BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 47 of 144 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will they also change or swap coaches for 2015 blue and 2015 white???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The bigger issue is will these teams get any real exposure in AA brackets at the highest profile recruiting tournaments. Huge recruiting summer that hopefully won't be wasted. There isn't a single kid on the team that can afford to play at subpar tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 Express Blue has new coaches this year-Jack Moran (Chaminade), Doug Schreiber (St Anthony's) and Kevin Adler (St. Anthony's). 2015 White has the same Head coach as last year- Bob Pomponio (Chaminade). Both teams have a great collection of coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question - quality coaches. But will anybody see them play besides parents?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The bigger issue is will these teams get any real exposure in AA brackets at the highest profile recruiting tournaments. Huge recruiting summer that hopefully won't be wasted. There isn't a single kid on the team that can afford to play at subpar tournaments.

When the 2015 Blue and White get their tournament schedules for the summer could somebody please post them here? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No question - quality coaches. But will anybody see them play besides parents?

If a tree falls in the woods...are the directors embarrassed to put this team in front of college coaches against other elite teams? The schedule will tell all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. Biggest summer of their recruiting process. No time to waste a summer buried in meaningless obscurity. Hope it works out for these boys because jesters, outlaws, fl$ and others will get lots of exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any idea when the Express is going to announce what tournaments we are playing in for the Summer of 2013? Trying to make some plans and I can't believe the whole family has to wait on an 11 yr olds lacrosse schedule

Family plans? Ha Ha - yea right, kiss that goodbye. Welcome to 5-6 years of summer club lax [lacrosse].

I guess someone is forcing you to have your kid play travel lacrosse. It comes with the territory.....

Relax hyper rookie - been there done that with quite a successful outcome. But if fighting traffic on the NJ TP in 100 degree heat every weekend is your family's idea of relaxing fun, quality time and creating memories then knock yourself out. And yes, this is "forced" on everybody if your kid loves lax.

You might wish to consider the fun and good times had at these events, and the gainful outcomes brought about. We, at our home, have many great times, and will enjoy many more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just keep in mind ... the tournament schedule will change after it is handed out.

Always- and the phony reasons for these changes keep improving!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2015 Express Blue has new coaches this year-Jack Moran (Chaminade), Doug Schreiber (St Anthony's) and Kevin Adler (St. Anthony's). 2015 White has the same Head coach as last year- Bob Pomponio (Chaminade). Both teams have a great collection of coaches.

Impressive as [lacrosse]. Will they really show up, go to tourney's, and be present at practice? This IS the Express, you know.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice representation ay UNC camp this past weekend as well as other LI clubs. Good job by all LI boys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The talent around the country is unbelievable. The most impressive players that I saw at every position were not from long island. Anybody for D3?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line Blue and White are a waste of time
Great Coaches but smoke and mirrors that's why
Most of St. Ants and Chaminades better players whom
don't play Orange play, play fl$, Jesters, outlaws
And a few others. With Express your kids just
a number for dollars!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bottom line Blue and White are a waste of time
Great Coaches but smoke and mirrors that's why
Most of St. Ants and Chaminades better players whom
don't play Orange play, play fl$, Jesters, outlaws
And a few others. With Express your kids just
a number for dollars!!!!

Jesters 9th grade team got flogged by a pick up team of express 9th,8th and 7th graders. ...there is talent there as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jesters 9th grade team got flogged by a pick up team of express 9th,8th and 7th graders. ...there is talent there as well. [/quote]

No offense to either the Express or Jesters intended, however until other organizations and teams are willing to put in the resources and volume of work that the Express has (especially with Terps 2017 and 18) playing at their level will be difficult. There is no such thing as pick up when these teams are constantly practicing and scrimmaging with a "home" field.

They are winning with much greater preparedness, as teams now should be.

Other organizations can keep up or fall behind. Travel teams may be weaker overall, but there are many good players in theses age groups regardless. These players will find their way as individuals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone said there were a couple of Ringers as well!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 85% Terps 2017, rest was 2016 Cudas and two from an outside club. Zero 7th graders. The only "ringers" where the Barracuda players, not the outsiders. A bunch of those Terp kids are as advertised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was talking 2015 current 10th grade, .2017 players are
Not being recruited yet, the conversations in
Regard to that.

Sure you're right about younger Jesters team,
2015 team that was down in Fla last year still
Strong but half of team left they will still destroy
Express Blue a. White, and will give Orange
a good run unless Orange plays top 15.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Removed Negative Reference Regarding Named Child
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was 85% Terps 2017, rest was 2016 Cudas and two from an outside club. Zero 7th graders. The only "ringers" where the Barracuda players, not the outsiders. A bunch of those Terp kids are as advertised.

Yes, the Express CudaTerp mix was fun to watch. 1st they beat CT Chargers 2016 by about 7, than 2016 Jesters, I guess a team from CT was driving around Nassau Cty looking for a "pick up" game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, the Express CudaTerp mix was fun to watch. 1st they beat CT Chargers 2016 by about 7, than 2016 Jesters, I guess a team from CT was driving around Nassau Cty looking for a "pick up" game.

Were the Cudas included the ones that should be 2015 or the true 2016s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure, but the Chargers and Jesters had plenty of 10th graders and lost to mostly 8th graders, it was primarily 8th grade express terp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuda attackman responsible for most goals. I or 2 terp middies played well. Outsiders played well for not knowing team. Rest of them a bit sloppy. Most of the success from cudas and outsiders. Not from 85% Terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuda attackman was insane. Great player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cuda attackman responsible for most goals. I or 2 terp middies played well. Outsiders played well for not knowing team. Rest of them a bit sloppy. Most of the success from cudas and outsiders. Not from 85% Terps.

What the person said was, 85% of the PLAYERS were from the TERPS. Pay attention what you read. And correct, the two cuda attack are great players and scored most the goals against Chargers. But how did the ball get to those attack man? Those 2 or 3 outsiders do they practice with the terps? The Terp attack looked pretty strong to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anybody good was down at unc camp.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only one terp attack played against the chargers. The rest of the terp attack sat. Middies played well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what is it, all the good cudas where at unc camp OR the 2017 terps couldn't win without the 6 cudas OR the 2 cuda attack won both games alone OR the bulk of the team was terps OR cuda and terps combined to beat two good 9th grade teams by a good margin?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So what is it, all the good cudas where at unc camp OR the 2017 terps couldn't win without the 6 cudas OR the 2 cuda attack won both games alone OR the bulk of the team was terps OR cuda and terps combined to beat two good 9th grade teams by a good margin?

Or....if all the "good players" were at UNC maybe Chargers and Jesters kids were there as well.

So silly.........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your nuts. Two of the best cuda goal scorers played with terps on sunday. Two starters, two studs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who were the outsiders? From where?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your nuts. Two of the best cuda goal scorers played with terps on sunday. Two starters, two studs.

Mirage - only looked like studs because they played with younger kids. I bet cudas were the oldest on the team. Who decided that was a great idea?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of being called "Long Island Express", maybe named for the road most of the higher echelon travel, I think a better name would be "Highway Robbery". I would compare their pricing to the price gouging of gas for Superstorm Sandy, the only difference is there was a 10% anti-gouging law whereby gas prices could not be increased more than 10%. Too bad, there is no law that would govern this organization. Do the math, most of us are in the wrong business.

As for recruitment, last I checked, middle school kids aren't getting recruited to be charging these prices. I understand all personal choice, but if you are hoping to be St. Anthony's or Chaminade bound, it probably would be in your best interest to develop a relationship with Express, but at what cost?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were no 10th graders on any of the teams. And the Terps would have lost without the cudas and the others. The cudas/Terps only won by 2 or 3 goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Instead of being called "Long Island Express", maybe named for the road most of the higher echelon travel, I think a better name would be "Highway Robbery". I would compare their pricing to the price gouging of gas for Superstorm Sandy, the only difference is there was a 10% anti-gouging law whereby gas prices could not be increased more than 10%. Too bad, there is no law that would govern this organization. Do the math, most of us are in the wrong business.

As for recruitment, last I checked, middle school kids aren't getting recruited to be charging these prices. I understand all personal choice, but if you are hoping to be St. Anthony's or Chaminade bound, it probably would be in your best interest to develop a relationship with Express, but at what cost?

Its called a FREE MARKET. Move along. Don't you have another law you have to write or something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Law of supply and demand, I personally dont give a dam what people decide to do with their money. The man is making the most of the current travel lacrosse climate, can you really blame him for that?

We all have choices to make and for some people it works.

Law of supply and demand, I personally dont give a dam what people decide to do with their money. The man is making the most of the current travel lacrosse climate, can you really blame him for that?

We all have choices to make and for some people it works. Some people might look at it as an investment in their childs future. Say what you want, but they can coach and they have resources. Its really as simple as "You get what you pay for"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good point. This has been mentioned on this thread before. If there are going to be multiple teams per grade and therefore mulitple levels of quality, recruiting support, quality/experience of coaching etc. Why not institute a tiered pricing scheme? If you drive the Mercedes you pay a high price - everybody understands that. But if you are asked to drive a Chevy Cruz you would not expect to pay the same price as the guy who gets to experience the Mercedes. Thats were dissention and animosity creeps in to the conversation about the Express. Its called trying to provide the best value prop to all levels of customers. All businesses do it and the Express (and other programs with multiple teams per grade) should think about the same if they want to keep families from looking elsewhere for a better value/price equation. Please, no need for some meathead to scream "FREE MARKET, MOVE ON" - that's not the basis for a constructive conversation among Express customers nor sound business advice to the Express Directiors who are trying to run a good and sustainable business. Just sayin'.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wa wa wa - I did say personal choice, not my choice. It's just the chatter around the Long Island lacrosse world, take it for what it's worth. Maybe when you become educated on the pricing, you can better respond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were no 10th graders on any of the teams. And the Terps would have lost without the cudas and the others. The cudas/Terps only won by 2 or 3 goals.

first gamt against CT Bolts 12-5 Terps, 2nd game vs Jesters 10-1 Terps, much more then 2 or 3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true, there are really good players on blue and white but agreed some have moved on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's one kids, ditch the Phd idea and start a lacrosse program, you already have a name.

Like Reply Quote
Page 47 of 144 1 2 45 46 47 48 49 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard