BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 69 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stop wasting your time and Money on jake reed if you are 2017... Hopkins and Carolina Already filled their 2017 committed slots wink

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not bad... my 8th grader was promised that, plus Med School... I turned it down cause he recently learned that port authority cops laugh at the post Obama care Doc's take home pay:)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Guess you cant wait to part with your money so your 8th grader can get "a look" from nobody..!!!

My son verballed to Hopkins yesterday based on his performance at 3D blue chip. Hes the first 8th grader in history to verbal. Petramala is giving him a full ride and guaranteed him a starting position all four years and an assistant coaching job when he graduates. So glad its over and I dont have to wait until March 1st.

My guess is that you are just another LI parent whose kid stinks so you need to try to rain on everyone's parade. Have another son, maybe your luck will be better next time.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Language Violations
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep your head in the sand.

There are more than 100 sophomores who have verbally committed to Division I Schools. These are just the ones that are confirmed, I'm sure there are more.

Where and when do you think the College Coaches watched these boys play??

Apparently it was not during their Junior Year of “High School Ball”.

Well another college added D1 Lacrosse. UMASS Lowell will start mens lax for the 2014-15 season. That will bring the number up to 68 D1 programs. People in the know are predicting that number will be up to 100 schools within 5-7 years. Having said that our age group is perfectly positioned to benefit from the explosion of the sport. From what Ive seen our age group here on Long Island is seriously deep with talent and we should see a lot of these kids on D1 teams in the future. Tell your boys to study and train hard because the future looks really bright.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess you cant wait to part with your money so your 8th grader can get "a look" from nobody..!!!

My son verballed to Hopkins yesterday based on his performance at 3D blue chip. Hes the first 8th grader in history to verbal. Petramala is giving him a full ride and guaranteed him a starting position all four years and an assistant coaching job when he graduates. So glad its over and I dont have to wait until March 1st.

My guess is that you are just another LI parent whose kid stinks so you need to try to rain on everyone's parade. Have another son, maybe your luck will be better next time.

Wow, really? Let me guess what team your son is on.......and you couldnt be any more wrong....the reality is that NOONE is looking at 8th graders for college right now unless your kid is off the chart special. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 kids that play travel lacrosse here on LI that fit that mold. Its not raining on anyones parade, its reality....If your son verbals to a D1 school within the next two years come back on this board and let us know who he is and where hes going and then I will be the first to congratulate you and your son, but I wouldnt get used to the idea.......

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, really? Let me guess what team your son is on.......and you couldnt be any more wrong....the reality is that NOONE is looking at 8th graders for college right now unless your kid is off the chart special. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 kids that play travel lacrosse here on LI that fit that mold. Its not raining on anyones parade, its reality....If your son
verbals to a D1 school within the next two years come back on this board and let us know who he is and where hes going and then I will be the first to congratulate you and your son, but I wouldnt get used to the idea.......

Are you so high strung and caught up in 8th grade lacrosse that you couldn't recognize the sarcasm in the post? Really??!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, really? Let me guess what team your son is on.......and you couldnt be any more wrong....the reality is that NOONE is looking at 8th graders for college right now unless your kid is off the chart special. I can think of maybe 3 or 4 kids that play travel lacrosse here on LI that fit that mold. Its not raining on anyones parade, its reality....If your son verbals to a D1 school within the next two years come back on this board and let us know who he is and where hes going and then I will be the first to congratulate you and your son, but I wouldnt get used to the idea.......

Absolutely never said any college coach is looking at an 8th grader. If a parent wants to spend some money to give their kid the opportunity to go to 3d blue chip or jake reed as a 2017 why all of the hostility? The competition is great which is one aspect of your kid getting better and it is great Dad and son time. That is why I don't get all the negative sentiment about it, it makes no sense and no one is under the illusion it is the be all and end all, particularly for an 8th grader. So if you think it is stupid, can't afford it, whatever, stop degrading those who think it is a great experience for 8th grade boys and work a little harder so you can pay for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know they aren't the parent of those 3 or 4 YOU deem to fit that mold? Oh, right! those parents would not be the insecure bafoons on this website boasting about their kids lax prowess!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles heard already., everyone else has to wait until March.

Well they are special and they make sure they tell you so !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely never said any college coach is looking at an 8th grader. If a parent wants to spend some money to give their kid the opportunity to go to 3d blue chip or jake reed as a 2017 why all of the hostility? The competition is great which is one aspect of your kid getting better and it is great Dad and son time. That is why I don't get all the negative sentiment about it, it makes no sense and no one is under the illusion it is the be all and end all, particularly for an 8th grader. So if you think it is stupid, can't afford it, whatever, stop degrading those who think it is a great experience for 8th grade boys and work a little harder so you can pay for it.

If you actually read the post and understood it I wasnt in any way degrading or showing any hostility towards anyone that went to 3D. I was there with my son and I thought it was a great experience all the way around. Trying to inject some reality into the conversation is all. If my son is picked I will gladly go to Jake Reed and enjoy every minute of it, but im not so caught up in it that I actually believe some college coach is gonna look at my son. No matter what they say there are people on the board who believe that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you actually read the post and understood it I wasnt in any way degrading or showing any hostility towards anyone that went to 3D. I was there with my son and I thought it was a great experience all the way around. Trying to inject some reality into the conversation is all. If my son is picked I will gladly go to Jake Reed and enjoy every minute of it, but im not so caught up in it that I actually believe some college coach is gonna look at my son. No matter what they say there are people on the board who believe that.

Thanks for clarifying. I am not one of those parents. However, if a 2017 does go to Jake Reed I do think it is a net benefit for a kid in terms of potentially getting an invite freshmen summer when it matters a lot more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Orange vs Long Island Express 2017 Terps Black showdown at the Shamrock Shootout in March. This should be a great battle!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 Orange vs Long Island Express 2017 Terps Black showdown at the Shamrock Shootout in March. This should be a great battle!

Ok so the schedule is out or are you projecting who will play each other?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turrrrrrtles....come out and playyyyyayyyy!

Don't hide in you shells for this one. What have you got to lose? Might dirty up those shells a 'lil bit.

Come and make it a shootout at the OK corral!! (that is if you can get to the finals through one of the other two teams mentioned.... But wait.... Maybe you will magically be on the other side of the bracket all alone. Haven't seen that happen before)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps will kill them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps will kill them they pay so much more for training, they are ready.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Ok so the schedule is out or are you projecting who will play each other?
The Shamrock Shootout is still accepting applications. Click on their banner in the Sponsor's Panel at the top of the BOTC display for additional registration information.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont see a Shamrock schedule and I will say, Im a Terp Black parent Im sure that the person talking junk about 91 and turtles is NOT a Terp Black parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I dont see a Shamrock schedule and I will say, Im a Terp Black parent Im sure that the person talking junk about 91 and turtles is NOT a Terp Black parent.

Terp Black? What is that? New team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure about that in 3D camp in florida, Terp parents were talking it was turtles then them no one else close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Terp black is the stronger of the two terp teams. Mr. $ split the bloated roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. Terp black is the stronger of the two terp teams. Mr. $ split the bloated roster.

Wow, Im sure noone saw that one coming........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for the 18 kids (& their parents) that paid to be on the "Terps" & are now on the "B" team...Deja vu

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except for the 18 kids (& their parents) that paid to be on the "Terps" & are now on the "B" team...Deja vu

Yeah there always so honest and straight forward over there. Now that they have your money and you agreed to be part of their program and no where else to go because all other teams are full they pull this. Nice! Keep feeding the monster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

pretty sure that happened on many grade levels/years not just '17.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe now some of u people will realize what kind of dishonest, conniving, money hungry person u are dealing with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe now some of u people will realize what kind of dishonest, conniving, money hungry person u are dealing with.

It's funny because rather than develop players they poach them. Many players they claim as theirs have been developed elsewhere and may have only played for them one year. It looks good on their college placement list. People be warned you may be initially put on the A team in the fall but come spring and you made your payments you might not be on the team you thought you were. Now what all other teams are full. Your stuck putting up with this BS!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone complain about the two teams? The kids on the b team will get to play in games now. Isn't that better than standing and watching? Do you honestly think EVERY player top to bottom on the entire terps team were equal? If you do than you're not being realistic. Not sure what the complaining is about. Why would anyone complain that their kid will get playing time. Unless, of course, they think standing and watching the a players will make them a better player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone complain about the two teams? The kids on the b team will get to play in games now. Isn't that better than standing and watching? Do you honestly think EVERY player top to bottom on the entire terps team were equal? If you do than you're not being realistic. Not sure what the complaining is about. Why would anyone complain that their kid will get playing time. Unless, of course, they think standing and watching the a players will make them a better player.

Please, they do this every year. Now your kid commits to A team and A team coaching and A team tournaments and now is in B team everything. It's about the coaching, practices, and training and the whole package. You play with and against better players you get better. You thought your coach was one person now it's another. Now it's ok to be duped. Buyer beware!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
coaches are the same, it's one team 2 for certain tournaments know the facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids were on the initial roster? Were there really enough kids on the initial roster to make two completely separate teams? That would be roughly 40 kids. Do the parents get to see the initial roster or roster count before paying? One of the first questions I ask is "how many kids are going to be on the team?" At fourty I'd have to think twice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so now 20 kids who thought that they were on the "A" team are now on the "B" team and there is nothing they can do about it. It's too late to get on any other team. I'm sure this was calculated by Chanenbucks months ago. It was his way of keeping kids from going to 91, fl$, Outlaws or any other club. Shameful, but is anyone surprised?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bahahaha!! Let me guess, your kids on the "Black" Terps...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids were on the initial roster? Were there really enough kids on the initial roster to make two completely separate teams? That would be roughly 40 kids. Do the parents get to see the initial roster or roster count before paying? One of the first questions I ask is "how many kids are going to be on the team?" At fourty I'd have to think twice.

Nah, he just picks them up as he goes & adds them on (& their $2,400) Then he splits them up & makes the "Superior" team when he deems fit. It happens every year & people keep "Buying" into it, thinking it wont happen to their kid, until it does!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact is...thats CRAZY!!! No continuity, no security. They are 13 year old boys whose game level rises with their confidence. Being placed on a team where they belong, to begin with, allows them to become better players. Constantly having new players added & "looking over your shoulder" to see who can take your place is terrible for a kid & causes animosity among the parents. Every year there are kids that get better & some that stay the same, thats why there are tryouts each year. Mid season changes is not fair. Thats the facts. Been there, done that & moved on! Good luck Express parents! Just remember...it can happen to you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I disagree. No one is looking over anyone's shoulder here. Usually, unless parents are in total denial, it is clear very early on who the better players are on a team, any team. They are the ones playing, not watching. The only way to get better is to play. So all these kids will practice together and split and play appropriate teams. Just because your kid made the A team does not make them an A player on that particular team. And daddy denial won't have to complain about playing time anymore!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok say 25 kids per team. Thats 50 kids being coached by 3 people. A 16-1 player to coach ratio. This is according to the person who said its the same coaches. Now they will be doing different tournaments correct because coaching two teams in the same tournament and age group is a logistics nightmare. So theses 3 coaches will be doing 10-15 tournaments on different weekends over the summer. Who is running practices? Oh yeah just pay $50 for the clinics because your coaches are away on the weekend coaching the other Terp team. Lets see how many times you have the same coaches on the sidelines. They lock you in early and give you no options. The response is if you dont like it we will refund your money. Where do you go? You already passed on the other teams and now are stuck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The fact is...thats CRAZY!!! No continuity, no security. They are 13 year old boys whose game level rises with their confidence. Being placed on a team where they belong, to begin with, allows them to become better players. Constantly having new players added & "looking over your shoulder" to see who can take your place is terrible for a kid & causes animosity among the parents. Every year there are kids that get better & some that stay the same, thats why there are tryouts each year. Mid season changes is not fair. Thats the facts. Been there, done that & moved on! Good luck Express parents! Just remember...it can happen to you!

Mid-season? Its February and Express is a summer team regardless of what they do preseason. Teach your kid to earn and maintain his spot. It only get tougher as they get older. Enough with the kumbaya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mid-season? Its February and Express is a summer team regardless of what they do preseason. Teach your kid to earn and maintain his spot. It only get tougher as they get older. Enough with the kumbaya.

Yeah mid season. Selections were made in Oct. Teams have had two practices a week and have played in tournamnets. The better teams have already played in 5 outdoor tournaments, played indoor tournaments, and have had indoor practices every week since then. So even though its not summer its already been 4 months since your team has been picked. I call it a switch and bait when your told your on an A team and commit to that team then to be switched to another team. Thats why you have tryouts. Maybe if they had more coaches at the tryouts and didnt take people based on name and reputation but on talent they would not be doing all this changing up of teams. Happens every year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U can try to rationalize it all u want, but there is no excuse for what he did to those kids and parents that are now on the B team.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 69 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard