BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 52 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 52
Re: 2018-2019 Women's DI, II & III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Refs paid by Maryland or what?
Maryland blasts a girl in the face on follow through of shot...no call...goal counts
Stony Brook returns the favor at the other end...no goal,,,yellow card issued.

That really impacting MD 11-2 run... Stonybrook D is getting worked over and no Stonybrook goal in the last 18 minutes of the first half...

That being said, the second yellow on Kennedy was an awful call...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A flat out cross check to the head by Marylands 25 and no card or foul called?!?!
with?
The announcers don't even acknowledge it?!!
They think the SB player is on the side line crying because of emotions???!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A flat out cross check to the head by Marylands 25 and no card or foul called?!?!
with?
The announcers don't even acknowledge it?!!
They think the SB player is on the side line crying because of emotions???!!!

And there it is, Stonybrook gets stripped of the ball, fakes getting hit in the head, does not get the call and then run downs the MD player and cross checks her in the back. Stonybrook lax in a nutshell...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland blasts a girl in the face on follow through of shot...no call...goal counts

That really impacting MD 11-2 run... Stonybrook D is getting worked over and no Stonybrook goal in the last 18 minutes of the first half...

You clearly do not know the rules of the game. She followed through on a shot and hit the defender with her stick it is 100% a mandatory yellow card.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly do not know the rules of the game. She followed through on a shot and hit the defender with her stick it is 100% a mandatory yellow card.

I know the rules, I see her follow through stopped and defender running into it. Just how I saw it and not a SB fan..,

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Her follow thru stopped and defender ran into it is comical .SBU got what they deserved today , flop in every game , flop in the JMU game , play a weak schedule etc . Guess what , the nonsense of keeping the ball hogs in to run up their stats in blowout wins backfired , after the ballhog fouls out her back up has had essentially zero experience .Same nonsense different season for SBU .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook should be proud and so should LI. They are known nationally and have accomplished so much. It's probably a lot harder to get the top talent than a Maryland, Florida, BC, NC, etc, etc and they compete. Pretty sure they were #1 in the nation last year for a long time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stony Brook should be proud and so should LI. They are known nationally and have accomplished so much. It's probably a lot harder to get the top talent than a Maryland, Florida, BC, NC, etc, etc and they compete. Pretty sure they were #1 in the nation last year for a long time.

What a pathetic post...They were lucky to get the 3 transfers...it was a nice run...lucky to be top 25 this year...lucky to be top 40 next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well there gone. No crying in womens lacrosse

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And stony brook girls crying and spelling crying foul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know the rules, I see her follow through stopped and defender running into it. Just how I saw it and not a SB fan..,

Sorry to see SB lose but they haven’t beat a top ten team all year, so not a big surprise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a pathetic post...They were lucky to get the 3 transfers...it was a nice run...lucky to be top 25 this year...lucky to be top 40 next year.

Obviously you are a troll maybe from the team that got beat recently by JMU but I liked the time this was an informative board so I ask youth not regress the conversation to hate but we will aim to keep the nonsense away
Love them or hate them they are not going anywhere they will have some years like last year top 5/10 and years like this inside the top 20 and a very interesting stat on the telecast today they are one of only 5 teams to have won 1 or more NCAA playoff games in 7 straight seasons NOW that is impressive.
MANAGEMENT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to see SB lose but they haven’t beat a top ten team all year, so not a big surprise.

Everyone knew this was aa re build year for SB losing all those players last year. They had a nice season considering. Maryland BC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are down to 8 teams and with the exception of Denver it is the usual suspects. Is that because of coaching or is there still not enough talent out there to have more parity?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Refs paid by Maryland or what?

Everyone knew this was aa re build year for SB losing all those players last year. They had a nice season considering. Maryland BC
[/quote]

Honest question: Has Stony Brook ever beat a Top 10 Team? Also, what do you mean by "considering Maryland and Boston College"?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are down to 8 teams and with the exception of Denver it is the usual suspects. Is that because of coaching or is there still not enough talent out there to have more parity?

Talent not coaching. These schools don't have to recruit. They just flock there

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree, the coaches absolutely have to recruit. They have to be able to identify the top players and convince the players to come to their school. Maybe they only have to recruit vs other top programs but most of the top players receive offers from several of the top programs.

A coach has to be able to recognize talent as well as potential and then be able to convince the player to come to their school. The coach has to then be able to help the players develop as individuals and then develop and coach the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Refs paid by Maryland or what?

[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Refs paid by Maryland or what?

[/quote]

Honest question: Has Stony Brook ever beat a Top 10 Te? Also, what do you mean by "considering Maryland and Boston College"?
[/quote]
sorry my point was SB had a nice season despite what they graduated last year and that statement is accurate. the BC <aryland part was supposed to say projected final. They have beaten top 10 teams went back and looked they have beaten a fair amount of 5-10's Florida, Northwestern, USC Colorado two years ago can't recall any others top 5's I don't believe so. I may be in the minority but having smaller conference schools relevant is Great for the sport. Truth is more often than not Blue Bloods will prevail

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does coach Munday join the ranks of O'leary and Halfpenny?
Too soon?

Too soon. Denver D is good.

USC is a solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

Denver looked good last weekend. That being said, they will lose in College Park. As would have USC or Michigan.... Great season for all three of those teams. Unfortunately they haven't made the jump to the elite. Top 5 are still head and shoulders above the rest... (sorry Princeton and UVA, you're not there yet either)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Honest question: Has Stony Brook ever beat a Top 10 Te? Also, what do you mean by "considering Maryland and Boston College"?
[/quote]

sorry my point was SB had a nice season despite what they graduated last year and that statement is accurate. the BC <aryland part was supposed to say projected final. They have beaten top 10 teams went back and looked they have beaten a fair amount of 5-10's Florida, Northwestern, USC Colorado two years ago can't recall any others top 5's I don't believe so. I may be in the minority but having smaller conference schools relevant is Great for the sport. Truth is more often than not Blue Bloods will prevail[/quote]

Had to check...

Since 2014 Stony Brook has won four games vs Top 10 opponents 2015 - #6 Northwestern in , 20116 - #10 Stanford, 2017 - #8 USC, 2018 - # 8 Northwestern.

They have beaten a significant number of Top Programs in recent years and those teams may have been ranked in the Top 10 at the time of the contest but they did not finish the season ranked in the Top 10. Some of very good pereniel top programs including Boston College, Florida, Johns Hopkins, Penn State, Penn have all fallen to The Seawolves in recent years.

Stony Brook (players and coaches) have done a fantastic job and they should be congrtulated for their efforts and what they have accomplished. Very few coaches / programs have been able to do what has been done at SBU. We all know the 10 - 15 programs that are there every year but outside of those programs what schools/coaches/players have been able to crack the Top 20 for seven straight years?

2012 - Others receiving votes
2013 - 11
2014 - 20
2015 - 11
2016 - 8
2017 - 4
2018 - 5
2019 - 15 current rank as of May 6th.

JMU has won a National Championship and has finished the season in the Top 20 three times and has been "others receiving votes twice since 2012.
Navy has been to the Final Four and has done an incredible Job.

There are some really great schools that can't seem to get over the hump. Some schools have a good year every now and again but are unable to consistently field competitive teams. Other programs never seem to be competitive. Others win a "Big Game" from time to time but rarely if ever finish in the Top 20.

Schools that come to mind are: Binghamton, Brown, Bucknell, Colgate, Columbia, UConn, Cornell, Delaware, Harvard, Ohio State, Rutgers, Villanova, Yale.

Is it an admissions issue? Is it funding? is it coaching?

I guess my question is... If it can be done at Stony Brook why not at these schools?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

Denver looked good last weekend. That being said, they will lose in College Park. As would have USC or Michigan.... Great season for all three of those teams. Unfortunately they haven't made the jump to the elite. Top 5 are still head and shoulders above the rest... (sorry Princeton and UVA, you're not there yet either)

You are clueless, there is a top 3 with a 4th knocking on the door but to say Cuse is head and shoulders above UVA or Princeton is just ignorant. USC did not beat any top 15 team this year so their season was all smoke and mirrors.Every year they hype those West Coast teams and every year they lose early.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

sorry my point was SB had a nice season despite what they graduated last year and that statement is accurate. the BC <aryland part was supposed to say projected final. They have beaten top 10 teams went back and looked they have beaten a fair amount of 5-10's Florida, Northwestern, USC Colorado two years ago can't recall any others top 5's I don't believe so. I may be in the minority but having smaller conference schools relevant is Great for the sport. Truth is more often than not Blue Bloods will prevail[/quote]

Had to check...

Since 2014 Stony Brook has won four games vs Top 10 opponents 2015 - #6 Northwestern in , 20116 - #10 Stanford, 2017 - #8 USC, 2018 - # 8 Northwestern.

They have beaten a significant number of Top Programs in recent years and those teams may have been ranked in the Top 10 at the time of the contest but they did not finish the season ranked in the Top 10. Some of very good pereniel top programs including Boston College, Florida, Johns Hopkins, Penn State, Penn have all fallen to The Seawolves in recent years.

Stony Brook (players and coaches) have done a fantastic job and they should be congrtulated for their efforts and what they have accomplished. Very few coaches / programs have been able to do what has been done at SBU. We all know the 10 - 15 programs that are there every year but outside of those programs what schools/coaches/players have been able to crack the Top 20 for seven straight years?

2013 - 11
2014 - 20
2015 - 11
2016 - 8
2017 - 4
2018 - 5

JMU has won a National Championship and has finished the season in the Top 20 three times and has been "others receiving votes twice since 2012.

There are some really great schools that can't seem to get over the hump. Some schools have a good year every now and again but are unable to consistently field competitive teams. Other programs never seem to be competitive. Others win a "Big Game" from time to time but rarely if ever finish in the Top 20.

Schools that come to mind are: Binghamton, Brown, Bucknell, Colgate, Columbia, UConn, Cornell, Delaware, Harvard, Ohio State, Rutgers, Villanova, Yale.

I guess my question is... If it can be done at Stony Brook why not at these schools?
[/quote]

COACHING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Had to check...

2013 - 11
2014 - 20
2015 - 11
2016 - 8
2017 - 4
2018 - 5

[/quote]

COACHING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Had to check...

2013 - 11
2014 - 20
2015 - 11
2016 - 8
2017 - 4
2018 - 5

[/quo

COACHING

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Disagree, the coaches absolutely have to recruit. They have to be able to identify the top players and convince the players to come to their school. Maybe they only have to recruit vs other top programs but most of the top players receive offers from several of the top programs.

A coach has to be able to recognize talent as well as potential and then be able to convince the player to come to their school. The coach has to then be able to help the players develop as individuals and then develop and coach the team.

Maryland kids pay more to go to HS then UMD, if they're interested in playing for a championship caliber team it's not a hard sell be any means.
Also, the best players tend to flock to the best teams year in year out, 6-7 years ago BC couldn't get those players, but once they started having success it makes the recruiting process much easier. It's been mentioned on here a million times that realistically 5-6 schools have a chance a championship every year, once you put your team in that group recruiting becomes much easier. Sometimes its the coaches ability to recruit, sometimes they catch lightning in a bottle and the program takes off, the better coaches are able to sustain the momentum and the others not so much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Had to check...

2013 - 11
2014 - 20
2015 - 11
2016 - 8
2017 - 4
2018 - 5

[/quote]

COACHING[/quote]

Are you saying that all of those schools have the talent to be more competitive?

Coaching is a broad term. Identifying talent, Identifying potential, recruiting (selling), developing talent, X's and O's, the ability to motivate, inspirer and lead etc..., game prep, in game coaching, hiring competent assistant coaches the list goes on....

What about the coaches at those schools is limiting them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland kids pay more to go to HS then UMD, if they're interested in playing for a championship caliber team it's not a hard sell be any means.
Also, the best players tend to flock to the best teams year in year out, 6-7 years ago BC couldn't get those players, but once they started having success it makes the recruiting process much easier. It's been mentioned on here a million times that realistically 5-6 schools have a chance a championship every year, once you put your team in that group recruiting becomes much easier. Sometimes its the coaches ability to recruit, sometimes they catch lightning in a bottle and the program takes off, the better coaches are able to sustain the momentum and the others not so much

So, should we should expect to see JMU back in the Final Four next year? Also, then why doesn't Maryland win it every year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

You are clueless, there is a top 3 with a 4th knocking on the door but to say Cuse is head and shoulders above UVA or Princeton is just ignorant. USC did not beat any top 15 team this year so their season was all smoke and mirrors.Every year they hype those West Coast teams and every year they lose early.

This year Maryland, Boston College and North Carolina are the teams to beat. Northwestern has come on strong and is obviously an elite program although they have been down (for them) for a few years now.

As for Syracuse being head and shoulders above Virginia or Princeton I don't think so.

All-Time series records say otherwise:

Virginia has won 12 times while Syracuse has won 11

Syracuse won this year, Virginia won last year. In the last 10 years Syracuse holds a 6 - 4 advantage.

Princeton and Syracuse have played three times all in the past two years with Princeton winning 2 of 3.

Princeton and Syracuse split games last season. Syracuse won by a goal during the regular season and Princeton won in double OT in the NCAA Tournament. Princeton won the contest in 2017 and holds a 2 - 1 advantage in the series.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Location, Location, Location (and cheap in-State tuition)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

Don't think that is the answer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

This year Maryland, Boston College and North Carolina are the teams to beat. Northwestern has come on strong and is obviously an elite program although they have been down (for them) for a few years now.

As for Syracuse being head and shoulders above Virginia or Princeton I don't think so.

Syracuse won this year, Virginia won last year. In the last 10 years Syracuse holds a 6 - 4 advantage.

Princeton and Syracuse have played three times all in the past two years with Princeton winning 2 of 3.

Princeton and Syracuse split games last season. Syracuse won by a goal during the regular season and Princeton won in double OT in the NCAA Tournament. Princeton won the contest in 2017 and holds a 2 - 1 advantage in the series.

I apologize, I was referencing the match ups this year. In my opinion, only ND, BC, UNC, NW and SU have a realistic chance to move on to the Final Four. UVA and Princeton will not be able to beat UNC of BC next weekend. Just the way seeding/matchups played out this season. Meant no disrespect to the Cavaliers or Tigers or their fans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

I apologize, I was referencing the match ups this year. In my opinion, only ND, BC, UNC, NW and SU have a realistic chance to move on to the Final Four. UVA and Princeton will not be able to beat UNC of BC next weekend. Just the way seeding/matchups played out this season. Meant no disrespect to the Cavaliers or Tigers or their fans.

No disrespect taken but again I think you are selling those teams short. I believe UVA was winning late in the game when they played UNC this year and ended up losing by 1 so that game may be closer than you think, that said UNC is a favorite in that game. Princeton may be a little more over matched but a hot goalie can change everything.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, should we should expect to see JMU back in the Final Four next year? Also, then why doesn't Maryland win it every year?

As stated some teams can sustain the success and some can't, JMU will be interesting to watch, we'll see what happens. When was the last time MD wasn't in the final four? They have made six appearances in the championship game in the last 10 years, I would bet they were in the final four the other four years. Who wouldn't want those numbers over a 10 year period?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

The ND is already out and next big win ND has will be its first, MD, UNC, BC NW or Cuse are final four

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sorry my point was SB had a nice season despite what they graduated last year and that statement is accurate. the BC <aryland part was supposed to say projected final. They have beaten top 10 teams went back and looked they have beaten a fair amount of 5-10's Florida, Northwestern, USC Colorado two years ago can't recall any others top 5's I don't believe so. I may be in the minority but having smaller conference schools relevant is Great for the sport. Truth is more often than not Blue Bloods will prevail

Had to check...

2013 - 11
2014 - 20
2015 - 11
2016 - 8
2017 - 4
2018 - 5

[/quote]

COACHING[/quote]

Are you saying that all of those schools have the talent to be more competitive?

Coaching is a broad term. Identifying talent, Identifying potential, recruiting (selling), developing talent, X's and O's, the ability to motivate, inspirer and lead etc..., game prep, in game coaching, hiring competent assistant coaches the list goes on....

What about the coaches at those schools is limiting them? [/quote]

All of the above to some degree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denver to the elite 8

The ND is already out and next big win ND has will be its first, MD, UNC, BC NW or Cuse are final four

Take a chill pill ND hater...too blinded with rage? I'm thinking the poster meant MD? M and N right next to each other on the keyboard...one other clue, why would they have left MD out of that group? Use your head...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

After reading several responses and giving it some thought i think it is a combination of factors.

The biggest factor is talent. There is not enough talent to go around. Year in and year out the majority of the best players choose to go to the traditional power programs.

Coaching is next on the list. Not all coaches are good. Coaches are not all good at identifying talent, recruiting, developing talent, X's and O's, motivating players etc...

University policies is next. Not all programs are funded equally . Not all programs have the same flexibility with admissions.

We are seeing a little more parity but for the most part the top programs are still getting the majority of the top players every year and that is why they are at the top consistently.

Final 8 Teams: Maryland, Boston College, North Carolina, Northwestern, Syracuse, Virginia, Princeton, Denver. All but Denver are traditional powers.

My guess is that if Notre Dame or Loyola had been given the 8th Seed then Denver (the only non seeded team) and only non traditional power would be out.

Hopefully as the sport continues to grow we will also see a little more parity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Program is on the way up? What Program will be able to be in the Top 20 consistently?

Below are the programs that finish the season ranked in the Top 20 every year (past 6 - 8 years more than that is too far back).

Maryland
North Carolina
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Florida
Penn
Princeton
Notre Dame
Boston College
Stony Brook
Penn State (not this year)

Below are the programs that are Top 20 all most years.

Loyola
Georgetown
Hopkins
Duke
JMU
USC
Denver
Stanford

Navy has come on strong in recent years.

Towson is up and down as is UMass.

Colorado is also now in the mix.

Dartmouth looks to be back as one of the perennial Top 20 Programs.

Those are arguably the Top 25 Programs.

What happened to Louisville , Ohio State, Albany? They had some success some years ago but have fallen off.

What programs outside of that list are positioned to make the jump? Michigan? Who else?

Page 49 of 52 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard