BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RN= RN

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is a Hawks RN dad?

registered nurse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Your wife is a pig

Not my wife big guy, just an all out ignorant statement by a small mind boy... have a great season on your “elite” B level team.

Yep definitely hit a nerve. Please learn how to use the quote feature so we don't all have to scroll for an hour to get to the comment.

You are the perfect example of a Hawks parent. I love it. I bet you get all red faced and angry when you read these comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not my wife big guy, just an all out ignorant statement by a small mind boy... have a great season on your “elite” B level team.

Yep definitely hit a nerve. Please learn how to use the quote feature so we don't all have to scroll for an hour to get to the comment.

You are the perfect example of a Hawks parent. I love it. I bet you get all red faced and angry when you read these comments.

You guys crack me up on here arguing with anonymous people. I could post on here that I’m a parent of one of the DC dogs holdbacks and we were going to run every team over in HOCO this spring. Maybe I’m just a FLID on here causing trouble with the Maryland guys. I have to get my 9th grader ready for middle school in the morning good night fellas!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea how the 2023 divisions will be broken down this year? Elite, AA, A and B? Which teams will be Elite and AA?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you are with the DC Dogs, then you mean you have to get your 10th grader reading for middle school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys crack me up on here arguing with anonymous people. I could post on here that I’m a parent of one of the DC dogs holdbacks and we were going to run every team over in HOCO this spring. Maybe I’m just a FLID on here causing trouble with the Maryland guys. I have to get my 9th grader ready for middle school in the morning good night fellas!!

Or maybe you are the 9th grader

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm just trolling and having fun with the 'elite' Hawks RN's. I kind of got sick of all the holdback and zone posts so I figured I'd stir someone up.

Here is my prediction for this year, which is the only one that matters: Hawks finish no higher than third place in HOCO. stink on that Pig boy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm just trolling and having fun with the 'elite' Hawks RN's. I kind of got sick of all the holdback and zone posts so I figured I'd stir someone up.

Here is my prediction for this year, which is the only one that matters: Hawks finish no higher than third place in HOCO. stink on that Pig boy.

Hopefully your right it would be great to have some competition this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any idea how the 2023 divisions will be broken down this year? Elite, AA, A and B? Which teams will be Elite and AA?

It will still be Elite AA A and B. Unless they make a super Elite and have two teams play each other every week I think it will be Hawks and DC Dogs in the finals as they could be in a higher group. Looney's FCA Crabs will be there for a playoff spot. Sounds like NL may have taken a step back and DCE was already heading south. Team 91 is not really Elite by record but they need an even number of teams. It might make sense to add teams in which case VLC and SR would be the two most likely based on records in AA. In my opinion three twelve team groups makes more it more fun. This is the last season and they should all play more teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It will still be Elite AA A and B. Unless they make a super Elite and have two teams play each other every week I think it will be Hawks and DC Dogs in the finals as they could be in a higher group. Looney's FCA Crabs will be there for a playoff spot. Sounds like NL may have taken a step back and DCE was already heading south. Team 91 is not really Elite by record but they need an even number of teams. It might make sense to add teams in which case VLC and SR would be the two most likely based on records in AA. In my opinion three twelve team groups makes more it more fun. This is the last season and they should all play more teams.

Providing VLC/SR want to move up 10 team league could make sense. Two 5 team divisions based on last yrs results. Something like this-

div 1 - Hawks, Looneys, NL, BLC/DCE, VLC
div 2 - CB, Crabs, FCA, 91, SR

you play everyone in division plus 3 in other. inter-division games also based on last year. For example Hawks play CB Crabs FCA. VLC play FCA 91 SR, CB v Hawks Looneys NL, SR v VLC, BLC, NL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting...that’s how all of the other teams who consistently won throughout the years thought of the Hawks. You didn’t even win your own tournament. Come back down to reality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Interesting...that’s how all of the other teams who consistently won throughout the years thought of the Hawks. You didn’t even win your own tournament. Come back down to reality.

My kid is on the hawks and I agree they will not be as good as they have been in previous years. You could see things starting to change during the summer and they did not add enough talent for this years team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Providing VLC/SR want to move up 10 team league could make sense. Two 5 team divisions based on last yrs results. Something like this-

you play everyone in division plus 3 in other. inter-division games also based on last year. For example Hawks play CB Crabs FCA. VLC play FCA 91 SR, CB v Hawks Looneys NL, SR v VLC, BLC, NL.

This is good idea. Let's hope someone at Howard Parks and Rec read this. However, I would keep the top teams from playing each other in season if at all possible. This would be good for Team 91 to possibly get a win and would make for a higher number of close games. If VLC or SR did not want to move up Breakers would agree.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Last year was 2023's best year by far. not sure how much more talent is needed this year. they dont even need a defense with the Goalies they have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by ILovePigs
Last year was 2023's best year by far. not sure how much more talent is needed this year. they dont even need a defense with the Goalies they have.

Who are you talking about?[/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fantastic user name!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really they only need the one attackman and the goalie and they can beat everyone in the history of lacrosse. Oh - and the Coach's kid... he'd be on the field for sure but wouldn't really do anything. But that's it, just those 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the cracker jack Zone Defense they have they really do not need a goalie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is good idea. Let's hope someone at Howard Parks and Rec read this. However, I would keep the top teams from playing each other in season if at all possible. This would be good for Team 91 to possibly get a win and would make for a higher number of close games. If VLC or SR did not want to move up Breakers would agree.

Leave it the way it was. AA was competitive with three 6-1 teams (VLC, Cannons, Cavs). VLC tried an Elite summer tournament schedule and big sub-500 nosedive with zero wins vs Elite competition. No need to change things. But totally agree that 2023 Elite finals will be Hawks and Madlax DC Dogs. With the two new kids from NL and kid playing up from Madlax 2024, my money is on the Dogs.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
hopefully the first game of the season is the Hawks VS Dogs so we can move on from who is the "best" team this year topic. If HOCO stays with NCAA rules are they bring the dive back???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][

My kid is on the hawks and I agree they will not be as good as they have been in previous years. You could see things starting to change during the summer and they did not add enough talent for this years team.

Got rid of some much needed dead weight and we added enough. Team will be better but yeah we didn't add enough difference maker holdbacks like others did

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is on the hawks and I agree they will not be as good as they have been in previous years. You could see things starting to change during the summer and they did not add enough talent for this years team. [/quote]

Got rid of some much needed dead weight and we added enough. Team will be better but yeah we didn't add enough difference maker holdbacks like others did[/quote]

Nice try guys... you aren't Hawks parents. just Trolls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got rid of some much needed dead weight and we added enough. Team will be better but yeah we didn't add enough difference maker holdbacks like others did[/quote]

Nice try guys... you aren't Hawks parents. just Trolls.[/quote]

That's not true, I love pigs, I must be a hawks parent.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Great now my son is dead weight cant wait untill we play the dirty birds. Heard they were playing man defense this year..yea right when pigs fly!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are playing at the Pilgrim tourney in OC?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great now my son is dead weight cant wait untill we play the dirty birds. Heard they were playing man defense this year..yea right when pigs fly!!

Dead weight ? dirty birds ? man defense ? pigs fly ? Are these secret code words used in youth lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Official -non Official 2023 rankings based by region based on posts here and my 13 year old Neighbor's greasy mom:

Baltimore/Towson:
1. ACS: Not sure who will be on the team but will be the best team in Mid Atlantic by adding some 2022's (cannot play the same time as the Hawks, Crabs, Looney's as they are made of these teams)
2. Crabs: Still a claw up on Looney's, FCA, after adding MIAA A varsity reclassed attack
3. Looney's: I have seen them play and the mom's look normal but the Pig lover has inside information that they a greasy. Team wins over FCA by virtue of head to head
4. FCA: Team is based on great principles and faith. However parents not so much. Strong team
5. Breakers: Heard this team is on the rise with new coaches
6. Team 91: Get some wins first and then they will rank higher
7. Koopers: Not sure Coach Petro gets them over the MM team
AA Co:
1. Hawks: The goalie is the best Quint Kessenich has seen at any level ever but he does not take any shots in actual games due to the impenetrable zone D. I have seen this team play many times and truth be told I am most impressed with the offensive play in the midfield.
2. Hawks bench players.
3. The kids who did not make Hawks
4. South River: A strong team of rec kids that is better than most clubs with great uniforms
5. PLC, API, and USS and other teams
Howard, Charles, PG:
1. The Howard Co. kids who play for Hawks and Crabs
2. Cannon's (?)
3. PGLC: Coaching is best in this region
4. Zingo's: Move to number one if Coach Petro moves there.
Mont. Co aka MOCO
1. DC Dogs by Mad Lax: Note in order to avoid legal action it is required to mention that the former Club Blue team is not a proud member of the Mad Lax family and not DC Dogs but Mad Lax even though they do not have the same colors. They did add many players from other MOCO teams and a 2024 playing up but was already playing down but by youth lax math is under the overage cutoff. It is not a age cut off but a grade cutoff but does not matter and the issue should never ever be discussed ever on BOTC at least for another two posts.
2. NL: Interesting to see if they have any players left.
3. DCE: Do any kids on DC Dogs (MAD LAX!!!) or DCE actually live in DC??
NEXT UP: Ranking for N.VA after a brief work break and some research on the VA teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Official -non Official 2023 rankings based by region based on posts here and my 13 year old Neighbor's greasy mom:

Baltimore/Towson:
1. ACS: Not sure who will be on the team but will be the best team in Mid Atlantic by adding some 2022's (cannot play the same time as the Hawks, Crabs, Looney's as they are made of these teams)
2. Crabs: Still a claw up on Looney's, FCA, after adding MIAA A varsity reclassed attack
3. Looney's: I have seen them play and the mom's look normal but the Pig lover has inside information that they a greasy. Team wins over FCA by virtue of head to head
4. FCA: Team is based on great principles and faith. However parents not so much. Strong team
AA Co:
1. Hawks: The goalie is the best Quint Kessenich has seen at any level ever but he does not take any shots in actual games due to the impenetrable zone D. I have seen this team play many times and truth be told I am most impressed with the offensive play in the midfield.
2. Hawks bench players.
4. South River: A strong team of rec kids that is better than most clubs with great uniforms
Howard, Charles, PG:
2. Cannon's (?)
Mont. Co aka MOCO
1. DC Dogs by Mad Lax: Note in order to avoid legal action it is required to mention that the former Club Blue team is not a proud member of the Mad Lax family and not DC Dogs but Mad Lax even though they do not have the same colors. They did add many players from other MOCO teams and a 2024 playing up but was already playing down but by youth lax math is under the overage cutoff. It is not a age cut off but a grade cutoff but does not matter and the issue should never ever be discussed ever on BOTC at least for another two posts.
NEXT UP: Ranking for N.VA after a brief work break and some research on the VA teams.

Even though I am a Hawks parent and you poke some fun at us (my son is one of the offensively talented middies you sarcastically reference)... this is really funny stuff. Thank you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore/Towson:
AA Co:
2. Hawks bench players.
Howard, Charles, PG:
2. Cannon's (?)
Mont. Co aka MOCO

Just stop after FCA. You realize Koopers was in HoCo B last year? And they needed a supplemental tryout this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore/Towson:
AA Co:
2. Hawks bench players.
Howard, Charles, PG:
2. Cannon's (?)
Mont. Co aka MOCO

Just stop after FCA. You realize Koopers was in HoCo B last year? And they needed a supplemental tryout this year.

Yea, But look who is coaching them now.. Heard he secured Dwan as D coach of team. They will be a formidable team with that coaching. And best of all, a couple of Hopkins recruits/players have reclassed several grades down to 2023.
Crabs with their reclassed MIAA Varsity players will be no match for Hopkins reclassed players, heard it here first folks! . ...But and this is a big But ,,,,, And I do not think this is fair at all....rumors are that several Chesapeake Bayhawks might be reclassing down. Come on , we need some standards, reclassing pros, lets draw the line somewhere people.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just stop after FCA. You realize Koopers was in HoCo B last year? And they needed a supplemental tryout this year. [/quote]

Yea, But look who is coaching them now.. Heard he secured Dwan as D coach of team. They will be a formidable team with that coaching. And best of all, a couple of Hopkins recruits/players have reclassed several grades down to 2023.
Crabs with their reclassed MIAA Varsity players will be no match for Hopkins reclassed players, heard it here first folks! . ...But and this is a big But ,,,,, And I do not think this is fair at all....rumors are that several Chesapeake Bayhawks might be reclassing down. Come on , we need some standards, reclassing pros, lets draw the line somewhere people. [/quote]

2023 D Coach is a hack helicopter dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baltimore/Towson:
AA Co:
2. Hawks bench players.
Howard, Charles, PG:
2. Cannon's (?)
Mont. Co aka MOCO

After very thorough research here is the official unofficial list of the top youth lacrosse teams in VA:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to watch the 2023 age group this fall as play dates and tournaments start. The following teams: Lax factory, Wolfpack, BLC, and Club Blue will now be wearing 3d, True, Express, and Madlax uniforms. Will the play and overall player experience be better, worse, the same? The one certainty is that collectively all of these parents had to pay much higher fees for youth lacrosse. I also noticed that Duke's VA is playing the MD Lax Tournament. I will like to see how the smaller local clubs do.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be interesting to watch the 2023 age group this fall as play dates and tournaments start. The following teams: Lax factory, Wolfpack, BLC, and Club Blue will now be wearing 3d, True, Express, and Madlax uniforms. Will the play and overall player experience be better, worse, the same? The one certainty is that collectively all of these parents had to pay much higher fees for youth lacrosse. I also noticed that Duke's VA is playing the MD Lax Tournament. I will like to see how the smaller local clubs do.

Why do you say “these parents had to much higher fees for youth lacrosse”? What is your basis?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because several are national brands... definitely was the case for the parents moving to 3D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you say “these parents had to much higher fees for youth lacrosse”? What is your basis?

I have an older kids and a 2023 and after trying out and getting offers for a few teams I am familiar with what some of these teams charge. It is a logical assumption that the national programs with marketing directors and full time office staffs and elaborate networks need to charge more than the local team coached by dads. That is not saying there is not a benefit to a large club in terms of opportunity but it will just be interesting to watch. At this age group the impact is very different from even last season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm looking for a great goalie coach for 1-on-1 lessons in the DC area. Any advice appreciated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have an older kids and a 2023 and after trying out and getting offers for a few teams I am familiar with what some of these teams charge. It is a logical assumption that the national programs with marketing directors and full time office staffs and elaborate networks need to charge more than the local team coached by dads. That is not saying there is not a benefit to a large club in terms of opportunity but it will just be interesting to watch. At this age group the impact is very different from even last season.

So what do you understand to be the dues charged by True, 3D, and Express for the Maryland teams?

Page 11 of 37 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard