BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 327 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As a parent who has no idea about the costs of travel lacrosse, How much does a season of lacrosse with the Yellow Jackets cost? Also..where are tryouts and practices held for the most part? Any help would be appreciated..
BOTC maintained a thread earlier this year looking at some of the cost comparisons between a variety of programs.

Long Island Lacrosse Program Cost Comparison

Lacrosse tryouts typically start in the September/October timeframe for the following Fall and Spring seasons. Some tryouts will be covered on BOTC - pay attention to fees required by some programs to tryout for their teams which can vary from $25.00-$50.00 per player. Along the right side content island, you can cycle through some of the Long Island Lacrosse Clubs that we have listed to obtain a bit more information.

Start with those sources and if you have further questions, please feel free to ask. Any other readers who have additional thoughts are free to post their ideas.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent who has no idea about the costs of travel lacrosse, How much does a season of lacrosse with the Yellow Jackets cost? Also..where are tryouts and practices held for the most part? Any help would be appreciated..

tryouts last year were in Northport, the previous few years were in Sayville. Official practices have been at the Suffolk PAL fields off of exit 62 LIE. They used to be at Brentwood. Some teams have extra practices which could be anywhere on the island.

Cost: $50 tryout; $650 membership; 5 tournaments about $750; 5 or 6 nights in a hotel about $850; so total of $2500 not including meals, ribbons, tshirts, shorts, fall tournaments or winter leagues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tryouts last year were in Northport, the previous few years were in Sayville. Official practices have been at the Suffolk PAL fields off of exit 62 LIE. They used to be at Brentwood. Some teams have extra practices which could be anywhere on the island.

Cost: $50 tryout; $650 membership; 5 tournaments about $750; 5 or 6 nights in a hotel about $850; so total of $2500 not including meals, ribbons, tshirts, shorts, fall tournaments or winter leagues.

This is the cost for the blue team. Lower teams that have less tournaments dont have costs this high. The flip side, no one cares about them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2016 yj team was unbeaten at lax for the cure a championship type tourny. Each yj team has its own style of play and some will play a showcase tourny as just what it is not a championship tourny.None of the so called give me a break crowd will put it on the line and state that the yj girls were not playing out of position.To the person who beat them at the Galaxy if memory serves that was a championship format so congrats to your team they deserved to win. Our town team who are not very good even by town team standards beat the 2016 all-stars in the indoor winter league this past year,not a big deal in that it seemed the all-stars were just working on their game. It would be sad though if they were actually going full out to win and lost but I guess they will not want anyone to make excuses.

yelow jackets just beat top guns in semi final 12 to 6. On to finals!!!

Yellow Jackets play to win just like every other organization is a load of bull. The reason why the YJ are so successful us bc EVERY player is developed. Yes, in a championship they play the top of the team but until they reach that point all play...at least on my daughters team.

They also have girls that are older on the team as well. when will the LAX community come out with proof of age like soccer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the cost for the blue team. Lower teams that have less tournaments dont have costs this high. The flip side, no one cares about them!

Remember. if you will going to at northport high, you HAVE to play YJ or you will never make the High school team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've heard alot about Northport kids having to play yellow jackets or they don't play in high school. Do the yellow jackets favor Northport kids over others? Would they chose a Northport kid over a slightly more talented kid from another school?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Remember. if you will going to at northport high, you HAVE to play YJ or you will never make the High school team.

Oh so explain to everyone how a non yj kid started on the state championship team?
Stop spreading your trash!! There is a no cut policy on her team she takes and plays everyone!! Again you must be sooo jealous that's why she carries 40 players on her roster along with non yj kids. Hope she waves her phat ring I'n your face!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats Yellow Jackets win big again Northern Rise Champs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellow Jackets win big again Northern Rise Champs!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I've heard alot about Northport kids having to play yellow jackets or they don't play in high school. Do the yellow jackets favor Northport kids over others? Would they chose a Northport kid over a slightly more talented kid from another school?
The two operations are managed separately.

Given multiple teams in each age group, the Yellow Jackets have more than enough flexibility to place all students with a given Yellow Jackets team. It is then a parent's choice to choose the Yellow Jackets program based on meeting your player's needs.

As for the other way around, the Northport Varsity team is clearly choosing the most competitive team available given their state results regardless of which club an individual player chooses for their non-Varsity training. The Northport roster included both Yellow Jackets and non-Yellow Jackets players during this year's state run.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cost: $50 tryout; $650 membership; 5 tournaments about $750; 5 or 6 nights in a hotel
about $850; so total of $2500 not including meals, ribbons, tshirts, shorts, fall tournaments or winter leagues.

how inconsiderate of you to say no one cares about the lower teams!!!! You need to grow up! There are several lower teams where the girls actually prefer to stay and play bc they don't have to deal with the added pressure of preforming or sitting the bench...color is not what it used to be in YJ bc there are several green teams who are stronger then gold and a few reds in the past that were stronger then green. So to make that statement is wrong. Coach Rose cares about EVERY girl in her program. As far as tournaments I can attest only at my age level we played same amount and same tourneys as blue.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
... There are several lower teams where the girls actually prefer to stay and play bc they don't have to deal with the added pressure of preforming or sitting the bench...color is not what it used to be in YJ bc there are several green teams who are stronger then gold and a few reds in the past that were stronger then green....
Recent tournaments demonstrate clearly that "all of the colors" are being represented at major showcases. While the bracket assignments for the group play competition seems based on color, it is clear that all teams are getting representation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh so explain to everyone how a non yj kid started on the state championship team?
Stop spreading your trash!! There is a no cut policy on her team she takes and plays everyone!! Again you must be sooo jealous that's why she carries 40 players on her roster along with non yj kids. Hope she waves her phat ring I'n your face!!

Ya they probably never see the light of the field...unless its a blow out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Cost: $50 tryout; $650 membership; 5 tournaments about $750; 5 or 6 nights in a hotel
about $850; so total of $2500 not including meals, ribbons, tshirts, shorts, fall tournaments or winter leagues.

how inconsiderate of you to say no one cares about the lower teams!!!! You need to grow up! There are several lower teams where the girls actually prefer to stay and play bc they don't have to deal with the added pressure of preforming or sitting the bench...color is not what it used to be in YJ bc there are several green teams who are stronger then gold and a few reds in the past that were stronger then green. So to make that statement is wrong. Coach Rose cares about EVERY girl in her program. As far as tournaments I can attest only at my age level we played same amount and same tourneys as blue.

I know about 2 gilrs who can contradict your entire post.

BOTC Moderators Note : Name the players in an e-mail to cagesage@backofthecage.com. Until we hear from you, this will be the last posting we allow on this subject from you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2016 yj team was unbeaten at lax for the cure a championship type tourny. Each yj team has its own style of play and some will play a showcase tourny as just what it is not a championship tourny.None of the so called give me a break crowd will put it on the line and state that the yj girls were not playing out of position.To the person who beat them at the Galaxy if memory serves that was a championship format so congrats to your team they deserved to win. Our town team who are not very good even by town team standards beat the 2016 all-stars in the indoor winter league this past year,not a big deal in that it seemed the all-stars were just working on their game. It would be sad though if they were actually going full out to win and lost but I guess they will not want anyone to make excuses.

yelow jackets just beat top guns in semi final 12 to 6. On to finals!!!

Yellow Jackets play to win just like every other organization is a load of bull. The reason why the YJ are so successful us bc EVERY player is developed. Yes, in a championship they play the top of the team but until they reach that point all play...at least on my daughters team.

They also have girls that are older on the team as well. when will the LAX community come out with proof of age like soccer.

FYI It is a U 15 tournament! EVERY kid had to send a birth certificate proving their age! NO ONE could have been to old! Stop with the excuses! Why not give those teenagers credit for working hard on their game and performing well. Top Guns did well too! God bless them! It is rediculous how an adult can come up with this crap, and try to diminish the accomplishments of some hard working kids!Pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know about 2 gilrs who can contradict your entire post.

BOTC Moderators Note : Name the players in an e-mail to cagesage@backofthecage.com. Until we hear from you, this will be the last posting we allow on this subject from you.

my daughter plays for YJ. I am sure there are many people who have good experiences and others that do not. The theme on this board seems to be consistent most clubs care about the top teams not the lower teams, but in the end if your kid is happy then let it go. As for playing an equal number of tournaments, I agree, my daughter has an equal amount to the higher teams, but if you look through the schedules this is not true in all cses, it is there in black and white. As for some girls who want to play on lower teams. This may be true but I can only say that I have been to my own daughters tryouts and here the girls are speperated byt team color. Green never even plays with or against blue or gold and there a several girls who are eager and would love to move up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you need to do is go the YJ website: 20 of 25 girls from 2012 Blue Team already have verbal commitments and 16 of 25 girls from 2012 Gold Team (the team you state no one cares about) have verbal commitments. You can argue which organization is better but this is unmatched by any other Long Island Lacrosse organization. Someone is doing something right!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you need to do is go the YJ website: 20 of 25 girls from 2012 Blue Team already have verbal commitments and 16 of 25 girls from 2012 Gold Team (the team you state no one cares about) have verbal commitments. You can argue which organization is better but this is unmatched by any other Long Island Lacrosse organization. Someone is doing something right!

So would you say if you are not on blue or gold then it isn't worth the money?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
The question about worth should not exclusively be measured by college scholarships alone. Eventually, the training and tournaments provided have to be measured on their own "value" along with the satisfaction your child gets from the program itself.

Now, there are signings from the other "colors" in the group, but the numbers decrease as you go through the rainbow. The college coaches ultimately make the decision to offer an individual roster spot based on quality of play, skills, and athleticism, not the team for which the player plays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we see some other club list of college placement? As of now the YJ class of 2011 did great even the green team.Too early to tell for 2012 but list is highest in state from any program.

The argument that green is a waste of time has no validty. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The question about worth should not exclusively be measured by college scholarships alone. Eventually, the training and tournaments provided have to be measured on their own "value" along with the satisfaction your child gets from the program itself.

Now, there are signings from the other "colors" in the group, but the numbers decrease as you go through the rainbow. The college coaches ultimately make the decision to offer an individual roster spot based on quality of play, skills, and athleticism, not the team for which the player plays.

Do you have a child that plays for a summer program? Just wondering. I can only tell you from experrience that the girls on the teams below blue and gold do not get the attention, training or tournament play the blue and gold get. To the contrary in our case we were treated disrespectfully when we questioned and our daughters playing time cut. There does not seem to be the incentive for anyone, outside the individual team coach, to help these girls improve or move up. Again this is only one person's experience, not necessarily the case for all but you will see a lot of people defending yj who 1. have a childe on blue or gold, or 2. are on a lower team by choice to avoid pressure etc.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Do you have a child that plays for a summer program? Just wondering.
Absolutely not - all are now beyond the High School years and well established in college (Boston College and Stanford). You will always see BOTC stress academics over athletics when it comes to the college selection process.

I can only tell you from experrience that the girls on the teams below blue and gold do not get the attention, training or tournament play the blue and gold get.
Get the attention of whom? College coaches will naturally gravitate to stronger talent that demonstrates interest in their programs, but we can also tell you that a well orchestrated campaign by a player/parent to showcase will yield more than sufficient college attention even without the "blue or gold" label. Ultimately, college recruitment comes down to the individual player, not the team for which you play. You can argue this fact, but college coaches do not recruit "teams", they recruit players to put together their own teams.

As for coaching attention inside the club, one would expect that the non-"blue and gold" teams would have less experienced coaches. This is true in any sport where the player works their way up to a tougher level of training and, in theory, more demanding coaching.

To the contrary in our case we were treated disrespectfully when we questioned and our daughters playing time cut. There does not seem to be the incentive for anyone, outside the individual team coach, to help these girls improve or move up.
Aside from the team coach, who else would share in this responsibilty? The parents and player have a role in this equation also.

Again this is only one person's experience, not necessarily the case for all but you will see a lot of people defending yj who 1. have a childe on blue or gold, or 2. are on a lower team by choice to avoid pressure etc.
We value the diversity of experiences and BOTC is sorry that you are not making the Yellow Jackets program work for you. If you want some additional suggestions and ideas, we are more than willing to help here or on the college board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
Do you have a child that plays for a summer program? Just wondering.
Absolutely not - all are now beyond the High School years and well established in college (Boston College and Stanford). You will always see BOTC stress academics over athletics when it comes to the college selection process.

I can only tell you from experrience that the girls on the teams below blue and gold do not get the attention, training or tournament play the blue and gold get.
Get the attention of whom? College coaches will naturally gravitate to stronger talent that demonstrates interest in their programs, but we can also tell you that a well orchestrated campaign by a player/parent to showcase will yield more than sufficient college attention even without the "blue or gold" label. Ultimately, college recruitment comes down to the individual player, not the team for which you play. You can argue this fact, but college coaches do not recruit "teams", they recruit players to put together their own teams.

As for coaching attention inside the club, one would expect that the non-"blue and gold" teams would have less experienced coaches. This is true in any sport where the player works their way up to a tougher level of training and, in theory, more demanding coaching.

To the contrary in our case we were treated disrespectfully when we questioned and our daughters playing time cut. There does not seem to be the incentive for anyone, outside the individual team coach, to help these girls improve or move up.
Aside from the team coach, who else would share in this responsibilty? The parents and player have a role in this equation also.

Again this is only one person's experience, not necessarily the case for all but you will see a lot of people defending yj who 1. have a childe on blue or gold, or 2. are on a lower team by choice to avoid pressure etc.
We value the diversity of experiences and BOTC is sorry that you are not making the Yellow Jackets program work for you. If you want some additional suggestions and ideas, we are more than willing to help here or on the college board.

Regarding attention I am referring to the directors. Regarding speaking up, I am referring to the directors. The directors are the problem.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Regarding attention I am referring to the directors. Regarding speaking up, I am referring to the directors. The directors are the problem.
With a club of 600 players, it is hard to see how any single person can be "up close and personal" with each and every group. The fact, simply stated, is that the directors are not going anywhere. At that point, it is your choice whether the system is adding sufficient value for your child. It sounds like, as Albus Dumbledore would say, "a change of colors is in order". In your case, perhaps another club might offer a different set of opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
My daughter tried out for YJ and it's true, the girls already on the blue team tried out separately. I think the gold girls tried out with the hoi polloi but not really sure. I remember thinking at the time that segregating the blue girls out was a bunch of hooey. Like, why have a tryout if your blue team is essentially having a practice while everyone else tries out? That said, I have been told that there is some shifting among teams during the season, so I'll give credit for that.

I believe Top Guns has a list of college recruits on their website. Express might as well. The club links are all listed so anyone can check.

My two cents about college recruitment: I believe YJ draw a lot of coaches at showcases/tournaments by virtue of their club name and success. That said, I don't think it's YJ's responsibility (or any other club's) to get a kid recruited. That responsibility is with the parents and players. If your kid is in contact with the schools in which he/she is interested, and the coach is mutually interested, that coach will come see your kid whether you're YJ or a lesser known club. It might be a tougher row to [lacrosse], the selling of yourself, which is what recruitment is, but it can be successfully done. Not everyone out there wants to go to Northwestern or another lacrosse powerhouse school. There are plenty of fine schools out there who need players. The ulitmate goal of college is graduating and making your way in the world, after all, not playing time or getting to tell everyone your kid plays for Northwestern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of a yj child and I will defend the directors and coaches to the end!! The directors and coaches are constantly re evaluating players and those that complain are the ones who go from blue to green or gold! It has been my experience that if my daughter isn't good enough to be on blue why teach her to complain about it..get out in the yard and do something about it like train! If your child isn't getting enough playing time don't look at the coach look at your child!!! This is ridiculous how adults sit here and banter about coaches and directors...you try and do their jobs...it's not easy!!! My daughter is not on green by choice she was placed there but I will tell you this each and everyday she is in my yard stick in hand practicing...I will also state this when blue needed players they pulled from green at our level...NOT GOLD...so all your stereotypes about the pecking order is wrong!!!! If people spent more time focusing on their child and less on everyone else's the lax world would be a much happier place!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Perhaps one of the YJ promoters can explain why no YJ team won in any of the older years which matter the most at Lax for the Cure, a major recruiting event?

To me, it seems like the YJs did great when the girls were under 14 years old, but did nothing in the years that really count for recruiting, and in the years when many more teams take it more seriously."

YJ U15 national champs again , that has to hurt.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at Northern Rise this past weekend. College coaches were watching girls everywhere, including the different YJ teams (not just blue and gold). Coaches were also watching other LI clubs like the Liberty, 91, LI Wave, etc. It is not just the YJ blue teams that get the exposure. If you have a decent club, no matter how small, and do the effort and have the support, I think your child can get exposure too. Not everyone wants to go to a top d1 school either, there are great schools at all levels that offer good lacrosse and more importantly, a good academic foundation that will last a lifetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a parent of a yj child and I will defend the directors and coaches to the end!! The directors and coaches are constantly re evaluating players and those that complain are the ones who go from blue to green or gold! It has been my experience that if my daughter isn't good enough to be on blue why teach her to complain about it..get out in the yard and do something about it like train! If your child isn't getting enough playing time don't look at the coach look at your child!!! This is ridiculous how adults sit here and banter about coaches and directors...you try and do their jobs...it's not easy!!! My daughter is not on green by choice she was placed there but I will tell you this each and everyday she is in my yard stick in hand practicing...I will also state this when blue needed players they pulled from green at our level...NOT GOLD...so all your stereotypes about the pecking order is wrong!!!! If people spent more time focusing on their child and less on everyone else's the lax world would be a much happier place!!!

AMEN! excellent post! The only thing I will add is that as parents, you should get off your [lacrosse] and get in the backyard with your kid and help. Criticizing others while you do nothing is comical!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
U/15 National Championships - Lacrosse Magazine All-Tournament Team. The 12-player team in alphabetical order, with positions and club programs noted:

Kasey Behr, M, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Kathryn Cavallo, D, Stars Gold (Va.)
Olivia Cole, G, Stars Gold (Va.)
Caroline Cummings, M, Nor Cal Elite
Alex Flobeck, D, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Ana Hagerup, M, Stars Gold (Va.)
Kyra Harney, A, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Riley Hill, A, Long Island Top Guns (N.Y.)
Miranda Ibello, M, Top of the Bay (Md.)
Charlotte Sofield, M, Stars Gold (Va.)
Kaitlin Trombetta, M, Yellow Jackets (N.Y.)
Emma Wall, A, Top of the Bay (Md.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Perhaps one of the YJ promoters can explain why no YJ team won in any of the older years which matter the most at Lax for the Cure, a major recruiting event?

To me, it seems like the YJs did great when the girls were under 14 years old, but did nothing in the years that really count for recruiting, and in the years when many more teams take it more seriously."

12 Blue National Draw Champs
13 blue Northern Rise Champs
14 Blue Lax Inception

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter found her way to her absolute dream school...here is how....she worked extremely hard in the classroom and on the lacrosse field. When she was being recruited we hit a major snag and carol rose saved the day. Any one who says anything derogatory about her or the yj organization sadly is just plain wrong. She cares about every one of the girls in yj. I was amazed at how willing she was to personally intervene on behalf of my daughter without hesitation. She loves the sport, the girls and wants to see girls who love lax get opportunities to become better players and better people. She gained nothing by helping my daughter....my daughter gained everything

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed! My daughter played on YJ White for two years with teammates from school. Long story short, due to the fact that my daughter (and us parents as well) doubted her ability to rise to a gold or blue team and mistakenly thinking that these were the most recruitable teams--switched clubs.
Regardless of that Carol Rose still gave us an assist in recruiting, and did it for nothing! The compliments and advice she gave to my daughter were invaluable and she is now happily playing in college
(with a nice scholarship for grades AND lax). Never should have left YJ....especially before talking to Carol Rose--she is not the unapproachable money-hungry person people make her out to be. The time to talk to her is NOT in the middle of a tournament in 100deg!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

National Draw 14Green top 10 playoffs lost to 14 Gold
Lax for a Cure 14 Blue lost in finals 14 Green in Semi finals

I can't speak for any other age but I know the 14's are very strong blue especially, green right behind. Loads of talent on gold as well!!!

Wait U15 National Champs is that not a 2014 year!!!

12 Blue National Draw Champs
13 blue Northern Rise Champs
14 Blue Lax Inception

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the Suff 2016 team has nothing? They lost to a bad town team in the winter? Well then how did they manage to beat a very deep and talented YJ blue team? The Suff team is not going to make anyone forget about how good the YJ's are, but you should give them a little more credit than that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did lose to a weak town team over the winter at in-line 1 in mount sinai. My point was not that they had nothing to offer but that any team can lose to any other and not every team plays every game all-out to win.I place a much greater level of importance to teams that win during the season in championship type tounaments than teams that win in off-season,scrimages,or showcase events when no official score is kept. If the day comes when a suffolk county girls lacrosse team beats a yj blue team in a championship format then I will give them credit until then give it a rest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes they did lose to a weak town team over the winter at in-line 1 in mount sinai. My point was not that they had nothing to offer but that any team can lose to any other and not every team plays every game all-out to win.I place a much greater level of importance to teams that win during the season in championship type tounaments than teams that win in off-season,scrimages,or showcase events when no official score is kept. If the day comes when a suffolk county girls lacrosse team beats a yj blue team in a championship format then I will give them credit until then give it a rest.
WOW, I just heard that the blue teams from the Yellow Jackets are so stack up that they have 30 girls on there roster. They would never let any team beat them in a Showcase or Scrimmage. Kudos to the Suffolk All-stars, please remember this, the All-Stars are a None Profit organization. The Yellow Jackets are not. The YJ’s can draw girls from all over the Island. The All-Stars are drawing from families that may not be able to afford the big fees that go with a big organization like the Yellow Jackets. Good for the Suffolk All-Stars

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a joke YJ teams are not stacked with 30 on a roster..check out the website before you speak!!! Carol Rose is also not about the money you should buy a ticket and come to her luncheon she gives so much back to the kids and her coaches are very satisfied with what they get as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a joke YJ teams are not stacked with 30 on a roster..check out the website before you speak!!! Carol Rose is also not about the money you should buy a ticket and come to her luncheon she gives so much back to the kids and her coaches are very satisfied with what they get as well.
Thank you for adding to my point. “you should buy a ticket and come to her luncheon” You go to the YJ’s Showcase and they ask for a $10.00 donation to get in for what??? I already paid for the tournament!!! I don’t know about you but I like to know where my donations go to. I like to know that the charity that I am giving my hard earned money too is not going to add to someone personal bank account. Now you go down to Lax for a Cure tournament and there doing the same thing. I know this tournament is for a good cause, but it seems that the Yellow Jackets have their hand in it as well. Just saying……..

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Across the club, the average roster size is approximately 25 players for the summer season (2012-2016 age groups). This allows for full teams at events accounting for weekends that might not be available for some players plus any injuries. The lone exception to this range seems to have been the Yellow Jackets 2012 East team however that is due more to location logistics than anything else.

Additional Note : The Elite Tournament rosters appear in the 20-22 player range on the average.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Added Additional Note
Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 327 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard