BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Girls 2020-11th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
TM@BOTC Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss this age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2020-11th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So can't wait for this to be over this summer was worse than ever. Want my kid to pick her State school and then we can tell the YJ's to kiss off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You don’t need to stay with YJ for your kid to go to a SUNY school. Quit now

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quick question - who has been most helpful in your daughter's recruiting process?

High School Coach
Club Coach
Club Director
Private Consultant
Other

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Quick question - who has been most helpful in your daughter's recruiting process?

High School Coach
Club Coach
Club Director
Private Consultant
Other

Player and Parents #1 by a wide margin

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School Coach
Club Coach
Club Director
Private Consultant
Other

Other. The kid has to reach out to coaches to come see her and express her interest in that program. That's how it worked for all my kids, who all played D1 but were not blue chip players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Direvtors take credit for the studs, they are the easy ones. The ones that would get noticed regardless of what team they play on. For the bottom 90% of players most of it falls on the player and the family. But your club will sure as heck post the commit on their website ASAP!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Direvtors take credit for the studs, they are the easy ones. The ones that would get noticed regardless of what team they play on. For the bottom 90% of players most of it falls on the player and the family. But your club will sure as heck post the commit on their website ASAP!!!!!!
LOL ... and these friggin clown directors out here have the audacity to charge a fee for recruiting seminars to work. Def won’t be spending $$ at the big clubs in the coming years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
September 1st is coming soon, and for those of us who didn't have 2020 daughters that committed have you been told by your club director or anyone who might know what to expect? My daughter was on a handful of visits prior to the rule change, and she still receives "general" interest emails from our club director from coaches, but we really don't know what to expect. We've been told to expect calls fairly quickly, and some people say be prepared to act quickly, but What other hints have parents gotten of interest from schools other than club emails? Invites to camps through snail mail , etc??
How can we truly know what level of interest these schools have? Can club directors say they've spoken to school a or b about your daughter, can they drop you hints?
Let's keep the discussion clean and realistic, and good luck to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on experience with my 2019, she will start receiving contact at 12:01. the schools that she has visited and she had contact with prior to last April will probably have an offer in mind if they liked her then. Others will have offers, if they liked what they saw over the summer and others will string you along, but if there is any interest at all they will contact within hours after 12am. Daughter was fortunate that School she wanted, wanted her and texted at 12:01 and committed first thing in the am

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
be wary of the ones who string you along that's a sure fire sign that your daughter is plan B if the school can't lock up their plan A kids. If your daughter is hot you will know within that first day. It always seems to work out. Many schools rebels it and so do parents. They jump at the first offers especially if they their kid isn't an absolute top prospect and the vast majority arent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on experience with my 2019, she will start receiving contact at 12:01. the schools that she has visited and she had contact with prior to last April will probably have an offer in mind if they liked her then. Others will have offers, if they liked what they saw over the summer and others will string you along, but if there is any interest at all they will contact within hours after 12am. Daughter was fortunate that School she wanted, wanted her and texted at 12:01 and committed first thing in the am

I am curious if the experience differs amongst positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High School Coach
Club Coach
Club Director
Private Consultant
Other

Other. The kid has to reach out to coaches to come see her and express her interest in that program. That's how it worked for all my kids, who all played D1 but were not blue chip players.
Did any of you attend any of the College summer camps as an uncommitted player i.e yale, Brown... are these worth it? General thoughts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have been told by our club to expect calls and texts immediately too. You have to figure that if a school is really interested they will be contacting immediately, and as someone said you'll be able to tell if your daughter is plan B. Not that there is anything wrong with plan B, most of the girls on the team are possibly "plan B", girls that aren't superstars but solid players. Like my daughter, a late bloomer.
If you haven't visited a school will the coaches offer scholarships over the phone or wait until they get you on Campus? Do they send the offers via email ? What if you say you haven't been there yet but it's high on your list. Kids do have dream schools, even if they haven't seen them in full.
I really hope my club director/coach are working hard behind the scenes on behalf of my daughter, as she's gotten numerous "interest" emails and visited quite a few schools before the rule change. Since the rule change it has been hard to get a grasp on the true interest, and all we really hear is "be prepared, the phone is ringing and your daughter should narrow her list down."
Exciting and a little stressful at the same time.
good luck to all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So much about this rule change. People this is the way it used to be. This rule change came to pass because sometime in 2014ish someone thought they could cheat the system. (this accelerated recruiting was new, NCAA let it go for a few years and then reigned it in)

and if I am wrong correct me, but you don't get an email or a letter detailing the offer, it is still a VERBAL agreement. Nothing is in writting. It all happens via conversations, whether on the phone or in person. If it happens on the phone it would be if you have talked with them prior.

I have yet to meet anyone who received an offer where they haven't been seen by the coach (outside of the 1%ers).

REMEMBER IT IS AN OFFER NOT A CONTRACT (FRO BOTH SIDES), SAY YES IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN. ENTERTAIN AS MANY AS YOU CAN.

Someone said Plan B. that is a horrible way to say it. With 10 or so commits a year they arent all 1st day calls but to call them plan B is wrong very wrong, there is a list of players but plan B come on. if you get a call or even a text id say you'd be on their list pretty high. But now is also a good time to send the schools a letter of interest. Hit the ground running.

remember regardless of what anyone tells you - you are in the drivers seat. You and are parents are in control. dont let coaches or directors steer you where they think you should go over where you want to go Dont poo poo school that arent so good athletically remember it is the academics.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We
So much about this rule change. People this is the way it used to be. This rule change came to pass because sometime in 2014ish someone thought they could cheat the system. (this accelerated recruiting was new, NCAA let it go for a few years and then reigned it in)

and if I am wrong correct me, but you don't get an email or a letter detailing the offer, it is still a VERBAL agreement. Nothing is in writting. It all happens via conversations, whether on the phone or in person. If it happens on the phone it would be if you have talked with them prior.

I have yet to meet anyone who received an offer where they haven't been seen by the coach (outside of the 1%ers).

REMEMBER IT IS AN OFFER NOT A CONTRACT (FRO BOTH SIDES), SAY YES IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN. ENTERTAIN AS MANY AS YOU CAN.

Someone said Plan B. that is a horrible way to say it. With 10 or so commits a year they arent all 1st day calls but to call them plan B is wrong very wrong, there is a list of players but plan B come on. if you get a call or even a text id say you'd be on their list pretty high. But now is also a good time to send the schools a letter of interest. Hit the ground running.

remember regardless of what anyone tells you - you are in the drivers seat. You and are parents are in control. dont let coaches or directors steer you where they think you should go over where you want to go Dont poo poo school that arent so good athletically remember it is the academics.

You sound like such a braggart .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have been told by our club to expect calls and texts immediately too. You have to figure that if a school is really interested they will be contacting immediately, and as someone said you'll be able to tell if your daughter is plan B. Not that there is anything wrong with plan B, most of the girls on the team are possibly "plan B", girls that aren't superstars but solid players. Like my daughter, a late bloomer.
If you haven't visited a school will the coaches offer scholarships over the phone or wait until they get you on Campus? Do they send the offers via email ? What if you say you haven't been there yet but it's high on your list. Kids do have dream schools, even if they haven't seen them in full.
I really hope my club director/coach are working hard behind the scenes on behalf of my daughter, as she's gotten numerous "interest" emails and visited quite a few schools before the rule change. Since the rule change it has been hard to get a grasp on the true interest, and all we really hear is "be prepared, the phone is ringing and your daughter should narrow her list down."
Exciting and a little stressful at the same time.
good luck to all.

No question that it is a little stressful More for the parents than for the kids in my estimation. I also don't like the "plan b" moniker. Schools will be contacting kids on the top of their list. That list is going to be widely different for most schools. Since a number of the top lacrosse schools already verballed a number of kids, there shouldn't be many suprises. The interesting thing will be if schools start bringing in girls to visit before giving offers. With the change to allowing official visits in junior year, it would be good to see the girls get that opportunity to visit before having to act. That's the way that it should be in my opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is plan B. People are delusional. There are very few exceptional players and a ton of very good players. Those very good players start getting traction when the few exceptional turn down schools. Its not a bad thing. Own the fast that most of our daughters are just really really good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
September 1st is around the corner...

Has anyone heard anything interesting?

Are calls being pre-arranged, home visits planned, official visit dates reserved?

-a curious bystander

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are calls being pre-arranged, home visits planned, official visit dates reserved?

-a curious bystander

Hard to tell what can be learned from the opening of Sept 1st for the 2020 age group, as far as chaos at midnight. Many of the top schools were done with this year recruiting class, and many of the blue chip players were already committed before it shut down. Certainly some players have bloomed into top recruits that did not show or commit before the shut down, so you will see some scurry activity. The real interesting year will be when hunting season opens on the 2021s next year.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

-a curious bystander

Hard to tell what can be learned from the opening of Sept 1st for the 2020 age group, as far as chaos at midnight. Many of the top schools were done with this year recruiting class, and many of the blue chip players were already committed before it shut down. Certainly some players have bloomed into top recruits that did not show or commit before the shut down, so you will see some scurry activity. The real interesting year will be when hunting season opens on the 2021s next year.

I wonder if we'll see much in the way of de-committing/switching?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

-a curious bystander

I think there are lots of Top schools that have quite a few slots allotted for the 2020's this weekend. And of course, "top' schools could be relative. it should be about education first, and from what I've read the top ranked academic schools that are top 25 lacrosse schools have plenty of slots to fill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sept1st Midnight stories?
Was there any significant roster spots open on the top teams? I heard of at least one high profile player decommitting and having trouble with any good landing spots as most of those top programs are done on those big commitments. The bulk of recruiting is still going on for most players/programs. Kids who play fall sports and need to visit schools are extra stressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was there any significant roster spots open on the top teams? I heard of at least one high profile player decommitting and having trouble with any good landing spots as most of those top programs are done on those big commitments. The bulk of recruiting is still going on for most players/programs. Kids who play fall sports and need to visit schools are extra stressed.

If my kid was playing high school field hockey and was looking to commit to a D1 lax program I dont think she would be stressed out about missing a field hockey game to go visit a school, go to a camp or clinic at the college she desired.......... but that's just me. Its called prioritizing, something you may want to teach your stressed out kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If my kid was playing high school field hockey and was looking to commit to a D1 lax program I dont think she would be stressed out about missing a field hockey game to go visit a school, go to a camp or clinic at the college she desired.......... but that's just me. Its called prioritizing, something you may want to teach your stressed out kid.

It is called a team sport and its called being committed to your team. Your selfish attitude is why this sport is such a mess. Go to goal....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try thinking out of your own little priority box! Not all coaches are ok with kids missing games or even weekend practice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try thinking out of your own little priority box! Not all coaches are ok with kids missing games or even weekend practice.

Really? either the player misses one game to visit a College ( I wouldn't want to play for an educator who doesn't understand this) or the entire season..your childs future is way more important than the results of an LI field hockey game...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what's your priority - committing to a D1 lax school and the future college and education of of your daughter or upsetting the field hockey coach you will never see again? It's in your hands now. Think long and hard!You seem like the type of person that struggles with your Starbucks order.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what's your priority - committing to a D1 lax school and the future college and education of of your daughter or upsetting the field hockey coach you will never see again? It's in your hands now. Think long and hard!You seem like the type of person that struggles with your Starbucks order.

Oh, I understand, Your daughter doesn't play for a HS state championship FH or Lax team where the coach is the same person. You never see your FH coach again, others do. You seem like the type of person who will stuggle to pay for college without lax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No reason to miss a game to go visit a college. Learn to manage your time and communicate. I am sure that college coaches love recruiting players who are selfish enough to leave their TEAM hanging and miss a game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess the tryout for 2023 Team USA starts at UNC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations . Go Heels. Great player , great decision .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Gary Gait might think otherwise

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]For those wondering about de-commits:
https://mobile.twitter.com/ILWomen/status/1043991499623600128

Is CR going to update this decommit on the YJ website she had a heck of a career for them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To busy butting heads with Reggie Thorpe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this forum dead? Where have all the 2020’s gone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most are in second period right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did everyone go? This forum use to be packed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did everyone go? This forum use to be packed

By Junior year most parents realize that they were wasting their time living through their kids.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard