BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 40 of 64 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 63 64
Re: Boys 2022 - 8th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. We will play any team holdbacks or not. Just gets us ready for high school. If you don't like the holdbacks drop out of the elite league.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New Cavs S helmets look butt stupid. Like a Cleveland Browns helmet with pathetic stickers.

AND they still play in snowflake tourneys/divisions. Try to step up the competition once in awhile. Even Evergreen played Madlax Capital.

Marty you really going to take this crap from Evergreen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is 16, a Junior in HS and has been playing varsity for 2 years. He would be D1 monster with 14 year olds. LOL It does even out. The hold back kids burn out, get injured or are not the stars anymore and can not handle it. What comes around goes around. Good luck.

Once that holdback hits HS there is no advantage. Unless he is a real standout he will play against much better players at the same graduation year. The "king of the hill" holdbacks we play against some continue to do well but most fall off the radar as their younger counterparts practice harder and longer. The problem in youth sports are the parents thinking their kid is THE kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dc express high school kids ...huge

Well Hawks has a kid that turned 15 this week. So there you go.

It is after the New Year, so any one turning 15 is on age. Get over it.

What the heck are you talking about? In what world is 15 on age for 8th grade?

What he is talking about is his child who was heldback or did a prefirst. Somehow he has convinced himself that his heldback/prefirst child is on age! Hilarious

Actually,, what I am talking about is my 14 year-old, non-holdback kid who does not turn 15 until the final quarter of this year. He is one of the older grade based kids, but a younger age based player. He plays and has played with a lot of 2021 boys. Like many of these boys, he gets screwed one way and benefits from the other. stink it up and go play. If you work at the game. Six months is not gonna make or break you.

You are hilarious. You tell everyone else to stink it up . Then at same time you give your son an advantage other children with SAME EXACT birthday do not get. Playing down. LOL,, You holdback apologists are all the same. Everyone else "stink it up" , " six months is not that much", etc, etc..All the while making sure your YOUTH player is always the oldest. No way you can go by what you tell everyone else to do! Funny stuff

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is 16, a Junior in HS and has been playing varsity for 2 years. He would be D1 monster with 14 year olds. LOL It does even out. The hold back kids burn out, get injured or are not the stars anymore and can not handle it. What comes around goes around. Good luck.

Once that holdback hits HS there is no advantage. Unless he is a real standout he will play against much better players at the same graduation year. The "king of the hill" holdbacks we play against some continue to do well but most fall off the radar as their younger counterparts practice harder and longer. The problem in youth sports are the parents thinking their kid is THE kid.

The advantage is much less as HS and college are concerned. With many players no advantage at all in HS. But being older does help many. There is a reason why many teams redshirt freshman in college. And if you can have a younger or older player of equal ability, most would take the older.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The advantage is much less as HS and college are concerned. With many players no advantage at all in HS. But being older does help many. There is a reason why many teams redshirt freshman in college. And if you can have a younger or older player of equal ability, most would take the older.

Daddy's mad his little tyker can't cut it with the big boys. The world is unfair... some kids are smarter than mine, many work a lot harder, life's really tough for little Johnny...I can't gloat about his accomplishments anymore because he's getting squashed like a bug out there. His feelings are hurt and I can't stand to see little Johnny in discomfort.

Advice: Grow a pair and tell you son to man up...stop being a helicopter parent because the cream rises to the top and the crap sinks to the bottom. You're not doing him any favors coddling him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it seems there are no real rules, off the field, in club lacrosse. My son is an August bday, 13 now, in 8th grade and a solid player on a 2022 team, where he is perpetually one of the youngest every year. My plan is to just put him on a 2023 team this spring, maybe even a 2024 team. If anyone asks us about his grade, we just lie and say we plan on downgrading next year for private school. I am 100% sure no coach will bat an eye. I do feel sorry for the unlucky 2023/24 on-age kid that he will replace. This is the wild west, you really can do whatever you want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well it seems there are no real rules, off the field, in club lacrosse. My son is an August bday, 13 now, in 8th grade and a solid player on a 2022 team, where he is perpetually one of the youngest every year. My plan is to just put him on a 2023 team this spring, maybe even a 2024 team. If anyone asks us about his grade, we just lie and say we plan on downgrading next year for private school. I am 100% sure no coach will bat an eye. I do feel sorry for the unlucky 2023/24 on-age kid that he will replace. This is the wild west, you really can do whatever you want.

You better check the high school eligibility rules (WCAC, MIAA, IAC or for whatever State your kid attends public school) before you venture too far down that path. He may have been born a month too early for a two year holdback. There have been a number of kids whose parents didn't do the due diligence who got to watch a lot of lacrosse their senior year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. I plan to do the same.For sure two years for my boy tho. Why do only a select few get to always be the oldest in Youth lacrosse. I will give the same advice as the meathead did above

Advice: Grow a pair and tell you son to man up...stop being a helicopter parent because the cream rises to the top and the crap sinks to the bottom. You're not doing him any favors coddling him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You better check the high school eligibility rules (WCAC, MIAA, IAC or for whatever State your kid attends public school) before you venture too far down that path. He may have been born a month too early for a two year holdback. There have been a number of kids whose parents didn't do the due diligence who got to watch a lot of lacrosse their senior year.

Like that is enforced! LOL. I know several that didnt have any trouble doing just that. 19 in summer prior to senior year. Against rules.. Blind eye

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES , please go check all the rules that you already agreed to. In fact double check them. Its clear they were not checked before you agreed to play in the elite level or any level for that matter. NO one likes a holdback but every team has them and they will continue to have them unless RULES are changed. Until then don't play if you feel you are being cheated. If a team is cheating than prove it . Holdbacks are a very small percentage just like the ones who consistently whine and cry that they are being cheated. My son and the rest of his team look forward to the challenge and have embraced any holdback on the team . If your still so bitter about this at this age group than I hope you player doesn't expect to play in High School.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES , please go check all the rules that you already agreed to. In fact double check them. Its clear they were not checked before you agreed to play in the elite level or any level for that matter. NO one likes a holdback but every team has them and they will continue to have them unless RULES are changed. Until then don't play if you feel you are being cheated. If a team is cheating than prove it . Holdbacks are a very small percentage just like the ones who consistently whine and cry that they are being cheated. My son and the rest of his team look forward to the challenge and have embraced any holdback on the team . If your still so bitter about this at this age group than I hope you player doesn't expect to play in High School.

I think everyone is sucking it up and playing with these rules. I just think most people would like to hear the people be forced to say "I am doing something shady to help my son get ahead" or something along this line. There are tons of laws I think are crap. I follow them but I still bring up they are crap and will sign anything to change these laws if given the chance. The the rule to allow kids 18 months older to play on the same field at the youth level is crap and we will call it crap. Even if our sons are playing on this field and under these rules. We will still call the rule crap.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understand there is talk of limiting elite to seven teams, all of which will play each other once before playoffs. Hawks, RR, t91, D'acks, DCE, Koopers, Madlax. Others from elite group last year to be pushed to AA, which will either be limited to no more than 10 teams, or have two divisions of seven. Wild card is what to do with Richmond Hawks if they join the league. To be hashed out at competition meeting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Understand there is talk of limiting elite to seven teams, all of which will play each other once before playoffs. Hawks, RR, t91, D'acks, DCE, Koopers, Madlax. Others from elite group last year to be pushed to AA, which will either be limited to no more than 10 teams, or have two divisions of seven. Wild card is what to do with Richmond Hawks if they join the league. To be hashed out at competition meeting.

Where are the Crabs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#fakenews

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

Crabs would definitely be in, RM would have a heart attack. Even though they aren't that good, they are better than Dbacks & Madlax. Maybe even RR & T91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

Crabs would definitely be in, RM would have a heart attack. Even though they aren't that good, they are better than Dbacks & Madlax. Maybe even RR & T91.

Agreed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

Now way Crabs are better then any of those teams. Not sold on Dukes/Koopers team either for summer tournaments yes to play in a league not so much. A lot of changes to all teams since last summer. DCE will be the team to beat this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

They finished below all those teams last year. Put the bong down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

Now way Crabs are better then any of those teams. Not sold on Dukes/Koopers team either for summer tournaments yes to play in a league not so much. A lot of changes to all teams since last summer. DCE will be the team to beat this year.

Stop drinking your bong water bathezduhhh dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

The crabs 2022 team has never beaten MadLax. Please check your facts. That crabs team isn't very good, neither is MD91. Richmond is better than both crabs and 91.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

The crabs 2022 team has never beaten MadLax. Please check your facts. That crabs team isn't very good, neither is MD91. Richmond is better than both crabs and 91.

So is FCA and they aren’t on your list either. Crabs has beaten Madlax a couple times before. Granted it was years ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

It is a new year with holdbacks coming out in droves. Crabs will be the team to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Richmond Hawks would be a top 3 team in HoCo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure Richmond would be 3 but they would compete.
Crabs are only good when they can have guest players.
Looking at the list of teams for HOCO I would think that Hawks , FCA and Crabs would all be added into that group. 10 teams would be great top 6 make playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where are the Crabs?

It is a new year with holdbacks coming out in droves. Crabs will be the team to beat.

Obviously not a Crabs dad and starting trouble. Crabs picked up no kids that are repeating 8th grade this year. In fact, the best kid they added was on the 2023 team last year. I think the recruiting rule change really may have discouraged parents from paying an extra 30k to repeat 8th grade. There just aren't a lot of kids repeating 8th grade this year. Prefirst will continue to happen, but the 8th grade holdback may be a thing of the past.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the list of teams for HOCO I would think that Hawks , FCA and Crabs would all be added into that group. 10 teams would be great top 6 make playoffs

I agree. 10 teams, two five team divisions. Blind draw as to placement. Top 3 in each division make a playoff with winner of each division getting a bye. Play 6 games. 4 against teams in your division. And another 2 (also selected by a blind draw) in the other division. This would make for great competition and allow this platform to continue to evolve, grow and get better. Ties would be broken on the basis of goal differential and not "head to head" due to the blind draw aspect. Just thoughts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree. 10 teams, two five team divisions. Blind draw as to placement. Top 3 in each division make a playoff with winner of each division getting a bye. Play 6 games. 4 against teams in your division. And another 2 (also selected by a blind draw) in the other division. This would make for great competition and allow this platform to continue to evolve, grow and get better. Ties would be broken on the basis of goal differential and not "head to head" due to the blind draw aspect. Just thoughts.

I would say 1 division 10 teams play everyone once and 9 games top 6 make playoffs make 1 and 2 get a bye and 3 to 6 have quarter final

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would say 1 division 10 teams play everyone once and 9 games top 6 make playoffs make 1 and 2 get a bye and 3 to 6 have quarter final

No way there are 9 games. Only played 6 last year. Who cares about HoCo anyway? The kids almost all play 5 days a week at school. Some clubs use the spring to get ready for summer and others take it far more seriously. Too much is made of spring results.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

only so many sundays in spring. more than 6 game reg season means midweek games. who wants to travel to columbia on weeknight unless you live in howard co? hoco will only do 4 team playoff unless odd # teams in division. Then they have 4 vs 5 play-in to semi

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way there are 9 games. Only played 6 last year. Who cares about HoCo anyway? The kids almost all play 5 days a week at school. Some clubs use the spring to get ready for summer and others take it far more seriously. Too much is made of spring results.

You clearly have no clue regarding 8th grade lacrosse. Middle school lacrosse is intramural in nature. Everyone plays and most schools don't care about winning and losing. Harco (with the demise of the NPYLL) is now the only game in town. Everyone takes it seriously. Summer tournaments are great but the reality is, folks go on vacation and/or play in showcases. As such, you never know if a team is at full strength. Aside from illnesses and injuries, most teams are playing with a full roster (save the super regional national teams like the Dukes) in the Spring.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You clearly have no clue regarding 8th grade lacrosse. Middle school lacrosse is intramural in nature. Everyone plays and most schools don't care about winning and losing. Harco (with the demise of the NPYLL) is now the only game in town. Everyone takes it seriously. Summer tournaments are great but the reality is, folks go on vacation and/or play in showcases. As such, you never know if a team is at full strength. Aside from illnesses and injuries, most teams are playing with a full roster (save the super regional national teams like the Dukes) in the Spring.

Sorry to break it to you, but not everyone takes it seriously. Families don't go no vacation during Crab Feast and other tournaments like that. And clubs would much rather say they won a tournament then a HoCo game. LI clubs don't even have a spring league. A win over LIE, Igloo, 91, PrimeTime are much more gratifying then playing Hawks, FCA, Crabs, DCE, etc over and over.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

showcases? 8th grade? You know the recruiting rules changed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is lax Power and PLC moving up to Elite?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLC is imploding and lost most of their better players. Who the heck is lax power? Do you mean Lax Factory? Lax Factory has played teams in the Elite division in the past and has gotten destroyed. There are no teams that were in AA last year that can compete with the teams in the Elite division. Next Level will move down to AA. Dukes/Koopers will be new team in Elite and Richmond Hawks also if they choose to make the trip. That's it.

Hawks
RR
Crabs
FCA
Dukes/Koopers
91MD
DC Express
Madlax
Diamondbacks
Richmond Hawks(Maybe)

Anyone other than those teams are not going to win a game just as Next Level found out last year and 3d, Storm and Cannons the year before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax Factory

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lax Factory

Lax Factory lost some of its best talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLC is imploding and lost most of their better players. Who the heck is lax power? Do you mean Lax Factory? Lax Factory has played teams in the Elite division in the past and has gotten destroyed. There are no teams that were in AA last year that can compete with the teams in the Elite division. Next Level will move down to AA. Dukes/Koopers will be new team in Elite and Richmond Hawks also if they choose to make the trip. That's it.

Hawks
RR
Crabs
FCA
Dukes/Koopers
91MD
DC Express
Madlax
Diamondbacks
Richmond Hawks(Maybe)

Anyone other than those teams are not going to win a game just as Next Level found out last year and 3d, Storm and Cannons the year before.

Just saw the first draft of the elite group, it was sent around via email. Included Hawks, RR, Crabs, FCA, Dukes, & 91MD - all others are in AA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
RR
Crabs
FCA
Dukes/Koopers
91MD
DC Express
Madlax
Diamondbacks
Richmond Hawks(Maybe)

Just saw the first draft of the elite group, it was sent around via email. Included Hawks, RR, Crabs, FCA, Dukes, & 91MD - all others are in AA.

There;s no way DC Express, Madlax and Diamondbacks aren't in Elite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks
RR
Crabs
FCA
Dukes/Koopers
91MD
DC Express
Madlax
Diamondbacks
Richmond Hawks(Maybe)

What no DCE, Madlax?? Copy and paste the email for us

Page 40 of 64 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard