BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Knocked out by Tristate
4 teams going Next Level, Tristate, BBL and Team 5

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looking at WSYL scores is the Cavs coach really that big of a DB? Jesus even JS would have pulled in the reins at 15

Total low class coaching and team. Never spun the ball when game was out of hand. Parents cheering as then continued scoring in last minutes of the game. Kids shooting during 5 second count down for the game. Parent upset when a guy called them out on it. Goals scored means nothing in tie breakers. Pretty sad.

I agree the score may have been out of line but these kids are parents are going to Denver

Karma... Cavs were first team out. Not going to Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FOGO from FCA was on 91 last year and makes runs at times.

I watched this game and he did more than make a run....he dominated. Where looneys was better in this game was its midfield play and they were the more physical team. FCA had a lot of turnovers which was surprising and this game could have gone either way but in the end mistakes by FCA cost them the game.

Hawks just dismantled 91; I don’t see anyone taking down the hawks.

Game really shouldn't have been that close. Agreed about the FCA turnovers. Looney's played the more complete game. However, had the refs flagged all the late hits by Looney's, game might have had different result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the good Maryland teams boycott the WSYL qualifier? If so, why? Just curious.

It's not so much that they boycotted the qualifier, it's their 7th grade teams have too many kids that don't meet the age qualification and they don't want to send their 6th grade teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s going to be a very boring season for the Hawks goalies.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats what happens when you play a 3-3 zone at this age. Will come back to bite those defensemen though if they don't practice man-to-man defense with slides.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the good Maryland teams boycott the WSYL qualifier? If so, why? Just curious.

It's not so much that they boycotted the qualifier, it's their 7th grade teams have too many kids that don't meet the age qualification and they don't want to send their 6th grade teams.

Fake news! The best team there is a MD Elite Division team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats what happens when you play a 3-3 zone at this age. Will come back to bite those defensemen though when they don't know how to play defense.

Don’t worry. They know how.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks were as advertised. Big, athletic, skilled. Our boys had no chance yesterday. We ended early enough to catch the end of FCA/Looney's. Looney's was also big and athletic. I'm looking forward to that matchup. Hope I get to watch it. I think Looney's can match up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What role did the head coach play in the break up of the 2023 crabs? He was the head coach for the successful 5th and 6th grade years, which included the 91 bandits. Now he is gone. This team could not even beat freedom in the fall.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Even more ridiculous because the goals meant nothing for tiebreaker purposes....Total points was 4th on the list for potential tiebreaker scenarios and only +3 at the max, so a score of 3 - 0 or 100 - 0 would have been treated exactly the same...Although there were a few hiccups along the way for some teams, I think that the final standings are pretty accurate. There were some very good games played over the weekend, especially between the top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at WSYL scores and cannot believe the coach/ Jesus even JS would have pulled in the reins at 15

Total low class coaching and team. Never spun the ball when game was out of hand. Parents cheering as then continued scoring in last minutes of the game. Kids shooting during 5 second count down for the game. Parent upset when a guy called them out on it. Goals scored means nothing in tie breakers. Pretty sad.

I agree the score may have been out of line but these kids are parents are going to Denver

Even more ridiculous because the goals meant nothing for tiebreaker purposes....Total points was 4th on the list for potential tiebreaker scenarios and only +3 at the max, so a score of 3 - 0 or 100 - 0 would have been treated exactly the same...Although there were a few hiccups along the way for some teams, I think that the final standings are pretty accurate. There were some very good games played over the weekend, especially between the top teams.

Are the top four or top five going?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at WSYL scores is the Cavs coach really that big of a DB? Jesus even JS would have pulled in the reins at 15

Karma is a B. Cavs were first team out. Not going to Denver.

This was the best tournament that the CAVs will ever be in and they came in 6th. So yes they will continue to play in B & C level tournament instead of trying to play against good (not great) teams to get better. BUT WAIT they had the best tent out there, HANDS DOWN

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 5 teams go. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS to Next Level 2023 team that went undefeated this weekend in the qualifications.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats what happens when you play a 3-3 zone at this age. Will come back to bite those defensemen though when they don't practice man-to-man defense with slides.

Silly statement, sounds like your kid's team must have lost to the Hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats what happens when you play a 3-3 zone at this age. Will come back to bite those defensemen though when they don't know how to play defense.

Actually my kid is on the hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Karma is a B. Cavs were first team out. Not going to Denver.

Top 5 - Saltwater knocked out Cavs in 5th place game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Hawks were as advertised. Big, athletic, skilled. Our boys had no chance yesterday. We ended early enough to catch the end of FCA/Looney's. Looney's was also big and athletic. I'm looking forward to that matchup. Hope I get to watch it. I think Looney's can match up.

Hawks vs Looney's April 22 @ 3pm
Ought to be a great game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks by 6

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake news! The best team there is a MD Elite Division team.

So what? Crabs isn't there because of this. Hawks aren't there because of this. Sure, one HOCO Elite team showed up. Great. Haven't played a league game yet.

Certainly isn't the only reason. But Crabs had to retool their roster in 2015 when they went and they got destroyed by a Team 91 Crush team that didn't have to retool. The top-level MD teams see that, and that's why most of them don't go. The hold-back phenomenon hasn't taken nearly as big a hold on Long Island, and that's one reason why those teams dominate that age-based tournament. Plus, they do play really good lacrosse up there.

Plus, there are a lot of great tournaments in the area. You don't have to travel to play great competition when you're in the mid-Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Against an over matched opponent like 91 did they really play zone?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one in MD can beat the Hawks. We missed their game yesterday but saw them for week one. They look like a good HS team with size, speed, advanced play and excellent keeper play.

The only thing you could hear in the stands were parents complaining about playing time. They may have had 28 players and five coaches. Infighting is the only thing that can bring them down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could the team that just beat 91 by one goal be competition for a team that could have scored 30 yesterday against that same 91 team?

Tell me if I am right but has Loonies ever beaten Hawks?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then it's an even sillier statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs was winning at half time and one player. Scored many nice goals. Had to leave a half. Heard crabs lost by 4. Club blue middie went off I heard in the 4th qtr.

Wow, so one kid leaves, and the whole team apparently fell apart. I guess if he's so vital to their success and these coaches are so talented, they might want to make a game plan that doesn't rely on just one kid.

Just wondering if the Crabs changed anything at half ..Might also have been a factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looney's is going to expose the Holdbacks. Let's go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could the team that just beat 91 by one goal be competition for a team that could have scored 30 yesterday against that same 91 team?

Tell me if I am right but has Loonies ever beaten Hawks?

No. They have played twice and lost both times. Hawks are the best team at this grade level and I am not affiliated with them. It will take a great effort for any of the Elite teams to take them down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's silly is your understanding of the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yep

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ever said "yep" either didn't watch the game or doesn't know what a zone looks like? They played man to man 85% of the time. That being said they didn't have to play much defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yep

Ok then, you watched a different game entirely. There was some zone, but there was a lot of on high ball pressure and pressure behind. Team 91 kids were stripped of possession over and over far outside what a packed 3-3 zone could produce- and I am not bashing 91. They worked hard and undoubtedly are good players. How amazing is it that when a team loses against the Hawks, they blame it on the Hawks' defensive schemes and somehow indict them over this? When has this been a thing? Hawks are good. Teams need to adjust against zones, man to man, and everything in between. Maybe someone will beat them, maybe not. That is why you play the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ever said "yep" either didn't watch the game or doesn't know what a zone looks like? They played man to man 85% of the time. That being said they didn't have to play much defense.

The question was - 'did they really play zone?' - and the answer is yes. You even admit it in your response - if they played man 85% of the time then they would have played zone the other 15% of the time. And in my estimation it was more like 60/40.

By the way, hawks parents are some of the most RN people I've seen at a lacrosse game in a while.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(quote)Top 5 teams go. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS to Next Level 2023 team that went undefeated this weekend in the qualifications.
Next Level good team but I thought 4 teams were invited...Next Level, Tristate, Team 5 and BBL. BBL and Tristate good game to watch...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There has been a lot of talk on this Forum about HOLDBACKs and how they are ruining the game. This weekend at the WSYL qualifiers in MD, there were numerous kids that were 6 feet and taller, some kids are definitely shaving (as you could see the 5 o'clock shadow). I mean real big boys!!!

All of these kids regardless of their MS class are 2023 age appropriate, but would be abused by the HOLDBACK Bashers on this site. So next time you see a tall kid that is really good, why don't you find out his age before calling out his name or number

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, please tell me your vast knowledge of team and individual defense. I am going to pop some corn right now and grab a soda, so I will be ready for your enlightened response. I assume you are smarter than the men that are coaching your son, so am curious to see what you have to say. I just hope I'm able to understand what you say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh, please tell me your vast knowledge of team and individual defense. I am going to pop some corn right now and grab a soda, so I will be ready for your enlightened response. I assume you are smarter than the men that are coaching your son, so am curious to see what you have to say. I just hope I'm able to understand what you say.

That's the silliest statement yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The question was - 'did they really play zone?' - and the answer is yes. You even admit it in your response - if they played man 85% of the time then they would have played zone the other 15% of the time. And in my estimation it was more like 60/40.

By the way, hawks parents are some of the most RN people I've seen at a lacrosse game in a while.

who cares how much they played zone? 15%? 25? 53.58%? can explain why you care? Ridiculous and embarrassing. Nothing the Hawks have done in the last two games have been gimicky, illegal, unsportsmanlike, or ill advised, either on the offensive end or the defensive end or their ride. This is called "playing lacrosse." Would people care if they played Zone 65% and lost? or 10% of the time?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who cares how much they played zone? 15%? 25? 53.58%? can explain why you care? Ridiculous and embarrassing. Nothing the Hawks have done in the last two games have been gimicky, illegal, unsportsmanlike, or ill advised, either on the offensive end or the defensive end or their ride. This is called "playing lacrosse." Would people care if they played Zone 65% and lost? or 10% of the time?

You're the one getting all worked up about it. I simply made the statement that the defensemen on that team are learning nothing by playing zone. Doesn't bother me either way, it's just an observation and an informed comment about the situation. Why don't you stop being so silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually their defense is gimmicky and ill advised. But hey - whatever it takes to win!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
(quote)Top 5 teams go. By the way, CONGRATULATIONS to Next Level 2023 team that went undefeated this weekend in the qualifications.
Next Level good team but I thought 4 teams were invited...Next Level, Tristate, Team 5 and BBL. BBL and Tristate good game to watch...

The fifth place game (Saltwater/Cavs) finished early so Saltwater was not there at the end, but invited. Some very good games this weekend, and surprisingly, a decent group of parents (with a few minor exceptions)

Page 36 of 47 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard