BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,798
Posts383,917
Members2,604
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of course it's the real YJ team. Look online at the tourney roster and the team roster. There may be a few other girls on the tourney roste but mainly the full yjA roster! they got crushed. Maybe they had a bad day , maybe they just got beat by a better team. . FL beat skywalkers as well. FL girls are holdbacjs too?



Skywalkers also lost to TG 11-7


And Liberty took down TG 2020 Black this weekend


Not only did Liberty take down 2020 Black the Liberty 2019 Team took down TG 2019 Black 14-2. My daughter plays for another LI club (Elevate) and I watched parts of both of these games as I like to watch the LI teams play. Liberty is a very well coached club and now doubt falls right behind YJ in many age groups.


Liberty is such a great program with such great coaching that it can't even fill 2 teams per grade/year!! Players have given up with this club. Especially the negativity of DG. just terrible.,
Let let you in on a secret about Liberty, D.G., To my knowledge, never wanted to to field even a second team. She wants to concentrate on a single team per age group. My daughter came up through Liberty, and I don't know a single parent that has, or had a daughter play for liberty, that will say D.G has a negative tendencies . To say that she is unfair because she has a lot of girls from 'set is the same as saying that Bertalone is unfair because he take a lot of girls from M.S.or rose is unfair because she takes a lot of girls from N.P.or that Thorn is unfair because she takes a lot from ESM. Yes she pushed for her 'set girls more actively, but that is understandable because she's also there H.S. coach. Why don't you Y.J. drones say the same about the afore mentioned Y.J. coaches, they do the same thing? Her help for my daughter went beyond anything I ever imagined a club coach would do for her and believe me, we don't live in 'set. Stop spreading misinformation about a club and coach your daughter obviesoly never played for. And HA HA YOU GOT BEAT BY THEM


"Let let you in on a secret about Liberty, D.G., To my knowledge, never wanted to field even a second team. She wants to concentrate on a single team per age group. "

So..what does that say about DG?...that she is duplicitous in fielding 2 teams at multiple age groups, when according to you, she just wants to concentrate on ONE team per age group? So all these years, we have been duped....hmmmm

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes, and the point was.. 2 years ago when Curcio played all the girls equally, they use to beat up on M&D Black.. now with her new " coaching" philosophy of play to win at all cost.. they have not won anything or beaten a meaningful team in 2 years . While all the other teams sub out, you have to see the gassed middies not being able to get back and help on defense which puts the defense in a bad situation .. then switch middies with attack and defense.. not realizing that attack players cant man up and defend, don't know now to slide or communicate on defense.. they only know how to ride... M&D embarrassed them again.. they seem to have it right.. they play everyone equally. and in the last game on Sunday.. which was a SHOWCASE game.. M&D played their backup goalie who was not committed 3/4 of the game to get her looks.. that is what a real organization who cares about their players do... gets all the kids looks.. Good luck with the summer of 2018.. wont be any different than the summer of 2016 or 2017. Oh and can't wait for certain girls who wont show up to the " mandatory " winter practices.. while Curcio said if you don't show up you wont play.. how she will enforce that??? she didn't enforce it this weekend I can tell you that.


Nobody cares in that group, that whole me first group is committed. They paid into the devil, they had bad coaching, the parents are terrible to be around but at the end they all got exactly what they wanted, a verbal commitment. Good for the girls but its still toxic club and hideous parents. Those parents embrace being disliked

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes, and the point was.. 2 years ago when Curcio played all the girls equally, they use to beat up on M&D Black.. now with her new " coaching" philosophy of play to win at all cost.. they have not won anything or beaten a meaningful team in 2 years . While all the other teams sub out, you have to see the gassed middies not being able to get back and help on defense which puts the defense in a bad situation .. then switch middies with attack and defense.. not realizing that attack players cant man up and defend, don't know now to slide or communicate on defense.. they only know how to ride... M&D embarrassed them again.. they seem to have it right.. they play everyone equally. and in the last game on Sunday.. which was a SHOWCASE game.. M&D played their backup goalie who was not committed 3/4 of the game to get her looks.. that is what a real organization who cares about their players do... gets all the kids looks.. Good luck with the summer of 2018.. wont be any different than the summer of 2016 or 2017. Oh and can't wait for certain girls who wont show up to the " mandatory " winter practices.. while Curcio said if you don't show up you wont play.. how she will enforce that??? she didn't enforce it this weekend I can tell you that.


Here is the problem with your nonsense, you obviously are just some douchie pot stirrer with no kid on the team , if you had a kid on the team you would realize that they beat MD last weekend so they have traded wins vs MD in the fall. When you get that basic fact wrong everything else you say is just obviously bs. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes, and the point was.. 2 years ago when Curcio played all the girls equally, they use to beat up on M&D Black.. now with her new " coaching" philosophy of play to win at all cost.. they have not won anything or beaten a meaningful team in 2 years . While all the other teams sub out, you have to see the gassed middies not being able to get back and help on defense which puts the defense in a bad situation .. then switch middies with attack and defense.. not realizing that attack players cant man up and defend, don't know now to slide or communicate on defense.. they only know how to ride... M&D embarrassed them again.. they seem to have it right.. they play everyone equally. and in the last game on Sunday.. which was a SHOWCASE game.. M&D played their backup goalie who was not committed 3/4 of the game to get her looks.. that is what a real organization who cares about their players do... gets all the kids looks.. Good luck with the summer of 2018.. wont be any different than the summer of 2016 or 2017. Oh and can't wait for certain girls who wont show up to the " mandatory " winter practices.. while Curcio said if you don't show up you wont play.. how she will enforce that??? she didn't enforce it this weekend I can tell you that.


Here is the problem with your nonsense, you obviously are just some douchie pot stirrer with no kid on the team , if you had a kid on the team you would realize that they beat MD last weekend so they have traded wins vs MD in the fall. When you get that basic fact wrong everything else you say is just obviously bs. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.


I don't have a dog in this but if someone is quoting "mandatory" winter practices and other information it sounds like its coming from your own team. So calling someone a childish name kind of puts you on that same level. Maybe its just as simple as other teams are better or perhaps the poster is correct the new coaching philosophy doesn't work. Facts are your "team" doesn't win nearly as much as they used too, the philosophy was in the past was somewhat of a "team" defenders played defense, middies played midfield and attackers played attack. Now you have attackers that can't score or feed, middies who are gassed and defenders who well God only knows, I don't even want to get into your goalie situation. So have fun killing each other and yes your star parents have made a stink to both your coach and CR its not a secret....... its not working but its not a secret

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes, and the point was.. 2 years ago when Curcio played all the girls equally, they use to beat up on M&D Black.. now with her new " coaching" philosophy of play to win at all cost.. they have not won anything or beaten a meaningful team in 2 years . While all the other teams sub out, you have to see the gassed middies not being able to get back and help on defense which puts the defense in a bad situation .. then switch middies with attack and defense.. not realizing that attack players cant man up and defend, don't know now to slide or communicate on defense.. they only know how to ride... M&D embarrassed them again.. they seem to have it right.. they play everyone equally. and in the last game on Sunday.. which was a SHOWCASE game.. M&D played their backup goalie who was not committed 3/4 of the game to get her looks.. that is what a real organization who cares about their players do... gets all the kids looks.. Good luck with the summer of 2018.. wont be any different than the summer of 2016 or 2017. Oh and can't wait for certain girls who wont show up to the " mandatory " winter practices.. while Curcio said if you don't show up you wont play.. how she will enforce that??? she didn't enforce it this weekend I can tell you that.


Here is the problem with your nonsense, you obviously are just some douchie pot stirrer with no kid on the team , if you had a kid on the team you would realize that they beat MD last weekend so they have traded wins vs MD in the fall. When you get that basic fact wrong everything else you say is just obviously bs. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.


I don't have a dog in this but if someone is quoting "mandatory" winter practices and other information it sounds like its coming from your own team. So calling someone a childish name kind of puts you on that same level. Maybe its just as simple as other teams are better or perhaps the poster is correct the new coaching philosophy doesn't work. Facts are your "team" doesn't win nearly as much as they used too, the philosophy was in the past was somewhat of a "team" defenders played defense, middies played midfield and attackers played attack. Now you have attackers that can't score or feed, middies who are gassed and defenders who well God only knows, I don't even want to get into your goalie situation. So have fun killing each other and yes your star parents have made a stink to both your coach and CR its not a secret....... its not working but its not a secret


For someone who does not have a dog in this fight you sure pretend to know way too much which makes you a bit of a stalker or just a liar. The poster was called douchie because they are just flat out making up nonsense. Wow they split games with MD in fall showcase tournaments and you are acting like its some horrible team. Honestly if Curcio told them at the end of last season what to expect moving forward and she has stuck to her word then good for her . If that is the case they should shut their mouths because they were told what was to come. If she went back on her word than people would have something to complain about. That said I watched them play last week and in no way did they seem to be playing to win at all costs so this seems to be a couple disgruntled parents acting like cowards instead of speaking directly with the coach.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020's with CR Curcio and Jones have rode the gravy train for almost 9-10 years with this group. If I was part of that group and still not committed I would be screaming my head off because wins don't matter at this point but playing time does as kids try to get college looks.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes, and the point was.. 2 years ago when Curcio played all the girls equally, they use to beat up on M&D Black.. now with her new " coaching" philosophy of play to win at all cost.. they have not won anything or beaten a meaningful team in 2 years . While all the other teams sub out, you have to see the gassed middies not being able to get back and help on defense which puts the defense in a bad situation .. then switch middies with attack and defense.. not realizing that attack players cant man up and defend, don't know now to slide or communicate on defense.. they only know how to ride... M&D embarrassed them again.. they seem to have it right.. they play everyone equally. and in the last game on Sunday.. which was a SHOWCASE game.. M&D played their backup goalie who was not committed 3/4 of the game to get her looks.. that is what a real organization who cares about their players do... gets all the kids looks.. Good luck with the summer of 2018.. wont be any different than the summer of 2016 or 2017. Oh and can't wait for certain girls who wont show up to the " mandatory " winter practices.. while Curcio said if you don't show up you wont play.. how she will enforce that??? she didn't enforce it this weekend I can tell you that.


Here is the problem with your nonsense, you obviously are just some douchie pot stirrer with no kid on the team , if you had a kid on the team you would realize that they beat MD last weekend so they have traded wins vs MD in the fall. When you get that basic fact wrong everything else you say is just obviously bs. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.


I don't have a dog in this but if someone is quoting "mandatory" winter practices and other information it sounds like its coming from your own team. So calling someone a childish name kind of puts you on that same level. Maybe its just as simple as other teams are better or perhaps the poster is correct the new coaching philosophy doesn't work. Facts are your "team" doesn't win nearly as much as they used too, the philosophy was in the past was somewhat of a "team" defenders played defense, middies played midfield and attackers played attack. Now you have attackers that can't score or feed, middies who are gassed and defenders who well God only knows, I don't even want to get into your goalie situation. So have fun killing each other and yes your star parents have made a stink to both your coach and CR its not a secret....... its not working but its not a secret


For someone who does not have a dog in this fight you sure pretend to know way too much which makes you a bit of a stalker or just a liar. The poster was called douchie because they are just flat out making up nonsense. Wow they split games with MD in fall showcase tournaments and you are acting like its some horrible team. Honestly if Curcio told them at the end of last season what to expect moving forward and she has stuck to her word then good for her . If that is the case they should shut their mouths because they were told what was to come. If she went back on her word than people would have something to complain about. That said I watched them play last week and in no way did they seem to be playing to win at all costs so this seems to be a couple disgruntled parents acting like cowards instead of speaking directly with the coach.

Excuse me but aren't you doing the same thing as the "dog fighter" how would you know its "nonsense" you are commenting like you are not on the team; and yes you have many disgruntled parents on that team including "stud" parents as well as parents of "uncommitted". You and your parents are the problem big mouths and you go spewing your stories all over YJ period. So stop talking the high road big mouths from immature parents and club owner and coach who have there priorities in the wrong places.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Excuse me but aren't you doing the same thing as the "dog fighter" how would you know its "nonsense" you are commenting like you are not on the team; and yes you have many disgruntled parents on that team including "stud" parents as well as parents of "uncommitted". You and your parents are the problem big mouths and you go spewing your stories all over YJ period. So stop talking the high road big mouths from immature parents and club owner and coach who have there priorities in the wrong places."

Actually I was just going on the info on this site and the 20 minutes of a game I watched while my daughters team warmed up. I know its nonsense because I know they beat MD this fall so after that anything that poster says has to be considered unreliable at best. I think its hilarious that some of you morons just don't see how ridiculous your comments are. Say what you want but looking at their list of commits tells me that in getting kids committed there is no better team in the age group so the way Curcio is running the team is working out just fine for the kids on the team, results don't lie. You all come on with subjective criticism and nothing concrete that can actually be checked but when you look at the facts its trolls that team is doing great.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 years moron

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
"Excuse me but aren't you doing the same thing as the "dog fighter" how would you know its "nonsense" you are commenting like you are not on the team; and yes you have many disgruntled parents on that team including "stud" parents as well as parents of "uncommitted". You and your parents are the problem big mouths and you go spewing your stories all over YJ period. So stop talking the high road big mouths from immature parents and club owner and coach who have there priorities in the wrong places."

Actually I was just going on the info on this site and the 20 minutes of a game I watched while my daughters team warmed up. I know its nonsense because I know they beat MD this fall so after that anything that poster says has to be considered unreliable at best. I think its hilarious that some of you morons just don't see how ridiculous your comments are. Say what you want but looking at their list of commits tells me that in getting kids committed there is no better team in the age group so the way Curcio is running the team is working out just fine for the kids on the team, results don't lie. You all come on with subjective criticism and nothing concrete that can actually be checked but when you look at the facts its trolls that team is doing great.



Dont you two idiots get it? it doesnt matter who won or lost in these games!!!! the Coaches dont care! The coaches are coming to these better teams games to watch individual players!! who gives a rats [lacrosse] who wins! I get it... you like to wear your kids club teams sweatshirts around and pound your chests at the bar! In the end all that matters is are the coaches coming to watch your team! Then its up to Sally to perform as a team player!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what was sad about the Curcio team is that she played the studs when the non committed players sat on the sidelines while college coaches watched the game, which most left at halftime as there was not need to watch the game knowing she was playing a short bench... and her team still lost to M&D Black again. The formula of playing kids out of position is not working. They beat the average team but will lost to the top teams. It has been this way for 2 years now and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.


the light at the end of the tunnel is that you have one more year after this to act like an [lacrosse] and then you can troll college teams and coaches

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Originally Posted by Anonymous
yes, and the point was.. 2 years ago when Curcio played all the girls equally, they use to beat up on M&D Black.. now with her new " coaching" philosophy of play to win at all cost.. they have not won anything or beaten a meaningful team in 2 years . While all the other teams sub out, you have to see the gassed middies not being able to get back and help on defense which puts the defense in a bad situation .. then switch middies with attack and defense.. not realizing that attack players cant man up and defend, don't know now to slide or communicate on defense.. they only know how to ride... M&D embarrassed them again.. they seem to have it right.. they play everyone equally. and in the last game on Sunday.. which was a SHOWCASE game.. M&D played their backup goalie who was not committed 3/4 of the game to get her looks.. that is what a real organization who cares about their players do... gets all the kids looks.. Good luck with the summer of 2018.. wont be any different than the summer of 2016 or 2017. Oh and can't wait for certain girls who wont show up to the " mandatory " winter practices.. while Curcio said if you don't show up you wont play.. how she will enforce that??? she didn't enforce it this weekend I can tell you that.


Here is the problem with your nonsense, you obviously are just some douchie pot stirrer with no kid on the team , if you had a kid on the team you would realize that they beat MD last weekend so they have traded wins vs MD in the fall. When you get that basic fact wrong everything else you say is just obviously bs. Go back to the hole you crawled out of.


I don't have a dog in this but if someone is quoting "mandatory" winter practices and other information it sounds like its coming from your own team. So calling someone a childish name kind of puts you on that same level. Maybe its just as simple as other teams are better or perhaps the poster is correct the new coaching philosophy doesn't work. Facts are your "team" doesn't win nearly as much as they used too, the philosophy was in the past was somewhat of a "team" defenders played defense, middies played midfield and attackers played attack. Now you have attackers that can't score or feed, middies who are gassed and defenders who well God only knows, I don't even want to get into your goalie situation. So have fun killing each other and yes your star parents have made a stink to both your coach and CR its not a secret....... its not working but its not a secret


For someone who does not have a dog in this fight you sure pretend to know way too much which makes you a bit of a stalker or just a liar. The poster was called douchie because they are just flat out making up nonsense. Wow they split games with MD in fall showcase tournaments and you are acting like its some horrible team. Honestly if Curcio told them at the end of last season what to expect moving forward and she has stuck to her word then good for her . If that is the case they should shut their mouths because they were told what was to come. If she went back on her word than people would have something to complain about. That said I watched them play last week and in no way did they seem to be playing to win at all costs so this seems to be a couple disgruntled parents acting like cowards instead of speaking directly with the coach.

Excuse me but aren't you doing the same thing as the "dog fighter" how would you know its "nonsense" you are commenting like you are not on the team; and yes you have many disgruntled parents on that team including "stud" parents as well as parents of "uncommitted". You and your parents are the problem big mouths and you go spewing your stories all over YJ period. So stop talking the high road big mouths from immature parents and club owner and coach who have there priorities in the wrong places.


you actually have a parent recruiting (or attempting to) for his kids college team so that she will have some "decent pieces" around her, that's how crazy the dynamic is with this team

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
6 years moron
?? No one but you have any idea what this is in response to. What college has a recruit parent recruiting for them or is this just some more made up nonsense.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The YJ team and its coach are in a difficult spot with so many girls committed and wanting to compete at a high level, while still having a handful of kids mostly on defense still trying to get seen and committed. I don't envy the position the coach is in. For every player and family that is happy there are several that are disappointed and I don't see that ever changing. There has to be a better way of doing things if they really care about the kids. Why not limit fall events to kids not committed from various YJ teams. Do the committed kids really need to play in fall tournaments.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The YJ team and its coach are in a difficult spot with so many girls committed and wanting to compete at a high level, while still having a handful of kids mostly on defense still trying to get seen and committed. I don't envy the position the coach is in. For every player and family that is happy there are several that are disappointed and I don't see that ever changing. There has to be a better way of doing things if they really care about the kids. Why not limit fall events to kids not committed from various YJ teams. Do the committed kids really need to play in fall tournaments.


Because then you would not have enough kids to form a team and if you then just put them with jones team no one would be happy. Its an impossible situation because there are several reasons that kids play travel . On one hand kids are playing hoping to get recruited and on the other hand you have recruited kids looking to play in competitive games. I have a suggestion that I have not heard before. Make the games two 25 minute halves, the first half no score is kept and play mostly non recruited kids the second half score is kept and teams play to win.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dg
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
6 years moron
?? No one but you have any idea what this is in response to. What college has a recruit parent recruiting for them or is this just some more made up nonsense.


its pretty common knowledge what he's trying to do, i'm sure the college coach has no idea

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You would think the coaches and teammates would spread the minutes and the ball around during the fall tournaments to those who haven't verbaled but the coaches are weak and the players are incapable of being good teammates because their parents would make them walk home if they didn't go to goal.

So sad. Nobody gets it

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that the 2019 YJ team that played down in MD the past weekends is all the uncommitted girls. They did not shine against the MD teams in general, but, they all got looks. How are the MD teams able to have their committed girls play? Do these MD girls do lacrosse all year, even the high school juniors?

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
curcio's formula of putting the " best team " on the field and win at all costs is not working.. if you look back 2 years ago, they were beating everyone all while playing everyone equally.. nothing will change next year.. tight bench, parents will [lacrosse], and they still will not win a meaningful game.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Common Sense .....not so common.............why play girls equally when you think you have to win every time.......[lacrosse] with the girls that are not committed yet....... screw the college coaches that come out to watch the girls that arent commtiied. screw the parents whose kids don't get decent looks........

screw me? screw everybody

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw them too......unbelievable team. i agree on the chemistry....stick skills and ball movement were a pleasure to watch.........

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
curcio's formula of putting the " best team " on the field and win at all costs is not working.. if you look back 2 years ago, they were beating everyone all while playing everyone equally.. nothing will change next year.. tight bench, parents will [lacrosse], and they still will not win a meaningful game.


You people are ridiculous . The posts about Curcios team are either a team parent who is being deliberately misleading or someone who does not have a player on the team and is just ignorant ,either way they are just trying to build up their kid by knocking others down. In reality Curcios team has beaten many top teams MD, Heroes etc this fall. Playing time last summer was essentially equal and and a little less this fall. To say they are playing to win at all cost is ridiculous , the generally considered best player on the team ( UNC commit) by the coach has not started many of the fall games .Whats worse is if this is a parent of one of the players stop being a coward and have a discussion with Curcio or go to another club and if this is some troll from another club grow up and at least get your facts straight.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not referring to any specific clubs.......could care less if it is YJ or Skywalkers or M&D (or any other club)........at showcases play the kids more that are not committed......

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The solution for the 2020s and 2019s is simple but perhaps unpalatable to money hungry club directors...split teams into "committed" and "uncommitted." The committed players can continue honing their skills, which is presumably why they continue to play club ball. The uncommitted players can focus on developing and showcasing. Place teams in brackets where they will be challenged because no college coach will value watching a blowout. Forget about the scores. Clubs will be evaluated by how well they do in positioning their players for the next level, not on any meaningless championship trophies.

Maybe clubs won't max out profits with this approach, but they would have a lot more satisfied customers.

I can dream, can't I?

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The solution for the 2020s and 2019s is simple but perhaps unpalatable to money hungry club directors...split teams into "committed" and "uncommitted." The committed players can continue honing their skills, which is presumably why they continue to play club ball. The uncommitted players can focus on developing and showcasing. Place teams in brackets where they will be challenged because no college coach will value watching a blowout. Forget about the scores. Clubs will be evaluated by how well they do in positioning their players for the next level, not on any meaningless championship trophies.

Maybe clubs won't max out profits with this approach, but they would have a lot more satisfied customers.

I can dream, can't I?



Yeah ok.... Club lacrosse is the most corrupt money hungry group out there. They are so powerful they render US Lacrosse almost powerless

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am not referring to any specific clubs.......could care less if it is YJ or Skywalkers or M&D (or any other club)........at showcases play the kids more that are not committed......


How about at championship tournaments

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The solution for the 2020s and 2019s is simple but perhaps unpalatable to money hungry club directors...split teams into "committed" and "uncommitted." The committed players can continue honing their skills, which is presumably why they continue to play club ball. The uncommitted players can focus on developing and showcasing. Place teams in brackets where they will be challenged because no college coach will value watching a blowout. Forget about the scores. Clubs will be evaluated by how well they do in positioning their players for the next level, not on any meaningless championship trophies.

Maybe clubs won't max out profits with this approach, but they would have a lot more satisfied customers.

I can dream, can't I?



Yeah ok.... Club lacrosse is the most corrupt money hungry group out there. They are so powerful they render US Lacrosse almost powerless


You are forgetting about another group out there that is now making a big move to get a slice of that pie. Have you noticed how many more college clinics and etc are going on. There are a handful of clinics or showcases now scheduled around the Florida money grab. Now, they will have 2 extra years to siphon money off of you and still cannot talk to you. Before, it was only primarily the commits or players being recruited to specific schools that were attending the camps and clinics after freshman year or so in high school. Has anyone else noticed this?

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are forgetting about another group out there that is now making a big move to get a slice of that pie. Have you noticed how many more college clinics and etc are going on. There are a handful of clinics or showcases now scheduled around the Florida money grab. Now, they will have 2 extra years to siphon money off of you and still cannot talk to you. Before, it was only primarily the commits or players being recruited to specific schools that were attending the camps and clinics after freshman year or so in high school. Has anyone else noticed this?

[/quote]

You are spot on. College coaches are raking in money from camps and clinics.

However, let me make one contrast...

If you sign your kid up for a college camp/clinic, you are pretty well assured that she will be "seen" by a particular coach at a particular school your kid likes.

On the other hand, when you sign up for a club team and their tournaments, you are HOPING that the college coach your kid emailed will show up to watch her play AND that the club coach will put her on the field.

We'll only know on 9/1/2018 whether the choices we made for our daughters were the right ones. 289 days and counting...

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The solution for the 2020s and 2019s is simple but perhaps unpalatable to money hungry club directors...split teams into "committed" and "uncommitted." The committed players can continue honing their skills, which is presumably why they continue to play club ball. The uncommitted players can focus on developing and showcasing. Place teams in brackets where they will be challenged because no college coach will value watching a blowout. Forget about the scores. Clubs will be evaluated by how well they do in positioning their players for the next level, not on any meaningless championship trophies.

Maybe clubs won't max out profits with this approach, but they would have a lot more satisfied customers.

I can dream, can't I?



Yeah ok.... Club lacrosse is the most corrupt money hungry group out there. They are so powerful they render US Lacrosse almost powerless


You are forgetting about another group out there that is now making a big move to get a slice of that pie. Have you noticed how many more college clinics and etc are going on. There are a handful of clinics or showcases now scheduled around the Florida money grab. Now, they will have 2 extra years to siphon money off of you and still cannot talk to you. Before, it was only primarily the commits or players being recruited to specific schools that were attending the camps and clinics after freshman year or so in high school. Has anyone else noticed this?



Couldn't agree more. The delay to junior year has these college coaches foaming at the mouth for the reasons you listed above. Most coaches are only making $40-$70k per year (outside of the top lacrosse programs). These camps and clinics are helping them line their pockets and increase their total comp. These coaches hated that they had to kiss the asses of club directors making twice what they made as a college coach

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I said at Showcases ........but i do think non committed players should get decent playing time still..... because at the end of the day nobody cares who wins a tournament 10 years ago.........and the best advertising for any club isnt just championships but more importantly.....how many kids get committed is more important

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I said at Showcases ........but i do think non committed players should get decent playing time still..... because at the end of the day nobody cares who wins a tournament 10 years ago.........and the best advertising for any club isnt just championships but more importantly.....how many kids get committed is more important


So there is no where for kids to go and play highly competitive games and learn that hard work pays off in this politically correct world .10 years from now no one is going to care what school your kid committed to play lacrosse .My kids have played multiple sports on travel teams and lacrosse is the only one where parents expect all kids to get equal playing time. If your kid is not getting the playing time you want them to get you have options ,move to another club,stay with the same club but move down to a lower team , or work harder.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I said at Showcases ........but i do think non committed players should get decent playing time still..... because at the end of the day nobody cares who wins a tournament 10 years ago.........and the best advertising for any club isnt just championships but more importantly.....how many kids get committed is more important


So there is no where for kids to go and play highly competitive games and learn that hard work pays off in this politically correct world .10 years from now no one is going to care what school your kid committed to play lacrosse .My kids have played multiple sports on travel teams and lacrosse is the only one where parents expect all kids to get equal playing time. If your kid is not getting the playing time you want them to get you have options ,move to another club,stay with the same club but move down to a lower team , or work harder.


I agree but I have a problem with these directors loading the rosters with 26 kids and then not playing them. If the kid is good enough to make the team, the kid should be good enough to play otherwise put 20 on the team and move #21-26 to another team. The director can't take the money and then not expect the valid criticism.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I kindly disagree.......more people are interested in kids getting committed to good colleges and getting great educations.......but if winning tournaments is the only thing that is important to you and your daughter...so be it ..... I am not judging. I am guessing every club would rather have all girls committed to go to college then a trophy....and if that isnt true....shame on that club. If there is a club that only cares about winning.....good for them....bad for the girls. you are right the girls can go somewhere else.... I don't disagree.

And i don't agree with equal playing time....the better girls get more time, that is they way it goes sometimes....but it is the clubs responsibility to get the non committed girls good playing time in showcases. But if the club would rather go 4-0 in a showcase and only play their committed players most......doesnt make much sense does it? After all, the college coaches could care less about them if they are already committed.

That being said....if you are playing in other tournaments and you want to win the trophy, as most teams want to, their best players see more time. But, hopefully that changes when a team goes to a showcase....if it doesnt then something is horribly wrong.

My initial post said showcases

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and more......at showcases....I think it is the committed players responsibility to let the non committed players shine in games....... that doesnt mean the committed players don't score ....it means they do less.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 is plenty....26 is out of line

i agree

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
and more......at showcases....I think it is the committed players responsibility to let the non committed players shine in games....... that doesnt mean the committed players don't score ....it means they do less.


Respectfully disagree , if you are going to play they should play the right way not try to "do less". I also do not get why you would distinguish who should play "more" because one tourney is championship and the other is showcase.If you start with the idea that the main purpose of these travel teams is to get as many kids recruited as possible , you have college coaches at both types of tournaments , so why treat them differently. If your coach or club tells you the majority of playing time will go to the starters and you stay with that team knowing this it's on you . Still waiting to hear where kids who want to play competitive lacrosse both in terms of competing for your spot on a team and playing against other teams is supposed to go .

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the question I want answered as well. If you are one of the stronger players, what do you do to get better, play competitive games and compete at a high level. Those kids participate in travel lacrosse for those reasons but when you have a roster of 24 and everyone is jockeying for commitments if makes for a terrible environment for all of the players. There is no reason to have rosters of that size - rather than have 3 teams of 24 players, have 4 teams of 18. Parents would even pay more to be part of a smaller roster.

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i appreciate the response....there is a difference in showcases....showcases are for all the kids ....once they are committed, it becomes for the non committed to get time. Do you really think the college coaches want to watch a team full of committed players? I am not saying they don't play....that would be silly.....but the non committed players need to get good playing time. for the better players to get better.....they have options. They can play on an older team against older competition. wouldnt this be a better solution if you wanted your daughter (player) to get a better?

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
20 is plenty....26 is out of line

i agree


Do the math. Look at how much it costs to register a team for tournaments - the costs are available. Add up the total costs of all the tournaments for the year for that team, add in the practice field costs, and all the expenses. Then look at how much it costs per girl to play. For a bunch of clubs out there - the first 18 cover the costs for the year. Anything after that generally goes to paying coaches - then the club owner's pockets. If you can get 26 parents to buy into paying the money to be on a team - why stop at 18?

Re: Girls 2020 - 10th Grade Fall 2017/Summer 2018
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
20 is plenty....26 is out of line

i agree


Do the math. Look at how much it costs to register a team for tournaments - the costs are available. Add up the total costs of all the tournaments for the year for that team, add in the practice field costs, and all the expenses. Then look at how much it costs per girl to play. For a bunch of clubs out there - the first 18 cover the costs for the year. Anything after that generally goes to paying coaches - then the club owner's pockets. If you can get 26 parents to buy into paying the money to be on a team - why stop at 18?



Finally someone looking at the math. Club lacrosse is about making money for these directors it isn't charity. Many of these clubs make $50-$100k just running tryouts. They are all very smart. They know up to 28 on a team is an absolute joke but they do it for the cash. They all know a dedicated team of 18 is all they need. East to sub, easy to have like ability kids, easy everything. 26-28 is good for only one thing making them rich. And most of these clubs don't pay their coaches much. Its all going in the directors pockets. I think that's why you are seeing the C and D teams disappearing. People know its an absolute scam. And don't forget that these same directors run the tournaments, direct their teams there and then double dip!

Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard












Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4