BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36
Re: Boys 2025-6th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels has a good turnout today for tryouts. Some real talent showing up for them. And they still have another tryout tomorrow, plus another one mid August I think. They should be able to pull together a good team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels - enough talent for an A level team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assistant coach for the Rebels who used to be assistant coach for the Geese is really impressive at the Rebels tryouts. Really a shame that the Geese lost him.
Combining him as assistant coach with the Commack varsity coach as head coach is a great coaching team. And there supposed to have another coach as well joining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw empire was in a couple of championship games

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best options for private goalie training in Nassau? thanks for any info

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
seems worth checking out. how many kids at tryouts? thinking could be good if only taking the best 22 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes sense as to all the Legacy helmets there. Parents should realize you go where the coaching is and the commitment level of the coaches that are there. Impressive if all those Legacy helmets are there for him or is it the current status of legacy 2025? Who knows.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i saw empire was in a couple of championship games

Not sure where you saw that. Empire 2025 generally loses their games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best options for private goalie training in Nassau? thanks for any info

The b.o. guys are pretty decent. Went to the D.L one once and it was more of a meat market, Just sign up as many kids as possible and not a lot of reps. might be better looking at local options who specialize in training, local indoor training place that does stuff or finding a local college or high school kid as a cheaper option. Ridiculous how expensive it costs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of kids at Rebels and Express today?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assistant coach for the Rebels who used to be assistant coach for the Geese is really impressive at the Rebels tryouts. Really a shame that the Geese lost him.
Combining him as assistant coach with the Commack varsity coach as head coach is a great coaching team. And there supposed to have another coach as well joining.

I think 2025 will be there best team. 2024 will be decent but the older teams will be bad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 EAST coaching is weak and very hostile

all new coaches consisting of the Reh's.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think 2025 will be there best team. 2024 will be decent but the older teams will be bad.

I didnt stay around for 2024, but 2025 shows real promise. Lots of talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The b.o. guys are pretty decent. Went to the D.L one once and it was more of a meat market, Just sign up as many kids as possible and not a lot of reps. might be better looking at local options who specialize in training, local indoor training place that does stuff or finding a local college or high school kid as a cheaper option. Ridiculous how expensive it costs.

Dynamic Lacrosse goalie training is a waste of time and money. Huge amounts of kids, low reps and very few if any qualified trainers. Most "trainers" are Farmingdale players just shooting on kids. The "Directors" coaching consists of them showing up on occasion and talking to their cronies.

BO is supposedly good but I've never had my kid there. Best bet is to grab a varsity goalie and have them meet you at your local high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wasn't a big fan of BO goaltending. For the same price you can get a private one on one lesson with a good coach. Chris Gill is great with the kids. He does his stuff out of commack HS. One thing I've discovered very quickly. People don't look to give out the names of their goalie coaches. They are afraid they can't get a session if to many people use him/her. I think thats childish. Don't just book a coach based on what program he/she played for. Some of the best goalies out of the best programs were terrible coaches for one on one sessions. Best of luck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2025 is their best team? I wish the club all the best, but the 2025s aren’t a team until deposits are in, kids do tryout for multiple clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lot of kids at Rebels and Express today?

Express was fine solid numbers and had their top talent on display. Some other really good non express players were there as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are Islip helmets. Legacy Geese returned all the top kids plus added some additions with room for a few more high quality families.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to make the right selection between the "B" Talent teams for my son - 24, Hitmen, and Icon. Any help here would be more than appreciated. Opinions on their 2025 teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to make the right selection between the "B" Talent teams for my son - 24, Hitmen, and Icon. Any help here would be more than appreciated. Opinions on their 2025 teams?

Pick the coach!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2025 is their best team? I wish the club all the best, but the 2025s aren’t a team until deposits are in, kids do tryout for multiple clubs.

Of course thats the case. The fact is thats the case for any team holding tryouts.
But if you went to Rebels tryouts and spoke to them, then you would understand why many of us have them on the top of our list for clubs our kids have tried out for.
And actually I know for a fact they have locked in some talented players already from their pretryout camp. And they are not going to take more than 18-22 kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are Islip helmets. Legacy Geese returned all the top kids plus added some additions with room for a few more high quality families.

Your just not fully aware. There are Geese players trying out for other teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you sure? Geese flock has splintered. Cant get rid of the daddy coach syndrome

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check out tourney for how the teams did in their tournaments in 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fully aware .Geese kids are signed up and ready to go. The others left last year. Teams just like to use the 91/Express and Geese kids to sell the other parents. Tryouts are over and the kids that went accepted. If they move it’s going to be to one of the other 2 teams or Igloo so they have a shot to play in the WSYL. .They are not looking to go to a team for cool gear. These kids are all very good and got to that level with the help from the teams that have played on and kids they played with. Adding them into a new system doesn’t guarantee any success nor continued progress in their development

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express is better

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fully aware .Geese kids are signed up and ready to go. The others left last year. Teams just like to use the 91/Express and Geese kids to sell the other parents. Tryouts are over and the kids that went accepted. If they move it’s going to be to one of the other 2 teams or Igloo so they have a shot to play in the WSYL. .They are not looking to go to a team for cool gear. These kids are all very good and got to that level with the help from the teams that have played on and kids they played with. Adding them into a new system doesn’t guarantee any success nor continued progress in their development

Correct. The Rebels would be a success if they lost by 10 or less to the top teams. Because all the kids are good, but the top players from each team don’t often move.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those were definitely geese helmets. I spoke with a dad of one of them on the sidelines. There were also some at 91 and express tryouts. The entire attack left, two three defensemen gone, goalie gone, half the midfielders went bye bye but the dads kid is still there and so is the dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. The Rebels would be a success if they lost by 10 or less to the top teams. Because all the kids are good, but the top players from each team don’t often move.

LOL
The top kids on teams like 91 and Express are not the top kids by the following year.
Those coaches are about aquiring not developing.
There will always be someone they are poaching.
And then the kids who used to be on top will be looking elsewhere.
Already has happened on these teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree, the five best players left legacy mid season and a few more after the season. There’s always movement for different reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie Dad sighting at RASH try outs last night

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which goalie dad??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Goalie Dad sighting at RASH try outs last night

Talk to a professional and get help. You need it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Assuming the father of the girl from 91 that tried out for 2024.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They live out there and why not. You people act like a paying customer should have no choice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course thats the case. The fact is thats the case for any team holding tryouts.
But if you went to Rebels tryouts and spoke to them, then you would understand why many of us have them on the top of our list for clubs our kids have tried out for.
And actually I know for a fact they have locked in some talented players already from their pretryout camp. And they are not going to take more than 18-22 kids.

A fact? That they locked up players before the real tryout? C’mon, stop. I can see writing down pinnies and listing players that they want to see again and saying can’t to see you at tryouts. If that’s true and they would lose credibility about their transparency. They are not notIntelligent. They are choosing kids for a brand new team and they won’t make promises beforehand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree, the five best players left legacy mid season and a few more after the season. There’s always movement for different reasons.

OMG, uncle. One posts says the team left. The next post says the opposite. Lol. One thing for sure. Express is still the best team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on S2S? Have they made their calls?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And was cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A fact? That they locked up players before the real tryout? C’mon, stop. I can see writing down pinnies and listing players that they want to see again and saying can’t to see you at tryouts. If that’s true and they would lose credibility about their transparency. They are not notIntelligent. They are choosing kids for a brand new team and they won’t make promises beforehand.

They were completely transparent.
Look at your first email reminding you about supplemental pretryout. It said:
"We will be selecting players from this camp for spots on the team. "

So there were certain players at that tryout that received invitations. But these were clearly the exceptional kids at that tryout.
Others they needed to see more at regular tryouts before deciding.

They have told everyone at tryouts today and it was stated in email prior to this weeks tryouts:
"We will be in touch end of the week with evaluations and invitations. "

So some people will get invitations after these tryouts.
But others may need to be seen at final tryout on Aug 18.

You cant get more transparent. Plus if you ever reach out and talk to them, they have been very open about the entire process. Communication has been amazing.

Page 4 of 36 1 2 3 4 5 6 35 36

Link Copied to Clipboard