BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 38 of 47 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Maybe the Hawks' zone is bad for player development but the crabs could even clear the ball in the game. The ride is has no peers at this age group.
Zone doesn't help the offense at all. The addition of new players will make their offense that much better.

Hawks are an outstanding program

Fake news and alternate facts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your not happy with the coaching at any program then leave it’s pretty simple concept. If your going to Hate in programs don’t hide behind Anonymous...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your not happy with the coaching at any program then leave it’s pretty simple concept. If your going to Hate in programs don’t hide behind Anonymous...

Says the anonymous poster...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
without the typical response of you know nothing about the game, can the Hawk parent who is bashing his own son's coaches please explain how playing a zone is hampering these young man from playing defense when they get to high school

Man defense is significantly more complex than a simple 33 zone. On ball the defender has to know how to play his man from any spot on the field (vs one small area in zone). He has to know the footwork, how to open his hips and run, how and when to throw checks, how to recover when someone slides, how to handle picks, etc.

Off ball the defenders have to know who is the 1 slide, 2 slide, 3 slide etc in a constantly changing situation. Vs in a zone they are always in the same spot on the field so the slides are very basic. Man defense requires a lot of thinking, communication, and quick decisions. Zone defense is much simpler.

Generally teams out zones in when they think their defense is not capable of playing man to man. And a 33 zone is the simplest most basic zone there is. Essentially the hawks coaches are admitting that their defense is not good, so they will force an outside shot and gamble that the opponent cannot shoot hard enough to beat their goalie. This works until they are older and kids can shoot much harder and more accurately.

That’s the 30 second overview. There are many more nuances.

I figured you really wouldn't know what you were talking about and you just proved it, thanks for confirming. If your kid really is on the Hawks, just be glad he is getting good coaching in a good organization and let it go at that.

I’m not sure what you think you know - but the guy who laid out some of the differences between the defenses is absolutely correct.

Not really, to just label zone defense as easier than man to man is very simplistic and not accurate, he mentioned 2nd and 3rd slides, aren't you essentially sliding to a zone at that point and no longer playing a man. you have to communicate as much in either defense. A zone defense does not mean you are not aggressive on the ball and retreating off of it, you are just not allowing slides to be stretched as far, there are slides in zone defenses.

Of course there are slides in zone, but they are simple and easy to execute. That's the point - the kids aren't learning how to think and play dynamically and in the moment.

we'll agree to disagree
without the typical response of you know nothing about the game, can the Hawk parent who is bashing his own son's coaches please explain how playing a zone is hampering these young man from playing defense when they get to high school

Man defense is significantly more complex than a simple 33 zone. On ball the defender has to know how to play his man from any spot on the field (vs one small area in zone). He has to know the footwork, how to open his hips and run, how and when to throw checks, how to recover when someone slides, how to handle picks, etc.

Off ball the defenders have to know who is the 1 slide, 2 slide, 3 slide etc in a constantly changing situation. Vs in a zone they are always in the same spot on the field so the slides are very basic. Man defense requires a lot of thinking, communication, and quick decisions. Zone defense is much simpler.

Generally teams out zones in when they think their defense is not capable of playing man to man. And a 33 zone is the simplest most basic zone there is. Essentially the hawks coaches are admitting that their defense is not good, so they will force an outside shot and gamble that the opponent cannot shoot hard enough to beat their goalie. This works until they are older and kids can shoot much harder and more accurately.

That’s the 30 second overview. There are many more nuances.

I figured you really wouldn't know what you were talking about and you just proved it, thanks for confirming. If your kid really is on the Hawks, just be glad he is getting good coaching in a good organization and let it go at that.

I’m not sure what you think you know - but the guy who laid out some of the differences between the defenses is absolutely correct.

Not really, to just label zone defense as easier than man to man is very simplistic and not accurate, he mentioned 2nd and 3rd slides, aren't you essentially sliding to a zone at that point and no longer playing a man. you have to communicate as much in either defense. A zone defense does not mean you are not aggressive on the ball and retreating off of it, you are just not allowing slides to be stretched as far, there are slides in zone defenses.

Of course there are slides in zone, but they are simple and easy to execute. That's the point - the kids aren't learning how to think and play dynamically and in the moment.

we will have to agree to disagree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe the Hawks' zone is bad for player development but the crabs could even clear the ball in the game. The ride is has no peers at this age group.
Zone doesn't help the offense at all. The addition of new players will make their offense that much better.

Hawks are an outstanding program

Fake news and alternate facts.

Which part?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wasn’t hating on any teams nor have I made any negative comments on this forum. I tried putting my name out there once and I guess the moderator took it off. Believe me I’m not going to hide behind a screen name. If I have something to say I’ll be the first to say it directly to you especially if it involves my son or his friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a question for hawks parents. How do you feel about Dad's being the head coach? Do you feel as though play time is earned and given out appropriately?

It's a problem.

Also, there were a few kids that should have been moved to the Green team, but the Dad coaches refused. So they stayed on Black, and they play......perhaps when they shouldn't. That's why the Green Team folded - none of the coaches would agree to move "back."

If they could solve this, they would be the compete package.

This is how you demonstrate that you have no real first hand knowledge on the issue: In the Hawks organization, the green teams are and always have been the "A" team and the black teams are and always have been the "B" team. The current 2023 Hawks team is the Green team. This is true at every level since the beginning. So I assume this is third or fourth hand knowledge, perhaps all overheard or relayed at the tailgate or the cocktail party.

Perhaps. But you didn't deny that it was true.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s the Hawks holdback game? Or is it strictly a Baltimore thing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 2023 holdback game is strong. Easily half the starters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahaha! Patently false. Most kids attend public school and there for do not play the holdback game. The private school players do not attend schools that play the game either as a matter of tradition 1. Get you facts straight and 2. Go back to finishing your math homework

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 2023 holdback game is strong. Easily lf the starters.

Half the starters..that’s actually laughable sounds like someone got beat by a bigger better faster stronger TEAM and is a sore looser or someone’s kid didnt make the cut to play for the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half the starters..that’s actually laughable sounds like someone got beat by a bigger better faster stronger TEAM and is a sore looser or someone’s kid didnt make the cut to play for the Hawks.

I know of 5 kids on that team who are holdbacks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you know 5 Hawks players birthdays is creepy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact that you know 5 Hawks players birthdays is creepy.

I know your wife’s birthday too. Is that creepy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs players beware this weekend....Looney's will hit your kids late after every shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is an absolute fabrication.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every team has holdbacks! Who cares; move on!!!

Hawks Runs a Zone defense; who cares, beat it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hahahaha! Patently false. Most kids attend public school and there for do not play the holdback game. The private school players do not attend schools that play the game either as a matter of tradition 1. Get you facts straight and 2. Go back to finishing your math homework

There are kids who go to public school who are holdbacks. 2 of them are on the hawks right now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is hysterical! What exactly do you consider a holdback??? Whats the age cutoff? Because 3/4 of the 2023's playing lacrosse in the state of MD last summer were 13! My son is STILL 12!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to stop by on Sunday and see my sons state ID and passport I’ll be the one with the camo hat and white gum boots driving the truck with glass packs with the gun rack in the back window. Signed Anonymous RN Holdback Hawks dad

You should go on the DUKES forum....Hawks are started to be in our category...LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone seen the list of teams at 2023 playing in the Kooper MPLL? Yikes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Teams and sched on koopers website

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know your wife’s birthday too. Is that creepy?

You must be a Looney’s dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yikes?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks stink! Period. If you kid is that good move him up. Not Fair to the kids on age. The Hawks team should move
to 2022. signed - Hawks Dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lacrosse in MD = How not to run youth sports. Others are making this case perfectly. Destroy rec sports, charge way too much, hold kids back, call out kids by name/number, the most hilarious is the ZONE defense hater pretending to know what he is talking about but clearly showing he knows nothing about playing defense while admitting his kid does not play defense. Summary: Can we get a N.VA separate link?
Before the MD parents start: Yes there are no elite VA teams at this age group just a bunch of closely matched AAA (A) teams with all on age kids. I would not even know how to hold a kid back. I do have a question: If it is done for only "academic" reasons prior to K, why is this only an issue for Elite teams? I will say the kids on these teams are great players and a high % will play D1 in college and work hard. The parents?? Not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks stink! Period. If you kid is that good move him up. Not Fair to the kids on age. The Hawks team should move

You stunads don't get it. HOCO is a GRADE base league, it has nothing to do with age. If you want to play in an AGE based league then do that!!! But please (and I know you won't) stop claiming teams are cheating when they are 100% following the rules!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are a few boys that have late summer birthdays on the Hawks - but they are all 7th graders. You would be surprised who the boys are though.... definitely not the ones you would think.

This is a grade based division, not age based... so get over it.

Every team has a few ... even though Next Level has a great team headed to Denver, there are a few boys from their spring team not attending the tournament because they don't meet the age requirements.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You stunads don't get it. HOCO is a GRADE base league, it has nothing to do with age. If you want to play in an AGE based league then do that!!! But please (and I know you won't) stop claiming teams are cheating when they are 100% following the rules!!!

You must be a rocket scientist like myself, because no-one else has figured this out yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks 2023 Motto 'If you're not playing down, you're playing up!'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yikes?

Team 91, Looney's Green, Zingos, Lax World and Rock

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the likelihood that the hawks coaching staff for 2023 changes next year? Do the hawks make the change in 8th grade or 9th?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deal. Just stop saying your an elite team when comparing against teams in the same grade but a full year younger.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Deal. Just stop saying your an elite team when comparing against teams in the same grade but a full year younger.

Maybe the other clubs should be asking their self why are the Hawks getting all these great players !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct not against the rules and it’s not against the rules to (and I know you won’t) play up with kids your own age but keep pounding your chest and living the lie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are correct not against the rules and it’s not against the rules to (and I know you won’t) play up with kids your own age but keep pounding your chest and living the lie.

And you keep crying about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aww does the truth hurt snowflake? Try living beyond your low expectations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the likelihood that the hawks coaching staff for 2023 changes next year? Do the hawks make the change in 8th grade or 9th?

I am wondering the same thing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks have great players because Hogan does a great job in branding his product. His tournaments are good, his name is gold and his teams look sharp. The Nap town TV coverage does not hurt.
He has completely eliminated any competition for players from Calvert County to the Eastern Shore.
Imagine if one of the Baltimore based teams could replicate what Hogan has done. Take the top 5% off of 91, FCA, Crabs, Loons, and Koopers and you have the Hawks of Central MD. Too many entrenched egos in Baltimore and DC to actually accomplish this mission.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Aww does the truth hurt snowflake? Try living beyond your low expectations.

At what age constitutes a " holdback " for 7th grade ?

Page 38 of 47 1 2 36 37 38 39 40 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard