Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
Limited Spots Available at the Girls NY Showcase on January 10th - Secure Your Spot Today! | NY Riptide Holiday Packs: 2 Season Tickets, 2 Sweatshirts, 2 Autographs and MORE – Just $159. Shop now at newyorkriptide.com
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 09:00 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 08:50 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 08:28 PM
Girls 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 08:10 PM
Boys 2026-7th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 12/04/20 06:56 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,148
Posts278,158
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 96 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 95 96
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC #277635 12/05/18 12:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jingle Bells, Holdbacks smell, 30 kids on a team laid an egg. The Express mobile lost it's wheel and Chan got away. Hey

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

TM@BOTC #277732 12/07/18 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone complains that Express, and some others, have inflated rosters. Why wouldn't they? If you were selling some world famous hot dogs for $1 a piece and I offered you $2 for one because I wanted to tell people that I got one on your world famous hot dogs, would you take it? Of course you would. It's free money. These parents are making it too easy for clubs. Stop giving them your money if you're unhappy with the product.

Anonymous #277750 12/08/18 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Everyone complains that Express, and some others, have inflated rosters. Why wouldn't they? If you were selling some world famous hot dogs for $1 a piece and I offered you $2 for one because I wanted to tell people that I got one on your world famous hot dogs, would you take it? Of course you would. It's free money. These parents are making it too easy for clubs. Stop giving them your money if you're unhappy with the product.

Parents will continue to shell out insane amounts of money for a dead end sport. Parents, are hooked on chasing status. Even though, not all, but the majority of them don't even have 2 nickles to rub together, everything is paid for by credit card. Home is mortgaged to hilt, with couple of leased cars in the driveway, especially the 80K white Chevy Suburban for the Mom. Which results in many lacrosse parents throwing good money at bad money.

Anonymous #277772 12/09/18 11:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kk

Anonymous #277777 12/09/18 06:31 PM
Y
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Y
Calling lacrosse a dead end sport simply because it doesn't lead to many professional opportunities is ridiculous, sports are for the development of character. What percentage of basketball players go on to play professionally? Exactly.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #277781 12/09/18 08:16 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No

Parents will continue to shell out insane amounts of money for a dead end sport. Parents, are hooked on chasing status. Even though, not all, but the majority of them don't even have 2 nickles to rub together, everything is paid for by credit card. Home is mortgaged to hilt, with couple of leased cars in the driveway, especially the 80K white Chevy Suburban for the Mom. Which results in many lacrosse parents throwing good money at bad money.

That’s great lol

yaboijeffy #277782 12/09/18 08:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by yaboijeffy
Calling lacrosse a dead end sport simply because it doesn't lead to many professional opportunities is ridiculous, sports are for the development of character. What percentage of basketball players go on to play professionally? Exactly.

It is a dead end sport for the price you pay now a days , in college the student body doesn’t even watch the games. Stop believing yourself development of character. I know JR’s and Sr’s now in Div 1,2 colleges know there parents , they can’t belive when I tell them the cost of these clubs teams and how many teams are out there. The jr and Sr now never experience what we are dealing with.

Anonymous #277801 12/10/18 06:11 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is a dead end sport for the price you pay now a days , in college the student body doesn’t even watch the games. Stop believing yourself development of character. I know JR’s and Sr’s now in Div 1,2 colleges know there parents , they can’t belive when I tell them the cost of these clubs teams and how many teams are out there. The jr and Sr now never experience what we are dealing with.

So true but is is all driven by clubs and college coaches and will never change

Anonymous #277811 12/10/18 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you even been watching what has been going on with lacrosse. They just got recognized lacrosse for the Olympics, there is a new Professional lacrosse league starting up. All good things for the sport. So you may want to rethink what you are saying. They are really making a push for the sport.

Anonymous #277822 12/10/18 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you even been watching what has been going on with lacrosse. They just got recognized lacrosse for the Olympics, there is a new Professional lacrosse league starting up. All good things for the sport. So you may want to rethink what you are saying. They are really making a push for the sport.[/quote]

Some select group of today's 8th graders will benefit themselves/their families from the "investment" in one or more ways:

- Get into a better high school and/or college and thus, possibly, improve their future earnings potential
- Get money from said college (note that pretty much no kids get full rides for lax)
- Eventually play professionally (and make almost no money unless you are one of a handful of superstar players)

Each of those outcomes is progressively less likely. The monetary value of those possible outcomes is, on average, nowhere close to the amount of money parents spend on club membership, clinics, camps, equipment and travel. Lacrosse, like every youth sport, is a money lost for parents. It is probably worse than most other sports.

If your kid enjoys the game, and you enjoy watching them compete, than pursue it. If you think that you are making an "investment", you should probably just buy a lottery ticket instead - better return. smile

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #277973 12/12/18 06:52 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have you even been watching what has been going on with lacrosse. They just got recognized lacrosse for the Olympics, there is a new Professional lacrosse league starting up. All good things for the sport. So you may want to rethink what you are saying. They are really making a push for the sport.

Some select group of today's 8th graders will benefit themselves/their families from the "investment" in one or more ways:

- Get into a better high school and/or college and thus, possibly, improve their future earnings potential
- Get money from said college (note that pretty much no kids get full rides for lax)
- Eventually play professionally (and make almost no money unless you are one of a handful of superstar players)

Each of those outcomes is progressively less likely. The monetary value of those possible outcomes is, on average, nowhere close to the amount of money parents spend on club membership, clinics, camps, equipment and travel. Lacrosse, like every youth sport, is a money lost for parents. It is probably worse than most other sports.

If your kid enjoys the game, and you enjoy watching them compete, than pursue it. If you think that you are making an "investment", you should probably just buy a lottery ticket instead - better return. smile[/quote]

So true. Listening to some parents talk about their son moving on, playing college lacrosse, blah, blah, blah! On top of that, when ask, what the kid will major in, I receive the same boiler plate answer; Finance... Personally, standing around during practice, tournaments, etc talking about 13 year old kids the majority of the day/weekend is a total waste of time and money. If my kid didn't enjoy playing lacrosse along with other sports, it would be fine with me. As a union crane operator, what the heck do I know. Recognized lacrosse for the Olympics? Who gives a dam!

Anonymous #277977 12/12/18 10:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your kid enjoys the game, and you enjoy watching them compete, than pursue it. If you think that you are making an "investment", you should probably just buy a lottery ticket instead - better return. smile

So true. Listening to some parents talk about their son moving on, playing college lacrosse, blah, blah, blah! On top of that, when ask, what the kid will major in, I receive the same boiler plate answer; Finance... Personally, standing around during practice, tournaments, etc talking about 13 year old kids the majority of the day/weekend is a total waste of time and money. If my kid didn't enjoy playing lacrosse along with other sports, it would be fine with me. As a union crane operator, what the heck do I know. Recognized lacrosse for the Olympics? Who gives a dam![/quote]

You’re way off. Getting into a better college and improve your earnings potential is the best ROI from all this lax money. Hard to put a number on it but the likely differences in post college earnings between Maryland and any Ivy is massive. Changes your life trajectory.

TM@BOTC #277987 12/13/18 08:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So true. Listening to some parents talk about their son moving on, playing college lacrosse, blah, blah, blah! On top of that, when ask, what the kid will major in, I receive the same boiler plate answer; Finance... Personally, standing around during practice, tournaments, etc talking about 13 year old kids the majority of the day/weekend is a total waste of time and money. If my kid didn't enjoy playing lacrosse along with other sports, it would be fine with me. As a union crane operator, what the heck do I know. Recognized lacrosse for the Olympics? Who gives a dam!

You’re way off. Getting into a better college and improve your earnings potential is the best ROI from all this lax money. Hard to put a number on it but the likely differences in post college earnings between Maryland and any Ivy is massive. Changes your life trajectory. [/quote]

Not really. You can go to Maryland and become a CEO of a Fortune 500 company and you can go to Harvard and get stuck in middle management. Sure, college helps and it opens doors but some of the most successful guys I know went to pretty unimpressive schools. Lot of variables go into the success equation, college is just one.

Anonymous #277988 12/13/18 08:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re way off. Getting into a better college and improve your earnings potential is the best ROI from all this lax money. Hard to put a number on it but the likely differences in post college earnings between Maryland and any Ivy is massive. Changes your life trajectory. [/quote]

This guy gets it. If your kid is not in the top 1% you should be sending your kid to a D3 NESCAC if he is smart instead of a D1 outside the top 10 where you have zero chance of winning the national championship - maybe 10% outside the top 10 even have a chance of making the NCAA tournament one time in their 4 years of college - once! It is about academics - (unless you are a union person then this doesn't really apply) and improving your chances to succeed.

Plus the top D3 would beat anyone outside the top 20 in D1 anyway

TM@BOTC #277996 12/13/18 10:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You’re way off. Getting into a better college and improve your earnings potential is the best ROI from all this lax money. Hard to put a number on it but the likely differences in post college earnings between Maryland and any Ivy is massive. Changes your life trajectory.

Getting into an Ivy League school (AND PAYING FOR IT - no Athletic scholarships) is probably not the best ROI for a kid who might end up struggling academically there. A close family member had that situation. He would have been much better off in life going to Maryland over his Ivy.

Page 62 of 96 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 95 96

Link Copied to Clipboard