BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 44 of 64 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Next level blue is going to get destroyed

They didn’t win a game last year. Why would they stay in that division?

The fact you asked this question is why your son is a loser! Play the best to be the best. They are in 8th grade they need to be ready for high school tryouts in 12 months. Loser speak is so easy to find when you look for it.

Dammmnnnnn! Good reply. Very god stuff..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a good group of teams overall. You will always have the top and bottom teams and by now at this age group it does not change by much.

2022 Elite
Annapolis Hawks(1)
API Diamondbacks(9)
Crabs(6)
DC Express Black(2)
FCA Blue(8)
Koopers(4)
Madlax Capitol(5)
Next Level Blue(10)
Roughriders(3)
Team 91(7)

If the Koopers team has most of their dukes players there is no way they end up 4th. And how do you have Crabs ranked ahead of teams they haven't come close to beating?

And how do you have Roughriders ranked ahead of Crabs who they lost to last summer?

The Crabs team they lost to by a goal last summer had the Petros and some other guest players that aren't actually on the team.

Don't sleep on the Rough Riders- easily top 5 of this group

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a good group of teams overall. You will always have the top and bottom teams and by now at this age group it does not change by much.

2022 Elite
Annapolis Hawks(1)
API Diamondbacks(9)
Crabs(6)
DC Express Black(2)
FCA Blue(8)
Koopers(4)
Madlax Capitol(5)
Next Level Blue(10)
Roughriders(3)
Team 91(7)

If the Koopers team has most of their dukes players there is no way they end up 4th. And how do you have Crabs ranked ahead of teams they haven't come close to beating?

Such a joke for Dukes to be disguised as Koopers. And HOCO allowing a 30 man roster to help them out. A disgrace all way around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 Elite
Annapolis Hawks(1)
API Diamondbacks(9)
Crabs(6)
DC Express Black(2)
FCA Blue(8)
Koopers(4)
Madlax Capitol(5)
Next Level Blue(10)
Roughriders(3)
Team 91(7)

Such a joke for Dukes to be disguised as Koopers. And HOCO allowing a 30 man roster to help them out. A disgrace all way around.

Its the HOCO. what do you expect. .These jerks are one of the reasons for all this grade based garbage. They started a grade based league a few years ago to accommodate private school prefirsts/holdbacks. Of course its no wonder that one of the directors has a holdback in private school. Once a place to place was put in place..they came a running with their holdbacks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 Elite
Annapolis Hawks(1)
API Diamondbacks(9)
Crabs(6)
DC Express Black(2)
FCA Blue(8)
Koopers(4)
Madlax Capitol(5)
Next Level Blue(10)
Roughriders(3)
Team 91(7)

And how do you have Roughriders ranked ahead of Crabs who they lost to last summer?

The Crabs team they lost to by a goal last summer had the Petros and some other guest players that aren't actually on the team.

Don't sleep on the Rough Riders- easily top 5 of this group

You mean the guys that specialize in cheapshots against a team then running scared the rest of the summer. Yeah ok

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to break it to you, but not everyone takes it seriously. Families don't go no vacation during Crab Feast and other tournaments like that. And clubs would much rather say they won a tournament then a HoCo game. LI clubs don't even have a spring league. A win over LIE, Igloo, 91, PrimeTime are much more gratifying then playing Hawks, FCA, Crabs, DCE, etc over and over.

You're right, not everyone does. Most club coaches (for the top club programs) ask that families hold off on vacations until late July or early August. That's a reality among the top clubs. No, middle school intramural games really don't matter and often reinforce bad habits. Of course beating top OCC opponents matter but not any more than beating a strong local rival.

The reality is 8th grade lacrosse really matters developmentally. Let me tell you why...kids are starting to hit or come out of puberty. You can tell by the 10th grade for 90% of the boys (there are always outliers) who's D1 material or not. How much a boy develops in 8th grades directly impacts whether he makes a F/S, JV or Varsity team as a freshman. Why do you think the top local high school coaches are out at the top 8th grade club games? Because it doesn't matter? Where a boy is slotted in 9th grade often has a direct impact as to his progression. Am I saying an obvious superstar can't leapfrog a bunch of laxers...of course they can but all else being equal higher level generally means better training and competition. Keep deluding yourself that nothing really matters....its like when a coach tells you don't worry because you're not being evaluated...you're always being evaluated.

If you are not at the top of your game and and on a top club at 8th grade you chances are less than 10-20% of going D1. Do some make it. Yes, but that is the minority. Keep saying it doesnt matter and you have time.
[/quote]

I didn't start playing until my Jr year and ended up on the Cuse National champ team. All players are different and with new clubs exploding out in the West thinking these Md/Va top clubs are the only way into DI you are dead wrong. Show us these stats you speak of - or did you just make them up on the spot to make it sound like you know what you are talking about. [/quote]

What he is really trying to convince us it that his kid being on a top club in 8th grade means the kid has a 80%-90% chance of being D1. He's not counting on blokes like yourself that come out of nowhere. Or the kids on Tx or Fl that aren't quite D1 football athletes but are far superior athletically to the average AA 8th grader player Hoco this spring.
[/quote]

Nor apparently does he care or give consideration to the fact that a great academic pairing for his son's athletic abilities might be at a DII or DIII school. Academics seem to ALMOST be a forgotten consideration on this board. Playing lacrosse, though tons of fun, and MIGHT give you an assist to get into a college/university that you might otherwise be a marginal consideration for, will not pay the bills! You can expect you little D1 millennial to keep up residence in the family home after the conclusion of his "successful" D1 career at say "Canisius" by way of example. No knock on Canisius, but it is no Carnegie Mellon -- oh wait, Carnegie Mellon though a top rated engineering and computer sciences school doesn't even field a men's lacrosse team. Sorry son, they might train you to put the next man on mars, find a cure for cancer, or provide the data administration to the world's most dynamic companies -- but MY dream (I mean YOUR dream) is to play lacrosse at a D1 school! Never forget that, son.[/quote]

Not everyone forgets about edumecation. My son has strait A's. As a two year holdback he can now practically teach the classes. :p

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for a strong AA team to move up and challenge the precious elites.

Like who - and please don't say Evergreen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just curios about DC express. Was just on their website and it lists there 8th grade(2021) team. Would there 8th grade team be 2022?
My kid is in 8th grade and he will graduate in 2022. Are they really putting their 2021 team in 2022 brackets?

2021 class is in high school playing for the high school. Is it that hard to figure out? DCE has more holdbacks than all other teams this year but it means nothing since all teams have them. Better bring your A game against this team or you will be crying foul the entire year.They are the clear front runner of this league.

Clear front runner? The team to beat has been practicing in the rain while you've been stuffing handfuls of nachos and mini meatballs into your face and talking smack on BOTC.

ummm...every team has been practicing in the rain. It has been raining for the past 2 weekends. Everyone also loves nachos and mini meatballs. Everyone talks smack on BOTC. Everyone thinks their team is the front runner or the best this year. However not everyone reacts like a ** and makes stupid remarks when they dislike an anonymous statement.

Actually to prove my point, some clubs aren't practicing at all yet. Because as I said, they don't put as much emphasis on HOCO. As much as some of these clubs practice year round they should have every one of those kids commit to high end D1 programs right? Either that or half of them will burn out and not even play in college. Interesting social experiment. My son plays other sports in the winter. Works with a trainer to prepare his body for lacrosse season over the winter. Not sure what the need to play and practice all winter is. Practice starts early next month. He'll be ready to go. Team will be ready for HoCo but it certainly isn't the end all be all of their year.

Its okay, your son is not DI material anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is evergreen gonna play in HOCO if so which division

Evergreen is in the A division. Cavalier is AA. So much for the showdown we’ve all been waiting for.

This will allow Cavalier players to also play on Everygreen? Be honest M, Cavalier days are numbered.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 Elite
Annapolis Hawks(1)
API Diamondbacks(9)
Crabs(6)
DC Express Black(2)
FCA Blue(8)
Koopers(4)
Madlax Capitol(5)
Next Level Blue(10)
Roughriders(3)
Team 91(7)

Its the HOCO. what do you expect. .These jerks are one of the reasons for all this grade based garbage. They started a grade based league a few years ago to accommodate private school prefirsts/holdbacks. Of course its no wonder that one of the directors has a holdback in private school. Once a place to place was put in place..they came a running with their holdbacks

That can't be true about the Dukes ? 30 man roster?
HOCO is hardly to blame for anything other than running the biggest lacrosse league for every skill level, age and grade. If you can't find a good fit for your kid or team in this league than you simply have bigger issues. The NPYL folded a few years back which was a league solely for top club lacrosse with its own rules. HOCO gave these teams a home. Comical that sore loser dads come on here bashing the best all around lacrosse league in the country. There is more opportunity for kids to find their level of the sport. 2022 alone has 5 divisions to play in. Save the name calling and bitterness for your wife and the simply decision making process at your home.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Actually to prove my point, some clubs aren't practicing at all yet. Because as I said, they don't put as much emphasis on HOCO. As much as some of these clubs practice year round they should have every one of those kids commit to high end D1 programs right? Either that or half of them will burn out and not even play in college. Interesting social experiment. My son plays other sports in the winter. Works with a trainer to prepare his body for lacrosse season over the winter. Not sure what the need to play and practice all winter is. Practice starts early next month. He'll be ready to go. Team will be ready for HoCo but it certainly isn't the end all be all of their year.

I got news for you. Yours probably isn't either. The percentage of kids that will play D1, even in the elite division of HOCO in 8th grade, is very small.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I got news for you. Yours probably isn't either. The percentage of kids that will play D1, even in the elite division of HOCO in 8th grade, is very small.

I think we had this talk about the Elite level players in HOCO and how many play D1. I can not find the number everyone settled on but I think we can at least say its 3 or 4 times higher then the US avg. of kids going D1.
If you have 8 teams in elite and on avg 5 of the 20 kids from that team go D1 someone good at math give us this number?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

I think we had this talk about the Elite level players in HOCO and how many play D1. I can not find the number everyone settled on but I think we can at least say its 3 or 4 times higher then the US avg. of kids going D1.
If you have 8 teams in elite and on avg 5 of the 20 kids from that team go D1 someone good at math give us this number?

That's 25%. But point is, 5 of 20 kids is going to make on average 15 of those dads very upset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

That's 25%. But point is, 5 of 20 kids is going to make on average 15 of those dads very upset.

That number is way too high.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

There is not a chance this number is way to high. Name a club in Elite and I will go to the website and see the 2018 class going D1 I am sure none of them will have less then 3. And some of the clubs have 9 so that could avg. 5 per team with no effort. You have to count the Hamptons and 60th ranked D1 teams as D1 not just the ACC big ten teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

Simply look at the 2018-2019 classes and their ELITE club teams. How many of those kids are playing D-1, D2 and D3. The answer is a lot . Remember this new thread about an old topic steamed from a Dad claiming his sons team hasn't practice or trained all year and still are not for this Spring league that starts in 5,6 weeks. Team that doesn't care about the league they play in or preparing their players to play. Yet wants to deflect and bash clubs and teams that due.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

What is the goal of your team if its not to win the league they play in? Win a summer tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Develop, compete, be a good teammate, persevere to name a few.
BTW... pretty sure coaches are looking for those things much more than who wins the HOCO league or a tournament. Those traits will also be far more important in life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]

What is the goal of your team if its not to win the league they play in? Win a summer tournament?

The goal of all these teams should be to develop their players to play varsity in high school and hopefully in college some day. Not to wear them down by practicing 5 days a week to win HoCo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the goal of these teams is to develop their players for high school and hopefully beyond. And they don’t practice anywhere near 5 days a week...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Develop, compete, be a good teammate, persevere to name a few.
BTW... pretty sure coaches are looking for those things much more than who wins the HOCO league or a tournament. Those traits will also be far more important in life.

Winning is a habit in life and so is losing. Not saying you're going to win everything, but if you prepare to win and position yourself on a team with potential you will win more than you lose.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you have 8 teams in elite and on avg 5 of the 20 kids from that team go D1 someone good at math give us this number? [/quote]

That's 25%. But point is, 5 of 20 kids is going to make on average 15 of those dads very upset.[/quote]

Funny stuff^^^

The reality is that many of the top programs in HOCO have far more than 25% of their roster who are committed to D1 programs. Check out the 2018/2019 Madlax, Crabs, and Hawks rosters.

For instance, Madlax 2019 has (12) local DMV kids committed to DI programs, and Madlax 2018 has (15) local DMV kids.

Crabs 2019 has (8) 2019 D1 commits and Crabs 2018 has (16) D1 commits.

It's solely dependent on that particular year's class for every team. Some are really talented, some aren't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The true age base13 and 14 boys 2022 are just starting hit growth spurts. So we see what’s happens with kids but coaches aren’t looking at them now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2022 Elite
Annapolis Hawks(1)
API Diamondbacks(9)
Crabs(6)
DC Express Black(2)
FCA Blue(8)
Koopers(4)
Madlax Capitol(5)
Next Level Blue(10)
Roughriders(3)
Team 91(7)

That can't be true about the Dukes ? 30 man roster?
HOCO is hardly to blame for anything other than running the biggest lacrosse league for every skill level, age and grade. If you can't find a good fit for your kid or team in this league than you simply have bigger issues. The NPYL folded a few years back which was a league solely for top club lacrosse with its own rules. HOCO gave these teams a home. Comical that sore loser dads come on here bashing the best all around lacrosse league in the country. There is more opportunity for kids to find their level of the sport. 2022 alone has 5 divisions to play in. Save the name calling and bitterness for your wife and the simply decision making process at your home.

HOCO is ONE of the top reasons we have all these Grade based lacrosse issues in MD. HOCO started a grade based league when ALL other leagues including NPYLL were age based. Even ALL other HOCO county sports leagues were age based at that time. Of course its a great league. It is funded by Howard County Recreation Department with its organization and fields. You missed the point . These jerks could have had an age based league and it would look exactly like it does with on age players playing high quality lacrosse, just like its BB, Football, Baseball County based leagues are today.
They are Jerks and had ulterior motives. They should go down in the Hall of Shame for Lacrosse for their actions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a shame that holdbacks/prefirsts/reclassed or basically players playing down continue to be an issue with YOUTH Lacrosse.

It is an advantage for sure in youth and to some extent continues onto high school. But for many on age players as puberty kicks in the advantage gets smaller and smaller.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs added another Cali and another Texas kid? Must be great for the kids that have been on the team that he keeps bringing in these kids from out of state.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen beat Cavs 12-8 in CBLL 8th Grade Box Championship today. Changing of the guard in Loudoun. Evergreen 2-1 against Cavs for the season, including the last two. Looks like HOCO got it wrong. Cavs won’t win a game in 2022 AA. Evergreen will win 2022 A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs added another Cali and another Texas kid? Must be great for the kids that have been on the team that he keeps bringing in these kids from out of state.

Not a Crabs parent. I don't see the problem with this. Crabs is a "brand" as is Dukes, Sweetlax, Express and others -- including Hawks, Roughriders and Rock which are trying to build multi-state platforms in an effort to expand its footprint and support those organizations such as Hawks/CSE that operate its own tournaments which can benefit by brand identification. This is the trend in youth/H.S. Club lacrosse -- build all-star teams that elevate the brand and enrich the business principals. That will permit the brand to monetize the rationality or irrationality of parents that think that affiliation with the "brand" will make the difference in achieving the goals and aspirations of parents and players. Parents justify enrollment in those programs with full knowledge that you may be recruited over, and that the team will be large in numbers because the brand can command those subscriptions. I am not sure that HOCO should be any different than any tournament that is run in which a brand can pick and choose where it wishes to play. If we locals get feed up we can always encourage our club to form NYPLL version 2.0 and limit participation in whatever manner the subscribing clubs wish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Evergreen beat Cavs 12-8 in CBLL 8th Grade Box Championship today. Changing of the guard in Loudoun. Evergreen 2-1 against Cavs for the season, including the last two. Looks like HOCO got it wrong. Cavs won’t win a game in 2022 AA. Evergreen will win 2022 A.

And no one will care

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a Crabs parent. I don't see the problem with this. Crabs is a "brand" as is Dukes, Sweetlax, Express and others -- including Hawks, Roughriders and Rock which are trying to build multi-state platforms in an effort to expand its footprint and support those organizations such as Hawks/CSE that operate its own tournaments which can benefit by brand identification. This is the trend in youth/H.S. Club lacrosse -- build all-star teams that elevate the brand and enrich the business principals. That will permit the brand to monetize the rationality or irrationality of parents that think that affiliation with the "brand" will make the difference in achieving the goals and aspirations of parents and players. Parents justify enrollment in those programs with full knowledge that you may be recruited over, and that the team will be large in numbers because the brand can command those subscriptions. I am not sure that HOCO should be any different than any tournament that is run in which a brand can pick and choose where it wishes to play. If we locals get feed up we can always encourage our club to form NYPLL version 2.0 and limit participation in whatever manner the subscribing clubs wish.

You’re not wrong. However, the practice of flying in ringers who don’t practice with the team sends a horrible message. You think McClernan or Millon don’t ride kids who miss a practice during the week only to welcome their out of state studs who just show up on game day? I don’t blame the kids or families flying in for middle school lacrosse games, as crazy as I find that, but I do think it is terribly hypocritical to demand the local kids attend every practice, clinic, box training etc. and reward them with the privilege of backing up the stud from CA or TX. I think it says a lot about the brand that the proprietors can’t attract enough local talent to compete with the other clubs. It says even more about the ownership when their are different standards for kids in the programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for a strong AA team to move up and challenge the precious elites.

Like who - and please don't say Evergreen.

People stop with this Evergreen crap. They are an over priced rec club playing against weak competition.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of these Evergreen players also play for the Cavs? What it sounds like you are saying is that Cavs (now basically Evergreen) should have been playing single A all along.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You’re not wrong. However, the practice of flying in ringers who don’t practice with the team sends a horrible message. You think McClernan or Millon don’t ride kids who miss a practice during the week only to welcome their out of state studs who just show up on game day? I don’t blame the kids or families flying in for middle school lacrosse games, as crazy as I find that, but I do think it is terribly hypocritical to demand the local kids attend every practice, clinic, box training etc. and reward them with the privilege of backing up the stud from CA or TX. I think it says a lot about the brand that the proprietors can’t attract enough local talent to compete with the other clubs. It says even more about the ownership when their are different standards for kids in the programs.

Very well said. Also, we accepted the spot on the team after tryouts back in August. This was not done with knowledge that RM would continue to bring in more out of state players. If these kids come to tryouts and earn their spot then fine. But don’t form a team and every couple months there are new kids from CA or TX added to the roster. He is still trying to add the Koopers kids which would put the roster over 30 kids. For what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For what really? It’s about one thing for all these guys money. The more you win the more you can make. If any of the guys running programs as there only form of income tell you any different they are lying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very well said. Also, we accepted the spot on the team after tryouts back in August. This was not done with knowledge that RM would continue to bring in more out of state players. If these kids come to tryouts and earn their spot then fine. But don’t form a team and every couple months there are new kids from CA or TX added to the roster. He is still trying to add the Koopers kids which would put the roster over 30 kids. For what?

Over 30 roster Even high 20's ???? How can all the players get in to play?? I have a hard time believing the roster is that big. With that many players 10 plus players never see the field and 3 to 5 see limited time and 15 to 17 actually play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hawks/DCE box scrimmage today? Who won?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares? Different sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No Brainer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Yes , well said. However, every parent and player on these teams have agreed and chose to play for that particular coach,team and club. Agreed to pay the dues which for most clubs is at least 2,000 now or more. They agree to training, practices, indoor and all the other gear and swag that comes along with it. They also can choose to leave at anytime(but don't) Instead most are just complaining about their decision to accept all of this when it doesn't seem fair at some point for their kid. OR even worse holding a kid back a year so they can know what it is like to be in those shoes of whom they felt cheated the year before. Agree to do it all over for an extra year.(crazy) CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES--
I certainly do not like any of it but I choose to except it and agree to it every year so my kid who loves this sport can play at the level he is capable of playing. What ever level that might be.

Page 44 of 64 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard