BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34
Re: Girls 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hey buddy..... Legacy came in LAST place of the 7 teams in the group.
LAST!!! Yes they tied the first place team in game 1, but they still went winless and came in LAST!!
Your skewed rankings have them 4th but when the girls played on the field, the standings had them LAST! Sometimes the facts get in the way

My daughter plays for TG, and I thought Legacy has improved quite a bit. I would put-them ahead of YJB, Their losses were close, to good teams. Grizzlies is a VERY talented team that you don't see that often at the competitive tournaments. They are similar to Monsters. Those girls come from traditional Lax powerhouses in Conn. As for Igloo, I agree that they do't play together as a team, The "stars" were ball hogs, and just too slow to keep up with TG. That said, we all know that any of the top teams can have a bad game, where thing are just not going your way, and go from bad to worse. It has happened to TG, YJA and Igloo, those three team could exchange wins/losses any given day.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo is a good team, but they don't play as a team. Once coaches adjust their D, then those select few become highly less effective, and the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. TG may have given them their first loss of the summer, but I feel that if Igloo was able to get into some more competitive tournaments this Summer, they would have a few more losses on the record. I'd look forward to seeing Igloo in MD next season. With that said, I wish them luck @ Nationals.

Igloo can't get into the Maryland tournaments its a 2 team club. They are too small and need to merge with a larger club for recruiting purposes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Legacy looked very good at the LI Classic. They tied Igloo. Igloo looked good at times, but completely fell apart in the championship game, where they were blown out by TG. I think we have a new LI pecking order:
TG
YJA
Igloo
Legacy
YJB
Jesters
Empire
Elevate

TG
Igloo
YJA (have never beaten Igloo)
Elevate (beat Jesters tied Empire)
Empire (beat Jesters tied Elevate)
Jesters (beat Legacy)
Legacy
YJB (haven't looked good playing B teams this summer)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo is a good team, but they don't play as a team. Once coaches adjust their D, then those select few become highly less effective, and the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. TG may have given them their first loss of the summer, but I feel that if Igloo was able to get into some more competitive tournaments this Summer, they would have a few more losses on the record. I'd look forward to seeing Igloo in MD next season. With that said, I wish them luck @ Nationals.

Your first sentence is 100% correct and it will affect the team at Nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo is a good team, but they don't play as a team. Once coaches adjust their D, then those select few become highly less effective, and the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. TG may have given them their first loss of the summer, but I feel that if Igloo was able to get into some more competitive tournaments this Summer, they would have a few more losses on the record. I'd look forward to seeing Igloo in MD next season. With that said, I wish them luck @ Nationals.

Igloo can't get into the Maryland tournaments its a 2 team club. They are too small and need to merge with a larger club for recruiting purposes.

Igloo will be merging with another big club soon.....keep tuned in.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This ranking and these comments are nails on. YJA did beat Igloo at Farmingdale a few years back so “never” is a tiny exaggeration but in this modern era of the last 2 years they are 0-2. Therefore, until Beaten, I agree with them as 3rd and all the others. Legacy did also tie Empire but with 1 goal loss ro Jesters did put them in Last and where they end your ranking ahead of YJB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This ranking and these comments are nails on. YJA did beat Igloo at Farmingdale a few years back so “never” is a tiny exaggeration but in this modern era of the last 2 years they are 0-2. Therefore, until Beaten, I agree with them as 3rd and all the others. Legacy did also tie Empire but with 1 goal loss ro Jesters did put them in Last and where they end your ranking ahead of YJB.

0-2?? Igloo beat YJA 2x this year and 2x last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals looks like a poor showing with mediocre teams. They clearly did not reach their 16 team per division money grab they were going for...2024 only has 5 teams with 2 of them being YJ. The tournament looks more like a YJ club picnic then a lacrosse tournament, 30 percent of the teams in the tournament are YJ.

The schedule was released, then removed, brackets switched around to most likely help the NXT team as they switched to the B bracket....total joke.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Except no one has been on the team 12 months because the try outs are in the fall/winter...lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the problem playing for a club like igloo, even if they were the absolute best team in the country (and your not), the college coaches have no idea, never even heard of igloo. Yes a few kids may eventually get recruited to decent schools, but the bottom 3/4 of the team will never get a benefit of the doubt that much more established clubs will get. Just the way it is.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No, only played them 1sr game of the season this year and at Nationals last year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site is boring. Why all the jealousy and name calling? Not everyone can be the best team. Who cares? Good luck to TG in their home tourny. Excellent club with top director and spotless reputation. YJ- another excellent club with long time director and countless players going on to top schools. Igloo- don’t know too much other tan they are very $$$$ and the 2023 team is blowing everyone away. Empire- havent been tested against the next level. Maybe this weekend but the parents very happy. Jesters- longs time director of many boys programs and a top recruiting director with MHS varsity coach taking a role. They haven’t beaten the top teams but they have played them and are in the mix. Legacy- same as empire. Haven’tbeen there yet. We’ll see tomorrow. What happened to liberty? Have they been anywhere this year? All the same excellent reputation and Family’s love their club. Now let’s all band together for these Long Island girls and see what they can do against our neighbors from Maryland pa New Jersey and Connecticut at Nationals.

Awesome post! Agree!

Top director and spotless reputation? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a serious question. When did Igloo beat yja twice this year ? it happened once in Pennsylvania in the first tournament this year and having trouble figuring out the second time ? Prior to last year YJA beat igloo twice in one tournament. Igloo beat YJA twice at Nationals last year . Apparently YJA is allergic to line changes and igloo knows it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a serious question. When did Igloo beat yja twice this year ? it happened once in Pennsylvania in the first tournament this year and having trouble figuring out the second time ? Prior to last year YJA beat igloo twice in one tournament. Igloo beat YJA twice at Nationals last year . Apparently YJA is allergic to line changes and igloo knows it.

Igloo is better than YJA. Beat them down already this summer and are ready to do it again. YJA can’t get out of their own way and we’re not worried about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals looks like a poor showing with mediocre teams. They clearly did not reach their 16 team per division money grab they were going for...2024 only has 5 teams with 2 of them being YJ. The tournament looks more like a YJ club picnic then a lacrosse tournament, 30 percent of the teams in the tournament are YJ.

The schedule was released, then removed, brackets switched around to most likely help the NXT team as they switched to the B bracket....total joke.

Where is the schedule posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tourney machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Nationals looks like a poor showing with mediocre teams. They clearly did not reach their 16 team per division money grab they were going for...2024 only has 5 teams with 2 of them being YJ. The tournament looks more like a YJ club picnic then a lacrosse tournament, 30 percent of the teams in the tournament are YJ.

Where is the schedule posted?

It was on tourney machine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]No, only played them 1sr game of the season this year and at Nationals last year

0-3 last 3 games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]This is a serious question. When did Igloo beat yja twice this year ? it happened once in Pennsylvania in the first tournament this year and having trouble figuring out the second time ? Prior to last year YJA beat igloo twice in one tournament. Igloo beat YJA twice at Nationals last year . Apparently YJA is allergic to line changes and igloo knows it.

You can be sure Thorn and her minion daddy coaches will make adjustments for the next show down with Igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is the problem playing for a club like igloo, even if they were the absolute best team in the country (and your not), the college coaches have no idea, never even heard of igloo. Yes a few kids may eventually get recruited to decent schools, but the bottom 3/4 of the team will never get a benefit of the doubt that much more established clubs will get. Just the way it is.

What a ridiculous statement. Remember if you are really that good they dont care if you play for Igloo or TG or F$G for that matter; they will find you.
Igloo has a few kids on their team that started for power conf varsity teams; u think college coaches care what club they are donating their $$$ to.........absolutely not. In 7th grade the kids should be playing and having fun, and working on their skills and when the tourneys are done like they mostly are, then go grab a soccer ball or volleyball and have some fun. Be an athlete, change it up, and most of all, have some fun....if you are good which alot of kids are on long island are whether they suit up for the YJ's or the Bandits they will find you, and guess what, those 4 college years will FLY bye.....so relax and go out and have some yep you got it....... FUN.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This site is boring. Why all the jealousy and name calling? Not everyone can be the best team. Who cares? Good luck to TG in their home tourny. Excellent club with top director and spotless reputation. YJ- another excellent club with long time director and countless players going on to top schools. Igloo- don’t know too much other tan they are very $$$$ and the 2023 team is blowing everyone away. Empire- havent been tested against the next level. Maybe this weekend but the parents very happy. Jesters- longs time director of many boys programs and a top recruiting director with MHS varsity coach taking a role. They haven’t beaten the top teams but they have played them and are in the mix. Legacy- same as empire. Haven’tbeen there yet. We’ll see tomorrow. What happened to liberty? Have they been anywhere this year? All the same excellent reputation and Family’s love their club. Now let’s all band together for these Long Island girls and see what they can do against our neighbors from Maryland pa New Jersey and Connecticut at Nationals.

Awesome post! Agree!

Check the yellow jacket thread, SS was almost thrown out of a tournament for verbally abusing her own players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome post! Agree!

Check the yellow jacket thread, SS was almost thrown out of a tournament for verbally abusing her own players

Almost? I bet your daughter almost made the A team too. Give me a break. Keep up the gossip! Ever see Thorn abuse the players, now that is disgusting!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome post! Agree!

Almost? I bet your daughter almost made the A team too. Give me a break. Keep up the gossip! Ever see Thorn abuse the players, now that is disgusting!

This person speaks the truth! ^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome post! Agree!

Have the referee's ever had to get the tournament director at halftime of a game because they were shocked by the behavior of a club/college coach? That's your TG director!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Awesome post! Agree!

Have the referee's ever had to call a tournament director at halftime of a game because they were shocke by the behavior of a club/college coach? That's your TG director!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake news, but nice try

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As you start to look at clubs for next year, make sure you know what is and is not included. We got burned paying for A LOT of practices at Elevate this year. IN addition to paying for winter practices, we had to pay for several outdoor spring practices. At $40 per practice at a field the club owner barely pays for if at all at Trinity HS, each kid was paying $40 per practice. So this issue with this on top of the $$$ is that not all the parents want to dish out $40 for practices in April and early May and that means you aren't practicing with your entire team as you go into travel season. Regardless of the club, just be aware of what you are getting when you sign up. Elevate was clearly NOT up front regarding all costs involved with their club. There was also a lot of discrepancy as far as how much each team practiced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The US Lacrosse Nationals 2018 schedule is back up on Tourney Machine;

U12 (2024) has 1 pool, with a total of 5 teams, two of them being YJ
U13 (2023) has 2 pools, with a total of 10 teams, two of them being YJ (a YJ team in each pool)
U14 (2022) has 1 pool, with a total of 9 teams, three of them being YJ

This tournament has gone downhill fast these past two years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know anything about "Garden City Tradition" Travel team at this age group vs the Medusa Club? Just looking to stay local. And I have to say, it's pretty silly to have 2 clubs in such a small town. why not merge?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That can not be... YJ dad said this event is the TRUE indicator of the best team in the world. All the other teams that are not going are hold back cheaters and are afraid to attend without their high school aged girls.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC tradition is a town team only. Medusa is open to players from any town. Therefore, they can't merge.

If you are a GC resident, tryout for the GC Tradition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

U13 (2023) has 2 pools, with a total of 10 teams, two of them being YJ (a YJ team in each pool)

Sooo......people are shelling out big$$ to travel to Delaware to find out who is the best YJ team? You can’t make this stuff up. What amazes me is how parents buy into this. The girls side is starting to become as bad as the boys, with a “National” tournament every weekend. Do people actually believe this stuff? A quality tournament is one where the best teams in the age group are in attendance. Problem is, this National tournament does not have any of the best teams there. It has also seemed to get worse and worse every year. For those who still want to play lacrosse, Lake Placid would be a much better idea this time of year, because it’s about having fun with family and the lacrosse is much more low key. So, YJs, please pipe down about your fake Championship. Nobody cares. Let us know when you beat M&D, Heros, or TG, then we’ll be impressed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't know if that true or not, but the reason a lot of teams don't go to this event is in fact the because they age out and don't meet the age rules according to US Lacrosse and you are now not allowed to pull up kids from some of the younger teams unless they participated with the attending team in more than 1 tournament. What they probably meant was that from an birth year perspective, it is a good indicator of where you stand with kids that are actually the "same age". Just an aside.... If you had a problem with the dads statement , why didn't you say something instead of calling him out on a blog ? Sounds like you are a disgruntled YJ parent if you are hanging with YJ people .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am very surprised how few teams are going to the National Lacrosse tournament next weekend. It can't all be about the age rules. US Lacrosse has to either fix this tournament or eliminate it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sooo......people are shelling out big$$ to travel to Delaware to find out who is the best YJ team? You can’t make this stuff up. What amazes me is how parents buy into this. The girls side is starting to become as bad as the boys, with a “National” tournament every weekend. Do people actually believe this stuff? A quality tournament is one where the best teams in the age group are in attendance. Problem is, this National tournament does not have any of the best teams there. It has also seemed to get worse and worse every year. For those who still want to play lacrosse, Lake Placid would be a much better idea this time of year, because it’s about having fun with family and the lacrosse is much more low key. So, YJs, please pipe down about your fake Championship. Nobody cares. Let us know when you beat M&D, Heros, or TG, then we’ll be impressed.

You're right and you're wrong.. this current edition of the US lacrosse National Championship is pitiful, a joke and a waste of time and Money. where you're wrong is that your club should be here, you should want to be here. this should be the pinnacle of the lacrosse season. its a US Lacrosse Event ( US Lacrosse makes the rules we all play by, try's to grow the game inside and outside the US and provides the insurance at events and many other benefits to our kids )
I would like to see the top teams meet and slug it out for the title..take a look at the US lacrosse website and see all the teams that qualified... i don't get why nobody wants to play in it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are choosing to skip Nationals because the competition is just not there anymore. There is no recruiting going on. Igloo 2023 will go because they want to defend a title (I guess I understand that). YJ will go because they convinced the parents that it actually means something (what it actually means is $$$ from parents in the YJ Bank Account). Just look at the low turnout of teams this year. The US Lacrosse goal was to take the top 16 qualifying teams in each age group. The most they have for on e age group is 10. So many teams were invited to participate, but declined. Let's be clear, it's not just the teams with major travel issues/expenses that are declining. Several of those declining teams are from MD, NJ, DE, NY, PA.

To the person who posted earlier, it's not an player "age out" thing for some teams. In fact a few of the clubs last year were guilty of "tweaking" their rosters, by bringing in guest players from their other teams. YJ was a big offender with their 2021 team. CR summoned a 2020 to play, that happened to fit the U14 age parameters set by US Lacrosse. CR wanted that publicity for her club when they won, and she got.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
US Lacrosse ruined this tournament when they took away the U15 age group. They went for a money grab and added all of the younger ages and made them play modified checking. If they brought back the U15 and only had a U14 division it would be a much better tournament. As it is now it an expensive PAL tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So says the TG parent. Last time I checked TG lost to M&D a couple of weeks ago in MD by 2 just like YJ did . A final which you would not have made if YJ didn't beat Monsters in the last game. Ungrateful lowlife. Your welcome . Both team were in the toughest division and YJ went 3-1 and TG want 4-0. What is wrong with you people . So nice to our face and cowards online. It was like you won the Superbowl last year when you beat YJ by 1 goal after a 7 Minute stall and now it's nothing tournament ? You people are so hypocritically transparent its ridiculous. butt clowns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC tradition is a town team only. Medusa is open to players from any town. Therefore, they can't merge.

If you are a GC resident, tryout for the GC Tradition.

If you plan on playing in college play for Liberty, especially if you're interested in top academic schools

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are choosing to skip Nationals because the competition is just not there anymore. There is no recruiting going on. Igloo 2023 will go because they want to defend a title (I guess I understand that). YJ will go because they convinced the parents that it actually means something (what it actually means is $$$ from parents in the YJ Bank Account). Just look at the low turnout of teams this year. The US Lacrosse goal was to take the top 16 qualifying teams in each age group. The most they have for on e age group is 10. So many teams were invited to participate, but declined. Let's be clear, it's not just the teams with major travel issues/expenses that are declining. Several of those declining teams are from MD, NJ, DE, NY, PA.

To the person who posted earlier, it's not an player "age out" thing for some teams. In fact a few of the clubs last year were guilty of "tweaking" their rosters, by bringing in guest players from their other teams. YJ was a big offender with their 2021 team. CR summoned a 2020 to play, that happened to fit the U14 age parameters set by US Lacrosse. CR wanted that publicity for her club when they won, and she got.

CR summoned 1 2020, TG had several. Didn’t matter as YJ walked through all teams with or with out the 2020. The only time that this tactic ever worked was the one year Top Guns actually did win, it was Sam Apuzzo playing a year down. But not really she, just like every other player who has ever done it, was age eligible to participate, and made the difference in a one goal game. Tournament is becoming less popular every year, you ask teams to come from all across the country to get their butt kicked, probably worse then they have ever had before, eventually those teams stop coming. Used to be a much better tournament when it was a 1 age group event, expanding to multiple age groups has also killed this thing. My older kids it was one year and done, and everyone looked forward to it, now we dread this thing as it plays out for multiple years.

Page 33 of 34 1 2 31 32 33 34

Link Copied to Clipboard