Tryout Dates for the LI Outlaws, LI Top Guns, Legacy Lacrosse & 365Lax have been Posted in the Forums Tab! | Last Day To Sign Up for the Girls UnD1sputed Showcase

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/19/19 12:10 AM
Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/18/19 11:51 PM
Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/18/19 11:20 PM
CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
by Anonymous. 06/18/19 11:19 PM
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous. 06/18/19 09:44 PM
Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
by Anonymous. 06/18/19 09:35 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 06/18/19 08:24 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,646
Posts249,457
Members2,100
Most Online6,140
Jun 13th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284672
05/11/19 09:48 PM
05/11/19 09:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Yo Buff. Serious question. Why do you suppose all of the MD on age kids are so bad? I really can’t figure it out. I mean, LI teams usually beat your cheater teams with 2023 age kids (ok, there’s a few 2022’s too). Could you imagine the carnage if a LI team ever played on age MD kids?? Yikes! I don’t even want to think about it! It must be like playing a C team on LI, and we don’t even have C teams! MD must have THE worst lacrosse players in the world, since they all play down. I mean, you guys are really the Pitts! Maybe your boys should focus on baseball, or better yet, track. What do you think?

Sal from Long Island

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284673
05/11/19 09:57 PM
05/11/19 09:57 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A




Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am pretty sure you may have started a long winded argument if anyone suggests that any player or team component could be better than the
amazing, fantastic Wolfpack.


Good point. But you forgot, 100% cheater free.


I don't think the PP did forget, all the teams in MD are 100% cheater free as well. If you have any actual facts to suggest otherwise happy to hear them.

Now back to the post that got this started which actually was trying to get us back to talking about, gasp, lacrosse.

Most Improved, would lean Next Level
Best Team, right now with the win over 91 would have to go Madlax



Maybe the best of your crappy hoco cheater league, but the #1 Ranked Team in the World, according to THE authority on the sport of lacrosse, INSIDE LACROSSE Magazine, 2024 TEAM 91 WOLFPACK is THE-best 2024 team in the world! Hey. Don’t believe me. Check them out in your next issue of INSIDE LACROSSE magazine. Should be a great article!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284679
05/12/19 07:46 AM
05/12/19 07:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am pretty sure you may have started a long winded argument if anyone suggests that any player or team component could be better than the
amazing, fantastic Wolfpack.


Good point. But you forgot, 100% cheater free.


I don't think the PP did forget, all the teams in MD are 100% cheater free as well. If you have any actual facts to suggest otherwise happy to hear them.

Now back to the post that got this started which actually was trying to get us back to talking about, gasp, lacrosse.

Most Improved, would lean Next Level
Best Team, right now with the win over 91 would have to go Madlax


Serious question: which cheater team has the most cheater holdbacks? Based on proximity alone, I’d say the winner has to be Madlax. They are over 90%. Can any other cheater team beat that?

Another serious question: why don’t cheater teams ever play any on age games? LI elite teams play up most of their games. MD teams play down all their games. What’s up with that?

~Sal from LI


Sal with a "serious" question again, oh joy. Apparently Sal you have not picked up a dictionary or used the Google machine since your last "serious" question to understand the definition of basic words in the English language such as "cheater" (you might also want to look up the word "proximity" as well). That is OK as you likely are a kid or have the brain capacity of a child so I understand and will let this pass.

You say you are from LI you so you actually have no idea the actual ages of the kids on a team but suffice it to say that Madlax is nowhere near 90% "holdback". Go through all the bizarre logic you want to to come up with that fake news 90% but it is wrong. I do understand if the fragile egos of LI parents need to believe that so whatever makes you sleep better at night, just keep doing it.

As to your final question I think you may know the answer to that already and it is a question that actually destroys your whole "cheater" theme. It is no secret that there are kids on these teams that do not meet the age requirements for on age tournaments/games so they don't play in them, hence they are not cheaters. Teams from MD play in a grade based system and play in grade based tournaments. Please have a moderately intelligent friend explain this to you since you do not seem to get it. In addition MD teams do not play "down" all of their games. By your own logic all of the teams are "cheater holdbacks". These teams are generally playing most of their games against each other so they are not playing "down". As the parent of an on age elite player I think a grade system at the youth level is not ideal but I also know the vast majority of "off age" kids are summer birthdays so the age difference is way smaller than it is made out to be and generally it is nice for kids to play with kids in their grade/class so I don't lose any sleep over it.

Finally the same serious question from before Sal. Why do LI people care so much about MD lacrosse? You did not answer this question the first time. Personally I think it is a bit sad that a person from LI would post on a MD board but if it makes you happy stay with it.

Best of luck at the WSYL!

Lovingly,
Biff from MD


Thanks bro. Check out my kid on ESPN2 on the 4th of July, for the World Championship. I’m sure you and your cheater kid will get a big kick out of it, watching players on TV that have been kicking his butt since 2nd grade. Who do ya’all think is going to win? INSIDE LACROSSE Magazine, the foremost authority on the sport of lacrosse, has seeded 91 Wolfpack #1 IN THE WORLD. that’s high praise, don’t you think? What do ya’all think?

don’t think that at all . It’s actually sad that you think your 7th grade team is the best in the world .

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284723
05/13/19 09:44 AM
05/13/19 09:44 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A




[/quote]

Sal with a "serious" question again, oh joy. Apparently Sal you have not picked up a dictionary or used the Google machine since your last "serious" question to understand the definition of basic words in the English language such as "cheater" (you might also want to look up the word "proximity" as well). That is OK as you likely are a kid or have the brain capacity of a child so I understand and will let this pass.

You say you are from LI you so you actually have no idea the actual ages of the kids on a team but suffice it to say that Madlax is nowhere near 90% "holdback". Go through all the bizarre logic you want to to come up with that fake news 90% but it is wrong. I do understand if the fragile egos of LI parents need to believe that so whatever makes you sleep better at night, just keep doing it.

As to your final question I think you may know the answer to that already and it is a question that actually destroys your whole "cheater" theme. It is no secret that there are kids on these teams that do not meet the age requirements for on age tournaments/games so they don't play in them, hence they are not cheaters. Teams from MD play in a grade based system and play in grade based tournaments. Please have a moderately intelligent friend explain this to you since you do not seem to get it. In addition MD teams do not play "down" all of their games. By your own logic all of the teams are "cheater holdbacks". These teams are generally playing most of their games against each other so they are not playing "down". As the parent of an on age elite player I think a grade system at the youth level is not ideal but I also know the vast majority of "off age" kids are summer birthdays so the age difference is way smaller than it is made out to be and generally it is nice for kids to play with kids in their grade/class so I don't lose any sleep over it.

Finally the same serious question from before Sal. Why do LI people care so much about MD lacrosse? You did not answer this question the first time. Personally I think it is a bit sad that a person from LI would post on a MD board but if it makes you happy stay with it.

Best of luck at the WSYL!

Lovingly,
Biff from MD[/quote]

Yo Buff, wuz up?

Quick question. Why is it that after years of MD parents denying the existence of holdbacks, when they are finally outed, all of their kids mysteriously have “summer birthdays”? How does every holdback in MD have a “summer birthday”? While you are pondering your spin on this, you should know that all 2005 born players on LI are considered holdbacks. So having a “summer birthday” does not mean that your cheater holdback kid is any less a cheater. He’s just a regular, everyday, run of the mill holdback cheater. So your “summer birthday” spin really isn’t buying you any good will at all. Just thought you would want to know, so you can start thinking about your next really lame excuse for your lies, deception and Moral-less culture, you cheating vermin.

Cheat-on Bro!

~Sal from LI

[/quote]

Sal -

Good to hear from you and your friend who posted right after you. Was a little busy walking the fairways at Chevy and Congo (it's what keeps me "Buff" as you called me) so haven't had a ton of time to continue our conversation. I find it amusing you still have yet to answer the question I have posed multiple times but since you continue to use english language words incorrectly ("cheater" for example) I assume you struggle with forming a coherent response. FYI, your 100% holdback, all kids 2/3 years older spin is not buying you any good will at all either. Just so you know us MD folk do not care at all about LI lacrosse or what you think of us.

"But Biff, if you don't care why do you respond?" Excellent question Sal. I respond because nothing amuses me more than triggering people whose entire existence seems to revolve around youth lacrosse and if I can get a chuckle or two out of my follow MD people then my job is done. To your little friend who posted right after you. Do you honestly believe that anyone outside of those associated with the teams involved and the people of LI are interrupting their July 4th celebration to watch the WSYL? If you do I have a sweet real estate deal to pitch you.

Finally Sal, since you ended your last post in such a mean way, my final words to you are: "You dirt-eating piece of slime! You person-sucking pig! You son of a motherless goat!"

Once again best of luck to the kids attending the WSYL. I have no doubt it will be a great experience for them. Sal and your little friend, perhaps you should just sit back and enjoy it as opposed to worrying so much about MD lacrosse.

To all the actual MD people, good luck in the HoCo playoffs!

Your friend,
Biff (or "Buff" as Sal likes to call me, hope it catches on)

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284728
05/13/19 10:59 AM
05/13/19 10:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am pretty sure you may have started a long winded argument if anyone suggests that any player or team component could be better than the
amazing, fantastic Wolfpack.


Good point. But you forgot, 100% cheater free.


I don't think the PP did forget, all the teams in MD are 100% cheater free as well. If you have any actual facts to suggest otherwise happy to hear them.

Now back to the post that got this started which actually was trying to get us back to talking about, gasp, lacrosse.

Most Improved, would lean Next Level
Best Team, right now with the win over 91 would have to go Madlax


Serious question: which cheater team has the most cheater holdbacks? Based on proximity alone, I’d say the winner has to be Madlax. They are over 90%. Can any other cheater team beat that?

Another serious question: why don’t cheater teams ever play any on age games? LI elite teams play up most of their games. MD teams play down all their games. What’s up with that?

~Sal from LI


Sal with a "serious" question again, oh joy. Apparently Sal you have not picked up a dictionary or used the Google machine since your last "serious" question to understand the definition of basic words in the English language such as "cheater" (you might also want to look up the word "proximity" as well). That is OK as you likely are a kid or have the brain capacity of a child so I understand and will let this pass.

You say you are from LI you so you actually have no idea the actual ages of the kids on a team but suffice it to say that Madlax is nowhere near 90% "holdback". Go through all the bizarre logic you want to to come up with that fake news 90% but it is wrong. I do understand if the fragile egos of LI parents need to believe that so whatever makes you sleep better at night, just keep doing it.

As to your final question I think you may know the answer to that already and it is a question that actually destroys your whole "cheater" theme. It is no secret that there are kids on these teams that do not meet the age requirements for on age tournaments/games so they don't play in them, hence they are not cheaters. Teams from MD play in a grade based system and play in grade based tournaments. Please have a moderately intelligent friend explain this to you since you do not seem to get it. In addition MD teams do not play "down" all of their games. By your own logic all of the teams are "cheater holdbacks". These teams are generally playing most of their games against each other so they are not playing "down". As the parent of an on age elite player I think a grade system at the youth level is not ideal but I also know the vast majority of "off age" kids are summer birthdays so the age difference is way smaller than it is made out to be and generally it is nice for kids to play with kids in their grade/class so I don't lose any sleep over it.

Finally the same serious question from before Sal. Why do LI people care so much about MD lacrosse? You did not answer this question the first time. Personally I think it is a bit sad that a person from LI would post on a MD board but if it makes you happy stay with it.

Best of luck at the WSYL!

Lovingly,
Biff from MD


Thanks bro. Check out my kid on ESPN2 on the 4th of July, for the World Championship. I’m sure you and your cheater kid will get a big kick out of it, watching players on TV that have been kicking his butt since 2nd grade. Who do ya’all think is going to win? INSIDE LACROSSE Magazine, the foremost authority on the sport of lacrosse, has seeded 91 Wolfpack #1 IN THE WORLD. that’s high praise, don’t you think? What do ya’all think?



I think it's 7th grade lacrosse and who cares? Seriously these parents who put so much stock in this are absolutely delusional. How about just enjoy the ride and try to be quiet on the sidelines so your kid can have fun for once!!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284937
05/16/19 07:25 PM
05/16/19 07:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

Which leads me to my next serious question, why are MD players so bad that they have to cheat and still lose. But we’ll leave that serious question for next time.

Until then, say hey to Junior for me.

~Sal from LI

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #284954
05/17/19 09:58 AM
05/17/19 09:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Sal and Your LI Buds -

Good to hear from you as always. I love the spirited debate. I am still a little baffled that no one from LI can seem to answer a very simple question: why do you care so much about MD lacrosse? All I am asking for is one well reasoned response. I think I have been gracious enough to try and answer your questions so if one of you could take a stab at answering that question it would be much appreciated.

As to your last post we can debate age, % of team all you want, end of the day until birth dates are posted no one here really knows. It would not surprise me if some of the disgruntled people posting as "MD parents" are, wait for it, from LI. But that is neither here her nor there, and I will again concede that there are "off age" players as defined by WSYL or whatever governing body determines age groups for age based leagues and tournaments (which by the way we do not play in, so once again not cheaters). I also love how you play the game that even if you are on age but not born in an eight month window you are a holdback, very clever. Also your bizarre logic on the 50% of 26 means that 100% of the players who are on the field are holdbacks is 100% wrong since I know for a fact that at least on our elite team the starting 10 are no where near 100% holdback. As always believe what you want.

As to your final point you do realize this is a long game for many people don't you? A very high percentage of the kids on MD elite teams are either at, or will be attending, high schools that are consistently nationally ranked and each year send a good numbers of kids to top Div I schools. Once again if you want to define these kids as "bad" so be it, that is your opinion and you are more than welcome to it.

A final thought for you, you do realize that saying another team is good in no way detracts from whatever team you root for. I know that many of the LI teams I have seen play (or we played against) are excellent teams. I have also repeatedly wished the WSYL teams the best of luck, for those participating it will be a great experience. If you want to say (or maybe you are) the best 2024 team in the nation, then great, happy for you and your kids. In a year and a half these kids will be playing high school lacrosse and for those who won championships or were ranked #1 in the 7th grade they will have a great memory and for those who didn't it will all be irrelevant.

Well my caddie just told me the 1st tee is open so until next time.

Your loving friend,
Biff

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284959
05/17/19 10:46 AM
05/17/19 10:46 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

Which leads me to my next serious question, why are MD players so bad that they have to cheat and still lose. But we’ll leave that serious question for next time.

Until then, say hey to Junior for me.

~Sal from LI



My son plays for a 5th grade high level club team in MD. We beat up on the 5th grade Express, and Express North in the fall. All I heard was complaints about hold backs once the game was going in our favor. It made me chuckle, because we don't have any on the team. Then you look on the boards on here, and there's LI teams complaining about each other using hold backs. Is that just the automatic defense to a loss?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284964
05/17/19 12:22 PM
05/17/19 12:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

Which leads me to my next serious question, why are MD players so bad that they have to cheat and still lose. But we’ll leave that serious question for next time.

Until then, say hey to Junior for me.

~Sal from LI



My son plays for a 5th grade high level club team in MD. We beat up on the 5th grade Express, and Express North in the fall. All I heard was complaints about hold backs once the game was going in our favor. It made me chuckle, because we don't have any on the team. Then you look on the boards on here, and there's LI teams complaining about each other using hold backs. Is that just the automatic defense to a loss?



I am not a LI parent. The holdback issue is real and not even under the radar. Ask the HOCO league who actually does have DOB's for the players. It is within the rules to have older players as no age restrictions are required but they do have DOB's it all depends on what one considers the correct age for a 2024 class/grade. The contact information for the league is on the HOCO website and they will confirm this. Look at 2024 National Championship event under the rules the reference "While it will seem like the most important event in the history of the world to some, we ask that everyone attend the event for 13/14 years olds with perspective. We should change the current mold of youth lacrosse and expect all parties should exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship at all times." In some places 14 year olds are entering 9th grade. I do remember a time when 7th grade would be 12/13 year olds. In public schools a child born prior to August 05 would be a rising 9th grader. The assumption that no 12 year old players would be at this event is telling.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284974
05/17/19 03:44 PM
05/17/19 03:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A





Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

Which leads me to my next serious question, why are MD players so bad that they have to cheat and still lose. But we’ll leave that serious question for next time.

Until then, say hey to Junior for me.

~Sal from LI



My son plays for a 5th grade high level club team in MD. We beat up on the 5th grade Express, and Express North in the fall. All I heard was complaints about hold backs once the game was going in our favor. It made me chuckle, because we don't have any on the team. Then you look on the boards on here, and there's LI teams complaining about each other using hold backs. Is that just the automatic defense to a loss?


Shut up 5th grader know nothing daddy and go back to the 5th grade board. No 5th grade parents here, you troll.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284992
05/18/19 10:17 AM
05/18/19 10:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

Which leads me to my next serious question, why are MD players so bad that they have to cheat and still lose. But we’ll leave that serious question for next time.

Until then, say hey to Junior for me.

~Sal from LI



My son plays for a 5th grade high level club team in MD. We beat up on the 5th grade Express, and Express North in the fall. All I heard was complaints about hold backs once the game was going in our favor. It made me chuckle, because we don't have any on the team. Then you look on the boards on here, and there's LI teams complaining about each other using hold backs. Is that just the automatic defense to a loss?



I am not a LI parent. The holdback issue is real and not even under the radar. Ask the HOCO league who actually does have DOB's for the players. It is within the rules to have older players as no age restrictions are required but they do have DOB's it all depends on what one considers the correct age for a 2024 class/grade. The contact information for the league is on the HOCO website and they will confirm this. Look at 2024 National Championship event under the rules the reference "While it will seem like the most important event in the history of the world to some, we ask that everyone attend the event for 13/14 years olds with perspective. We should change the current mold of youth lacrosse and expect all parties should exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship at all times." In some places 14 year olds are entering 9th grade. I do remember a time when 7th grade would be 12/13 year olds. In public schools a child born prior to August 05 would be a rising 9th grader. The assumption that no 12 year old players would be at this event is telling.





THE CHEATER LEAGUE TELLING THE CHEATER PARENTS TO "EXHIBIT THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF SPORTSMANSHIP AT ALL TIMES"!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!

THE CONTRADICTION OF ALL CONTRADICTIONS!!!

THE CHEATERS TELLING THE CHEATERS TO BE GOOD SPORTS. REALLY??!!!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284993
05/18/19 11:03 AM
05/18/19 11:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

My son plays for a 5th grade high level club team in MD. We beat up on the 5th grade Express, and Express North in the fall. All I heard was complaints about hold backs once the game was going in our favor. It made me chuckle, because we don't have any on the team. Then you look on the boards on here, and there's LI teams complaining about each other using hold backs. Is that just the automatic defense to a loss?

I am not a LI parent. The holdback issue is real and not even under the radar. Ask the HOCO league who actually does have DOB's for the players. It is within the rules to have older players as no age restrictions are required but they do have DOB's it all depends on what one considers the correct age for a 2024 class/grade. The contact information for the league is on the HOCO website and they will confirm this. Look at 2024 National Championship event under the rules the reference "While it will seem like the most important event in the history of the world to some, we ask that everyone attend the event for 13/14 years olds with perspective. We should change the current mold of youth lacrosse and expect all parties should exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship at all times." In some places 14 year olds are entering 9th grade. I do remember a time when 7th grade would be 12/13 year olds. In public schools a child born prior to August 05 would be a rising 9th grader. The assumption that no 12 year old players would be at this event is telling.


What is telling is ....that there is so many people that are holding their child back for lacrosse. Years ago this was mainly limited to private schools. Not anymore. Once Cat got out of bag, and the public HOCO league ( People who ran it at start had ties to Holdbacks in MIAA schools) decided to go grade base instead of age base like all their other leagues....the race was on in Maryland to hold your child back. Frankly everyone knows it is wrong at YOUTH level, yet the holdback race goes on with Maryland and private schools everywhere leading the way.

No justification for this at youth level .. no matter how hard the holdback apologists try.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: Anonymous] #284995
05/18/19 11:55 AM
05/18/19 11:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A




Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yo Buff. Sal here, with another serious question.

How many holdbacks are on your kids team? I know that the 80% number is well documented on this very MD thread, by disgruntled parents of on age players. But, hey, maybe they are just upset because their kid doesn’t get any playing time because he plays behind a bunch of holdbacks. So maybe, just maybe, it’s less than 80%. We both know it’s not, because of the sheer numbers of posts claiming the contrary, but hey let’s just play along, right? For the sake of argument, let’s be crazy conservative and say 50%. Yeah. A joke! I know! But let’s run the numbers. 50% of an average of 26 player roster is 13 players. Ok. 13 players are holdbacks. But, wait a minute. Top teams only play 13 players in competitive games, right. So in every competitive game, only holdbacks touch the field in this 50% scenario. So for all practical purposes, that fictional 50% holdback team is really 100% holdbacks!

So when you play my kid Luigi’s team from LI, who has no holdbacks or any 05’s for that matter, your kid Buff Jr’s team Is a full year older, whether we use your lame 50% holdback lie, or the reality of 80%.

My son plays for a 5th grade high level club team in MD. We beat up on the 5th grade Express, and Express North in the fall. All I heard was complaints about hold backs once the game was going in our favor. It made me chuckle, because we don't have any on the team. Then you look on the boards on here, and there's LI teams complaining about each other using hold backs. Is that just the automatic defense to a loss?

I am not a LI parent. The holdback issue is real and not even under the radar. Ask the HOCO league who actually does have DOB's for the players. It is within the rules to have older players as no age restrictions are required but they do have DOB's it all depends on what one considers the correct age for a 2024 class/grade. The contact information for the league is on the HOCO website and they will confirm this. Look at 2024 National Championship event under the rules the reference "While it will seem like the most important event in the history of the world to some, we ask that everyone attend the event for 13/14 years olds with perspective. We should change the current mold of youth lacrosse and expect all parties should exhibit the highest level of sportsmanship at all times." In some places 14 year olds are entering 9th grade. I do remember a time when 7th grade would be 12/13 year olds. In public schools a child born prior to August 05 would be a rising 9th grader. The assumption that no 12 year old players would be at this event is telling.


What is telling is ....that there is so many people that are holding their child back for lacrosse. Years ago this was mainly limited to private schools. Not anymore. Once Cat got out of bag, and the public HOCO league ( People who ran it at start had ties to Holdbacks in MIAA schools) decided to go grade base instead of age base like all their other leagues....the race was on in Maryland to hold your child back. Frankly everyone knows it is wrong at YOUTH level, yet the holdback race goes on with Maryland and private schools everywhere leading the way.

No justification for this at youth level .. no matter how hard the holdback apologists try.


Absolutely agree. The temporary advantage of the holdback, especially at this age, is very short lived. The true athletes will rise to the top soon enough. And for all you holdback parents that like to site holdbacks from MD playing D1, for everyone of your MD holdback D1 players, prob 5 LI on age players go D1. There are simply holdback D1 players from MD because there are sooooooo many MD holdbacks. I would argue that they would have gone D1 anyway, were they not holdbacks

What you don’t hear about is about all those holdbacks that don’t work out. No D1 scholarships. We don’t like to talk about those kids now do we. But for every D1 holdback, how many holdbacks are there that were a complete bust and a waste of a year of the kids life. I’m sure that ratio is gigantic. Yet no one talks about that.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #285020
05/19/19 02:14 AM
05/19/19 02:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Why can't we just talk about the games

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2024-7th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019 [Re: TM@BOTC] #285021
05/19/19 07:23 AM
05/19/19 07:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



At the risk of moving on from the 91/Mad Lax cheater conversation, 91 and Mad Lax in the final today. 91 beat a much improved Next Level team, and Mad Lax held off a tough Hawks team 6-5 in the semi's. The ML/Hawks game was really well played with a lot of talent on both teams.

Reply Quote
Page 35 of 40 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 39 40
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1