BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Long Island Jesters
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,725
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 45 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 44 45
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Now that was a hysterical response. You’re from MD I’m assuming since you know so much about the coaches. Those coaches would Never pull a player. It seemed like they actually condoned the RR behavior. Especially the short heavy set coach. Obnoxious and deplorable behavior by players coaches and parents on the RR side.

Uh, that short heavy set coach is probably Mark Dixon who is an NCAA ref and ESPN/Big Ten announcer. I really doubt he would do anything to jeopardize either of his positions by condoning or encouraging anything but exemplary conduct by his players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh, know exactly who he is. Just didn’t want to use names like you just did. But since you did I’ll take it from there. That guy is one of the most despised individuals in the lax community. And yes he acts like that every game. Ask around opposing sidelines and see the reaction. And please don’t state what a great player he was. Wasn’t better than 91MD coach and we all know how that is going. Especially you RR people. Your guy not too far behind.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You seem to know a lot for an outsider. Are you a disgruntled 91 parent? There are some of those. Which team are or were you a parent for?

3 years with Millon at Breakers and 91MD 2022 teams. Witnessed all of the stated behavior first hand, on multiple occasions. During practices and games. Getting messages from current players and parents, "I guess you heard it happened again"?. 2 more players quit during the middle of this season. That's 3 years in a row multiple parents said "forget the money" and quit. This LI incident is not his first ejection or public outburst during a game, or after a game. So yes, been there, seen it, moved on. Clearly, nothing has changed after 8 players quit or left the team at the end of last season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the best 5 "B" teams on Long Island? Forget that they should AA or A or whatever.....who are the best 5 2nd teams on LI? I would think United and Igloo are up there....

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

1st teams that are on the same level are True Blue, Hitmen, Empire A and Force

If your son is not playing on one of the elite teams, these are the teams to play for imho

Schwalje won 2 of 5 games in the 'B' division this weekend!
United won 2 of 5 games in the "A" division this weekend and played top tier teams!

Take any Express team out of the conversation other than Chan of course. all 3 other teams stink! The supposed 2nd team Schwaile is not even a B team they lose down in that bracket to below average teams. Chucks and O'Reilly are ever worse! Just Express money grabs to finance the top team !

Fake news, The Schwalje team tied Igloo and lost a one goal game and an overtime game to the 2nd Laxchucetts team this weekend. Got beat by a solid True Blue team, but that's the 4th time the two have played them and it's 2-2.

Huh, Schwalje did not play Igloo last weekend? Is this a highlight reel?

Schwalje played Laxachusetts Green=loss. True Blue=loss. Legacy B=win, Laxachusetts Green=loss, Express Reilly(c team)=barely win
That shows me that they stink !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are the best 5 "B" teams on Long Island? Forget that they should AA or A or whatever.....who are the best 5 2nd teams on LI? I would think United and Igloo are up there....

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

If your son is not playing on one of the elite teams, these are the teams to play for imho

United won 2 of 5 games in the "A" division this weekend and played top tier teams!

you are joking, right. None of these team would even think of playing the teams United played last weekend. You should just take United off the list and replace them with teams that don't play real competition like Legacy, Outlaws or Hitmen. They all pretend to be an A/AA team but are more inline with this list.

United may play in the AA bracket but don't really belong there. They are a B+ team until they Marksberry steals more kids from other teams, simple as that!

Parents need to share info since tryouts are around the corner. Watch out for coaches like Dingleberry and his United team who hold tryouts which mean nothing, add 10 kids throughout the year, always looks to steal good players from other teams instead of training up the kids he has and cut deals with new kids to join his team while other parents pay full tuition. He screams at Refs on the sideline, even yelling at his Asst. Coaches on the sidelines. Dingleberry is everything that is wrong with travel lacrosse. [/quot

It's funny since Dingleberry stole players and has a monster roster and are still only a B+ team ! I have no clue why anyone would want to play for Dingleberry (old yeller)!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that was a hysterical response. You’re from MD I’m assuming since you know so much about the coaches. Those coaches would Never pull a player. It seemed like they actually condoned the RR behavior. Especially the short heavy set coach. Obnoxious and deplorable behavior by players coaches and parents on the RR side.

Uh, that short heavy set coach is probably Mark Dixon who is an NCAA ref and ESPN/Big Ten announcer. I really doubt he would do anything to jeopardize either of his positions by condoning or encouraging anything but exemplary conduct by his players.

