BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 36 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Never understood why people say money grab. All these teams give kids an opportunity to play the game and learn. Who cares where they go as long as they like it and are having fun. I just don’t get some of the comments on this board.

4k a year is a money grab.
If you put 30 kids on team and charge 4k a year thats a money grab.
If you charge 4k a year, and dont play a lot of your kids thats a money grab and robbery.i
If you charge 3k-4k a year and dont hire paid coaches except 1, using dad coaches. Thats a money grab.
If you charge 3k-4k a year and put teans in tournaments that you make money from. Thats a money grab
If you start adding additional teams in each age group, so you can get every kid at your tryout to sign up with you and pay you tuition, essentially just making teams of the weakest players who cant compete. Thats a money grab.

Money grabs will continue to happen.......as long as parents continue to pay!!

Igloo must be desperate...they have adverts everywhere for 2025 teams

I think you mean legacy

isn't Legacy the new WI PAL team?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Never understood why people say money grab. All these teams give kids an opportunity to play the game and learn. Who cares where they go as long as they like it and are having fun. I just don’t get some of the comments on this board.

If you charge 4k a year, and dont play a lot of your kids thats a money grab and robbery.i
If you charge 3k-4k a year and dont hire paid coaches except 1, using dad coaches. Thats a money grab.
If you charge 3k-4k a year and put teans in tournaments that you make money from. Thats a money grab
If you start adding additional teams in each age group, so you can get every kid at your tryout to sign up with you and pay you tuition, essentially just making teams of the weakest players who cant compete. Thats a money grab.

I think you mean legacy

Nope. 91 is the new Farmingdale PAL team.
And their fielding 2 teams
But their hurting for players to actually field the 2nd one.
But dont worry. They will just merge with a younger age group.
This way they can keep the money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams are looking for another mid or 2. Maybe an attackman if he stands out and back up goalie . Still a lot of movement to be had. Express still over promising. Coaches pulling up kids from Oreilly that paid for the extra training.91 took on headaches. Legacy and Igloo will end up fine.Two teams where coaches are straight shooters and they are not run by the parent majority. Either way hope they all the teams end up well. Competive age group and despite some of us here the kids are respectful and enjoy playing with and against each other Best of luck. Don’t be that DB on the sideline posting here after every game . Do your job and be a supportive parent instead of a sideline coach. Teach your kid the value of a commitment . Go watch the older kids when the scouts are on the sidelines. Notice how quiet the parents . It’s not all about the play in the field. Coaches want good families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most teams are looking for another mid or 2. Maybe an attackman if he stands out and back up goalie . Still a lot of movement to be had. Express still over promising. Coaches pulling up kids from Oreilly that paid for the extra training.91 took on headaches. Legacy and Igloo will end up fine.Two teams where coaches are straight shooters and they are not run by the parent majority. Either way hope they all the teams end up well. Competive age group and despite some of us here the kids are respectful and enjoy playing with and against each other Best of luck. Don’t be that DB on the sideline posting here after every game . Do your job and be a supportive parent instead of a sideline coach. Teach your kid the value of a commitment . Go watch the older kids when the scouts are on the sidelines. Notice how quiet the parents . It’s not all about the play in the field. Coaches want good families.

Accurate except biased to Legacy and Igloo.
You clearly have a son on one of those teams.
Reality is both Legacy and Igloo have real issues just like the others. Lets not pretend.
Igloo has out of control coaches screaming on sidelines. And who can barely hold in their curses. (My son witnessed this behavior).
And Legacy got into problems last year because they let parents run the show. And they are not investing into additional coaches like other teams, so they will have a rough road.

Truth is there are better options outside these big organizations and your kids will have a much better playing experience.

And I agree all organizations are still looking if your kid has talent. They always have an opening.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale PAL at the 2025 is a complete JOKE. Coaches are horrible. Ran off all of their best players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Farmingdale PAL at the 2025 is a complete JOKE. Coaches are horrible. Ran off all of their best players.

Troll. Don't take the bait.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you mean legacy

I totally understand your point, but I blame the parents for paying into this nonsense. Some are foolishly handing over their hard earned cash going into a situation that isn't in their kids best interest. This practice will continue until parents refuse to pay, and go else were. I did it with my son who saw the field often. I refuse to allow some of these coaches to force some of us to believe their team/club is the "All and end All."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please do not believe the posts regarding Igloo coaches on this site. If you have questions regarding organizations, do what I did, ask around and go see them for yourself. This board is for nothing more than a place for lonely people to go and post ignorance.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please do not believe the posts regarding Igloo coaches on this site. If you have questions regarding organizations, do what I did, ask around and go see them for yourself. This board is for nothing more than a place for lonely people to go and post ignorance.

So I suspect you already paid your deposit and maybe a bit concerned?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I totally understand your point, but I blame the parents for paying into this nonsense. Some are foolishly handing over their hard earned cash going into a situation that isn't in their kids best interest. This practice will continue until parents refuse to pay, and go else were. I did it with my son who saw the field often. I refuse to allow some of these coaches to force some of us to believe their team/club is the "All and end All."

100% true. The amount of egotism and hubris with some of these coaches and clubs is completely unbelievable. We pay them. We are the paying customer. I don't understand how parents forget this. There is life outside whatever club and team your kid is on. I promise. The only reason these plagues on humanity have power over our children and families is that we let them. The landscape is changing. There are more clubs and more competition. Screw these guys.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its true about the tirades by the Igloo coaches. My son was really shocked by it. And my husband could hear them from the opposite sideline as well.
I do feel the team improved last season. But they seriously need to address the way the coaches act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches for Igloo 2025 are DADDY coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
agreed the more teams the better... welcoming new startup teams. The problem of course, is now tryouts will prob start in the end of June so each of the teams can jockey for players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Igloo dad coach. Truth is, Igloo had one good run and now that they've moved up and on you are having real trouble finding success like Elite teams do. Some of your teams are nothing more than extensions of their towns PAL, and yes that's why we left. I would not have been bitter except for the fact that the "coaches" (dads) that I spoke to in confidence felt the need to bash our family upon leaving. Sad...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the Express won a tourney without their coach, entered an A bracket at tristar and if the team had Danowski on the sideline it wouldn’t have helped, and finished on top of the bracket in the last tourney. So he must have done something. But I respect your view of things, but I enjoyed it and I am back with the team. And I am excited about the new additions and wish your son the best of luck.

They won a low level class C tournament, vs. 2025/2026 bracket and BARELY won at that. Had to beat a very weak RECON team in overtime. My nephew was on that team, I wouldn't have either of my sons or my daughter play for a team that the coach had their not show up at tournaments.

That was the last tourney no bracket, Einstein . They won the other one vs 2025 teams vs Hitmen, Recon, Mamas 2025 team. To be accurate

Firstly Mamaz boyz B team, they got SMOKED by the A team BAD... Hitmen and RECON are very light competition. Where a team that boasts to be such a great program they fall VERY short in delivering. Their "wins" were against lower level B teams that at $4k a season should of beat easy if they actually got all that Express promises.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without negativity or that team is a disaster rhetoric. What are the teams that anybody is aware of looking for players and provide feedback. There is more teams this year and some teams are folding and some are searching.

Igloo is holding a supplementary tryout so that is one.

R$sh is holding supplemental tryouts, so that is another.

Outlaws still has another tryout, so thats another.

I know the Express is looking for a few as well. They completely revamped the roster. O’Reilly is a fantastic coach and trainer.

Revamped the roster LOL Most of the kids left because while O'Reilly is a great coach he was not present at all but 1 tournament. He sent his sons to coach. Even at practices when he was there he was coaching 2 team at the same time and on the phone or texting. Express is nothing but a money grab sad to say. The training they offer is ALL extra. The practices they offer don't seem to be much in the way of teaching, just going through the motions.

Express package for the B team is the best in my opinion. Two varsity coaches, 10 tournaments, all new gear for everyone, not just 1st year. They are giving a helmet, gloves, bag, jacket, uniform, winter training as part of the package. Did the team deserve criticism from last year, yeah. I myself had doubts about returning, but asked the questions and at least they made the effort to fix things.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without negativity or that team is a disaster rhetoric. What are the teams that anybody is aware of looking for players and provide feedback. There is more teams this year and some teams are folding and some are searching.

Igloo is holding a supplementary tryout so that is one.

R$sh is holding supplemental tryouts, so that is another.

Outlaws still has another tryout, so thats another.

I know the Express is looking for a few as well. They completely revamped the roster. O’Reilly is a fantastic coach and trainer.

Revamped the roster LOL Most of the kids left because while O'Reilly is a great coach he was not present at all but 1 tournament. He sent his sons to coach. Even at practices when he was there he was coaching 2 team at the same time and on the phone or texting. Express is nothing but a money grab sad to say. The training they offer is ALL extra. The practices they offer don't seem to be much in the way of teaching, just going through the motions.

Express package for the B team is the best in my opinion. Two varsity coaches, 10 tournaments, all new gear for everyone, not just 1st year. They are giving a helmet, gloves, bag, jacket, uniform, winter training as part of the package. Did the team deserve criticism from last year, yeah. I myself had doubts about returning, but asked the questions and at least they made the effort to fix things.

Your paying $3800- for that. And thats for a team that has been losing, abd has no chance of grabbing any really good players because they are all on channys team.

You should just go outside Express. And outside these big organizations. Many of the other clubs with one team per age have recruited some really good players. Plus you pay much less.
You could have tried out for Rebels and paid $2600. For that got 3 coaches minimum, had a lower roster, got a much better gear package, got winter training, training evaluations, winter training, an option to add box, and 8 tournaments.
So for 2 tournaments and less gear you are paying $1200 more. And you know how bad it was last year.
It makes no sense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The grass is never greener, unless your son can make a real A team. Not an A team for a club that plays in B brackets. Going from B team to B team is a waste and makes no sense, the Express satisfied my concerns from last year and the team will be fine, if not, I was wrong and oh well. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People often forget to factor in the amount of away tournaments in the cost of a program. Outlaws now Rebels always travel a lot and as we all know going away can add an additional $500-$700 per tournament. Not saying express doesn’t travel, just making a point that you have to factor in travel costs for any program you choose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many returning starters will Geese have?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the 2nd teams at clubs this year.

Definitely:

Express
Igloo
Old Ducks

Maybe, meaning not sure

S2S
Legacy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The grass is never greener, unless your son can make a real A team. Not an A team for a club that plays in B brackets. Going from B team to B team is a waste and makes no sense, the Express satisfied my concerns from last year and the team will be fine, if not, I was wrong and oh well. Good luck.

Ummm, OReillys team is not an A team. Its a team that loses in B tournaments. Closer to C.
But hey, if your happy with it, have fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So who are the 2nd teams at clubs this year.

Definitely:

Express
Igloo
Old Ducks

Maybe, meaning not sure

S2S
Legacy

Geese

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm, OReillys team is not an A team. Its a team that loses in B tournaments. Closer to C.

Nobody said it was. The point was why leave a B team for another B team. It's worth leaving to go to an A team. In other words, the players that left Express Oreilly for Igloo B and 91B will find that the grass is not greener, in my opinion. But time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the knights merge some teams with Outlaws?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody said it was. The point was why leave a B team for another B team. It's worth leaving to go to an A team. In other words, the players that left Express Oreilly for Igloo B and 91B will find that the grass is not greener, in my opinion. But time will tell.

I agree with that if you are just going to the 2nd team of an organisation. There is no point in doing that.
But what you should do is look at the clubs that have one team in your age group.
Those will get some competitive players because they are pivking the best from theur tryouts. So you have a better possibility of that team being an A team. Just make sure the club you choose is investing in the training for the kids. Not just one coach and some dad that help out.
And there are so many teams to look at. Dont get suckered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
they smoked the 25-26 team not the 25 mamas team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How could anyone justify paying $3800 for a repeat of last year, with some new gear? The team was terrible and now better players have left. Anyone who's kid could make another team, should run fast. Unless your kid can't, then stick with PAL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the knights merge some teams with Outlaws?

Rumor is that they player swapped to backfill some age groups. Add all the supplemental tryouts going on and you will see some disparity in the level of play this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many returning starters will Geese have?

Entire starting attack gone, starting faceoff went to 91, two defensemen left, goalie went to 91, starting three middies left. And not enough kids to field a second team now either at that age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese shed all the headaches. The ones on here posting garbage are texting the coach in between trying to get back in and blaming the other mixed nuts. And if you were lucky enough to get a few of the prizes it was only because they scholarshipped them after the others said no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Geese shed all the headaches. The ones on here posting garbage are texting the coach in between trying to get back in and blaming the other mixed nuts. And if you were lucky enough to get a few of the prizes it was only because they scholarshipped them after the others said no.

11 headaches???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 starting atk left geese. The other two are still there. Defensive core still there. Mama just angry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And got stuck with the migraine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good Luck with all the cancers and no one wants them back ... Enjoy them they are great people

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about??
I dont doubt the ones on here bashing Legacy are the ones who left mid year last season. Which is shameful that they abandoned their team midseason and 91 should be ashamed for taking them mid season.
However, there are clearly issues at legacy that led to this . So you cant blame any players who left after the season was over. Thats on Legacy.

And I doubt highly that 91 is giving scholarships to these kids. For 91 this is a business and about making money. None of these kids are irreplaceable.

Plus kids left and went to other teams as well.

So stop pretending only 1 attack left and original defense is all there.
I truly hope Legacy rebuilds itself. But it wont happen by ignoring the obvious. And it wont happen if the money paid by parents is not used to adequately staff these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont doubt the ones on here bashing Legacy are the ones who left mid year last season. Which is shameful that they abandoned their team midseason and 91 should be ashamed for taking them mid season.
However, there are clearly issues at legacy that led to this . So you cant blame any players who left after the season was over. Thats on Legacy.

And I doubt highly that 91 is giving scholarships to these kids. For 91 this is a business and about making money. None of these kids are irreplaceable.

I truly hope Legacy rebuilds itself. But it wont happen by ignoring the obvious. And it wont happen if the money paid by parents is not used to adequately staff these teams.

Again, entire attack..:.gone, two starting defensemen.....gone, three starting middies....gone, starting fogo......gone. Plus a handful of other that are somewhere making other teams solid. Funny how it takes an organization to completely lose an entire team to realize cancers existed. You make excuses time and time again and spread lies when everyone knows the truth. The promise of green was way more important than winning and when you take the most talented kids and a daddy that thinks he played in the mll but is nothing but a high school soccer player they lose. They lose and lose and lose. Because no one believed in each other and everyone was looking over their shoulders. There’s one ball! As soon as you have a coach that teaches there’s one ball and everyone has to touch it, you may start winning again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, entire attack..:.gone, two starting defensemen.....gone, three starting middies....gone, starting fogo......gone. Plus a handful of other that are somewhere making other teams solid. Funny how it takes an organization to completely lose an entire team to realize cancers existed. You make excuses time and time again and spread lies when everyone knows the truth. The promise of green was way more important than winning and when you take the most talented kids and a daddy that thinks he played in the mll but is nothing but a high school soccer player they lose. They lose and lose and lose. Because no one believed in each other and everyone was looking over their shoulders. There’s one ball! As soon as you have a coach that teaches there’s one ball and everyone has to touch it, you may start winning again.

Let me clarify my prior statement. The parents who left the Geese mid season were defenitely a major part of the problem. They were loud, overbearing parents who wanted constant playing time for their kids at the expense of others, and tried to control the team. The mistake of Legacy initially was placating to these parents. They should have been firm with them from the beginning. And a major mistake was losing their original assistant coach. It was that coaches combination with Fiore that really brought the kids on the team to such a high level of playing prior.

But after those mistakes had been made, and when the toxic patents were gone, Legacy defenitely should have been hiring more coaches to help Fiore. They need to put money back into the team. It needs a head coach, defensive coach, and asst coach at a minimum. Thats what other teams are doing. And they must be qualified coaches. And I agree Legacy should have coach bios on website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me clarify my prior statement. The parents who left the Geese mid season were defenitely a major part of the problem. They were loud, overbearing parents who wanted constant playing time for their kids at the expense of others, and tried to control the team. The mistake of Legacy initially was placating to these parents. They should have been firm with them from the beginning. And a major mistake was losing their original assistant coach. It was that coaches combination with Fiore that really brought the kids on the team to such a high level of playing prior.

But after those mistakes had been made, and when the toxic patents were gone, Legacy defenitely should have been hiring more coaches to help Fiore. They need to put money back into the team. It needs a head coach, defensive coach, and asst coach at a minimum. Thats what other teams are doing. And they must be qualified coaches. And I agree Legacy should have coach bios on website.

That would be a funny read !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the end result is 91 probably better, Express is definitely better and then there is the rest. Probably Igloo, TB and if the old Ducks stuck together are the rest. Rebels are mish mash of knights, geese, etc.

Page 10 of 36 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard