Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Igloo is a good team, but they don't play as a team. Once coaches adjust their D, then those select few become highly less effective, and the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. TG may have given them their first loss of the summer, but I feel that if Igloo was able to get into some more competitive tournaments this Summer, they would have a few more losses on the record. I'd look forward to seeing Igloo in MD next season. With that said, I wish them luck @ Nationals.

Igloo can't get into the Maryland tournaments its a 2 team club. They are too small and need to merge with a larger club for recruiting purposes.

That is the problem playing for a club like igloo, even if they were the absolute best team in the country (and your not), the college coaches have no idea, never even heard of igloo. Yes a few kids may eventually get recruited to decent schools, but the bottom 3/4 of the team will never get a benefit of the doubt that much more established clubs will get. Just the way it is.

What a ridiculous statement. Remember if you are really that good they dont care if you play for Igloo or TG or F$G for that matter; they will find you.
Igloo has a few kids on their team that started for power conf varsity teams; u think college coaches care what club they are donating their $$$ to.........absolutely not. In 7th grade the kids should be playing and having fun, and working on their skills and when the tourneys are done like they mostly are, then go grab a soccer ball or volleyball and have some fun. Be an athlete, change it up, and most of all, have some fun....if you are good which alot of kids are on long island are whether they suit up for the YJ's or the Bandits they will find you, and guess what, those 4 college years will FLY bye.....so relax and go out and have some yep you got it....... FUN.