BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,788
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
7 kids left Igloo - that’s nearly 30% of the team..men lie - women lie #’s don’t lie...

WOW, that's a huge departure.

#’s 16-22 on the depth chart. Most weren’t asked back. The team is stronger after replacing them.

I have one question for this they were not asked back dad. If #1 Bandits added players, #Express Added players, Shore2Shore added players where did Igloo find these awesome players to replace the ones that left. Did these players walk off the street or were they great players sitting out there on the sidelines all this time?

#1: Express has an enormous roster. Near 30 players. They didn’t cut anyone. Bandits didn’t cut anyone either, they’re at 26.

#2: Mediocre players are easy to replace. I know that sounds mean, but that’s who moves from team to team at this age. They probably found them in the same places they found them last year: Empire, Legacy, Hedstrom, Igloo B, etc.,,

Good question though. I hope this answer helped.

So you're saying they replaced mediocre players with other Mediocre players? If your statement is true that means
1. The coaches took kids they know they will no play just to take their parents money.
2. The team is no better than it was last year because they did not upgrade any any position
3. The team could potentially be worse off than it was last year because at least 3 players that left were starters/

So basically this team has a reputation of taking players they are not really interested in playing and has not improved but the players that are there and do not play as much will stick around because they are loyal to the team or the parents will keep them there because that teaches them a life lesson.

That is the definition of madness. Lax is one of the only things where the consumer is unhappy but they sign up for more of the same and say thank you very much.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow!!!
These are the same dads from empire green a few years ago.always causing drama.tgey all left to different teams,then causing drama on those teams and back of the cage.Now a lot of them ended up together again on the turtles causing drama on the team and back of the cage.
The poor players and parents on the turtles that are legitimately good people.I feel for you.

The funny thing is that there is a common thread linking most of these angry, bitter parents. I wonder what/where it is?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow! For a 2023 Team that’s one Tournament in there’s a lot of banter. To the poster waxing on about those kids were 2nd liners not 3rd but if they stayed maybe they’d be FIRST, mmkay. What happens to 1st? Do they GOTO Turtles then? See if you played line 1 25 mins and Line 2 15 mins except in Must win Games and YOU can actually run a practice where all Kids get great instruction as opposed to line 2 being used as mobile ORANGE CONES as Daddy’s kid and his BAE buddy and Coach’s pool guy and Owners Sisters Mister and a Vice Principals kid who is over matched but promises he’ll get Coach a School District Job TEAM the kids will stay and grow.
I’m betting plenty of 2’s, 3’s and 4’s at their positions from former teams without the Daddy / Friend / Team Surgeon / PAL Director / Local School Coach / Owner ( insert Pool / Car Dealership etc etc ) just trying to avoid politics. Hopefully it is a mostly politic free team. Happy my boy ain’t a 2023 or 2021 as those years are flamed on here.

This isn’t PAL, pops. The best kids play as much as they can. Find a team that your son is good enough to start on and you’ll be happy. Unless, of course, the coach applies your nonsensical “every kid gets a medal” approach and then you’ll complain that your kid is better and some kid is taking his minutes.

By the way, didn’t the Turtles say in their flyer that everyone plays equal minutes? That should make you very happy.

Now you're trolling websites? The website doesn't say that anyway, but good try.

I never said that it was stated on the website. The flyer sent out for tryouts clearly promised “equal playing time”. It was one of there bulleted points. After collecting deposits, it has been reworded to read “everyone plays”. Lure the numbers in with a promise and then pull the rug. Smooth move, Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmao! Two were starters and the others were better than those you had starting - hence never being able to close the deal and losing in the quarters/semi’s - nice job...cracked under pressure...but who’s keeping track?

Let me get this straight dad. By your account, the kids who left should have all been starters on what is a highly regarded A team, and somehow your so called starters are now losing to B teams. You either have a coaching issue or a reality issue, and I understand the coaching is great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#’s 16-22 on the depth chart. Most weren’t asked back. The team is stronger after replacing them.

I have one question for this they were not asked back dad. If #1 Bandits added players, #Express Added players, Shore2Shore added players where did Igloo find these awesome players to replace the ones that left. Did these players walk off the street or were they great players sitting out there on the sidelines all this time?

#1: Express has an enormous roster. Near 30 players. They didn’t cut anyone. Bandits didn’t cut anyone either, they’re at 26.

#2: Mediocre players are easy to replace. I know that sounds mean, but that’s who moves from team to team at this age. They probably found them in the same places they found them last year: Empire, Legacy, Hedstrom, Igloo B, etc.,,

So you're saying they replaced mediocre players with other Mediocre players? If your statement is true that means
1. The coaches took kids they know they will no play just to take their parents money.
2. The team is no better than it was last year because they did not upgrade any any position
3. The team could potentially be worse off than it was last year because at least 3 players that left were starters/

So basically this team has a reputation of taking players they are not really interested in playing and has not improved but the players that are there and do not play as much will stick around because they are loyal to the team or the parents will keep them there because that teaches them a life lesson.

That is the definition of madness. Lax is one of the only things where the consumer is unhappy but they sign up for more of the same and say thank you very much.

You don't have a very firm grasp of the way travel lacrosse works, do you?

1. Coaches took kids they know will not start. This is absolutely true. Igloo is an elite level team. There are very few, if ANY, players that are changing teams at this point that would take minutes away from an established starter. Every team has players that will play very limited minutes, some will not play at all in close games. That's a reality. That's why it's important to find a team that suits your son's skill level.

2. The coaches feel that the players they took are better than the players that left (or at least not son's of parents who are sideline and chemistry distractions), so in theory, the team is stronger, if only from a depth perspective.

3. The team lost no impact players. They did not lose 3 starters. That's a fabrication. It is possible that one or two of the players started a game last fall, but not in spring or summer. Since no impact/starting players left, the core of the team is as strong as ever.

How many players on Igloo (or any competitive team) realistically play quality minutes? 4 attack, 5 midfield, 4 defenders, 1 fogo and a goalie. If your son is not in one of those players, then he is a role player. Everyone else on the team is there for depth. They are expendable. They are good players, but in no way are they great. They are unquestionably getting better by practicing with elite level players (and some parents think that is worth the cost of tuition). They are probably one of the top players in their town, and that's why their parents think they deserve more than they do. That's also why many of them move from team to team each year, leaving nothing but burnt bridges and trash talk behind.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As does poor leadership - that team is lead by one individual who focuses in on those who share the same zip code - guess why they can never get over the hump...that team will dismantle soon enough the declining numbers are a clear indicator - I’m sure the director was sold a false bill of goods as to why...only a matter of time

Igloo can’t get over the hump? I’m not sure I understand. What hump? The are a top 3 team on LI and probably top 5 or 6 in the nation. Whatever they are doing is not only working, but should be the model for clubs seeking growth and success to follow. Your statement is so irrational that it’s laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denial is a slippery slope
You keep opening yourself up to criticism
Just remember one cannot be in a position of power and lack accountability doesn’t work like that
We can call the last response ineffective “damage control”

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't have a very firm grasp of the way travel lacrosse works, do you?

1. Coaches took kids they know will not start. This is absolutely true. Igloo is an elite level team. There are very few, if ANY, players that are changing teams at this point that would take minutes away from an established starter. Every team has players that will play very limited minutes, some will not play at all in close games. That's a reality. That's why it's important to find a team that suits your son's skill level.

2. The coaches feel that the players they took are better than the players that left (or at least not son's of parents who are sideline and chemistry distractions), so in theory, the team is stronger, if only from a depth perspective.

3. The team lost no impact players. They did not lose 3 starters. That's a fabrication. It is possible that one or two of the players started a game last fall, but not in spring or summer. Since no impact/starting players left, the core of the team is as strong as ever.

How many players on Igloo (or any competitive team) realistically play quality minutes? 4 attack, 5 midfield, 4 defenders, 1 fogo and a goalie. If your son is not in one of those players, then he is a role player. Everyone else on the team is there for depth. They are expendable. They are good players, but in no way are they great. They are unquestionably getting better by practicing with elite level players (and some parents think that is worth the cost of tuition). They are probably one of the top players in their town, and that's why their parents think they deserve more than they do. That's also why many of them move from team to team each year, leaving nothing but burnt bridges and trash talk behind.

Have fun with your ELITE team. We'll see your little Johnny at tryouts next year. I think half the team was there this year. Says something doesn't it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Denial is a slippery slope
You keep opening yourself up to criticism
Just remember one cannot be in a position of power and lack accountability doesn’t work like that
We can call the last response ineffective “damage control”

There was no denial, other than the statement that 3 starters left. If my statements open myself to criticism, then feel free to elaborate. You honestly sound like this is your first season of club lacrosse. And since it’s your 3rd or 4th team in as many years, I think that it’s is far more likely that your perception of your son’s current ability may be more than slightly biased.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, no skin in the game but those elite dad's are sounding like tools claiming how great they are.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is truly sad to see that this site is nothing more than a bashing session of teams/organizations/kids and parents. Its a platform to see Who can beat their chest the hardest and articulate fallacies the best. There is NO useful lacrosse information being given what so ever. Just an " around the water cooler fest". What ever team/organization one is associated with so be it for what ever reason. Yes, bottom line, organizations are looking out for the all mighty $. One chooses to join such at their own volition. However, the focus and care should be on the kids who are looking to play competitive ball; at what ever level they are at, learn and grow with the game and make friends and connections along the way. Those responding on this site seems to want to drive people away from the game rather than embrace it......Pathetic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, no skin in the game but those elite dad's are sounding like tools claiming how great they are.

It is funny to read the Igloo guy saying he coaches an Elite team. Must be from Manhasset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is funny to read the Igloo guy saying he coaches an Elite team. Must be from Manhasset.

I don’t know gents, my kids team played them a bunch. Igloo is a dominant team. Right up there with Bandits and Express. Not really sure that’s questionable. I know we all hate the dominant teams lol! The part about not many players switching teams that could crack their starting lineup is balls on accurate. Unless the kid was from upstate or out of state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it a coincidence that most of the Igloo players that start and play the most are all from the same zip code?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know what team your son is on, but Igloo is NOT in the same league as the Bandits or Express....and believe me, plenty of Long Island players could crack that lineup. They would just have to move to Manhasset first!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it a coincidence that most of the Igloo players that start and play the most are all from the same zip code?

Any of your town teams beat them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow the stupidity on here is fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As does poor leadership - that team is lead by one individual who focuses in on those who share the same zip code - guess why they can never get over the hump...that team will dismantle soon enough the declining numbers are a clear indicator - I’m sure the director was sold a false bill of goods as to why...only a matter of time

Igloo can’t get over the hump? I’m not sure I understand. What hump? The are a top 3 team on LI and probably top 5 or 6 in the nation. Whatever they are doing is not only working, but should be the model for clubs seeking growth and success to follow. Your statement is so irrational that it’s laughable.

They are very good but Top 5-6 is a stretch... Top 15 in the nation is more realistic. And anyone in the top 15 can play, compete, and beat any of the others on any given day.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are very good but Top 5-6 is a stretch... Top 15 in the nation is more realistic. And anyone in the top 15 can play, compete, and beat any of the others on any given day.

2023: Ranking (note hard to rank due to so many players playing multiple teams)

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
3. True National (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
6. Hawks - ACS players (still holdbacks)
7. Duke National (holdbacks from holdback teams can only play when other holdbacks are available)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
9. Freedom (more holdbacks)
10. Crabs (without ACS players)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

I would say Igloo is about 13 and that is a fair ranking for this team. Note that the rankings do not account for age/grade players. If age based the rankings would be 100% different. USL should take note.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
7. Duke National (holdbacks from holdback teams can only play when other holdbacks are available)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

I would say Igloo is about 13 and that is a fair ranking for this team. Note that the rankings do not account for age/grade players. If age based the rankings would be 100% different. USL should take note.

91 LI at 4 lololol I hate LI but even i find humor in this Other factor in all this is that MOST major tournaments are NOT allowing national teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

I'd say your rankings are pretty fair and somewhat accurate. Why you added HHH and BBL is a bit confusing? and I've never even heard of WCS? I'd add Mesa before any of those 3. I'd also say that your information on the PA teams having holdbacks is inaccurate, most kids in PA are public school kids unlike MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how you ranks all-star teams. If they can't be in the same field as other teams ranked they don't exist.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because these are the teams that Express and 91 face on a regular basis.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

I'd say your rankings are pretty fair and somewhat accurate. Why you added HHH and BBL is a bit confusing? and I've never even heard of WCS? I'd add Mesa before any of those 3. I'd also say that your information on the PA teams having holdbacks is inaccurate, most kids in PA are public school kids unlike MD.

Definitely some issues with this list, I agree that BBL probably doesn't belong, BL is definitely too high and I would bet that a lot of LI folks have some very strong feelings on Shore to Shore being included.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

but Igloo is an ELITE team. Doesn't that count?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Other factor in all this is that MOST major tournaments are NOT allowing national teams

Which tournaments and since when? Not debating the accuracy of your statement, but that has never been the case as long as the check clears.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"91 LI at 4 lololol I hate LI but even i find humor in this Other factor in all this is that MOST major tournaments are NOT allowing national teams"

Would 91 beat ACS, DCD, or True N? I think the ranking is accurate. It is a ranking and could only be proven on the field but in Vegas I would take the others. However I would never even think of suggesting of wagering on youth sports....unless someone creates a website for it....
Have to disagree about the national teams, any organizer would love to have these teams. Naptown, Millon championship, NLF event would easily take any of these teams. It is up to the clubs that do not want the players to play with another club. If the other 91 teams (MD, NC, TX) had better players the bandits would take them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

Evolve?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As does poor leadership - that team is lead by one individual who focuses in on those who share the same zip code - guess why they can never get over the hump...that team will dismantle soon enough the declining numbers are a clear indicator - I’m sure the director was sold a false bill of goods as to why...only a matter of time

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

Yup and it bothers you alot doesnt it...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
accurate or not, official or anonymous rankings mean absolutely NOTHING. Any club can take a few older kids to make a team stronger , the best clubs are focused on developing the players they have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were any of the players that left the team from the same zip code as the coach ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry little late to the party - 8 kids left Igloo counting the 22’ kid that played down in the WSYL, 33% of the roster made a mass exodus or what some would call an escape..funny thing is the top offensive player can’t even crack the starting lineup as he’s still stuck behind the “elite” starters, he too should have made his escape to Express when he had the chance, as many others have

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

1. ACS (Holdbacks)
2. DC Dogs (holdbacks)
4. 91 (WSYL)
5. Express (WSYL)
8. BL (less holdbacks)
11. Looney's
12. laxachusetts
13. Igloo
14. FCA
15. NL
15. Shore to Shore
15. Primetime
15. HHH
15. BBL
15. WCS
15. TX Mustangs

Yup and it bothers you alot doesnt it...

You forgot TB and the Tumultuous Turtles.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"91 LI at 4 lololol I hate LI but even i find humor in this Other factor in all this is that MOST major tournaments are NOT allowing national teams"

Would 91 beat ACS, DCD, or True N? I think the ranking is accurate. It is a ranking and could only be proven on the field but in Vegas I would take the others. However I would never even think of suggesting of wagering on youth sports....unless someone creates a website for it....
Have to disagree about the national teams, any organizer would love to have these teams. Naptown, Millon championship, NLF event would easily take any of these teams. It is up to the clubs that do not want the players to play with another club. If the other 91 teams (MD, NC, TX) had better players the bandits would take them.

Directors have been notified Naptown, NLF MILLON. No National teams which is good what a joke "we can't develop kids so let's make a national team. ". Imagine if LI formed one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Directors have been notified Naptown, NLF Mln. No National teams which is good what a joke "we can't develop kids so let's make a national team. ". Imagine if LI formed one

LI has a similar type of strategy. J calls the parents of a child on another club and has the child leave their current club. Sleezey.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Directors have been notified Naptown, NLF Mln. No National teams which is good what a joke "we can't develop kids so let's make a national team. ". Imagine if LI formed one

LI has a similar type of strategy. J calls the parents of a child on another club and has the child leave their current club. Sleezey..

LI has a similar type of strategy. J calls the parents of a child on another club and has the child leave their current club. Sleezey...

Wait....did you just call a 13 yo kid sleezy??? That’s was a misprint right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total fake news! You will see the same thing at these tournaments. Pay your fee and send any players you choose. They could be in the MLL and no one will care. I have had kids in club lacrosse for many years. NEVER not once did any official ever check a roster or verify anything. Yes there is a online waiver just to prevent a parent from suing the tournament organizer beyond that has anyone who reads this ever seen anything that would prevent any team format. LI should create a new team and enter a tournament. Ego's of club owners is the only thing preventing this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Directors have been notified Naptown, NLF MILLON. No National teams which is good what a joke "we can't develop kids so let's make a national team. ". Imagine if LI formed one

Total fake news! You will see the same thing at these tournaments. Pay your fee and send any players you choose. They could be in the MLL and no one will care. I have had kids in club lacrosse for many years. NEVER not once did any official ever check a roster or verify anything. Yes there is a online waiver just to prevent a parent from suing the tournament organizer beyond that has anyone who reads this ever seen anything that would prevent any team format. LI should create a new team and enter a tournament. Ego's of club owners is the only thing preventing this.

LI has that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LI has a similar type of strategy. JS calls the parents of a child on another club and has the child leave their current club. Sleezey...

LI has a similar type of strategy. J calls the parents of a child on another club and has the child leave their current club. Sleezey...

Wait....did you just call a 13 yo kid sleezy??? That’s was a misprint right?

What MLL player did they name the team after?

Page 22 of 36 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard