BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 69 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No excuses Terps 2017 minus some players (no they were not a B team)lost to the Jesters 2017 team 7-5. That being said they recovered and won out and have never lost to ANY 7th grade team. So reality is if we were B what does that make the 2017 Jesters team who lost to Team Long Island, C?

No, unless you personally feel a need to, just made bad decisions and not disciplined in game against Team LI. It happens, no excuse. Team LI kids hustled and deserved it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Jesters beat the kids that paid for MC new indoor pool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know if any of you who were there yesterday noticed but between games, a bunch of the Jesters kids and Terps kids were sitting together talking and fooling around and being 13 yr old boys. They clearly get it, some of you apparently do not. Is it really that important who won some indoor tournament in January? If it makes you feel better then good for you.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dont know if any of you who were there yesterday noticed but between games, a bunch of the Jesters kids and Terps kids were sitting together talking and fooling around and being 13 yr old boys. They clearly get it, some of you apparently do not. Is it really that important who won some indoor tournament in January? If it makes you feel better then good for you.....

It really is great to see that they are all friends and have a camaraderie that rises above the competition and are being "kids". One of my favorite things about LAX kids!

Parent: stay out of it and let the kids play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles would have beaten every team that was there by 15 goals.

No one took the bait....do you know why? Because it was classless to claim that.

If they are better; so be it. At least show some humbleness. Those kids work hard, just like every other kid; but they are the last to blow their own horn. Lead by example.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All the teams played good,hard lacrosse. It was a well run tournament in a great facility.Some of the refs calls were questionable. But all in all it was good to see all the kids having fun and even rooting each other on in a few of the games. Nice day for our group. Loved the full 40 min games.On another note,remember these posts on these boards many contain no names. Some over zealous parents are making false claims and comments that are unbecoming and trying to fuel the fire and cause arguments. Don't believe everything you read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello you lost to the Jesters first game. That is stepping up?

2017 EXPRESS TERPS won the CHAMPIONSHIP, so i would say that most would agree that is STEPPING UP.

The team your team beat OT, the terps that won it all yesterday beat that team by
5 goals. The 7th grade team that BEAT YOUR 8th grade Jester (i would be concerned with that) well that Terps beat them by 6 goals.
And remember when we played a full scrimmage at Hub with our FULL team weeks back? Your jesters got pounded. Your not in our world, sorry.

Absolutely disgraceful, shameless post.....

Dont worry, noone cares about your world, weve seen your world and we dont want any part of it. My kid is happy in his world where he made a team on his own ability, not my ability to write a check and break some directors chops (Id be concerned with that)....you can keep that lax bizarro world or whatever you call it....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a nice tournament and all teams played well. Why do adults need to take one day of lacrosse and spin so much negativity into it?! My son knew players on several teams and hung out with some of these boys during games. Lets all just be thankful that our sons are playing a game that they love with good people instead of many other routes teenage boys could possibly take.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was a nice tournament and all teams played well. Why do adults need to take one day of lacrosse and spin so much negativity into it?! My son knew players on several teams and hung out with some of these boys during games. Lets all just be thankful that our sons are playing a game that they love with good people instead of many other routes teenage boys could possibly take.

Excellent post, agree 100 percent. It seems to me that the negativity is coming from one direction, the same direction it always seems to come from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey 2017 parents.how many of your 8th graders play u13?having a problem with a school program filling a u13 team with 8th graders. was wondering if it is a wide spread accepted thing

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you people that wtite serious replies make me laugh,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey 2017 parents.how many of your 8th graders play u13?having a problem with a school program filling a u13 team with 8th graders. was wondering if it is a wide spread accepted thing

The 8th graders will be turning 14 yrs of age during the school year. They would be breaking the U13 rule. Not as if that hasn't been done before!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hello you lost to the Jesters first game. That is stepping up?

2017 EXPRESS TERPS won the CHAMPIONSHIP, so i would say that most would agree that is STEPPING UP.

The team your team beat OT, the terps that won it all yesterday beat that team by
5 goals. The 7th grade team that BEAT YOUR 8th grade Jester (i would be concerned with that) well that Terps beat them by 6 goals.
And remember when we played a full scrimmage at Hub with our FULL team weeks back? Your jesters got pounded. Your not in our world, sorry.

Well said! Oh and let's not forget that the Terp 2018 Team (7th grade) also beat the Jesters 2017 team in a scrimmage at the HUB

Is it really "well said" when two people sound like some guido Jersey Shore knuckled headed trailer thugs? Take a step back, and read what you've written. This is youth sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most 2017 kids will not qualify for u13 - some do. In fact there would be quite a few 2018 kids that don't qualify for U13. Those kids that were born in July/August and held back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule for the MLK tourney says 2017 Terps B. Is there more than one Terps team?

Just heard Coach C doesn't have the real 2017 Terps at the tournament today. I heard every starter was asked to stay home. Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. It's a great way to develop the non-starters who otherwise get limited playing time. And, quite frankly; the starters have nothing to prove against that line up of entered teams.

Looked like the later games they were down about 6 kids. There was 17 there today for games 2 on, 23 on the team I think. I didn't see the first game but they lost to the Jesters so they may have started with less and called in a few to make sure they got the wins the rest of the way.

My son plays for a rival club but is friends with many 2017 Terps. We have also scrimmaged them this past fall. I can tell you that if MC brought in his normal starters into this tournament (being the competition in the tournament today) it would look like an interstate sign with the score difference. Seriously. End of day, MC did the right thing.

OK! Here we go! More Express water-down roster-split fundraising action. The parents and the kids will not know who is a teammate from week to week, line ups and rosters will be in no way similar to their status now when spring rolls around. Am I wrong? You can not deny this, as you see it happening now. Good luck, enablers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule for the MLK tourney says 2017 Terps B. Is there more than one Terps team?

Just heard Coach C doesn't have the real 2017 Terps at the tournament today. I heard every starter was asked to stay home. Makes no sense.

Makes perfect sense. It's a great way to develop the non-starters who otherwise get limited playing time. And, quite frankly; the starters have nothing to prove against that line up of entered teams.

Wow. Do you truly believe that? You sound as if you actually do. It is simple; more kids means more $$. Bottom line

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we say Bill B from New England. Very smart. Every time I enter a team in a tournament I will put B next to their name when the whole squad can't be there just in case we don't win the tournament. If we do then our b team won and we are the greatest.

It's not their b team. It's their team down some starters. Every team plays down a few players. They just chose to do it for a certain number. Injuries / vacations/ conflicts happen, not always going to have the full starters. They may have purposely left a few studs home but they didn't need them today and the other kids stepped up.

NOBODY leaves studs home, EVER

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Whoever posted that about the Turtles, try to stir the pot... Not working. Sorry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im a little confused by your question, but as a general rule 8th graders are U-15 not U-13

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can we say Bill B from New England. Very smart. Every time I enter a team in a tournament I will put B next to their name when the whole squad can't be there just in case we don't win the tournament. If we do then our b team won and we are the greatest.

It's not their b team. It's their team down some starters. Every team plays down a few players. They just chose to do it for a certain number. Injuries / vacations/ conflicts happen, not always going to have the full starters. They may have purposely left a few studs home but they didn't need them today and the other kids stepped up.

NOBODY leaves studs home, EVER

Well, MC did.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow. Do you truly believe that? You sound as if you actually do. It is simple; more kids means more $$. Bottom line

You really are a very disgruntled person. It is very clear the level of animosity you have for an excellent program. It is thinly veiled and tinged with jealousy on multiple levels.

Perhaps your not happy with yourself or the team you're investing in and maybe it is not living up to the standard of the express program. You cannot deny their successes and their growth is a direct extension of this. Do yourself a favor; take your kid out of the sport if it makes you so unhappy to compete with a winning program. win or lose; the express kids do it with class and are challenged by either result to improve.

Your kid might benefit by joining up. You might become happy if he's on a winning team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You really are a very disgruntled person. It is very clear the level of animosity you have for an excellent program. It is thinly veiled and tinged with jealousy on multiple levels.

Perhaps your not happy with yourself or the team you're investing in and maybe it is not living up to the standard of the express program. You cannot deny their successes and their growth is a direct extension of this. Do yourself a favor; take your kid out of the sport if it makes you so unhappy to compete with a winning program. win or lose; the express kids do it with class and are challenged by either result to improve.

Your kid might benefit by joining up. You might become happy if he's on a winning team.

It doesn't sound disgruntled, it sounds realistic. Do you see what you have bought into? MC has already divided this team. "The Studs" were left home & what? the scrubs were allowed to play in this tournament? & you are all on here saying how wonderful he is for allowing this? UNBELIEVABLE!!! What is in that cool aide? By mid-July he will have a new team put together, playing in a small tournament & everyone will be on here (AGAIN) complaining about it. Good luck in you oh so wonderful bizaroo world of Express Lacrosse!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It doesn't sound disgruntled, it sounds realistic. Do you see what you have bought into? MC has already divided this team. "The Studs" were left home & what? the scrubs were allowed to play in this tournament? & you are all on here saying how wonderful he is for allowing this? UNBELIEVABLE!!! What is in that cool aide? By mid-July he will have a new team put together, playing in a small tournament & everyone will be on here (AGAIN) complaining about it. Good luck in you oh so wonderful bizaroo world of Express Lacrosse!

take it easy with the caffeine, bro....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey do you know what another team in the express fold means to their owners...$25,000. For some lacrosse has just become a business.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sorry that you feel that way. Can you not recognize that what I have described always occurs, is happeninG right now, and you are supporting it. My child HAS been on a team which underwent this transformation. Most of the season was consumed by unnecessary confusion, and aggravation. You will see this, although I do NOT wish it upon you, as the kids suffer, their game is in no way what it could be, and the parents seem to be always guessing who will be attending games, or tournaments, or practice. We moved on due to this, and see it happening again. Good luck to you and yours

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]The schedule for the MLK tourney says 2017 Terps B. Is there more than one Terps team?

Your kid might benefit by joining up. You might become happy if he's on a winning team. [/quote

Wow.... It is not believable that you even posted the last sentence. Folks, please, for your own good, re-read and delay for a couple of minuutes before clicking "submit". The program of which we are speaking DOES do many things to field winning teams, this is CORRECT. The price that is paid is highly unnecessary. In closing, the team that we left the club which you defend so staunchly, repeatedly "WINS" over our old affiliation, to speak in YOUR terms.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is my point. my 6th grader cant tryout cause the team is being filled with 8th graders. does everyone do it? do you 8th grade parents let your sons play down?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that, to you, I SOOUND like a disgruntled person. It does take a bit more familiarity than can be had in my, and your anonymous posts. WINNING:HAPPY. Oh so mislead!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, of course. We 8th grade parents encourage our children to try out for 6th grade team.We think that nobody who may live nearby, or whom may know our kids from past affiliation, will realize this, and our kids will bash the younger kids around.
of course this is so. Boy, I agree with the policy of anonymity on this site, but I would suggest an IQ qualification be required.... truly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that is my point. my 6th grader cant tryout cause the team is being filled with 8th graders. does everyone do it? do you 8th grade parents let your sons play down?

How are the playing down if they are the same age? Have your 13 year old 6 grader play on a 6th grade team and he will be a stud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are the playing down if they are the same age? Have your 13 year old 6 grader play on a 6th grade team and he will be a stud.

Maybe this 13 yr old 6th grader should play less and study more. Image of Lenny from Mice and Men comes to mind!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you. Whoever posted that about the Turtles, try to stir the pot... Not working. Sorry.

No reference to that team which you mention, unless i am missing something.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard there are 300 plus 2017 kids at the 3D Blue Chip in LarryMiller.
What happens if a kid doesn't do so well down there? Is it true that they won't be invited back?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happens if a kid doesn't do so well down there? Is it true that they won't be invited back?

There are only 120 2017 kids here at 3D Blue Chip. Only a select few kids will be invited to Jake Reeds camp this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 112 kids down in the age group

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LarryMiller event the only way to get the invite to the Blue Chip Rising Freshman summer camp? Do coaches no longer get to submit names for an invite?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my point is..the 6th graders who are u13 eligable(u13 means under 13 years old "george")and play u13 currently are being excluded from tryouts so the h.s. coach can fill his team with 8th grade not u13 eligable boys.was wondering how many h.s. programs do this to compete with the travel teams?that being the excuse the h.s. coach gave the 6th grade as to why they are being excluded.thank you for your witty and off topic reply hopfully we can either answer in a constructive manner or ignore this. sincerly phil

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my point is..the 6th graders who are u13 eligable(u13 means under 13 years old "george")and play u13 currently are being excluded from tryouts so the h.s. coach can fill his team with 8th grade not u13 eligable boys.was wondering how many h.s. programs do this to compete with the travel teams?that being the excuse the h.s. coach gave the 6th grade as to why they are being excluded.thank you for your witty and off topic reply hopfully we can either answer in a constructive manner or ignore this. sincerly phil

Phil,
Something sounds amiss here. Maybe you misunderstood? Some late birthday 8th graders & perhaps the 7th graders could fill a U13 team. Maybe he feels he would like to field the team with the older kids first? If your HS coach actually told you that he is filling a U13 team with kids that are older to "Compete with the travel teams", I would have a real issue with having my son play for him. Something sounds "Fishy".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are only 120 2017 kids here at 3D Blue Chip. Only a select few kids will be invited to Jake Reeds camp this summer.

how are our Long Island boys representing down there?

what regions are included in this camp?

thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the LarryMiller event the only way to get the invite to the Blue Chip Rising Freshman summer camp? Do coaches no longer get to submit names for an invite?

It was told to me that this is the way Rising Freshman get inivited to the camp. Their coaches had to make recommendations to be accepted to this LarryMiller qualifyng selection event; and then the performance of the camper this weekend determines if they get invited to the actual summer Blue Chip Camp... I could be totally wrong, however.

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 69 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard