BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Madlax brought them in and kicked their Capital 2023 team to the curb. The team will win a lot this year, but will be less impressive as the years go on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Son went to school with two of the boys and they are supposed to be rising 10th graders ! 2021. That is so bad and that’s just two he knew

Watched part of the game with my son. The craziest thing was the Dog parents cheering like they won the lottery at the end! If their kids are rising 10th graders, that’s 15! Most 2023 kids are 12/13! You’re cheering because you beat kids 2 and 3 years younger??? I don’t get it. What am I missing here? Seems pretty embarrassing to me.

I know I'm old and all an my memory escapes me from time to time, but DC Dogs lost the championship to True right? Why would they have been acting like they won something?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The lefty attack is definitely from next level. He scored one goal against bandits. Other than that was ineffective. Got pulled out of the game early in the 3rd quarter after a bandits defenseman took the ball away from him

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Son went to school with two of the boys and they are supposed to be rising 10th graders ! 2021. That is so bad and that’s just two he knew

Watched part of the game with my son. The craziest thing was the Dog parents cheering like they won the lottery at the end! If their kids are rising 10th graders, that’s 15! Most 2023 kids are 12/13! You’re cheering because you beat kids 2 and 3 years younger??? I don’t get it. What am I missing here? Seems pretty embarrassing to me. [/quote
That's what it has become. Win at all costs. You cant even say that the boys are getting better playing against kids 2 to 3 years younger. The dogs with much older kids even took the best kids from another team just to try to win. Disgrace.

This is ridiculous- every time someone loses to a team they make excuses about the kids being older. It just isn’t true. Even the MIAA has eligibility rules - can’t be 19 before entering your senior year of high school. Do you really think that people would risk missing a season of highschool ball to play youth lacrosse...do the math, it’s just not probable.

Just because a kid is big, does not mean he is older. There’s this thing called puberty that rears it’s ugly head right about now. One of the biggest and most talented kids on my sons team is the youngest by far. The few summer birthday ‘holdbacks’ are some of the smallest kids on his team.

Let’s just chalk it up to a good team and a competitive season with no one truly dominating like they have in the past. Hawks, DC Dogs, Team 91, Express, Dukes, ACS, True, have all proven to be worthy opponents... hopefully they all play again soon. There always has to be a winner and a lost. Seems like some adults need to learn that just as much as the kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son went to school with two of the boys and they are supposed to be rising 10th graders ! 2021. That is so bad and that’s just two he knew

Watched part of the game with my son. The craziest thing was the Dog parents cheering like they won the lottery at the end! If their kids are rising 10th graders, that’s 15! Most 2023 kids are 12/13! You’re cheering because you beat kids 2 and 3 years younger??? I don’t get it. What am I missing here? Seems pretty embarrassing to me.

I know I'm old and all an my memory escapes me from time to time, but DC Dogs lost the championship to True right? Why would they have been acting like they won something?

Ever hear of the Catholic Mafia? They are insufferable

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True was bigger than DC Dogs. Even the ESPN announcers acknowledged that. Stop the whining and just watch them play. When boys get recruited, no one cares how their 8th grade team did.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Son went to school with two of the boys and they are supposed to be rising 10th graders ! 2021. That is so bad and that’s just two he knew

Watched part of the game with my son. The craziest thing was the Dog parents cheering like they won the lottery at the end! If their kids are rising 10th graders, that’s 15! Most 2023 kids are 12/13! You’re cheering because you beat kids 2 and 3 years younger??? I don’t get it. What am I missing here? Seems pretty embarrassing to me. [/quote
That's what it has become. Win at all costs. You cant even say that the boys are getting better playing against kids 2 to 3 years younger. The dogs with much older kids even took the best kids from another team just to try to win. Disgrace.

This is ridiculous- every time someone loses to a team they make excuses about the kids being older. It just isn’t true. Even the MIAA has eligibility rules - can’t be 19 before entering your senior year of high school. Do you really think that people would risk missing a season of highschool ball to play youth lacrosse...do the math, it’s just not probable.

Just because a kid is big, does not mean he is older. There’s this thing called puberty that rears it’s ugly head right about now. One of the biggest and most talented kids on my sons team is the youngest by far. The few summer birthday ‘holdbacks’ are some of the smallest kids on his team.

Let’s just chalk it up to a good team and a competitive season with no one truly dominating like they have in the past. Hawks, DC Dogs, Team 91, Express, Dukes, ACS, True, have all proven to be worthy opponents... hopefully they all play again soon. There always has to be a winner and a lost. Seems like some adults need to learn that just as much as the kids.

No, There is a reason why the vitriol is aimed at allowing older players to compete against younger players in youth sports. Simple reason..IT IS WRONG .

Apologists like you need to realize giving an advantage to a select group of children goes against everything that is taught to our youth of today.

Thinking that all these kids are not older ( prefirst/reclass/heldback/failed.etc) and telling us it is puberty is laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please. The day this sport forces players to disclose age and honor age restrictions is the day all these holdback corner cutters will hate. Stop justifying how they game the system as if there was any honor in that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Shore 2 Shore win over the DC Dogs looks pretty impressive. The D.C. Dogas are on a run since that game. Who is Shore?

They weren’t so impressive in Denver...... hmmmmm. Now why would that be ??!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True was bigger than DC Dogs. Even the ESPN announcers acknowledged that. Stop the whining and just watch them play. When boys get recruited, no one cares how their 8th grade team did.

Saw both teams last week at Milon and no way is True bigger than DC. True isn't small and has one enormous pole that doesn't play, but Dogs had 10 kids as big as the 1-2 big middies True had. Its funny Dogs won last week and than added the kids from Next Level, that is pretty pathetic....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok if you want to call out the holdbacks i understand and I am fine with it. But when you use age gaps that are just to far apart you sound dumb. The worse case holdback/reclass kid is 18 months older then the youngest kid. If any kid holds back longer then this gap they will not be able to play SR. year in high school. Someone else can please chime in here and explain the Prep school 5th year SR. rules. Feel free

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was interesting that the accouncers could not find many of the True players on the roster they were provided. They also commented at how large the rosters were but how little the teams subbed mentioning burn out for these young players. In addition how the parents screamed at everything. Sort of a summary of many things wrong with youth lacrosse. However considering who the announcer was it is not as if he is not a part of the problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree colleges don't care about how players performed in an 8th grade tournament, but lets level the playing field. The 2023 tournaments are a sham. You have high school eligible athletes playing against kids that haven't reached puberty. In most cases, the younger players are much more talented but have trouble keeping up with the size and speed of the older athletes. True was irrelevant and DC Dogs weren't able to enter their all star team in the WSYL (BTW Some of the DC Dogs played for Next Level ). Why? Because their older athletes could not meet the age requirements. Say what you want, but if you want to fairly judge how successful a team is all tournaments should be based on age. Who would win if a varsity teamed played a JV team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By the time the '23's are being recruited, the older kids will be a non-factor. The other boys will have caught up physically and will be better prepared as they've been essentially playing up. Enjoy they next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Saw both teams last week at Milon and no way is True bigger than DC. True isn't small and has one enormous pole that doesn't play, but Dogs had 10 kids as big as the 1-2 big middies True had. Its funny Dogs won last week and than added the kids from Next Level, that is pretty pathetic....

I was at the game since one of my sons played in a later game. I heard a “True” parent tell his son after the celebrations to remember to give them back their Jersey. There was a big kid that had his Long Island Express helmet (which is clear evidence that he is not a member of the team) and I was told (and have listened to it) that if you looked at the game on ESPN that commentators mentioned a few kids that were not on the roster (especially the enormous kid wearing the #61 Jersey).
SO it’s very clear that True added a few impactful new players to the team that played in the finals (versus the remainder of the tournament) that were new,bigger and obviously older than the rest of the team.
A simple example of the difference they made was at the 2023 Championships DC Dogs were able to control the FO but this weekend they could not handle the new faceoff guy.

But that’s the nature of the game, and it will not change until there of photo check-ins prior to FO at these game ( similar to soccer and football).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just a quick note on holdbacks etc. sure there are some but at the end of day talent wins out. a slow, small kid will inevitably end up a slow, small kid. the reality of the situation is there are better athletes playing the game now. they are bigger and faster. kids who's parents played football or hoops and by default were better athletes back in the day. have any of you seen the size and athleticism at an AAU hoops game or FBU football game at this age group?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Dogs only had one kid from NL...the lefty attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just a quick note on holdbacks etc. sure there are some but at the end of day talent wins out. a slow, small kid will inevitably end up a slow, small kid. the reality of the situation is there are better athletes playing the game now. they are bigger and faster. kids who's parents played football or hoops and by default were better athletes back in the day. have any of you seen the size and athleticism at an AAU hoops game or FBU football game at this age group?

Which category is your son in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure that I really follow the point, a holdback is a holdback, regardless of their athletic ability (and there a lot more than "some"). Yes there are players that are more athletic than others, but they should be better playing kids their own age. Obviously, when high school comes around, things level out, and perhaps to the disadvantage of the holdback that has been playing kids 2 or 3 years younger. As for the single tournament guest players, that is simply pathetic, there is absolutely no justification for it, maybe to replace a goalie, but otherwise total nonsense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those big guys on DC Dogs are holdbacks. No shock since most of the team is from Mater Dei.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction...Next year 2023 Team 91 MD wins NLF Championship with MM at head. Heard it here first.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Age is age...and holdback/prefirst is overage for his grade. It is an advantage for sure, And if you are average, It makes you above average at lower ages.

Go to any top tier soccer tournament..Look at U13, U14,U15, U16 etc . It is a slow progression of height and size. I was at a elite Disney Tournament and it was easy to see. Of course there is the occasional outlier. But it is easy to see the progression. Especially up to U17.. All this , He is on age , he is on age is laughable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction...Next year 2023 Team 91 MD wins NLF Championship with MM at head. Heard it here first.

Not with the players on that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite athletes are not held back often and will be elite regardless. There are not many high level athletes playing this game. That is slowly changing. Those are often the kids assumed to be holdbacks or too old. In other sports they would be average size, speed etc. the days of local kids who play thru high school and can use the game to get to college are numbered unless they have size or speed, possibly both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is easy to figure out. The 2023 Team 01 MD is really the 2022 Team 91 MD playing down at 2023. Do you think people are not in tune with what MM is doing? He is a total disgrace to youth lacrosse and his son is following in his footsteps. At some point next year I wouldn't be shocked to see MM tossed out of a game and suspended for another game. Youth lacrosse, at any level/age group would be better off without a donkey like M&M. He is bad for the game and bad in general.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is easy to figure out. The 2023 Team 01 MD is really the 2022 Team 91 MD playing down at 2023. Do you think people are not in tune with what MM is doing? He is a total disgrace to youth lacrosse and his son is following in his footsteps. At some point next year I wouldn't be shocked to see MM tossed out of a game and suspended for another game. Youth lacrosse, at any level/age group would be better off without a donkey like MM. He is bad for the game and bad in general.

If half the stuff said about him is true..you are right. A supposed Ambassadors of the game acting like he does is just bad for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure that I really follow the point, a holdback is a holdback, regardless of their athletic ability (and there a lot more than "some"). Yes there are players that are more athletic than others, but they should be better playing kids their own age. Obviously, when high school comes around, things level out, and perhaps to the disadvantage of the holdback that has been playing kids 2 or 3 years younger. As for the single tournament guest players, that is simply pathetic, there is absolutely no justification for it, maybe to replace a goalie, but otherwise total nonsense.

^^^ What she said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is most of that current team will leave if MM is coming down with his 22 holdback squad. No one wants to deal with that guy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My guess is most of that current team will leave if MM is coming down with his 22 holdback squad. No one wants to deal with that guy.

0-13 55 GF 170 GA in last two years in HoCo, yeah stick with the current situation it’s so much more promising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

0-13 55 GF 170 GA in last two years in HoCo, yeah stick with the current situation it’s so much more promising.

Over those two years, same players. Not one elite players. Starters are AA/A, backups are B.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Over those two years, same players. Not one elite players. Starters are AA/A, backups are B.

This team would not win AA or A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have considered reclassify my son, although he is 100% against it. How do you sell an extra year of school as well as being laughed at by the kids that were in your class the year before..the 2nd is a much bigger issue for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have considered reclassify my son, although he is 100% against it. How do you sell an extra year of school as well as being laughed at by the kids that were in your class the year before..the 2nd is a much bigger issue for him.

Glad to see there is a parent out there who considers his kid’s take on it all. You don’t sell it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And what does the Parent and reclassified kid at the 2024 tryout and first team practice? Hello suckers, could not cut it on age playing with 2023s so I repeated a grade to take your spot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trying to play internet psychologist, but to be honest, why are you pushing something that your son does not want, you may end up turning him off to the sport, and placing unneeded peer pressure on him. Kids have it hard enough these days with their peers, social life, etc. I know that you are probably doing what you think is best for your son, but not sure that it is worth it in the long run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Millon’s Kid is reclassing to 2023 but he is not going to be the 2023 coach? How long before the talent starts flying in to help the 2023s look good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Millon’s Kid is reclassing to 2023 but he is not going to be the 2023 coach? How long before the talent starts flying in to help the 2023s look good?

Well the 2002 team he coached was 1-5 in HoCo so he won a game more than 2023...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well the 2002 team he coached was 1-5 in HoCo so he won a game more than 2023...

This assumes they play in the elite bracket. Should they move down or be moved down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heck my son would love to reclassify - he knows he’d crush it against younger kids who tend to be smaller, slower and less experienced. It’s obvious to him what advantages come with being a year older than other kids on the field. I’m the one discouraging it by promising that those advantages dissipate by junior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

His son is not he only 2022 kid reclassing down.

Page 46 of 47 1 2 44 45 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard