BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 48 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 47 48
Re: Boys 2025 - 5th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All that money to be part of those big programs and they are losing to B teams like the Ducks, scrimmage or not? Boy oh boy those parents have to be really ticked off. The earth must be off it's axis. How are those boys going to get their scholarships now?

Not bothered in the least, and last I checked the earth is still spinning and the Ducks are paying as much as Teams with a lot more wins. Clearly, the kids who know the drill from any of these teams act like they've been there before and no one keeps score. But, as usual its the novices and unfortunately their parents that act like they won some sort of Championship. What happened was the boys got their work in, the coaches saw what they needed to see and the real losers got on here to get themselves pumped up. Unfortunately, as it always happens (see the True Blue thread a few pages ago), the Psycho parents are bragging about nonsense and these boys from teams in the second tier will have to pay the price when inevitably order is restored.

Guess that makes your team 3rd tier now. LOL Wow that loss must have really stung! That's what you get for bragging, it gets stuffed back in your mouth when you lose, especially to a B team. What happen? Junior couldn't carry the team? Thought he was so great, he should be able to beat a B team all by himself. Better hold on to those t-shirts after all.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All that money to be part of those big programs and they are losing to B teams like the Ducks, scrimmage or not? Boy oh boy those parents have to be really ticked off. The earth must be off it's axis. How are those boys going to get their scholarships now?

We haven't fed them since last weekend. You don't win, you don't eat.

That's a great post. :~) At least some of us find humor in all of this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We haven't fed them since last weekend. You don't win, you don't eat.

That's a great post. :~) At least some of us find humor in all of this.

You have to laugh at the insanity of it all. SWEEP THE LEG!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Letter to my younger self -

Self - when your kids are in 5th grade, enjoy them, be there for them and always be positive about school, sports, God and country and for god sake do not post on a random anonymous web site about the outcome of a fall lacrosse scrimmage, one day, when it is all over, you will understand what an a$$ you look like.

Self- I know I have been an a$$ on this site for years bragging about my 2nd through 4th graders T-shirt’s, but now I really look like an a$$ when I have to try to justify why my kid isn’t the stud I thought he was as he gets pummeled by B teams this fall.

Send child services to Commack. Several boys being denied dessert.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s see who jumps ship next year and moves their kids to other teams because they aren’t winning enough. You could probably already pinpoint a few. The same ones that were bragging about T-shirt’s, Nuts, and then try to say it’s about the boys when they aren’t winning. So transparent and so hypocritical. Karma really is a son of a gun!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were you really keeping score at a scrimmage? Too funny!

I bet this is your first kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Were you really keeping score at a scrimmage? Too funny!

I bet this is your first kid.

Haha this stuff is great, you cant make this up.. Got to love the Newbies!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.......neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There "must" be a regulatory age requirement put in place "immediately". This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an "epidemic". Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! Where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that "EVERY" parent speaks of . Something "needs" to be done. We need Help.

Even snowflakes like me read this post and cringed - you have an opinion, it is not a fact or crorrect, nor does it make other peoples opinion wrong, it is just your opinion.

"Integrity"? there is more integrity in politics than youth sports, particularly for profit club teams.

"Epidemic" ? really?

"EVERY" Parent, ? well not every parent, not me.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families of children forced to play a game with other children in their own grade.

Sounds like the proud pappa of a big older holdback Rabil. Yes, You are correct the parents that held back there kids for sports would not be on board with the ethically sound family's . Must be hard going through life thinking you know it all? Please your prayers should stay with you, your kids going to need them.

Actually - He is young and small for his grade and holding him back or playing age based would have benefited him in the short term, I believe playing against kids in his grade or a grade older is why is has been able to succeed at "the next level"

So for all of you Don Quixote's out there tilting at windmills your adversaries are incorrectly perceived, your fight is unfounded and unwinnable so rather than rant anonymously on line I suggest you deal with the fact that youth club lacrosse was, is and for the near future going to be grade based so figure out how best to deal with it but always keep dreaming the impossible dream as you try and beat that unbeatable foe.

So probably was said by many parents of other sports - how'd that end up going? Why people think that lacrosse is different in that sense than other sports boggles the mind . . .

Really you a snowflake? I don't think so. Don't be naive and to say its ok to cheat in youth sports because it is happening in politics. And as far as an epidemic! yes, go read the other forums. all posts loaded with dissatisfaction of clubs cheating with AGE discrepancies. It is a disgraceful part of the sport. And EVERY legitimate parent being truthful having kids on age playing youth sports.Feel the same way. So snowflake, ask yourself this? When your undersized holdback Rabil plays other sports and has to be on age, do you hate the fact he is mediocre?Or do you throw a temper tantrum take your ball and say ok I quit!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

.......neglecting the Integrity that is most important in youth sports. There "must" be a regulatory age requirement put in place "immediately". This should be enforced at all tournaments and with all clubs. It has become an "epidemic". Every tournament and every game there is a huge percentage of potential injury having older boys playing down with younger aged boys. Regardless of grade!! Where does a concerned parent turn? This is a great sport that my son loves, but it has a huge flaw that "EVERY" parent speaks of . Something "needs" to be done. We need Help.

Even snowflakes like me read this post and cringed - you have an opinion, it is not a fact or crorrect, nor does it make other peoples opinion wrong, it is just your opinion.

"Integrity"? there is more integrity in politics than youth sports, particularly for profit club teams.

"Epidemic" ? really?

"EVERY" Parent, ? well not every parent, not me.

My thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families of children forced to play a game with other children in their own grade.

Sounds like the proud pappa of a big older holdback Rabil. Yes, You are correct the parents that held back there kids for sports would not be on board with the ethically sound family's . Must be hard going through life thinking you know it all? Please your prayers should stay with you, your kids going to need them.

Actually - He is young and small for his grade and holding him back or playing age based would have benefited him in the short term, I believe playing against kids in his grade or a grade older is why is has been able to succeed at "the next level"

So for all of you Don Quixote's out there tilting at windmills your adversaries are incorrectly perceived, your fight is unfounded and unwinnable so rather than rant anonymously on line I suggest you deal with the fact that youth club lacrosse was, is and for the near future going to be grade based so figure out how best to deal with it but always keep dreaming the impossible dream as you try and beat that unbeatable foe.

So probably was said by many parents of other sports - how'd that end up going? Why people think that lacrosse is different in that sense than other sports boggles the mind . . .

Really you a snowflake? I don't think so. Don't be naive and to say its ok to cheat in youth sports because it is happening in politics. And as far as an epidemic! yes, go read the other forums. all posts loaded with dissatisfaction of clubs cheating with AGE discrepancies. It is a disgraceful part of the sport. And EVERY legitimate parent being truthful having kids on age playing youth sports.Feel the same way. So snowflake, ask yourself this? When your undersized holdback Rabil plays other sports and has to be on age, do you hate the fact he is mediocre?Or do you throw a temper tantrum take your ball and say ok I quit!

He probably doesn't play any other sports. All lax. All the time. Chasing the lax scholarship pipe dream that leads to a dead end.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really you a snowflake? I don't think so. Don't be naive and to say its ok to cheat in youth sports because it is happening in politics. And as far as an epidemic! yes, go read the other forums. all posts loaded with dissatisfaction of clubs cheating with AGE discrepancies. It is a disgraceful part of the sport. And EVERY legitimate parent being truthful having kids on age playing youth sports. So snowflake, ask yourself this? When your undersized holdback Rabil plays other sports and has to be on age, do you hate the fact he is mediocre?Or do you throw a temper tantrum take your ball and say ok I quit!

"And EVERY legitimate parent being truthful having kids on age playing youth sports Feel the same way." - this is 100% false..... my child was of legitimate age and always played in grade and often played up a grade or two to play against better competition

Too be clear, and based on your response I was not clear - my child was small AND young for his grade, he will graduate HS at 17

if the team/tournament is grade based and a child is playing in his grade than it is NOT cheating.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really you a snowflake? I don't think so. Don't be naive and to say its ok to cheat in youth sports because it is happening in politics. And as far as an epidemic! yes, go read the other forums. all posts loaded with dissatisfaction of clubs cheating with AGE discrepancies. It is a disgraceful part of the sport. And EVERY legitimate parent being truthful having kids on age playing youth sports. So snowflake, ask yourself this? When your undersized holdback Rabil plays other sports and has to be on age, do you hate the fact he is mediocre?Or do you throw a temper tantrum take your ball and say ok I quit!

"And EVERY legitimate parent being truthful having kids on age playing youth sports Feel the same way." - this is 100% false..... my child was of legitimate age and always played in grade and often played up a grade or two to play against better competition

Too be clear, and based on your response I was not clear - my child was small AND young for his grade, he will graduate HS at 17

if the team/tournament is grade based and a child is playing in his grade than it is NOT cheating.

Not cheating...It's Gaming the system.... This is a sad lesson. The boys learn this at a young age..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you ever hear the phrase beating a dead horse. Yes it should be age based. Age based is as fair as can be, but it's not. Deal with it or just have your son play another sport. There isn't more to say on this topic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did you ever hear the phrase beating a dead horse. Yes it should be age based. Age based is as fair as can be, but it's not. Deal with it or just have your son play another sport. There isn't more to say on this topic.

I think its constantly brought up because every tournament across the country it is shoved in our faces. I feel like ignoring isn't very American.

Keep bringing the Big boys..... and I will keep calling you out on it..... Just sayin.....

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

feel free to PM me to discuss

I tried to capture the spirit of the thing
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fighting Ducks Chaos is an A team and a competitive one! These boys work very hard to play at this level. They can play and be competitive against any team out there win or lose! Hats off to the coaches and players for all the hard work they put in. They will just get better watch out!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 A teams in the age group on Long Island whether people want to acknowledge it or not. Just because a team is not the T-shirt Champs doesn't mean their not a competitive team. All of these teams are talented some just a little more. Oh yeah and the NUTS are the only AA!

Igloo
Blast
Geese
Ducks
Channy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5 A teams in the age group on Long Island whether people want to acknowledge it or not. Just because a team is not the T-shirt Champs doesn't mean their not a competitive team. All of these teams are talented some just a little more. Oh yeah and the NUTS are the only AA!

Igloo
Blast
Geese
Ducks
Channy

Annapolis Hawks beat all these teams. Stop living in the past, the Island dominance is OVER!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo
Blast
Geese
Ducks
Channy

Annapolis Hawks beat all these teams. Stop living in the past, the Island dominance is OVER!

Annapolis Hawks lost to 91 Blast, badly, in their only matchup which was in July of 2016 (therefore meaningless). Have another crabcake.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the standard Maryland 2x hold backs... anyway genius read the post again, just my opinion that all 5 of these teams are competitive A teams on LONG ISLAND. Don't really care about your 12 yr 2025 Holdback Hawks team. Nuts still only AA team, did your mighty Hodback Hawks beat them?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Dickie Dunn

Look at the very next post that followed our conversation regarding the Maryland hawks that had nothing to do with our conversation.......Comn? The hold back situation is in epidemic.Every time a good team gets beat people will yell out cheaters! or holdbacks! all I am saying is follow some kind of any kind of age rule. And you will not have all this bickering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the standard Maryland 2x hold backs... anyway genius read the post again, just my opinion that all 5 of these teams are competitive A teams on LONG ISLAND. Don't really care about your 12 yr 2025 Holdback Hawks team. Nuts still only AA team, did your mighty Hodback Hawks beat them?

Only AA Nuts are your saggy pair.

Igloo
Blast
Geese
Ducks
Channy

Annapolis Hawks lost to 91 Blast, badly, in their only matchup which was in July of 2016 (therefore meaningless). Have another crabcake.

Didn't your Blast lose to a Jersey team last July 2017? Can't wait until next year when you blame every lose your LI team have to hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo
Blast
Geese
Ducks
Channy

Clearly not in order as Channy would be flipped with Igloo

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only AA Nuts are your saggy pair.

Igloo
Blast
Geese
Ducks
Channy

Didn't your Blast lose to a Jersey team last July 2017? Can't wait until next year when you blame every lose your LI team have to hold backs.

Dat not Engrish im tinking. U muss b 1 fart smella to spek in tungs lik dat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Dickie Dunn

Look at the very next post that followed our conversation regarding the Maryland hawks that had nothing to do with our conversation.......Comn? The hold back situation is in epidemic.Every time a good team gets beat people will yell out cheaters! or holdbacks! all I am saying is follow some kind of any kind of age rule. And you will not have all this bickering.

Agree to disagree - as long as they keep score there will be uproars - cheaters gonna cheat and babies gonna cry - happens in hockey all the time and they are age based but all the sudden "guest" players appear for one game or one tournament - kid on roster #whatever is not the kid playing wearing that number. So IMHO the only thing that will change if you go to grade based teams and tournaments is that if it is a U13 and the kid is fourteen in will actually be cheating. until they have a way to do photo ideas and national registrations make the rule change will mean nothing.

I also happen to be in the minority that likes grade based - play with and against your classmates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to island box lacrosse tonight for the first time. A friend recommended it to us. Great experience for my son and was taught how to play box lacrosse. Probably the only one that does.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out North of the Border Box Lax.Mike Taylor is one of the best around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to island box lacrosse tonight for the first time. A friend recommended it to us. Great experience for my son and was taught how to play box lacrosse. Probably the only one that does.

Until the stick skills are there, no learning box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On Long Island, he is the best around. Rob Cambell would be 2nd,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is fl$ box lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Much more reps playing box most College coaches say kids would benefit from playing box before field. More touched and less standing around. Campbell does an offense clinic at the Athlete Zone during the week. Good stuff as well.
He and Taylor were a team at some point

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the fall classic schedule is out. who's the blast biggest competition in the tourney?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Themselves and their parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the fall classic schedule is out. who's the blast biggest competition in the tourney?

BBL North 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mike Taylor hasn't helped Geese beat Channy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He hasn't helped geese beat channy. Do you even hear how stupid that sounds. So he isn't a good trainer because geese lost to channy. He helps players become better, that's the point. Geese losing to Channy means nothing. They are 10, it means less than nothing actually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He hasn't helped geese beat channy. Do you even hear how stupid that sounds. So he isn't a good trainer because geese lost to channy. He helps players become better, that's the point. Geese losing to Channy means nothing. They are 10, it means less than nothing actually.

Somebody is angry. I'm happy I didn't have to ride home with you. We took the Express.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Less than nothing?? Seriously??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Happy on ride home, happy when I got home, happy that night, happy today. Sorry man, my families happiness isn't based on any of my kids youth sports, won/loss records. Get a life guy. I'm to busy to explain to you what's important and what's not. The man is a real good lacrosse trainer, my older son and his friends love him as well. Use him, don't use him. I don't care at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It could mean that Mike Taylor is great but wasnt given anything to work with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's what losers say, it always matters when you play a game.

Page 26 of 48 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 47 48

Link Copied to Clipboard