SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate This Thread
Page 119 of 163 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 162 163
#256747 - 02/12/18 02:40 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 * [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs added another Cali and another Texas kid? Must be great for the kids that have been on the team that he keeps bringing in these kids from out of state.

Blame the parents that all agree to it

Agree to what? It’s not like RM asked us if we were approved if he continued to recruit new players from out of state after taking our money to accept a spot on the team after tryouts.

I don’t see other teams adding to their roster since tryouts and even worse since the fall tournaments.

If you really didn't know that RM operates like that before signing up than that is your fault. He is known to do favors and bring in kids at anytime. Just last summer at the very end in his own Young Guns tournament he brought in players to try and win it .He doesn't have to ask for your approval he is the boss. MM is the same way for all his tournaments last summer his roster was different. Which is a big reason part of team left this year. They all had choices to make.

LOL, RM always tries to engineer his line up and his tournament schedule. Been doing it since day one. PT Barnum said it best "there's a sucker born every moment".

MM is the same way brought in kids to play in his tournament other summer tourneys.

Top Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

#256752 - 02/12/18 03:09 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buy a spot on an elite team? If kids are flying in from other states most likely they are not paying the club fees or gear or bribing their way onto a team. Maybe a tournament fee but that is it. Some players do actually come for tryouts and make team as a summer player only and their names are on team roster from day 1.Some players have simply moved in the middle of the year, or some other personal tie with the team or coach. Other players are seen the previous year at tournament by a coach or in most cases they are at a CAMP or EVENT run by the particular club. MM runs camps allover the country - RM has events and camps also. Business takes over and the youth sport takes a back seat

Top Reply Quote
#256777 - 02/12/18 07:42 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Buy a spot on an elite team? If kids are flying in from other states most likely they are not paying the club fees or gear or bribing their way onto a team. Maybe a tournament fee but that is it. Some players do actually come for tryouts and make team as a summer player only and their names are on team roster from day 1.Some players have simply moved in the middle of the year, or some other personal tie with the team or coach. Other players are seen the previous year at tournament by a coach or in most cases they are at a CAMP or EVENT run by the particular club. MM runs camps allover the country - RM has events and camps also. Business takes over and the youth sport takes a back seat

Its about the brand and winning baby. If your brand name club is getting smoked forget about the developmental kids even if they eventually turn out to be first team D1 AAs (due 100% to to their high school not club coaches). All you do is invite a couple of national superstars to play with you for a tournament or two, take their photo in your club uniform and post it on your website for eternity. Lacrosse parents are like the lemings at the carnival. LOL, keep paying away thousands of dollars for a giant bag of hot air. Hey, its your money and you're getting played like a chump.

Top Reply Quote
#256803 - 02/13/18 08:30 AM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Days are chipping away. Season is almost here. The complaining and whining will me nothing. Chumps or no chumps the parents will be restricted to 1 sideline and the players and coaches will do the talking. Excited for some good competitive games.

Top Reply Quote
#256807 - 02/13/18 09:24 AM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Its about the brand and winning baby. If your brand name club is getting smoked forget about the developmental kids even if they eventually turn out to be first team D1 AAs (due 100% to to their high school not club coaches). All you do is invite a couple of national superstars to play with you for a tournament or two, take their photo in your club uniform and post it on your website for eternity. Lacrosse parents are like the lemings at the carnival. LOL, keep paying away thousands of dollars for a giant bag of hot air. Hey, its your money and you're getting played like a chump.

What would you do??

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#256817 - 02/13/18 11:25 AM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Days are chipping away. Season is almost here. The complaining and whining will me nothing. Chumps or no chumps the parents will be restricted to 1 sideline and the players and coaches will do the talking. Excited for some good competitive games.

Do games start after Easter this year?

Top Reply Quote
#256841 - 02/13/18 02:58 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Crabs added another Cali and another Texas kid? Must be great for the kids that have been on the team that he keeps bringing in these kids from out of state.

Blame the parents that all agree to it

Agree to what? It’s not like RM asked us if we were approved if he continued to recruit new players from out of state after taking our money to accept a spot on the team after tryouts.

I don’t see other teams adding to their roster since tryouts and even worse since the fall tournaments.

If you really didn't know that RM operates like that before signing up than that is your fault. He is known to do favors and bring in kids at anytime. Just last summer at the very end in his own Young Guns tournament he brought in players to try and win it .He doesn't have to ask for your approval he is the boss. MM is the same way for all his tournaments last summer his roster was different. Which is a big reason part of team left this year. They all had choices to make.

A lot of naive parents out there....Don't buy the hype, go for quality instruction (coaches), great team chemistry and quality lacrosse. Every club/team has its politics, you can never avoid it. Some programs have a brand with a lot of hype but fail to deliver consistently at every age group. Some have abusive (and I don't mean tough) coaches that have no business coaching youth at any level. Paying a coach like that to coach your kids is masochistic. Watch a couple of practices with the coach you're interviewing and see if it fits your family. Caveat Emptor is the phrase of the day.

This is where Evergreen shines. We tried this club 2 years ago. A new club dedicated to training and the development of players. Cash is still king where you can buy a spot on the Elite teams without a single tryout. Elite players (some of them) have a hard time catching and passing but Daddy paid extra so the player is Elite. Evergreen is a development club keep this in mind. Great fields a lot of top notch training during the week. Players do seem to have fun. Heads up the Director RR won't respond to emails without $$$ in the subject line or if you are a new cash cow errrr player. Players enjoy the coaches, and some coaches without fail will show up to games as a perfect example of 5th year college students - tired and smelling of booze wearing the same shirt as the night before. Not all coaches though. Poor communication, misleading communication, and politics drive most away over to VEL, BattleLax, and other bottom feeders in the NVA. If your son can make the Evergreen team and shine move him to another club to get better. 1st or 2nd year player learning to run and cradle at the same time Evergreen is for you.

Evergreen needs to keep developing. I have been from Florida to Canada with my sons teams over the last 3 years and have never seen Evergreen play or even heard of them until this forum. If Bigfoot is an Elite lacrosse player, he must be wearing an Evergreen Jersey.

Top Reply Quote
#256854 - 02/13/18 04:17 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Do games start after Easter this year?

season starts 3/24-25

Top Reply Quote
#256861 - 02/13/18 04:51 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Evergreen needs to keep developing. I have been from Florida to Canada with my sons teams over the last 3 years and have never seen Evergreen play or even heard of them until this forum. If Bigfoot is an Elite lacrosse player, he must be wearing an Evergreen Jersey.
[/quote]
I think you are more likely to see bigfoot than an elite lacrosse player in an Evergreen jersey.

Top Reply Quote
#256873 - 02/13/18 10:00 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think you are more likely to see bigfoot than an elite lacrosse player in an Evergreen jersey.

No..You are more likely to see Jimmy Hoffa hugging Bigfoot than an elite lacrosse player in an Evergreen jersey!

Top Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
#257132 - 02/16/18 07:24 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Site has been quit so I am going to but a bomb out.
I have had the opportunity to see some lax this winter so some predictions.
HAWKS DCE are the 2 finalist for HOCO

very sad to see program continue to bring players from other states to fill their rosters. That has a lot to say about those programs considering we have some of the best talent in the country here.

Coaches make the team. You can have all the talent in the world but if the coaches does not know how to handle it then you have nothing

8th grade year is a good one. Some of the best league aND summer lax you can watch. The kids are at the age that they are good and strong.
Should be great.

Top Reply Quote
#257138 - 02/16/18 08:48 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

very sad to see program continue to bring players from other states to fill their rosters. That has a lot to say about those programs considering we have some of the best talent in the country here.

Coaches make the team. You can have all the talent in the world but if the coaches does not know how to handle it then you have nothing

8th grade year is a good one. Some of the best league aND summer lax you can watch. The kids are at the age that they are good and strong.
Should be great.

[img]https://goo.gl/images/mPrdzo[/img]

Top Reply Quote
#257141 - 02/16/18 09:10 PM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Should be great.

Prediction: Hawks and DCE are the finalists for the most holdbacks.

Top Reply Quote
#257161 - 02/17/18 09:28 AM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: Anonymous]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Should be great.

Prediction: Hawks and DCE are the finalists for the most holdbacks.

If you are still complaining about holdbacks than its going to be another very long year you. Every team has them and they all have about the same amount. So less not try and hide behind it. DCE,HAwks,API,FCA,CRabs ,Dukes,91md,RR--

Prediction: Same [ChillLaxin] parents are the sideline talking trash from the same losing teams! mommy and daddy

Top Reply Quote
#257200 - 02/18/18 08:42 AM Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018 [Re: TM@BOTC]  

**DONOTDELETE**
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered

Neither of those teams are even close to the most!

Top Reply Quote
Page 119 of 163 1 2 117 118 119 120 121 162 163
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
Image Verification

TOURNAMENTS/SHOWCASES
Harding Battle By The Bay
Harding Summer Sunset
Andy Forsberg Memorial Tournament
JC17 Memorial Shootout for Dreams