Such an upstanding guy that he is a big supporter of holding back even when not needed for schooling- simply to look better for lacrosse like so many other “coaches”. He has never been a symbol of exemplary conduct on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

Take any Express team out of the conversation other than Chan of course. all 3 other teams stink! The supposed 2nd team Schwaile is not even a B team they lose down in that bracket to below average teams. Chucks and O'Reilly are ever worse! Just Express money grabs to finance the top team !

Fake news, The Schwalje team tied Igloo and lost a one goal game and an overtime game to the 2nd Laxchucetts team this weekend. Got beat by a solid True Blue team, but that's the 4th time the two have played them and it's 2-2.

Schwalje played Laxachusetts Green=loss. True Blue=loss. Legacy B=win, Laxachusetts Green=loss, Express Reilly(c team)=barely win

Thanks for your meaningless and false assessment. If stuns me how people either hate on a club or coach and use this as way to get out their feelings. Please tell us what team your son is on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Such an upstanding guy that he is a big supporter of holding back even when not needed for schooling- simply to look better for lacrosse like so many other “coaches”. He has never been a symbol of exemplary conduct on the field.

Man, you are a real jerk. The guy you are trashing is one of the nicest people I have ever met in lacrosse and he is a great, supportive coach. His son is a 2023 playing at 2022. You need to check your facts and go find something better to do, like teach your Outlaw kid some other words besides the word -. Then these issues might stop following your team around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Completely disagree with your assessment of the team, parents or coach and I'm not affiliated with the RRs. Is the coach competitive yes, saucy yes, doing the right things for the kids and setting a good example, yes. No one in MD compares him to MM. LOL at your comments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

This team may not be elite but they certainly don't deserve such harsh words. We are talking about a kids team, right?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, you are a real jerk. The guy you are trashing is one of the nicest people I have ever met in lacrosse and he is a great, supportive coach. His son is a 2023 playing at 2022. You need to check your facts and go find something better to do, like teach your Outlaw kid some other words besides the beep word. Then these issues might stop following your team around.

Guess you don’t know him quite so well. There is another son. Was 2020 and is now 2021. You are welcome to your opinion but others disagree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not from MD or NY but nothing worse then LI parents and coaches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow some classic posts past few weeks but will jump in with both feet as I know many of the teams, coaches, etc involved. Going to hit a lot of topics in one post.

First I am from PA not NY or MD. Kid plays on a 2022 A, borderline AA, team. Beats some AA then in the same tournament gets smacked - inconsistent. But hey he likes the team.

1) RR - have played them many times never a problem. Both PA & MD teams.

2) Outlaws - parents are horrible and kids barely better. Saw them in a DE tournament last year and saw one D player call a Looney kid a curse word and spit on him. Then Outloaw parent freaked out when penallty called and started cussing in front of my 10 year old. Played against them once and thier entire team was calling our one Afircan American kid a racial slur the entire game.

3) MM - it is well known he is crazy on the sideline I have seen it and personally know multiple kids that have quit that team last 2-3 years.

4) MM - also wanted to cmment on one note earlier. That team could be better but MM pushes the entire offense through one kid wich makes the work for any D easy but to make it worse his kid is average not great. He isnt close to as good as HH, ML, SP, etc he is a good but not great player. 91MD is a good team but not great and that is largely due to MM IMO.

5) Regarding "holdbacks" I see alot about those on these forums. First its a personal choice I am against it, unless it is for school or maturity purpose, but its not my kid so I stay out of it. That being said everyone knows MD is the worst by FAR of the classic lacrosse states - if any thing LI kids play up in grade not down. Now the emerging states - especially the football ones like TX, OH, etc - are all holding back big time.

6) Last regarding trash parents no offense that is LI all the way. Its a joke amongst all non LI teams - ah man we gotta go to LI this weekend and get screamed at by XX parents again. MD might be whiny abouut contact - and you guys are - but nothing matches the wrath of LI fans if they are losing. Saw 91 2021 lose to TriState in box last year and you would have thought they had been robbed or just lost the super bowl. Honestly I love seeing LIE, Igloo and 91 parents after they lose. So many excuses and parents cussing.
*For the record I will say that PA - specifially Philly parents - is probably the 2nd worst behind LI

Trash me all you want for this post but I am just saying what you are all thinking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's the Maverick Showcase going? Any good?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Man, you are a real jerk. The guy you are trashing is one of the nicest people I have ever met in lacrosse and he is a great, supportive coach. His son is a 2023 playing at 2022. You need to check your facts and go find something better to do, like teach your Outlaw kid some other words besides the word beep. Then these issues might stop following your team around.

Guess you don’t know him quite so well. There is another son. Was 2020 and is now 2021. You are welcome to your opinion but others disagree.

So one kid plays up and one kid plays down and you know situational info so well that you can come onto a public forum and lay judgment? Who appointment you to the moral authority?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow some classic posts past few weeks but will jump in with both feet as I know many of the teams, coaches, etc involved. Going to hit a lot of topics in one post.

First I am from PA not NY or MD. Kid plays on a 2022 A, borderline AA, team. Beats some AA then in the same tournament gets smacked - inconsistent. But hey he likes the team.

1) RR - have played them many times never a problem. Both PA & MD teams.

2) Outlaws - parents are horrible and kids barely better. Saw them in a DE tournament last year and saw one D player call a Looney kid a - and spit on him. Then Outloaw parent freaked out when penallty called and started cussing in front of my 10 year old. Played against them once and thier entire team was calling our one Afircan American kid a racial slur the entire game.

3) MM - it is well known he is crazy on the sideline I have seen it and personally know multiple kids that have quit that team last 2-3 years.

4) MM - also wanted to cmment on one note earlier. That team could be better but MM pushes the entire offense through one kid wich makes the work for any D easy but to make it worse his kid is average not great. He isnt close to as good as HH, ML, SP, etc he is a good but not great player. 91MD is a good team but not great and that is largely due to MM IMO.

5) Regarding "holdbacks" I see alot about those on these forums. First its a personal choice I am against it, unless it is for school or maturity purpose, but its not my kid so I stay out of it. That being said everyone knows MD is the worst by FAR of the classic lacrosse states - if any thing LI kids play up in grade not down. Now the emerging states - especially the football ones like TX, OH, etc - are all holding back big time.

6) Last regarding trash parents no offense that is LI all the way. Its a joke amongst all non LI teams - ah man we gotta go to LI this weekend and get screamed at by XX parents again. MD might be whiny abouut contact - and you guys are - but nothing matches the wrath of LI fans if they are losing. Saw 91 2021 lose to TriState in box last year and you would have thought they had been robbed or just lost the super bowl. Honestly I love seeing LIE, Igloo and 91 parents after they lose. So many excuses and parents cussing.
*For the record I will say that PA - specifially Philly parents - is probably the 2nd worst behind LI

Trash me all you want for this post but I am just saying what you are all thinking.

AMEN! On all points.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the best 5 "B" teams on Long Island? Forget that they should AA or A or whatever.....who are the best 5 2nd teams on LI? I would think United and Igloo are up there....

Igloo
Schwalje
United
O'Reilly

you are joking, right. None of these team would even think of playing the teams United played last weekend. You should just take United off the list and replace them with teams that don't play real competition like Legacy, Outlaws or Hitmen. They all pretend to be an A/AA team but are more inline with this list.

United, seems to be the best team online. Folks seem to spend time here telling everyone they are an A team. Say it and write it enough and its true. I know it's likely the team is on par with True Blue, Force, Express or Hitmen. You can't just enter the top bracket and say your an A team and polish up a loss to Smash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
five best b teams and you have o reilly and igloo? we played them this weekend....o reillys team managed 0 shots and we beat them 11 - 0 .. you gotta be kidding me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE has the craziest parent hands down....rest of group is par for the course

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The second igloo team should not be on this list. They can compete with the top teams at 2022. Might not win but that’s not what it’s all about. They would kill every other team on this list including United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
five best b teams and you have o reilly and igloo? we played them this weekend....o reillys team managed 0 shots and we beat them 11 - 0 .. you gotta be kidding me

We... what was your jersey #? Igloo is the best 2nd team or best at this level, don't get Uniteditis and think you'll be infected by being considered a B team. It means nothing. I would say Igloo is in the group with True Blue, Hitmen, Schwalje, etc. Because you can't go off one game - that's like saying Express doesn't belong because they got beat 6-1 by True Blue this past weekend. However, they have played 4 times this season and the record is 2-2 with one True Blue win going to a braveheart. Both very, very good teams. And you must remember you ahem Aspen Extreme tied Schwalje 2-2. But that's one game and still I would consider Igloo the best of the rest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Regarding "holdbacks" I see alot about those on these forums. First its a personal choice I am against it, unless it is for school or maturity purpose, but its not my kid so I stay out of it. That being said everyone knows MD is the worst by FAR of the classic lacrosse states - if any thing LI kids play up in grade not down. Now the emerging states - especially the football ones like TX, OH, etc - are all holding back big time.

Regarding holdbacks, the people that are "against" them mostly have their opinions misstated by others. Personally, I don't care if someone holds back their kid for any, or no, reason. I fully understand that many lacrosse families are looking for their kids to go to prep schools (as opposed to public high schools) where it is normal for a kid to be age 16-20 for their four years. I am totally fine with this. It has no effect on me or anyone else. But (and this is the rub), when playing youth lacrosse, an age based system should be used, and everyone should just play their age - like nearly every other youth sport. If a kid is born in June 2004 he should be playing against kids born in 2004 (or born on or between Sept 1 2003 to August 31 2004). This same kid should not be playing against kids born, say, November 2002 just because they both happen to have just completed the 8th grade, or worse still, both "anticipate" graduating in 2022.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agreed. There is no logical argument against that...only defensive.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]
This team may not be elite but they certainly don't deserve such harsh words. We
are talking about a kids team, right?[/quote]
https://www.backofthecage.com/ubbthreads.php/forums/2/1/botc-main-forum.html

We are NOT talking about any particular child. We are talking about the ARROGANT parents that think my son plays on Express and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread! Nice to see Express parents needing to be humbled !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All stars announced at Showtime. Complete sham. From the list you can tell a lot of phone calls were made *wink wink*

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes total joke showtime should be ashamed of some of those names on that roster, missed some really talented players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This team may not be elite but they certainly don't deserve such harsh words. We
are talking about a kids team, right?[/quote]

We are NOT talking about any particular child. We are talking about the ARROGANT parents that think my son plays on Express and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread! Nice to see Express parents needing to be humbled ![/quote]

Finally the truth... the Express wronged you in some way and this is therapy. What club is your son on now? Probably his 3 or 4th judging by your responses of denial.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All stars announced at Showtime. Complete sham. From the list you can tell a lot of phone calls were made *wink wink*

will have an extra year to make up for any All-Star positions he was spotted this year. Must be struggling playing on age?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I come on here and always take everything with a grain of salt! All the talk about the Outlaws organization, fans and players are absolutely 1000% true. They are classless and down right obnoxious! They are every single negative stereotype about travel lacrosse on LI! I could only imagine how they would act if their teams were actually good!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]All stars announced at Showtime. Complete sham. From the list you can tell a lot of phone calls were made *wink wink*

will have an extra year to make up for any All-Star positions he was spotted this year. Must be struggling playing on age?

Weren't the best players in the country at Under Armour this weekend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which laxachusetts team did they really play??? They swap players constantly. Green , blue black ???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And by the way schwalje beat laxachusetts and true blue this year. Just not in the the tournament you are talking about. So who really cares ? These are “b” teams . Get over it . It’s laughable how people or should I say “adults” spend time talking bad about 13 old children.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]All stars announced at Showtime. Complete sham. From the list you can tell a lot of phone calls were made *wink wink*

The best players that want to pay the travel and entry fees were there. Good players, but still a money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know what’s going on with the warrior all American games?
Are they still having it? I know tryout numbers were very low.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The best players that want to pay the travel and entry fees were there. Good players, but still a money grab.

$190 for 3 tryout days and 6 games in front of every D1 Coach with great competition...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And by the way schwalje beat laxachusetts and true blue this year. Just not in the the tournament you are talking about. So who really cares ? These are “b” teams . Get over it . It’s laughable how people or should I say “adults” spend time talking bad about 13 old children.

Yeah, really. Call them A, B, C. The team is really playing well, so give them what ever label you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you! We love you too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This team may not be elite but they certainly don't deserve such harsh words. We are talking about a kids team, right?

We are NOT talking about any particular child. We are talking about the ARROGANT parents that think my son plays on Express and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread! Nice to see Express parents needing to be humbled ![/quote]

Finally the truth... the Express wronged you in some way and this is therapy. What club is your son on now? Probably his 3 or 4th judging by your responses of denial. [/quote]

My kid is on a team that would flat out take the Swailje team any day!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
???????what ????????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are NOT talking about any particular child. We are talking about the ARROGANT parents that think my son plays on Express and they are the greatest thing since sliced bread! Nice to see Express parents needing to be humbled !

Finally the truth... the Express wronged you in some way and this is therapy. What club is your son on now? Probably his 3 or 4th judging by your responses of denial. [/quote]

My kid is on a team that would flat out take the Swailje team any day! [/quote]

Yeah, sure. What club has the unfortunate honor of having you as a client? Queue crickets. Another person that proves registered posting was good.

Page 40 of 45 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 44 45

Link Copied to Clipboard