BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,889
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 35 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 34 35
Re: Duke's Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The head daddy G coaches his kids team now.

News to me. The 23s are coached by the guy from New York and the guy with a pony tail.

Sure they are... Who coached the 23s at the last tournament?

Pony tail. The New York guy was sick and didn't make it. G was there as well, but was also on the sidelines when the 24s played.

"G was there as well" Ha! G is on the sideline more often then the guy from ny and little G never leaves the field.

Apparently you're not a 23 Duke's parent or you would know better

And apparently you’re willing to lie for G or weren’t at the last tournament

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

23 parent here. G is on the sidelines helping coach (no surprise there since it is technically his club) but the other 2 coaches run the team. The NY coach isn't there often, though, as he apparently has some health issues.

At Battle on the Bay, Little G got a good bit of playing time but he wasn't in all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

23 parent here. G is on the sidelines helping coach (no surprise there since it is technically his club) but the other 2 coaches run the team. The NY coach isn't there often, though, as he apparently has some health issues.

At Battle on the Bay, Little G got a good bit of playing time but he wasn't in all the time.

All you need to know from a 23 parent... "G is on the sidelines", "NY coach isn't there often", "little G got a good bit of playing time"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All you need to know from a 23 parent... "G is on the sidelines", "NY coach isn't there often", "little G got a good bit of playing time"

Another 23 parent here... agree with last comment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 23 parent here; most of the team wasn't at tryouts this weekend and the depth chart will not change..........

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another 23 parent here... agree with last comment

Who is the NY coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is the NY coach?

Jez

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another 23 parent here; most of the team wasn't at tryouts this weekend and the depth chart will not change..........

Sounds right, the G way. New Year, get ready for price increase in the program and new uniforms for the team yet again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke's Nationals New York? What the heck is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2023 son went to the Dukes Nationals minicamp. What is up with the Depth Chart. I don't think my son should have been ranked this high. Is this real or just a way to get my money?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2023 son went to the Dukes Nationals minicamp. What is up with the Depth Chart. I don't think my son should have been ranked this high. Is this real or just a way to get my money?

This has to be a troll. The depth chart isn't released until you have already paid into the program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bingo !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not true. G is trying to get your money anyway he can. The Dukes Nationals depth chart is a joke! There are players above the travel line that have not been to the mini camps in almost a year if not over a year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's not true. G is trying to get your money anyway he can. The Dukes Nationals depth chart is a joke! There are players above the travel line that have not been to the mini camps in almost a year if not over a year.

Exactly right. He will do whatever he can to get you to commit and pay for the registration for the year and hold mini camps over your sons head as a way to get more money and your son will drop below the travel line and then he will go radio silent with no movement in your sons spot. Save the time, money and aggravation and stay away, it's not worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, what is this, "The Duke's Nationals of New York program is designed to cater to players of the highest caliber"? Does this not prove to be a complete conflict of interest to the entire Dukes National program, the players and parents of this program?? Looks like from the website they are running a 2023, 2024 and 2025 team same as the Regular Dukes Nationals. Must be some real trouble with the Dukes Nationals to start a state (NY) specific team as well. Money must be tight these days. Cannot wait to hear how this is explained away to the current players and parents of the Dukes National team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, what is this, "The Duke's Nationals of New York program is designed to cater to players of the highest caliber"? Does this not prove to be a complete conflict of interest to the entire Dukes National program, the players and parents of this program?? Looks like from the website they are running a 2023, 2024 and 2025 team same as the Regular Dukes Nationals. Must be some real trouble with the Dukes Nationals to start a state (NY) specific team as well. Money must be tight these days. Cannot wait to hear how this is explained away to the current players and parents of the Dukes National team.

Simple DN "jumped the shark" and they need a new location to keep the money flowing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the exact same web site as Duke's Nationals. Same message. Same everything.

Not sure how Duke's can manage to have 2 national teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does Dukes Nationals have Dad Coaches? For that amount of money you should have paid professional coaches, and their sons are always at the top of the Depth Chart..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't explained at all to us or at least me! 2023 parent here! What does that mean for tournaments now? Philly Dukes will play NY Dukes? Come on!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It wasn't explained at all to us or at least me! 2023 parent here! What does that mean for tournaments now? Philly Dukes will play NY Dukes? Come on!!!!

There are no philly dukes kids on that 2023 DN team, good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This has to be a troll. The depth chart isn't released until you have already paid into the program.

NOT TRUE.....my son played with the 23s last year but not this year and we still get the depth chart sent to us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

NOT TRUE.....my son played with the 23s last year but not this year and we still get the depth chart sent to us.

Depth chart is only distributed via the SI Play app. It is not sent via email. If you're not with DN anymore, delete the app.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is G having the Dukes Nationals January Minicamp outside again? Didn't here learn his lesson last year when he had it outside in Maryland during a snow storm when you couldn't even see you hands in front of your face let alone the ball and kids were sliding around like bowling balls. By the way there was a warm indoor facility 40 feet away that was open and available.Can you explain this please?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is G having the Dukes Nationals January Minicamp outside again? Didn't here learn his lesson last year when he had it outside in Maryland during a snow storm when you couldn't even see you hands in front of your face let alone the ball and kids were sliding around like bowling balls. By the way there was a warm indoor facility 40 feet away that was open and available.Can you explain this please?

It's all about the bottom line, rent what is cheapest even if it is bad for the players, need to make as much money as possible. The same thing with the NY State Duke's Nationals that was just created...show me the money!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks like snow on Saturday in Baltimore Saturday evening. Good thing they moved that mini-camp to 3pm! Beat the snow!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Skip the mini camp, go to Laxcon!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just finished outside Minicamp - boys had a blast - great numbers as always- Coach Petro talked to the boys giving them great words of wisdom, 4 JHU players stayed and coached kids to include Captains! BTW Dukes 2024 ranked 5th in Nation by US Club lax for Summer/fall 2018. I’ll take that as a dad and fan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just finished outside Minicamp - boys had a blast - great numbers as always- Coach Petro talked to the boys giving them great words of wisdom, 4 JHU players stayed and coached kids to include Captains! BTW Dukes 2024 ranked 5th in Nation by USCL for Summer/fall 2018. I’ll take that as a dad and fan.

Thanks G, appreciate the update. Now explain how the NY State Duke's Nationals 2023 is not a conflict of interest to the Duke's Nationals 2023 team???? Sounds like double dipping for some extra cash. How do the two teams compete together, what play each other in the tournaments??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Thanks G, appreciate the update. Now explain how the NY State Duke's Nationals 2023 is not a conflict of interest to the Duke's Nationals 2023 team???? Sounds like double dipping for some extra cash. How do the two teams compete together, what play each other in the tournaments??[/quote]

Welcome to the franchise, pay your money on time, but don't expect to be invited to events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]Thanks G, appreciate the update. Now explain how the NY State Duke's Nationals 2023 is not a conflict of interest to the Duke's Nationals 2023 team???? Sounds like double dipping for some extra cash. How do the two teams compete together, what play each other in the tournaments??

Not sure about this question of conflict of interest. Dukes Nationals is still national?? There is already a Duke's VA and PA so why not NY? What is the issue? Many clubs teams in multiple locations. The National team attracts players from all over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] Thanks G, appreciate the update. Now explain how the NY State Duke's Nationals 2023 is not a conflict of interest to the Duke's Nationals 2023 team???? Sounds like double dipping for some extra cash. How do the two teams compete together, what play each other in the tournaments??

Not sure about this question of conflict of interest. Dukes Nationals is still national?? There is already a Duke's VA and PA so why not NY? What is the issue? Many clubs teams in multiple locations. The National team attracts players from all over.[/quote]

The Duke's NY state team is promoting itself as a National team exactly the same as the Duke's Nationals team, G does not run the affiliated Duke's clubs out of the other states (VA & PA) if it was an affiliate of the original Duke's no problem but since it is marketed as a National team and G is running it, it is a complete conflict of interest against Duke's national team that is already in existence. What will they do, move all the NY players already on the Duke's National team to the Dukes NY national team? What teams go to what National tournaments? Both??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote] Thanks G, appreciate the update. Now explain how the NY State Duke's Nationals 2023 is not a conflict of interest to the Duke's Nationals 2023 team???? Sounds like double dipping for some extra cash. How do the two teams compete together, what play each other in the tournaments??

Not sure about this question of conflict of interest. Dukes Nationals is still national?? There is already a Duke's VA and PA so why not NY? What is the issue? Many clubs teams in multiple locations. The National team attracts players from all over.[/quote]

The Duke's NY state team is promoting itself as a National team exactly the same as the Duke's Nationals team, G does not run the affiliated Duke's clubs out of the other states (VA and PA) if it was an affiliate of the original Duke's no problem but since it is marketed as a National team and G is running it, it is a complete conflict of interest against Duke's national team that is already in existence. What will they do, move all the NY players already on the Duke's National team to the Dukes NY national team? What teams go to what National tournaments? Both?? [/quote]

Wouldn't it be up to the player/parent to decide? We sign up for the mini camp. Just sign up for the one you feel is a better fit. They run the team but they cannot make you drive to upstate NY. As far as tournaments go, many clubs do face one another but some try to avoid it in the scheduling if they can. As a new team, who even knows if the NY team will be at the level to play the same event. Have not even had a tryout yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks G, appreciate the update. Now explain how the NY State Duke's Nationals 2023 is not a conflict of interest to the Duke's Nationals 2023 team???? Sounds like double dipping for some extra cash. How do the two teams compete together, what play each other in the tournaments??

The Duke's NY state team is promoting itself as a National team exactly the same as the Duke's Nationals team, G does not run the affiliated Duke's clubs out of the other states (VA and PA) if it was an affiliate of the original Duke's no problem but since it is marketed as a National team and G is running it, it is a complete conflict of interest against Duke's national team that is already in existence. What will they do, move all the NY players already on the Duke's National team to the Dukes NY national team? What teams go to what National tournaments? Both?? [/quote]
Wouldn't it be up to the player/parent to decide? We sign up for the mini camp. Just sign up for the one you feel is a better fit. They run the team but they cannot make you drive to upstate NY. As far as tournaments go, many clubs do face one another but some try to avoid it in the scheduling if they can. As a new team, who even knows if the NY team will be at the level to play the same event. Have not even had a tryout yet.[/quote]

*G tried to start a Dukes National Girls team too-never had one tryout!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just finished outside Minicamp - boys had a blast - great numbers as always- Coach Petro talked to the boys giving them great words of wisdom, 4 JHU players stayed and coached kids to include Captains! BTW Dukes 2024 ranked 5th in Nation by US Club lax for Summer/fall 2018. I’ll take that as a dad and fan.

US Club has no clue what they are talking about. They had teams ranked in top 10 that lost more than once to teams not ranked...
and you as a parent aren't naive enough to think that the Dukes 24 is even in the top 10...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Duke's NY state team is promoting itself as a National team exactly the same as the Duke's Nationals team, G does not run the affiliated Duke's clubs out of the other states (VA & PA) if it was an affiliate of the original Duke's no problem but since it is marketed as a National team and G is running it, it is a complete conflict of interest against Duke's national team that is already in existence. What will they do, move all the NY players already on the Duke's National team to the Dukes NY national team? What teams go to what National tournaments? Both?? [/quote]

who cares Dukes stink!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about this question of conflict of interest. Dukes Nationals is still national?? There is already a Duke's VA and PA so why not NY? What is the issue? Many clubs teams in multiple locations. The National team attracts players from all over.

The Duke's NY state team is promoting itself as a National team exactly the same as the Duke's Nationals team, G does not run the affiliated Duke's clubs out of the other states (VA & PA) if it was an affiliate of the original Duke's no problem but since it is marketed as a National team and G is running it, it is a complete conflict of interest against Duke's national team that is already in existence. What will they do, move all the NY players already on the Duke's National team to the Dukes NY national team? What teams go to what National tournaments? Both?? [/quote]

who cares Dukes stink!!!![/quote]

Agreed!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed!!

I disagree. Is Duke's Nationals a complete and utter political mess that is run by a child? Absolutely! But the reality is that there are quite a few excellent players on DN and they field some pretty competitive teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed!!

I disagree. Is Duke's Nationals a complete and utter political mess that is run by a child? Absolutely! But the reality is that there are quite a few excellent players on DN and they field some pretty competitive teams.

Not for long. All those kids play on other competitive teams and will stay with them for HS just like the 2022s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This dad is not G! Dukes 2024 was ranked correctly. Look at record over last 2 summers. NAPTOWN 2nd place Beat Taz in semi! Battle By Bay 2nd place only loss MADLAX. No new players like many of you claim. Everyone pays, much against many of your accusations. Great team, great families, great coaches better kids! John Christmas Head Coach Not a “Daddy”. Stop talking $£^t when you don’t know what you’re talking about!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your ignorant - Dukes Nationals is a feeder to Dukes Elite! Endgame is to play for Ebe and Dukes Elite.

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 35 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 34 35
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard