The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 09:54 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 09:26 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 08:50 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 07:02 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 06:19 PM
Girls 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 05:58 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 04:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,118
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 407 of 431 1 2 405 406 407 408 409 430 431
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285048
05/20/19 07:02 AM
05/20/19 07:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congratulations to West Islip on a hard fought & well earned win over Bay Shore today. They did a better job of capitalizing on a few Bay Shore mistakes in the third to mount a comeback and take control of the game. Could argue Bay Shore was the better team for most of the game. Bay Shore controlled the first half 3-1 but could not maintain their focus in the second half with a few consecutive sloppy clears that led to WI goals. Both defenses looked strong throughout the game & both goalies were very good. WI offense found just enough while the Bay Shore attack (2 out of 3 anyway) could not create or finish anything...Good season for Bay Shore, but in the end, and throughout the season; just could not make enough plays, or avoid costly mistakes, in the big moments against the good teams... Good luck to all those teams still playing.

Let's also not forget the 3 goals that were taken away from Bay Shore from the referees. If those goals were allowed Bay Shore would have won. It's sad when refs make decisions that cost a team a win. Good job to West Islip and good luck against Smithtown West.

Sure is! Just ask Maryland. Incompetent Refs have no place in the game! So Blatant in HS lacrosse. Too many just don’t understand the rules! Terrible!

Stop your whining. Either pick up a whistle and attempt to officiate a game or STFU.

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285053
05/20/19 07:54 AM
05/20/19 07:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Suffolk A is not what it use to be the talent level is down across the entire division , and yes you are correct West Islip is not a very good team but that is a reflection of how bad Suffolk A has gotten.. Why do they have 12 teams making the playoffs

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #285077
05/20/19 10:10 AM
05/20/19 10:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bye Bye Bay Shore. You flapped all year and fell down as you always do. No program. Whining about the refs, please. If your were that good, the game wouldn't have been that close and would not have mattered. The loss is on you, not the refs and West islip won, again... Back to oblivion... Enjoy rooting from the stands. And don't worry, West Islip's season will only extend one game more than yours...

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285081
05/20/19 10:25 AM
05/20/19 10:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully all post season awards will be based on this high school season only. Previous seasons should not be factored in as these are not lifetime achievement awards, nor should club team affiliation & reputations matter. Reward those players who did it on the field this year. Also I hope voters do not rely on the Newsday stats too heavily. Just based on our team, I can say that they are not always accurate. Plus stats alone do not tell the story of the game & are too easily manipulated. A player tallying 8 points against a weak team in garbage time is not equal to those who perform when needed, or late and close. It would be great to have a service that did stats for all games; some teams are extremely generous with assists and also keep starters in just to pad their numbers.

a "friendemy" of mine would always say stats are always inflated for a certain boy. I would shoo him away as crazy as he is a fanatic. He would say one game he'd get 1 extra goal or assist. Another game game he'd get an extra goal and assist. Many times these points were at the expense of another child, other times just simply phantom stats.

So I was given the videos of the games. WOW, what I saw would be in many schools a fireable offense. So I went to their Whitman game and a playoff game Yesterday, I watched both games first hand and said player (with inflated states) was a non factor and then when I saw Newsday stats. Once again phantom and stolen stats strike agian.

If said player gets 1.5 free stats a game that's 24 points in a season wrong. Some kids dont even get that and this is handed to one kid.

As many may say who cares, we all do. The teacher who taught the kid, who got robbed the stat, will never see his name in the paper and get that feeling of pride when she read the paper wont see . The 4th grader looking at the paper because his mom said read and erroneously sees one kid as a star when it is far from the truth. Or worst when a kid wants to see his name in the paper, because he has only scored once this year but gets robbed. I wouldnt be as bad if it was random kids in random weeks but the same kid every game.

Shady very shady

(I think these two posts are the same team)

Worry less about lacrosse and more about your atrocious writing skills.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #285164
05/21/19 09:23 AM
05/21/19 09:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bay Shore stinks worse... enjoy the view of the playoffs from the stands, as usual. Should not have blathered earlier in the season. Own the loss. If your team deserved to win you would've over come the officiating and the game would not have been that close to have it matter. Take solace in the fact that West Islip's playoff heartbeat will only last one more game than yours did.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285167
05/21/19 10:57 AM
05/21/19 10:57 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip is not very good them being in the Semi finals does not say much about the competition in Suffolk A .... But if you ask the parents in the stands they are the best in the country

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285256
05/22/19 11:00 AM
05/22/19 11:00 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

West Islip stinks

West Islip has a great D and Goalie. They lack movement in the offensive end with no cutting. Simply they are easy to defend against.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #285261
05/22/19 11:12 AM
05/22/19 11:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not as bad as Bay Shore...

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285282
05/22/19 10:22 PM
05/22/19 10:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tomorrow's prediction in class A

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #285294
05/23/19 09:04 AM
05/23/19 09:04 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown West will dominate the possession battle and wear down WI. WI defense is solid, not great. That unit is somewhat over rated. The defense is fundamentally sound, well coached & patient but not very good at causing turnovers or creating offensive opportunities. Today WI will need to create possessions. Their goalie makes them a lot better than they are, as does their face-off man most games. Also the WI midfielders are young, physically small & a little weak defensively for this game. WI does not get enough from the LSM position. This is just a bad match-up for WI if they play their usual style. WI is a well coached team that out-performs its' talent & lack of athletic ability, which is actually a credit to them. Unfortunately Smithtown is better coached, more athletic and talented. They will dominate possessions and wear down WI and control the game.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285296
05/23/19 10:07 AM
05/23/19 10:07 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smithtown West will dominate the possession battle and wear down WI. WI defense is solid, not great. That unit is somewhat over rated. The defense is fundamentally sound, well coached & patient but not very good at causing turnovers or creating offensive opportunities. Today WI will need to create possessions. Their goalie makes them a lot better than they are, as does their face-off man most games. Also the WI midfielders are young, physically small & a little weak defensively for this game. WI does not get enough from the LSM position. This is just a bad match-up for WI if they play their usual style. WI is a well coached team that out-performs its' talent & lack of athletic ability, which is actually a credit to them. Unfortunately Smithtown is better coached, more athletic and talented. They will dominate possessions and wear down WI and control the game.

Didn't the Smithtown "Dream Team" lose to WI in an upset a few years ago in the quarters? Gotta play the game before a winner is crowned!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #285298
05/23/19 11:14 AM
05/23/19 11:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best kid on WI is the Sr pole, but he can only cover one of the many offensive threats on SW. WI Goalie is good, but SW fogo is much better. WI goalie has a big tell, shoot low, bounce at his heels, fake low, and get in his head low. WI has some other good players to look out for 5, 12 and 42 will be fun to watch, but SW has few liabilities. WI shoot when you get the chance. Wonder if Smithtown will want retribution from WI scoring late in the football playoffs, if so, score could get out of hand. Smithtown West by 7.

This segways into the better game to me, the grudge match. Ward Melville vs Northport. If weather is a factor Id have to take Northport, they are a more rough and tumble bunch. Ward Melville will say they have a blue collar mentality but not compared to Northport. I think the game comes down to WM goalie and how the Northport’s defense plays and what they are allowed to get away with. I still say it comes down to the smoother team, Ward Melville by 2.

Some complaints.
$10 entrance fee (if AD didnt get you on the list)
Todays games should be played at a neutral site
That Neutral site shouldnt be at Lax-fest either, having next Weds at Farmingdale is a disgrace
Adults have a funny way of getting in the way of things.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285299
05/23/19 11:25 AM
05/23/19 11:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Typical West Islip Parent living in the past those days are long gone take a look at your attack unit besides your crease guy they can not score at all .... they dance around and turn the ball over just watch the game ... if i were SW i would press out all day and WI will turn the ball because they do not have one player that can carry the ball

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285319
05/23/19 06:13 PM
05/23/19 06:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best kid on WI is the Sr pole, but he can only cover one of the many offensive threats on SW. WI Goalie is good, but SW fogo is much better. WI goalie has a big tell, shoot low, bounce at his heels, fake low, and get in his head low. WI has some other good players to look out for 5, 12 and 42 will be fun to watch, but SW has few liabilities. WI shoot when you get the chance. Wonder if Smithtown will want retribution from WI scoring late in the football playoffs, if so, score could get out of hand. Smithtown West by 7.

This segways into the better game to me, the grudge match. Ward Melville vs Northport. If weather is a factor Id have to take Northport, they are a more rough and tumble bunch. Ward Melville will say they have a blue collar mentality but not compared to Northport. I think the game comes down to WM goalie and how the Northport’s defense plays and what they are allowed to get away with. I still say it comes down to the smoother team, Ward Melville by 2.

Some complaints.
That Neutral site shouldnt be at Lax-fest either, having next Weds at Farmingdale is a disgrace

Close, Melville by 3 and WI has no chance. All is right in Section XI again.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #285335
05/24/19 08:19 AM
05/24/19 08:19 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some complaints.

Close, Melville by 3 and WI has no chance. All is right in Section XI again.

No chance is an understatement WI was never in the game.

Reply Quote
Page 407 of 431 1 2 405 406 407 408 409 430 431
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification