BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 25 of 78 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 77 78
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BL kids are out dominating other sports this winter yup real multi sport athletes.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BL kids are out dominating other sports this winter yup real multi sport athletes.

Who cares??? This is a lacrosse blog... get a clue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did ask were the 23 BL team was

The 24’s were busy getting smacked by BBl 7-0

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After tying BBL in pool play...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for this weekend?

https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...rnament=h2018020115085402020f9b0c09bd749

8th grade AA looks absolutely stacked

The 8th grade bracket was a brutal set of games. Tons of great teams just pounding on each other. 91 took it home but BBL, Igloo, etc all played well.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading too much into it my friend, love how people love to gloat. The reality is that Brotherly Love doesn't do Box well. The club owners even acknowledge it and they need to make a decision on either going all in on box or just doing it for fun. BBL was a very good box team and they obviously train as a box team. These field teams thinking that they are AA in Box because they are AA in Field just doesn't hold up. My understanding is that our best 2023 team Zeus had to pull out because they couldn't even field a team for the tourney. It really is painful to watch these field players trying to play box. It is a game that is not kind to players without the stick skills.

I do think that once the Wings start playing next season these kids are going to get more into box. It is a shame as I think it is the better game of the two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. BBL had some big kids who were a handful in box but might struggle running up and down a field all day...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Reading too much into it my friend, love how people love to gloat. The reality is that Brotherly Love doesn't do Box well. The club owners even acknowledge it and they need to make a decision on either going all in on box or just doing it for fun. BBL was a very good box team and they obviously train as a box team. These field teams thinking that they are AA in Box because they are AA in Field just doesn't hold up. My understanding is that our best 2023 team Zeus had to pull out because they couldn't even field a team for the tourney. It really is painful to watch these field players trying to play box. It is a game that is not kind to players without the stick skills.

I do think that once the Wings start playing next season these kids are going to get more into box. It is a shame as I think it is the better game of the two.

Very good points. How about the 91MD 24s.. kids had more hair on their legs than some of the BL dads.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very good points. How about the 91MD 24s.. kids had more hair on their legs than some of the BL dads.

Yawn. Will we ever get past the fact that some kids have genes that make them bigger and hairier sooner? And the hold back debate is tired as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny because the BL Zeus team has plastered the team page with box pictures.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could not agree more, box is a completely different game with a skill set that does not just transfer over from the field. While I was originally skeptical of the benefits of box, the more my son has played (his club does focus on box quite a bit), I have really come around to the benefits. Although not great for kids that normally play with poles, the transition aspect is great for middies, the tempo is great for working on quick passing and the game really instills defensive skills for both middies and attackmen. If anybody does not see the benefits of box, just watch a replay of the Albany - Syracuse game from last weekend, Tehoka Nanticoke put on a clinic, 4 of his 5 goals were pure box skills. Teams like BL doing box for fun is simply a waste of time, the commitment is well worth it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Could not agree more, box is a completely different game with a skill set that does not just transfer over from the field. While I was originally skeptical of the benefits of box, the more my son has played (his club does focus on box quite a bit), I have really come around to the benefits. Although not great for kids that normally play with poles, the transition aspect is great for middies, the tempo is great for working on quick passing and the game really instills defensive skills for both middies and attackmen. If anybody does not see the benefits of box, just watch a replay of the Albany - Syracuse game from last weekend, Tehoka Nanticoke put on a clinic, 4 of his 5 goals were pure box skills. Teams like BL doing box for fun is simply a waste of time, the commitment is well worth it.

It helps that Nanticoke is 240lbs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It certainly does not hurt, especially when driving to the net, but watch his stick skills when he is close to the net, a lot of that is box influenced.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on. I liked you Philly people but this is really lame. Box is a different game. Field players with no box IQ are a recipe for for failure in box. It takes time. One box player on a team won't win games. It's a different skill set. BL is an excellent team. Kudos to them for having their kids play box.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's lame. How about Miles Thompson. Gary Gait. John Grant Jr. ...... give me a break. Chris Cloutier. Nanticoke is a Blackbelt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny because the BL Zeus team has plastered the team page with box pictures.

I think you are reading too much into your recreational web browsing. I though this was odd since my kid plays for the team. I think there was some mix up on whomever is managing the website. That isn't even the Zeus team under Zeus that is their 2024 Team and it is the same box picture multiple times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on. I liked you Philly people but this is really lame. Box is a different game. Field players with no box IQ are a recipe for for failure in box. It takes time. One box player on a team won't win games. It's a different skill set. BL is an excellent team. Kudos to them for having their kids play box.

I posted the original statement about BL box program. I didn't mean to imply that we were wasting our time simply because we weren't ALL IN on the box thing and not winning tournaments. BL has been practicing every Sunday in a box format with box goals. Yes I believe these Sunday Sessions have made my son better' however, in my personal estimation if BL wants to compete with these other clubs in the AA brackets of box tournaments they are going to have to do more as a club. If at the end of they day they decide not to they will not be able to be competitive; however, I don't think it is a waste of time. For example spending all winter shooting at tiny 4x4 goals is only going to pay dividends when they get outside and shoot on 6x6 nets. No time spent on skills is ever a waste. Box game is a great game but very ugly to watch if played with a field mentality and that is how we as a club play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BL kids are out dominating other sports this winter yup real multi sport athletes.

Yup you are right. Our Kennett Basketball team which is primarily Brotherly Love players went up and smacked another local school in basketball I think it was 20-1 at halftime, an this was a big school program. When is the last time you saw a basketball team score 1 point by half. While the other members of the Zeus team are putting kids on their back all over the tri-state area because two of the best wresters in the state play on Zeus. Yuck it up against kids for doing something other than lacrosse. Don't worry they will back in the Spring to put a whooping on your kids teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]BL kids are out dominating other sports this winter yup real multi sport athletes.

Yup you are right. Our Kennett Basketball team which is primarily Brotherly Love players went up and smacked another local school in basketball I think it was 20-1 at halftime, an this was a big school program. When is the last time you saw a basketball team score 1 point by half. While the other members of the Zeus team are putting kids on their back all over the tri-state area because two of the best wresters in the state play on Zeus. Yuck it up against kids for doing something other than lacrosse. Don't worry they will back in the Spring to put a whooping on your kids teams.[/quo

What's a "wresters"? you might want to whoop up on your books!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only a dork would dwell on typos.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As opposed to a stupid post about a local basketball team on a lacrosse forum....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]BL kids are out dominating other sports this winter yup real multi sport athletes.

Yup you are right. Our Kennett Basketball team which is primarily Brotherly Love players went up and smacked another local school in basketball I think it was 20-1 at halftime, an this was a big school program. When is the last time you saw a basketball team score 1 point by half. While the other members of the Zeus team are putting kids on their back all over the tri-state area because two of the best wresters in the state play on Zeus. Yuck it up against kids for doing something other than lacrosse. Don't worry they will back in the Spring to put a whooping on your kids teams.

I thought they were all at the Olympics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As opposed to a stupid post about a local basketball team on a lacrosse forum....

Get with the program nimrod I was responding to the post below:

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We decided to skip. Would rather whup on your pitiful team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you seriously putting in a plug for Kennet middle school basketball on a lacrosse website, get a life and stop living through your kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, I say who cares???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you seriously putting in a plug for Kennet middle school basketball on a lacrosse website, get a life and stop living through your kid.

This is a kid posting.. No adult would post about a middle basketball team when the high school team has only won 4 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their lacrosse team is just as bad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for long about to steamroll ya'll....Just like Avon Grove....they are further out in the boondocks than Kennett and they whupped on mighty Conestoga and a lot of other teams along the way. Fear the "K"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Out of all of the "BL are gods!" posts, this series is near, if not at, the top of the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say 80% of the post are made by non BL people to start something. The Mesa’s, Dukes and Freedoms don’t want upstart programs succeeding and taking $ from there pockets.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like a real solid turnout. Glad to see this league take off this year

https://www.tourneymachine.com/Publ...rnament=h2018013016090849091b16c2e109f4a

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say 80% of the post are made by non BL people to start something. The Mesa’s, Dukes and Freedoms don’t want upstart programs succeeding and taking $ from there pockets.

Hate to burst your bubble but Freedom is a non-profit club. And 80% of the posts regarding anything at the 22, 23 and 24 level and how amazing BL is and how bad/whatever other clubs are come from the same person and we all know who you are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't have a dog in this fight just merely pointing out that NON Profit doesn't mean that you'all aren't making money doing this youth lacrosse stuff. It simply means you are under tax exempt. Whoever is running Freedom is making some cash don't be naive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would agree the NON Profit thing is the biggest marketing misperception out there. There are plenty of non profits out there doing good things don't get me wrong but look up what the CEO of Red Cross, United Way, UNICEF make and I think it will shed some light.

Look at it this way each. Lets say this is the breakdown:

$1,800/Annually in Fees for Club PER kid
20 Kids Per Team = 40 Kids Usually an A and B Team at each level
4th grade to 10th grade = 7 grades thus 14 Teams between A and B
14 Teams X 20 Kids = 280 kids
280 X $1,800 = $504,000 PER YEAR

Don't have any idea about the expense side of things but if you could run a side business grossing half a million a year that is a pretty good gig. I am all for it you provide a service that is needed...but don't give me the we don't make money baloney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays for Freedom don't really know the guys that own it but do know the one founder as he coaches....just bought one of the big Mercedes SUVs ...hmmm.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid plays for Freedom don't really know the guys that own it but do know the one founder as he coaches....just bought one of the big Mercedes SUVs ...hmmm.

That's funny...You just posted the last 3 messages saying you don't have a dog in the fight and then posted your kid plays for Freedom. Which is it Tommy M? BTW get a job to occupy your time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's funny...You just posted the last 3 messages saying you don't have a dog in the fight and then posted your kid plays for Freedom. Which is it Tommy M? BTW get a job to occupy your time.

Tommy M is the guy who runs BOTC by the way... not this guys name

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tommy M is the guy who runs BOTC by the way... not this guys name

Tommy? Tommy Muldonado? Tommy Muldonado from Our Lady of The Perpetually Wet Prep., Tommy? I can't believe it!!! How the heck are ya?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if they are non-profit were does all the $ go? They charge @2k per kid and have no paid coaches...so figure 16 paying kids per team 32k is a lot to spend on fields...

Like Reply Quote
Page 25 of 78 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 77 78
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard