BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 35 of 47 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As I said, he coached my boys through the years. I have no idea why kids from the 2023 team left.

I heard he wasn't the head coach. Maybe if people really want to know why, they should ask someone

from the Crabs organization. I was hoping that we could move on from talking about the Crabs 2023

team from last year. Myself and most people come on here to talk about current seasons and stats.

Let's refrain from coach/team/kid bashing and talk about the upcoming games this weekend.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In summary
The Crabs and Hawks are the two strongest programs in the 2023 graduation year (Don't say age, it is a trigger word). In turn, parents try to establish why they are so dominate. Many reasons why but they simply have more talent then the other teams in the area. Both teams have great goalies, fantastic attackmen and excellent defenders. Coaching at this level is pretty consistent from team to team with some having specialization.

Everything else is an excuse for why their child's team loses to them. My kid has beaten and lost to both teams.

For the record, the father called FB promotes his son and is highly respected which is why he draws so much attention. I think it is jealousy but my exposure to him has been short.

Not a Crabs or Hawks Dad

Both my boys have been coached by FB at different points through years. the guy is a piece of work, great coach though! I have never had an issue with how he coached or dealt with and interacted with my kids or any players on either of their teams.

Could you possibly enlighten us why so many of the boys from that 2023 team left?

he no longer coaches any of my kids, so no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was he teaching your boys plays or was he teaching your boys how to play? Don't believe he ever saw the field at UMBC.

Right. Because Bill Belichick was an all pro football player. What an asinine statement. Certainly don't have to have been a star player in a sport to teach it. And I can't stand FB but come on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doug Pederson - career third string QB, kick off tee retriever, super bowl champion coach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Was he teaching your boys plays or was he teaching your boys how to play? Don't believe he ever saw the field at UMBC.

Right. Because Bill Belichick was an all pro football player. What an ridiculous statement. Certainly don't have to have been a star player in a sport to teach it. And I can't stand FB but come on.

I know why you remain anonymous. Your obsession with this guy and his kid could land you in jail.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doug Pederson - career third string QB, kick off tee retriever, super bowl champion coach

Charlie Weiss

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So does playing against younger kids make you worse? Cheating...only sport that allows it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Was he teaching your boys plays or was he teaching your boys how to play? Don't believe he ever saw the field at UMBC.

Right. Because Bill Belichick was an all pro football player. What an ridiculous statement. Certainly don't have to have been a star player in a sport to teach it. And I can't stand FB but come on.

I know why you remain anonymous. Your obsession with this guy and his kid could land you in jail.

You're too - to realize this comment was related to coaching offensive lacrosse skills.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As has been obvious for a while and previously noted, this forum tends to attract a lot of disgruntled parents. The big programs are a frequent target of pissed off comments from parents (RM/MM/MLax/Dad coaches!/holdbacks!/Looneys mom’s/Hawks/FCA) and shocker those teams seem to thrive. My son plays for one of them and loves every minute. Kids on those teams and their parents probBly a better place to look for real advice about programs. Join your kids and enjoy the spring (whenever it arrives)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just wait till the tournaments this summer, when king crab brings the re-classed players onto the team. Will probably be 2-4 players who will re-class (repeat 8th grade) and then be placed the 2023 team this summer.

It is within the rules! Get better and hit the wall if you dont like it. Playing against older competition will make you better, stop moaning!

Curious, are you planning on having your kid hit the wall and move up this summer so he can get better playing against older competition?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And can we talk about the other teams and hardworking boys, not just the "elite".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And can we talk about the other teams and hardworking boys, not just the "elite".

Evergreen undefeated at 2022 and 2023 after first weekend of play!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was the post from the 26 dad/coach retracted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
just wait till the tournaments this summer, when king crab brings the re-classed players onto the team. Will probably be 2-4 players who will re-class (repeat 8th grade) and then be placed the 2023 team this summer.

It is within the rules! Get better and hit the wall if you dont like it. Playing against older competition will make you better, stop moaning!

Curious, are you planning on having your kid hit the wall and move up this summer so he can get better playing against older competition?

Of course not ! There is something called, go by grade, not age. That means I am within rules . 4 months earlier than age cutoff is not that much. Now go hit the wall and stop moaning !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only N.VA team to win a HOCO game this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok 2023 weeks 2; who you got?

Hawks vs 91
FCA vs Looney's
Crabs vs Club Blue

Next Level and BLC not of the schedule and NL has yet to play a game in HOCO this year.

After sifting through all the previous BS between the Crabs and Hawks can we get back to discussing this weekends games?

Hawks run through 91; I believe this two teams played in the fall and Hawks won by 10+
FCA I think has the more talented team; just not sure how they will handle the size of Looney's; however Team 91 was able to.
Crabs bounced back after a poor performance against the Hawks and beats Club Blue; I feel both these teams may have regressed this year.

Who is the team to beat in AA? South River again?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok 2023 weeks 2; who you got?

Hawks vs 91
FCA vs Looney's
Crabs vs Club Blue

Next Level and BLC not of the schedule and NL has yet to play a game in HOCO this year.

After sifting through all the previous BS between the Crabs and Hawks can we get back to discussing this weekends games?

Hawks run through 91; I believe this two teams played in the fall and Hawks won by 10+
FCA I think has the more talented team; just not sure how they will handle the size of Looney's; however Team 91 was able to.
Crabs bounced back after a poor performance against the Hawks and beats Club Blue; I feel both these teams may have regressed this year.

Who is the team to beat in AA? South River again?

FCA is much more talented than most teams. Definitely the team to beat. FCA by 5 goals this week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only N.VA team to win a HOCO game this season.

Glorified rec program playing in the "rec-like"' divisions. Nobody cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at WSYL scores is the Cavs coach really that big of a DB? Jesus even JS would have pulled in the reins at 15

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at WSYL scores is the Cavs coach really that big of a DB? Jesus even JS would have pulled in the reins at 15

Total low class coaching and team. Never spun the ball when game was out of hand. Parents cheering as then continued scoring in last minutes of the game. Kids shooting during 5 second count down for the game. Parent upset when a guy called them out on it. Goals scored means nothing in tie breakers. Pretty sad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're too - to realize this comment was related to coaching offensive lacrosse skills.

Belichick was a defenseman, so doubt he would coach the offense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the scores posted?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
world series of youth lacrosse website under east regional qualifier schedule and standings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Total low class coaching and team. Never spun the ball when game was out of hand. Parents cheering as then continued scoring in last minutes of the game. Kids shooting during 5 second count down for the game. Parent upset when a guy called them out on it. Goals scored means nothing in tie breakers. Pretty sad.

I agree the score may have been out of line but these kids are parents are going to Denver

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree the score may have been out of line but these kids are parents are going to Denver

Finishing 6th out of 10 teams gets you to Denver?? Pretty prestigious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finishing 6th out of 10 teams gets you to Denver?? Pretty prestigious.

I'm pretty sure only the top 5 are going to Denver.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks big over 91
Looneys by 1 over fca

Someone said fca faceoff was hurt. Whoever took face offs was good

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavs..you may not be going to Denver may not be going to Denver but what a tent. Karma is a B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There main face off guy played... and did well.

Did Crabs win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FOGO from FCA was on 91 last year and makes runs at times.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cavs..you may not be going to Denver may not be going to Denver but what a tent. Karma is a B

Does this mean they are no longer ranked #16 in the country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs was winning at half time and scored many nice goals. Heard crabs lost by 4.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks big over 91
Looneys by 1 over fca

Someone said fca faceoff was hurt. Whoever took face offs was good

Looney’s parent here who knows the FCA FOGO family. The kid broke his thumb and has been out for 4 weeks I believe. This was his first game back and he definitely was a bright spot for FCA; we didn’t have an answer for him. FCA couldn’t handle our physicality and that was the difference in the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FOGO from FCA was on 91 last year and makes runs at times.

I watched this game and he did more than make a run....he dominated. Where looneys was better in this game was its midfield play and they were the more physical team. FCA had a lot of turnovers which was surprising and this game could have gone either way but in the end mistakes by FCA cost them the game.

Hawks just dismantled 91; I don’t see anyone taking down the hawks.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Im from LI. Which MD teams qualified for WSYL? BTW. I am not a supporter of WSYL!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 crabs with B as a coach went 12-0 in the regular season over two years on HoCo. This year 0-2 without B. Bet those parents wish he was coaching now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the good Maryland teams boycott the WSYL qualifier? If so, why? Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get the popcorn ready for Crabs v Looneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the good Maryland teams boycott the WSYL qualifier? If so, why? Just curious.

None of the teams can qualify for any age-based event.

Page 35 of 47 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard