BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,968
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 69 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would love to see the turtles play up against the best of 2016. I think they are finally ready to play and beat the Cudas.

They ARE U13. They ARE fantastic. Why do you not congratulate? You are dangerous.

They are 2017 right? Why not play up a year and see how good they really are? So what if they lose?

If they played up, they would have been up 2 years. I have nothing to do with the Turtles, I don't get all the resentment towars 13 year olds who have worked their buts off to be great. They played in their own age group an won! so what? Congratulations! Way to represent Long Island!

Don't be so defensive, nobody is criticizing the Turtles. I think the point is that going forward, since the turtles are a 2017 team, why not challenge themselves against some good 2016 teams next summer and enter the U15 national in florida? There are regional qualifying tournaments that I'm sure they can sign up for. If they make it thorugh, they might get matched up with the 2016 cudas, which would be a great matchup.

Turtles 10 cudas 4, Bank on it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The terps would get destroyed. They've already played one another and the Turtles crushed them. There's the Turtles and then everyone else. From, a parent that has nothing to do with the team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would love to see the turtles play up against the best of 2016. I think they are finally ready to play and beat the Cudas.

They ARE U13. They ARE fantastic. Why do you not congratulate? You are dangerous.

They are 2017 right? Why not play up a year and see how good they really are? So what if they lose?

If they played up, they would have been up 2 years. I have nothing to do with the Turtles, I don't get all the resentment towars 13 year olds who have worked their buts off to be great. They played in their own age group an won! so what? Congratulations! Way to represent Long Island!

Don't be so defensive, nobody is criticizing the Turtles. I think the point is that going forward, since the turtles are a 2017 team, why not challenge themselves against some good 2016 teams next summer and enter the U15 national in florida? There are regional qualifying tournaments that I'm sure they can sign up for. If they make it thorugh, they might get matched up with the 2016 cudas, which would be a great matchup.

Q: What quality 2016 teams did the turtles beat last year?

A: None that I know of. After your nyquil induced fantasy comes to an end, please start with the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The terps would get destroyed. They've already played one another and the Turtles crushed them. There's the Turtles and then everyone else. From, a parent that has nothing to do with the team...

Thats why the turtles should try playing up against some 2016s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Q: What quality 2016 teams did the turtles beat last year?

A: None that I know of. After your nyquil induced fantasy comes to an end, please start with the facts.

That will change in 2013 - enjoy the show.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Forget 2016s, Turtles would even be a tough out for some quality 2015 teams too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why dont you just let their coach make decisions for them? He seems to be doing a good job so far! You people know better, right? Hahahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction. First D1 commit from Turtles will be before 2016 cudas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Petro should just take the whole team right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, this does make sense. Who else can the Turtles play in 2017 that will give them a challenge? Answer: nobody. If they don't start challenging themselves, they will not realize their full potential. Playing up will help them in the long run.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, Nostradamus! You sound like a lunatic! Grown adults talking about their kids like its their life...SAD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, this does make sense. Who else can the Turtles play in 2017 that will give them a challenge? Answer: nobody. If they don't start challenging themselves, they will not realize their full potential. Playing up will help them in the long run.

They dont challenge themselves? Seriously? They have played up before & did pretty well. They played a National tournament in their own age group & CRUSHED everyone. Good for them! Give them a day to enjoy it! I kinda think their coach knows what he's doing. I doubt he needs advise from the "Pumpkin Patch"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles 10 cudas 4, Bank on it.

I'd agree with this prediction IF the turtles played with their off-hand. But that would be silly because the turtles don't have "off-hands".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually, I believe they played up last year when they won the U-13's in Florida the first time.

There is quite a bit of animosity on this board regarding a successful team. It reflects poorly on the sport in general and the meaning of sportsmanship.

Is this the manner in which you discuss other teams with your children?

Should you not lead by example and urge your children to improve and reach for higher goals personally, academically and athletically, than to bicker back and forth over who is better than who?

Its quite disturbing, really.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
actually, I believe they played up last year when they won the U-13's in Florida the first time.

There is quite a bit of animosity on this board regarding a successful team. It reflects poorly on the sport in general and the meaning of sportsmanship.

Should you not lead by example and urge your children to improve and reach for higher goals personally, academically and athletically, than to bicker back and forth over who is better than who?

Amen...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you! Great post and so true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What animosity? I'm not sure where you are coming from with that. All that is being suggested is that the Turtles challenge themselves because they have nothing left to prove in 2017. What's so bad about that suggestion? Hardly antogonistic and certainly not a new concept or unheard of idea - every good team plays up. Relax and don't be so sensitive - nobody is criticizing - just making suggestions to see this team reach its full potential. Is this team immune to suggestion? That would be a problem.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What animosity? I'm not sure where you are coming from with that. All that is being suggested is that the Turtles challenge themselves because they have nothing left to prove in 2017. What's so bad about that suggestion? Hardly antogonistic and certainly not a new concept or unheard of idea - every good team plays up. Relax and don't be so sensitive - nobody is criticizing - just making suggestions to see this team reach its full potential. Is this team immune to suggestion? That would be a problem.

Clearly, the animosity term was to be directed at the overall antagonistic positioning historically noted on these many threads regarding this team of young and talented players. They have been, from what I have observed, been tested in numerous instances of "playing up" and quite successfully as well. It is true that a team must continually challenge itself in order to hone it's skills and become further prepared for greater competitions in the future. That being said, it stands that previous threads do in fact regard that winning team with less than the respect it deserves. If this is the prevailing attitude towards one team that may be somewhat better than others, then again, it shows poorly on the overall concept of sportsmanship. Some teams will always be better than others at times. Some will not. Competition proves this out. Why be upset with the results, then?

I believe a coach will have his teams best interest in mind at whatever level he or she chooses to enter said team into competition. It is not for us to challenge that team's choices.

Relax and enjoy your child's experiences and support him or her when they win or lose; but do not begrudge other teams when they win.

It is less than sportsman like.

It is bereft of any sport at all in that case.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your coming on here with all your turtle post banging your chest because you beat 11 & 12 year old kids in Fla. I agree that your turtle team has proven to be a very high level team anywhere in 2017.

Is it true that a new 2017 team in your own backyard go in the same tournament in the same bracket go 3-0 and your turtles went 2-1? I guess that's not important.

As far as the 2016's, you guys last year beat a good 2016 91 White team but you guys struggled. You barely beat a really good 2016 Outlaw team but it was a great win for sure. But you guys lost to several DECENT 2016 teams. And please realize 2016 Cudas & 2016 91 Orange would walk over you.

Maybe you should keep your eye on a couple of those 2017 teams, instead of talking down on them. High level 2016 isn't for your guys, it's proven.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Turtles are clearly the best team in the country at the 2017 age group and I dont think anyone can dispute that. I have no problem with them going to Dicks and slaughtering everyone if thats what they chose to do. I dont necessarily agree with it, but thats up to their coaches to decide. I think their coaches know whats best for them at this point. Its very hard to argue with their success and I have to say they are a pleasure to watch. Who are we to say who they should play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody remain calm. Nobody is attacking the turtles. This is just a discussion about how a good team should generally challenge itself - whether its the Turtles or any other very good team. This doesn't have to be directed toward the Turtles specifically but the Turtles are being used as an example because of their recent dominance in Florida. But from what I can see here everybody on the outside looking in seems to have a healthy respect and admiration for the Turtles and its directors and what they have put together. Bravo - we should all wish them well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your coming on here with all your turtle post banging your chest because you beat 11 & 12 year old kids in Fla. I agree that your turtle team has proven to be a very high level team anywhere in 2017.

Is it true that a new 2017 team in your own backyard go in the same tournament in the same bracket go 3-0 and your turtles went 2-1? I guess that's not important.

As far as the 2016's, you guys last year beat a good 2016 91 White team but you guys struggled. You barely beat a really good 2016 Outlaw team but it was a great win for sure. But you guys lost to several DECENT 2016 teams. And please realize 2016 Cudas & 2016 91 Orange would walk over you.

Maybe you should keep your eye on a couple of those 2017 teams, instead of talking down on them. High level 2016 isn't for your guys, it's proven.

that new 2017 team as you call it was beat down by the turtles in that same tournament at the score of 18-2 or it may have been higher...we lost count after a while. the new 2017 team did not have to play the final game against the team that the turtles lost to as they left to get back before the storm hit, thus the 2017 team won by forfiet and promptly lost to the turles immediately after. unfortunately, that was never published nor spoken about...lets call it "2017-gate" and keep the truth hidden from unsuspecting and uniformed (small) minds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We'll never know until the Turtles actually play 2016 cudas or 2016 91 Orange. So, lets get it on and see where everybody stands. The only reason why these matchups wouldn't happen is that the Turtle directors and parents what to protect the program's and boys' air of invinsibility - which is a huge miscaclualtion in the long run. My guess is that any perceived gap between the Turtles and the 2016 Cudas will close dramatically with each passing year. Large blowouts like what was seen in Florida in U13 become much less common in the older grades.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think some things need to be clarified as these posts get confusing to follow.
First we have Rumpelstiltskin suggesting the Turtles need to play up. Welcome back from your slumber, let us know when your up to speed. They have been doing so since they started, and generally do not measure their success by wins and loses. They have lost but that's the only way you get better.
Second, how do you know your gonna beat teams unless you go and play. "That's why they play the game". The Turtles played the appropriate age bracket against boys their same age and grade in fla. The scores only indicate that they are that much better than the other teams not that the other teams are bad. Most of those teams are the best in their region.
lastly, Their is no need to be mysterious about some unmentioned 2017 team, when they are ready to play just set the game up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

that new 2017 team as you call it was beat down by the turtles in that same tournament at the score of 18-2 or it may have been higher...we lost count after a while. the new 2017 team did not have to play the final game against the team that the turtles lost to as they left to get back before the storm hit, thus the 2017 team won by forfiet and promptly lost to the turles immediately after. unfortunately, that was never published nor spoken about...lets call it "2017-gate" and keep the truth hidden from unsuspecting and uniformed (small) minds.

was a scrimmage and the final score was 9-3 turtles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think some things need to be clarified as these posts get confusing to follow.
First we have Rumpelstiltskin suggesting the Turtles need to play up. Welcome back from your slumber, let us know when your up to speed. They have been doing so since they started, and generally do not measure their success by wins and loses. They have lost but that's the only way you get better.
Second, how do you know your gonna beat teams unless you go and play. "That's why they play the game". The Turtles played the appropriate age bracket against boys their same age and grade in fla. The scores only indicate that they are that much better than the other teams not that the other teams are bad. Most of those teams are the best in their region.
lastly, Their is no need to be mysterious about some unmentioned 2017 team, when they are ready to play just set the game up.

If its so easy to set up a game with the turtles lets go ahead and set one up with the 2016 cudas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If its so easy to set up a game with the turtles lets go ahead and set one up with the 2016 cudas.

Too funny that you are so desperate to show how good the cudas are so you keep challenging a team that is younger, makes you look pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it was a full on game...easy to claim "scrimmage" when the beating was so very severe...

wishful thinking and revisionist scoring history on your part. sad... have another drink

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

shouldn't you be challenging 2015 teams? just saying

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At Skull and Bones...it was 16-3

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skull and Bones
Terps 3-0
Turtles 2-1
In the games that mattered. And I agree the turtles in the scrimmage won by a lot more than 9-3 but in the words to me (my son is on terps) from a turtle parent, "1st half score was interesting". Weird stuff happened in the 2nd half, no problem you guys are the best and would still beat us now but not by as much as last time as our boys are starting to gel a bit more than a couple of months ago as our kids are a newer team this season. We have some great coaching, a bunch of good players and have beaten a few really good teams in the fall, so we are doing pretty good for now. Congratulations to you guys for winning in Fla again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is this new team and who runs it.

Who is your daddy and what does he do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, why not. But the challenge is that no 2015 would want to play down 2 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This needs to be in IL? Really?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think more people would be happy for our LI teams and less bitter. If my kid is not on one of the best teams in LI- so be it. I would rather a LI team come out the champions, than not. Lax is rising all over the country- it would be nice to see LI stay on the top.

Congrats to all the LI winners.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This needs to be in IL? Really?

Wrong attitude

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would think more people would be happy for our LI teams and less bitter. If my kid is not on one of the best teams in LI- so be it. I would rather a LI team come out the champions, than not. Lax is rising all over the country- it would be nice to see LI stay on the top.

Right attitude and classy as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN. I'd prefer to congratulate a great team, and help my boy in striving for the same skills.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sure, why not. But the challenge is that no 2015 would want to play down 2 years.
The "Cuda-head" on here should stop. It's just wierd

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 69 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard