ball(2 tourneys), box and spring league training as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amen to that ! Most of the very best lax players are also studs in football or soccer, and are not burnt out by the time they reach HS.
But I will gladly let the one sport "wonder boys" do what they do best, wilt under pressure when they get older.

I’m fairly certain that not a single player on the 2026 Hawks is a single sport athlete. Most are playing 2-3 sports and the only time the Hawks expect players to prioritize Lacrosse is in the Spring and Tournament season. Sorry to disappoint you again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously???? Stop making excusing for both you and your son, take some accountability and call it a day. I can only imagine your conversation with your wife. Bet it goes something like this....Honey, could you only imagine if I went to college.....those other guys/gals couldn't boss me around.....Honey, could you only image if I didn't eat so many candy bars...I might not be so fat....Honey, cold you only image if...….you get my drift......you're the type of person always blaming someone/something else besides your own actions. How many times have you blamed the refs, field conditions or weather? That being said, many of parents from LXC were very respectful and called the game as they see it...you on the other hand, not so much.......

Last edited by Annoy.; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays football, and Basketball, as well as Hawks. Nice try though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the group (especially those with knowledge of the Maryland (Hawks), Massachusetts (Laxachusetts) and Philly/PA area (Tigers XXVI) : How far is your geographic circle of kids on the team? On LI, most kids who play for Express, Team 91, Igloo, Legacy, etc. are located within a 20-30 minute car ride radius (yes, there are a couple of outliers, but most do not travel more than that to their home field practice location). With so many teams competing for the same talent pool in the same geographic area, LI teams are diluting the talent. Also, there are some great town programs (like Garden City, etc.) who encourage their players to not play club lacrosse and do a great job keeping top talent within their own town travel teams.

Does Laxachussetts Black get kids from all over Mass? Is it the Greater Boston Area (and how big is that)? Are their multiple Laxachusetts teams (Western, Eastern, North, South, Rhode Island), that all feed into a summer Elite team. Same with Hawks? Are they pulling from a large geographic talent pool by themselves? I know there are plenty of teams within the Howarrd County (HoCO) region, but do they just get the best of the best?

We are also starting to see teams like Dukes National, True Illinois, Sweetlax that are pulling in kids on a statewide (or even out of state) basis to play in tournaments. That is an extremely wide talent pool area to pull from LI just has too many teams and it is supply/demand. Forget about age, cutoff dates, holdbacks... each LI club is out there to make money and have as many kids on their A, B, C teams. LI needs a way to figure out a way to consolidate talent. Don't know how. But again, was just wondering if people can elaborate on how it is done in the other areas mentioned above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most kids playing this level lacrosse at this age are multi sport athletes. Maybe not all on the travel level, but most play 2-3 sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All optional...you failed to mention that. And most play hockey, football and soccer so it's not really an option.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is better on Long Island? Express AA or 91 AA. And if the answer is Express, take away their face off kid and who wins? Pros and cons of each team? I am trying to decide which team would be best for my son. Honest answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and 91 are the same teams. What is going to happen is simple. CoachC and Spallina are businessmen and they are going to merge these teams one way or the other. Neither team can compete with the older talent that the Hawks & Lax have on their own and they know that. Simple solution. Merge the teams and get the best 20 from L.I. on the field. Both clubs will still make a ton of money regardless and they will no longer have to hear the Hawks Dad gloat about his non re-graded 12 year old beating 10/11 yr olds. They will say that this is not happening and how dare it even be suggested. Don't be fooled. The team is already picked and you will most likely see that come tryouts when miraculously the 8-12 best kids from your team are not there. I can't wait to see the team name. SpaChucks, Chanillina's, or ChannySpills........ WSYL 2021 here we come.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are an express dad and if your top face guy goes to 91 your team is done. Same can be said for 91. If there top guy leaves they are in just as much if not more trouble. What you should follow is where the Igloo F/O kid goes because whichever club grabs him they become head and shoulders above the other one. We didn't play express or 91 but the Igloo kid was lights out and those other 2 are even better. Hope that helped.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All optional...you failed to mention that. And most play hockey, football and soccer so it's not really an option.

I have never heard of a team that doesn't allow their players to play other sports, and prioritize those sports in the Fall and Winter. If that team/organization exists, I wouldn't suggest letting your child play for them. Hawks fall/winter is optional as well, you get to what you can.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you are an express dad and if your top face guy goes to 91 your team is done. Same can be said for 91. If there top guy leaves they are in just as much if not more trouble. What you should follow is where the Igloo F/O kid goes because whichever club grabs him they become head and shoulders above the other one. We didn't play express or 91 but the Igloo kid was lights out and those other 2 are even better. Hope that helped.

Do LI Express and 91 both pull from Nassau and Suffolk?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question for the group (especially those with knowledge of the Maryland (Hawks), Massachusetts (Laxachusetts) and Philly/PA area (Tigers XXVI) : How far is your geographic circle of kids on the team? On LI, most kids who play for Express, Team 91, Igloo, Legacy, etc. are located within a 20-30 minute car ride radius (yes, there are a couple of outliers, but most do not travel more than that to their home field practice location). With so many teams competing for the same talent pool in the same geographic area, LI teams are diluting the talent. Also, there are some great town programs (like Garden City, etc.) who encourage their players to not play club lacrosse and do a great job keeping top talent within their own town travel teams.

Does Laxachussetts Black get kids from all over Mass? Is it the Greater Boston Area (and how big is that)? Are their multiple Laxachusetts teams (Western, Eastern, North, South, Rhode Island), that all feed into a summer Elite team. Same with Hawks? Are they pulling from a large geographic talent pool by themselves? I know there are plenty of teams within the Howarrd County (HoCO) region, but do they just get the best of the best?

We are also starting to see teams like Dukes National, True Illinois, Sweetlax that are pulling in kids on a statewide (or even out of state) basis to play in tournaments. That is an extremely wide talent pool area to pull from LI just has too many teams and it is supply/demand. Forget about age, cutoff dates, holdbacks... each LI club is out there to make money and have as many kids on their A, B, C teams. LI needs a way to figure out a way to consolidate talent. Don't know how. But again, was just wondering if people can elaborate on how it is done in the other areas mentioned above.

Hawks pulls from Annapolis and most kids live within 20 minutes - we have 5-6 club teams also within our area and they arent good. We actually share practice fields with other orgs because of limited field space.

Hawks typically get the best kids in our area - Baltimore CLubs like FCA, Crabs and Team 91 get the top kids in Baltimore

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team is better on Long Island? Express AA or 91 AA. And if the answer is Express, take away their face off kid and who wins? Pros and cons of each team? I am trying to decide which team would be best for my son. Honest answers would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

My opinion is that 91 was probably the better team last year and definitely was the year before (3rd grade...). More recently I think that Express seems to be the better club. I believe the coach of Express is in his 2nd year with them. 91 lost to the Outlaws last weekend. 91 didn't play the game that i've seen them play but still, the Outlaws??
Why say take a kid away from the team? If he's with the team he's with the team. Unless he's going somewhere that you know about.
I would agree with another poster that the top face off guys are Express, 91 then Igloo. 91 has a real good goalie and seems to make stops that many others at this age aren't yet. The Laxechusetts goalie was small but was great! Note: I am NOT the parent of a goalie or face off kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I certainly wasn't saying the Hawks aren't great...they are. Only thing I was saying was that they practice as a team all year. A Hawks dad that I spoke to at NLF confirmed this. Was surprised that Laxachusetts basically ran skills from Nov-Mar and more lax systems in the spring and didn't practice as a team. That chemistry is huge in lax, whether it be clears, breakouts, fastbreaks, or running an offense. Knowing a teammate is cutting without even having to look can't be minimized. I just said it would be fun to see if the black team practiced and developed that chemistry, what would happen. Hawks would win their fair share...but it would be close. Sorry if I upset the Hawks folks. Great program, great team. - LXC black

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the interesting thing is if you take away the faceoff guys (as important of a skill as there is, but an acquired one), the difference in field play to btw LI teams and the hawks and boston is very apparent. it is not close athletically. hawks have multiple kids who are too athletic and are on the field in waves. tough to overcome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express and 91 are the same teams. What is going to happen is simple. CoachC and Spallina are businessmen and they are going to merge these teams one way or the other. Neither team can compete with the older talent that the Hawks & Lax have on their own and they know that. Simple solution. Merge the teams and get the best 20 from L.I. on the field. Both clubs will still make a ton of money regardless and they will no longer have to hear the Hawks Dad gloat about his non re-graded 12 year old beating 10/11 yr olds. They will say that this is not happening and how dare it even be suggested. Don't be fooled. The team is already picked and you will most likely see that come tryouts when miraculously the 8-12 best kids from your team are not there. I can't wait to see the team name. SpaChucks, Chanillina's, or ChannySpills........ WSYL 2021 here we come.

You sound like a jilted chick, just saying

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My opinion is that 91 was probably the better team last year and definitely was the year before (3rd grade...). More recently I think that Express seems to be the better club. I believe the coach of Express is in his 2nd year with them. 91 lost to the Outlaws last weekend. 91 didn't play the game that i've seen them play but still, the Outlaws??
Why say take a kid away from the team? If he's with the team he's with the team. Unless he's going somewhere that you know about.
I would agree with another poster that the top face off guys are Express, 91 then Igloo. 91 has a real good goalie and seems to make stops that many others at this age aren't yet. The Laxechusetts goalie was small but was great! Note: I am NOT the parent of a goalie or face off kid.

NO team is unbeatable. Any team that adds a strong player at a pivotal position, has a chance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like a jilted chick, just saying

No, he sounds like a LI guy from out east who has a fake tan, shiny teeth, sunglasses, and is short. He's about to make a deal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone played the Towermen from Jersey?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Haven't Played them but saw them at Forsberg earlier this month and they were very impressive

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have not played them, but have watched them. They are pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have not played them, but have watched them. They are pretty good.

Nice single A team from Jersey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just found this Forum. Heard about it at a tournament last week. WOW!

My son plays for the Hawks he is 10 he turns 11 July 18. He is a starting midfielder and above average size. I also coach many of the Hawks in Football and Basketball at travel and AAU level. If you think the Hawks have big kids go to a Football or basketball game for a higher level team. Our kids are not big when you think of the elite athletes in our area. LI dads would not want to see some of those kids with a lacrosse stick in their hands big fast coordinated nasty and yes they are all the correct age.

Point is better athletes are playing lacrosse and the day of the little guy with the great stick dominating is over. Look at college. The best teams their best players are all former standout football and basket ball players. MD, Loyola, Yale, Penn. UVA, Ohio st,, Duke etc. Read the bios. The common denominator is big fast strong tough. Not LI or MD PA or NJ. At least the best players.

My 8 yr old is the same size as my 10 yr old so I can’t wait in two years to watch all the crazies scream at him and tell him he should be driving to the game etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good to know that you have a database of all the ages (with birth certificate verification) of all the kids on your team and in "your area", for that matter. At least now, we know where to go when we need an age verified.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For those of you who think that LI boys only play lacrosse all year, you’re mistaken. All the boys are encouraged to be 3 sport athletes. This rivalry between states and chest-pounding over who is better seems a little crazy. If you enjoy lacrosse and your kid has potential, better competition should be welcomed. And as time goes on, hopefully many of these boys will play together at some collegiate level. They could all be teammates at some point. Enjoy the sport and the journey. Don’t worry about holdbacks. If your kid is playing bigger, faster kids, he will get better. Bigger, faster kids playing younger kids most likely will not. And if all this nonsense gets to you, stay off this website. It helps. Winning is great, but it isn’t everything. Good luck at your tourneys this weekend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays for the Hawks he is 10 he turns 11 July 18. He is a starting midfielder and above average size. I also coach many of the Hawks in Football and Basketball at travel and AAU level. If you think the Hawks have big kids go to a Football or basketball game for a higher level team. Our kids are not big when you think of the elite athletes in our area. LI dads would not want to see some of those kids with a lacrosse stick in their hands big fast coordinated nasty and yes they are all the correct age.

Point is better athletes are playing lacrosse and the day of the little guy with the great stick dominating is over. Look at college. The best teams their best players are all former standout football and basket ball players. MD, Loyola, Yale, Penn. UVA, Ohio st,, Duke etc. Read the bios. The common denominator is big fast strong tough. Not LI or MD PA or NJ. At least the best players.

My 8 yr old is the same size as my 10 yr old so I can’t wait in two years to watch all the crazies scream at him and tell him he should be driving to the game etc.

Lacrosse has always been, and will continue to be the sport of the wealthy. It is an expensive sport, there is very little scholarship money and kids must still excel in school to play big time lax so academic money can equal or surpass athletic. That's all, end of story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amen. different type of athlete these days in lacrosse and yet still, a much smaller, slower athlete playing when you compare the high level of on age football and basketball. the difference is staggering. high level MD football for U11-- wow. basketball the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post above and very true. Lacrosse is getting the bigger better athletes that used to become baseball players, but in today's age find it unbelievably boring. Can't count the number of kids I have coached who's dad's were college baseball players and have had to admit it's a much better choice.

But, there will always be Napoleon complex parents complaining...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Upper tier AA...watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lacrosse has always been, and will continue to be the sport of the wealthy. It is an expensive sport, there is very little scholarship money and kids must still excel in school to play big time lax so academic money can equal or surpass athletic. That's all, end of story.

More accurately, travel/club sports are for the wealthy. Playing travel soccer is very pricey. Playing AAU hoops is very pricey. Playing travel baseball is very pricey. Volleyball, pricey. Cheerleading, pricey. Dance, probably the most pricey of them all. Lacrosse is no more expensive to play on the travel/club level than other sports. Cheerleaders are athletes too, ha.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if you are paying for AAU hoops you are on the wrong team.

Page 22 of 28 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard