BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 30 of 47 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 46 47
Re: Boys 2023 - 7th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from today?
Greasy Moms vs Team 9D Uno?
Flat Brim vs Holdback Hawks?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks 10 Crabs 5. Surprisingly one sided.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Scores from today?

Looney’s - 9 Team 91 - 8; shocked by this score. Not sure if 91 has turned the corner or Looneys ego got in the way.

Hawks - 10 Crabs - 5 This could have been a lot worse and the crab offense is just plain bad. No ball movement no real threat of anyone scoring.

FCA - 6 BLC -5. Didn’t see the game but not a bad with for FCA who hadn’t played a game prior to today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from today?

Looney’s - 9 Team 91 - 8; shocked by this score. Not sure if 91 has turned the corner or Looneys ego got in the way.

Hawks - 10 Crabs - 5 This could have been a lot worse and the crab offense is just plain bad. No ball movement no real threat of anyone scoring.

FCA - 6 BLC -5. Didn’t see the game but not a bad with for FCA who hadn’t played a game prior to today.

Hawks crabs game was 9-5, not that it matters that much. Hawks played a packed in 3-3 zone and the crabs struggled against it. Won’t happen twice now that they can plan for it. Also if my kid was a defenseman on the hawks I would not be happy... not good at all for player development. Highlights a severe coaching issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from today?

Hawks crabs game was 9-5, not that it matters that much. Hawks played a packed in 3-3 zone and the crabs struggled against it. Won’t happen twice now that they can plan for it. Also if my kid was a defenseman on the hawks I would not be happy... not good at all for player development. Highlights a severe coaching issue.

Sounds like a sore loser

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scoreboard sai 9-5. But it was 10-5. Though I agree in that it really doesn't matter Hawks did play a tight 3-3 zone, however, they have other defensive packages. Why change your zone when it was working? I see that as smart coaching. .
Scores from today?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zone defense at this age serves no purpose other than to win. It does nothing for their development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How was flat brim on the sideline?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scores from today?

Thanks for the advice Flat Brim. Much appreciated

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Scoreboard sai 9-5. But it was 10-5. Though I agree in that it really doesn't matter Hawks did play a tight 3-3 zone, however, they have other defensive packages. Why change your zone when it was working? I see that as smart coaching. .
Scores from today?

That game was 8-1 at one point and the Hawks dominated in all aspects of the game with the exception of FO. The crabs scored a few meaningless goals to make it respectable at the end of the game against the back up goalie and defense. Also when is the last tiem the Crabs organization developed anyone?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quiet; his old team is a shell of itself thanks to him and #14 was no factor.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Zone defense at this age serves no purpose other than to win. It does nothing for their development.

True, because they will never play a zone defense as they advance through high school and into college. If they are playing the ball in their zone, communicating and recovering away from the ball, how is this hampering their development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, because they will never play a zone defense as they advance through high school and into college. If they are playing the ball in their zone, communicating and recovering away from the ball, how is this hampering their development.

Clearly a comment from someone who knows nothing about lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their future HS coaches would like them to be really good on ball defenders that know how to slide and recover in man to man. When they have 4-5 practices a week then they'll teach them a zone as a chance of pace. The zone is especially effective in youth because other teams do not have time to implement and practice a zone offense for the 1 game they'll see it -- unless they care about winning more than development. Which is back to the original posters point. BTW I have 2 in HS and I haven't seen much zone being played so far this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have coached and ran a zone defense with both younger teams and less skilled teams. A zone defense does more not less to develop skills that will translate in HS and beyond. The type of defensive look is also determined by what the offense is running. If you do not like what the defense is doing....beat them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the BLC/FCA game and could share some thoughts about what these teams are bringing to the table this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their future HS coaches would like them to be really good on ball defenders that know how to slide and recover in man to man. When they have 4-5 practices a week then they'll teach them a zone as a chance of pace. The zone is especially effective in youth because other teams do not have time to implement and practice a zone offense for the 1 game they'll see it -- unless they care about winning more than development. Which is back to the original posters point. BTW I have 2 in HS and I haven't seen much zone being played so far this year

What is a ZONE offense?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have coached and ran a zone defense with both younger teams and less skilled teams. A zone defense does more not less to develop skills that will translate in HS and beyond. The type of defensive look is also determined by what the offense is running. If you do not like what the defense is doing....beat them.

And now we see why you are not coaching anymore.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did anyone see the BLC/FCA game and could share some thoughts about what these teams are bringing to the table this year?

Seriously? Maybe you would like someone to send you the game film? They're bringing 7th graders to the table.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is a ZONE offense?

An offense you run vs a zone defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you Dads out there droning on about what teaches kids this and that and what doesn't. I played LSM for Penn just a few years ago and I'm an assistant coach now for a team in this HoCo league. You Monday morning QB's don't know [ChillLaxin] and unless you played at the highest level sit down and be quiet. Zone D is a set, just like man D, there's plenty that can be taught to players at this age that translates to understanding fundamental defense. But let's listen to you guys as you try to relive your glory days through your kids. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My 35 years of coaching at the youth, high school and college levels would say otherwise, you are still playing the ball recovering and communicating which are the basics of playing defense. High school coaches could care less what a kid plays at the youth level and college coaches have the same thoughts of a kids high school experience. They are going to take the players and put them in the best position for their program and schemes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you Dads out there droning on about what teaches kids this and that and what doesn't. I played LSM for Penn just a few years ago and I'm an assistant coach now for a team in this HoCo league. You Monday morning QB's don't know [ChillLaxin] and unless you played at the highest level sit down and be quiet. Zone D is a set, just like man D, there's plenty that can be taught to players at this age that translates to understanding fundamental defense. But let's listen to you guys as you try to relive your glory days through your kids. Pathetic.

The only Glory Days this guy had was Beef on Weck

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are exactly what you claim others are! Hilarious. Some of the worst YOUTH coaches are the supposed " high level" lacrosse players. Reading between the lines, looks like you are on your way to being one of them too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously? Maybe you would like someone to send you the game film? They're bringing 7th graders to the table.

Here's another disgruntled dad who can't find a team for his son to play on! Relax Troll; he is simply asking how these two teams look. Why is that so wrong??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like you are exactly what you claim others are! Hilarious. Some of the worst YOUTH coaches are the supposed " high level" lacrosse players. Reading between the lines, looks like you are on your way to being one of them too!

Dumb drunk dad’s. It must stink to have to pay private school tuition and pay to get your son’s name added to the JV roster. That is a whole lotta money your putting out to save face. At least this guy played the sport and attended an Ivy League School. I’m sure he knows more about playing the sport instead of paying to be on the sidelines!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This would have been a much better reply, and much better received, if you didn't sink to the level of the other posters on here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question? Will HOCO schedule be out anytime this week? Will teams playing in the WSYL qualifier be considered? Looks like it could be a conflict.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dumb drunk dad’s. It must stink to have to pay private school tuition and pay to get your son’s name added to the JV roster. That is a whole lotta money your putting out to save face. At least this guy played the sport and attended an Ivy League School. I’m sure he knows more about playing the sport instead of paying to be on the sidelines!

The one that sounds " Dumb drunk" is the first poster who claims that everyone besides us " highest level players " dont know [ChillLaxin]. Then you come on here and sound just as " Dumb drunk" with your claim of paying to get on Private school JV team . Can you at least stay on subject and focused ! Funny stuff there Mr Ivy League !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Quiet; his old team is a shell of itself thanks to him and #14 was no factor.

Wow.....pretty sad...Good news is that Crabs pockets programs is off the charts fun for the whole family

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is enormously sad and disturbing that people cannot comment on 7th grade lacrosse without constantly making disparaging comments and levying personal attacks. The games this past weekend were played by boys who work hard and clearly enjoy the sport. The vast majority of coaches, though not perfect, have the best interest of their players and teams in mind. My only conclusion is that being anonymous allows for this sort of middle school behavior. Or perhaps more accurately that most of those posting are actually in middle school. Either way, this is my first and last post. And my last time on this forum. So, please feel free to quote and add your snarky comments, but be assured that I won't be around to read them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played after this game and I was able to catch most of it. Exciting game as it went to OT and was won by FCA 6 to 5. I thought both teams looked rusty and still in the process of shaking off the lack of team play over the winter months. BLC is big and physical defensively and FCA had trouble getting inside but was able to win the majority of their faceoffs and get possession for most of the game. This constant pressure eventually wore the BLC defense down late in the game and they rallied from a 3-1 deficit in the second half. FCA offensively had too many unforced turnovers to count; again I chalk that up to lack of team chemistry, but looked to be the more talented and better coached team. Most of BLC's goals came from a better GB game and second chances. I think if they played again FCA would win by 4-5 goals; a lot of missed opportunities due to turnovers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is enormously sad and disturbing that people cannot comment on 7th grade lacrosse without constantly making disparaging comments and levying personal attacks. The games this past weekend were played by boys who work hard and clearly enjoy the sport. The vast majority of coaches, though not perfect, have the best interest of their players and teams in mind. My only conclusion is that being anonymous allows for this sort of middle school behavior. Or perhaps more accurately that most of those posting are actually in middle school. Either way, this is my first and last post. And my last time on this forum. So, please feel free to quote and add your snarky comments, but be assured that I won't be around to read them.

Bye Felicia.... I love how people make announcements when they so called leave this site... You are not leaving so stop it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well we have lost another lacrosse Mom... #thankgod

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fun game to watch. Definitely could have gone either way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bye Bye Francine. I see you soccer moms have a hard time adjusting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cannons beat Cavs 9-8. Yup, #16 in the country. Maybe Cavs can try to play NVYLL 14U Lower B next year and go back to winning all their games by 10 goals. They like it better that way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fun game to watch. Definitely could have gone either way.

I agree: definitely could have gone either way.....I do like the pieces FCA has added to the team. They will be competitive moving forward. I heard Sunday their FOGO broke his hand and is out for the year so that will definitely impact them as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo schedule is posted

Page 30 of 47 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard